Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What art style do you want sims 5 to have poll.

Comments

• Options
    vergil7vergil7 Posts: 106 Member
    I think the sims 4 art style is fine. what we need is open world like sims 3, but more advance system where all the place was crowded with sims..

and we need new simulation gameplay. better ai.
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    Goldpuffle wrote: »
    I like the sims4 but we definitely need better graphics on the hair, I first I thought it was PLATO. OMG. It looks exactly like PLATO, a kids molding toy!

At first I thought they would fix and make us see moving, bouncy hair like in sims2!

Disney has better graphics for movies!

tumblr_n3js88pZ5a1trmkp7o1_500.gif[img][/img]

I want better graphics, too. But the graphics Pixar pumps out could be done in real time....sometime in 2030, when quantum computers are a mainstay. (actually, I have no idea when we might get graphics like that).

I'd like to see something along the graphics style of the scene below:
    { Picture removed because of severe violent content }

Not too real (avoids the creep factor), but nicer than what we have now. I'd be fine with loading screens if it meant we got a significant boost to graphics.
    What? They pixelate "the finger" but a decapitated person is okay? What kind of censorship is that??? smh

I had to LOL this because I was thinking the same thing. It's like on TV and movies they can show all the violence they want and people being mutilated, but god forbid they should show a nipple.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I still think this would be nice for Sims
    QD_BEYOND_SCREEN12.1378676545.jpg
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    I absolutely agree @06Bon06.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I wonder what the system requirements for the sims 4 would have been if the game looked like this.

6a631b3e1ad4b7e683b038bc8a23411d.jpg?itok=Qd2FNh_M

I need to finish Mass Effect 3 before the release of this game. B)

I wish I could play Mass Effect 3.
    I switched my hard drive over to an SSD and now Origin will not let me play it.
    No amount of uninstalling and reinstalling Origin or ME3 will fix it. I'm kind of scared to try any further unless I screw things up for other Origin games.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    HollowVoid wrote: »
    So when people say it would be creepy to have ultra-realistic sims, I guess they mean this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDJPfETkj_E
    I remember watching this before and LOL yes exactly this. I love those real Sims type videos. It's amusing seeing actual people act like Sims and do what they do and speak Simlish.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Because Will Wright wanted the sims as Charactures of people and not real people - I highly doubt they will ever be realistic as he wanted the world sort of fantasy - imagination kind of thing - surreal in other words and I am not positive but I believe that was also in the agreement of things he did not want changed in the game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    I like the sims4 but we definitely need better graphics on the hair, I first I thought it was PLATO. OMG. It looks exactly like PLATO, a kids molding toy!

At first I thought they would fix and make us see moving, bouncy hair like in sims2!

I want better graphics, too. But the graphics Pixar pumps out could be done in real time....sometime in 2030, when quantum computers are a mainstay. (actually, I have no idea when we might get graphics like that).

{ Picture removed due to severe violent content }

Not too real (avoids the creep factor), but nicer than what we have now. I'd be fine with loading screens if it meant we got a significant boost to graphics.
    What? They pixelate "the finger" but a decapitated person is okay? What kind of censorship is that??? smh

That's the American Way (I'm serious).
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    CK213 wrote: »
    I wonder what the system requirements for the sims 4 would have been if the game looked like this.

6a631b3e1ad4b7e683b038bc8a23411d.jpg?itok=Qd2FNh_M

I need to finish Mass Effect 3 before the release of this game. B)

I wish I could play Mass Effect 3.
    I switched my hard drive over to an SSD and now Origin will not let me play it.
    No amount of uninstalling and reinstalling Origin or ME3 will fix it. I'm kind of scared to try any further unless I screw things up for other Origin games.

That's weird because I am running SSD drives in one of my pcs and having no problem with Origin. I don't have Mass Effect as I don't play killing type game now a days - (although I do have Dragon Age) but I have other origin games on my pcs and none have had any issues going to any of my games. I would check my settings and make sure Origin has permissions etc.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    I'm almost certain Will Wright wanted the Sims to be at least equal in quality to the best current releases (on the PC, not on phones). The 2013 screenshots looked really nice I thought, too bad they did to graphics what they did to just about everything else. The style is fine, but it looks to be (look at the horrible, mutated squirrel? Or was that a chipmunk? It needs to be put out of its misery) of fairly low quality.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I'm almost certain Will Wright wanted the Sims to be at least equal in quality to the best current releases (on the PC, not on phones). The 2013 screenshots looked really nice I thought, too bad they did to graphics what they did to just about everything else. The style is fine, but it looks to be (look at the horrible, mutated squirrel? Or was that a chipmunk? It needs to be put out of its misery) of fairly low quality.

You could be right about that - I know he likes Pixar and even Disney looking animated creatures. He has mentioned it in interviews that he is a fan of pixar - which actually these worlds remind me of - but yes from the pictures I have seen of the GP - that "creature" definitely looks like a frankenstein version of what a chip munk should look like and definitely not pixar.

ETA - I don't have the GP myself - so I can't say if it was perhaps a low grade pc maybe or bad picture or if it actually looks like that in a high end pc with a good video card. But I was hoping that was the reason the pics look like that. I do know on my pc the game looks a lot better than a lot of pictures i have seen of it - but that is all I have is just the basegame and the updates so far.

ETA - You do know those 2013 screenies were from the first version of Sims 4 - the online one with the first game engine - and not the present game engine with the offline version - right? PK even said that in his interview with modthesims.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    I believe the chipmunk isn't really that detailed overall but how bad it looks seems to depend on your computer. I saw a pic of a pretty normal one and then another pic of one that looked slightly deformed.
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
  • Options
    yunagarnet wrote: »
    I believe the chipmunk isn't really that detailed overall but how bad it looks seems to depend on your computer. I saw a pic of a pretty normal one and then another pic of one that looked slightly deformed.

That's what I am hoping - it was just a low grade pc. I never have a low grade pc as my hubby is a pc tech and it would make him crazy to see a game or anything on any pc in this house look like that. Thank goodness for that. So I am lucky as far as most of my pcs go 99 percent of the time. But if something looks that bad on my pc in game - I would not be a happy camper. But over all I know the world looks good for this art style. I am curious about the GP, but unfortunately can't get the GP yet. My hubby broke his hip a couple weeks ago - so no income yet from insurance - so must wait.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    AurievaAurieva Posts: 83 Member
    I really like the Sims 4 art style. I wasn't completely sold on it when I first saw the trailers but having played it I have to say I vastly prefer it. It's interesting to see much of the results of the poll agree with me, I thought I'd be alone in this.
    - Auri

My TS4 Teen Runaway Challenge:
    Prologue
    Chapter 1
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited January 2015
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

You could be right about that - I know he likes Pixar and even Disney looking animated creatures. He has mentioned it in interviews that he is a fan of pixar - which actually these worlds remind me of - but yes from the pictures I have seen of the GP - that "creature" definitely looks like a frankenstein version of what a chip munk should look like and definitely not pixar.

ETA - I don't have the GP myself - so I can't say if it was perhaps a low grade pc maybe or bad picture or if it actually looks like that in a high end pc with a good video card. But I was hoping that was the reason the pics look like that. I do know on my pc the game looks a lot better than a lot of pictures i have seen of it - but that is all I have is just the basegame and the updates so far.

ETA - You do know those 2013 screenies were from the first version of Sims 4 - the online one with the first game engine - and not the present game engine with the offline version - right? PK even said that in his interview with modthesims.

From This thread

22hijn.jpg
    2w1wi9v.jpg
    He has a acorn in his mouth but the quality that it doesn't even look like that.
    eupsnd.jpg

It's not from a low grade pc or bad pictures. Everyone's squirrels look like this. EA just didn't bother because your sims aren't going to interact with them, to me it feel like a bad excuse. Details matter but what do I expect from people that make grass that looks like spilled paint. The trees also look like bad quality for a 2014 release :( It's sad to see this.

The squirrel has a broke looking tale or as I called it, Pikachu.
    Post edited by 06Bon06 on
  • Options
    GoldpuffleGoldpuffle Posts: 1,872 Member

I hope that when we get those kind of animations, the sims can brush their hair :D

5b18fe60-d543-4d5b-9495-04ab8ed8755a.gif

That would be so Cool! Those animations that are so small put so much detail in my eyes!
  • Options
    Because Will Wright wanted the sims as Charactures of people and not real people - I highly doubt they will ever be realistic as he wanted the world sort of fantasy - imagination kind of thing - surreal in other words and I am not positive but I believe that was also in the agreement of things he did not want changed in the game.
    With all due respect but I don't care what Will Wright wanted. What he once wanted when he created Sims 1 and what he wants now are completely different things. Just take a look at that:
    http://venturebeat.com/2011/11/16/will-wright-hivemind/
    This space is for rent.
  • Options

Oh my... :-1:

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    GoldpuffleGoldpuffle Posts: 1,872 Member

Wow! You are talking to an American! 🐸🐸🐸🐸? Have you ever heard of The Forum Challenge? I would take up on that!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    06Bon06 wrote: »

From This thread

22hijn.jpg
    2w1wi9v.jpg
    He has a acorn in his mouth but the quality that it doesn't even look like that.
    [img[http://i61.tinypic.com/eupsnd.jpg[/img]

It's not from a low grade pc or bad pictures. Everyone's squirrels look like this. EA just didn't bother because your sims aren't going to interact with them, to me it feel like a bad excuse. Details matter but what do I expect from people that make grass that looks like spilled paint. The trees also look like bad quality for a 2014 release :( It's sad to see this.

The squirrel has a broke looking tale or as I called it, Pikachu.

That is actually a chipmunk - not a squirrel. The stripes on the back tell you that. But the second picture looks better than the first - still the both look washed out. I know in the world itself nothing looks washed out - in fact the world almost looks too colorful at times - so that is why I assumed a lower end video card at least. As soon as I have 20 bucks to swear I will then be able to actually see if it is the pack or the pictures - as i would not expect it will be that faded looking in my game as nothing else is. I do know it can look like that on onboard video - as the whole game sort of looks like that on one of my family members laptops and she has onboard video - which it supposedly is a good video - and the laptop was not cheap - but still onboard video is never as good as separate video cards from my experience.

At least it is cheap enough once I have the money to at least compare - seeing I actually like Camping in Sims 2 (did not like it in Sims 3 though). But thank you for showing the other picture and the info. Much appreciated.

As for the Sims 5 art style - well we have 5 years to worry about it and not really something I give much thought to seeing technology wise that can be a lifetime of new way in 5 years. Technology can suddenly grow in leaps and bounds by then.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

Wow! You are talking to an American! 🐸🐸🐸🐸? Have you ever heard of The Forum Challenge? I would take up on that!

No actually that is the Board of censors way - that combine all the censored stuff from around the world when a game is allowed around the world. But I do agree the censors seem very extreme on somethings and others not at all. Like I do not like gore in any form but for some reason they seem to think it is better than showing someone smoking a cigarette. It is like huh? They are purely skewered. You think that is bad - look at the list of Classics books that get censored out of schools every year. They seriously do not follow the way the average American thinks - believe me. I do say average American and not any of the over the top for Causes types. But please do not judge us all by what things like censors do.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    @06bon06 I was hoping you were wrong, so I did some research and this what I found :disappointed:
    go to 3:02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrDv8728d2E
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Options
    dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    I would like more color choices. The games color choices are too few.
  • Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    Wow. That chipmunk is really disgusting.

They tried too hard to cater to low-end machines and the whole product suffers. I don't believe it has anything to do with stability of the game. The Sims 3's animals are so much better looking. This is probably another way of cutting corners and maximizing profits.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I'd love to take them all.... smash them in a pile, roll them in some fun, squish out a few bugs, beat a few hardships into it and mash it into the new Game: The Sims 5~ The Universe!