Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think about school?

ยซ1
YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
Well, I go to school and there is actually the situation that I hate it :(

But of this reason I want to know how school was (or is) for you. Have you a favourite subject or anything else? Please feel free and write about that :D
c6fj8ujnodut.png

Comments

• Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I hated school! I think I was in the principal's office more than the principal! :lol:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    DraegastDraegast Posts: 5 New Member
    I am older, school was rough for me but looking back it was truly a carefree and great time, you may be stressed about that homework or bully. But it's nothing compared to the adult world. Enjoy it while it lasts!
  • Options
    @5782341b77vl have you got so often in trouble with your teachers? :)

Well, one thing why I hate school is my math teacher, he really can't explain the things like geometry (Hope i spell it right :D) so I can understand :(
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Terrible. Absolutely terrible.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I miss it. The adult world sucks, school is so much easier than work.

I hate our school system, it's so flawed it's ridiculous, but so is the adult world. Of course that is partly the fault of our schools imo, as they don't set us up to make it in the adult world. They don't even set us up for post secondary anymore so that we can do something better with our lives. I had way more classmates than not that had to retake courses to get a post secondary education. Because dumb things happen like English teachers mark you based on whether you share their opinion or not, not what your skill level is. I went from an overworked high school student failing English despite nearly killing myself to pass, to a slacker earning an A from a very strict English program from a post secondary institute, because of how both marked. One opinion, the other based on how well you understand the language. And the teachers they hire, some are fantastic, some are awful... a lot are awful.

Of course there was all the drama from the other students. I was bullied a fair bit for my first few years in school, then still a bit until high school. In high school it was all the drama though, kids crying because the teacher failed them, getting mad at other girls for talking to their "boyfriend" (who doesn't actually know they exist), fights over god only knows what. It was ridiculous.

Yet I've learned a lot of workplaces are hardly any better than high schools (some are worse even), and there's a lot more that will annoy you about them. So as much as I didn't enjoy much of my school experience I do miss it a lot. And despite the bad, there were a lot of good times too.

And that is my essay on school. XD

• Options
    Yes, maybe you are right @dreamerz13 I still hate school, but I see the good thinks in there, too. One is tha I have my friends there :D
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I didn't like school. I was so awkward and shy that I was an easy target for bullies. I used to hide in the music dept and learn new pieces. The music dept was my sanctuary :)

I kinda miss school now though! Strange, huh?
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Well, I was bullied in school and had terrbile grades cause of that but I still think school time was easier than the adult life. Being young is amazing!
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Skipping school to eat pizza or preorder pokemon pearl was my favourite subject
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I hate it. Mostly because the town i'm in sucks.

Can't wait to graduate and get out of this rat hole.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    I never really liked school. I think I was always kind of childish for my age, and gullible and shy. So, I didn't have any friends there. All my friends were outside school and a bit younger than me. I think I was also bullied a bit. I remember a couple of times it felt bad, but generally I don't really remember it being too bad. It wasn't the reason I didn't like school. The reason I didn't like it was that it was boring, and I would've rather just stayed home and played with my barbies :) I spent most of the classes just day dreaming and drawing on any paper I had at hand. I never really studied. I got ok grades, though (here we have grades between 4-10, where 4=F and 10=A), my grades were always around 8. Some even 9 and some 7 (English was always 10). So, I think I could have done much better if I'd actually listened and studied and done my homework!

I don't really miss school. Or being a teen. It was fun, when you didn't really have any of the adult responsibilities, but when I was 20 something and living with my husband (then actually still a boyfriend), I finally realized how great all that freedom was. And my self esteem was so much better. And when I finally got into university to study something I was actually interested in, that was really great too. And I actually did a lot better than you would expect from my grades back at school.

So, to the OP, all I can say is just try to get through it. It gets better :)
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited January 2015
    I graduated high school in June 2014. Unfortunately I was in the hospital for those last two weeks. Never in my entire life have I ever wanted to get out of that bed and go to the school, and say goodbye to everyone one last time. I did walk during graduation, but only saw one or two people I was friends with.

And now today, I wish I was a sophomore again. I miss high school! In the moment, I hated it. But looking back on it, it's just a memory - a good memory.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    @5782341b77vl have you got so often in trouble with your teachers? :)

Well, one thing why I hate school is my math teacher, he really can't explain the things like geometry (Hope i spell it right :D) so I can understand :(

Oh, yes - you better believe it. :wink:

My hatrid for I guess came from my 2nd grade teacher - she was the type that would hand test papers out all at the same time, then take them up at the same time. If your test wasn't finished, she didn't bother grading the part you did - ZERO - FAIL however your school does the grading. She said that had been her way for years, and I couldn't help but wonder how many kids failed her class.

NOW, I have a learning disability, and I have a hard time with (what some would've considered simple) everyday tasks and problems. I usually have to read something 4 or 5 times before I understand it. This means it took me longer to finish the tests. All of my classmates have finished and I'm stuck on question 6 of a 10 question test (as example). This means I got alot of zero's in class!

I also have a memory problem, but this event has been permanently branded into my brain! One day, she pulled me over for a private conversation and said to me " Why do you even bother trying, you're just going to fail." Let me remind you - She is a second grade teacher and I'm a second grade student! A TEACHER is telling a 2ND GRADE STUDENT to quit trying!! Is that something you'd want your child to be told from a teacher? I went home in tears and told mom and dad to not even bother taking me to school tomorrow...or ever. When they asked why, I told them what I was told. Needless to say, they were outraged - especially dad, who is a Marine and didn't believe in quitting!

The very day my parents went with me to the school - the principal's office to be exact. My memory is abit fuzzy bit when the teacher was ORDERED to grade the (10 question) test of the 6 I was able to answer, I got 4 correct. I don't know what happened to my teacher, but like I said, my memory is fuzzy so if mom or dad told me, I've long since forgotten since I'm 37 now.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I slacked off a lot and for some reason had creeps try to get to close to me :|

Other than that high school was meh, middle school seemed a lot crazier.
  • Options
    Simsplayer261988Simsplayer261988 Posts: 129 Member
    School isnt fun but is needed, i left school 10 years ago thankfully lol
    [img][/img]yCJ4hgM.gif
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    I was bullied a lot in middle school. I was called a ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ by one girl because she claimed I stole her boyfriend. In reality, I didn't steal him I wasn't even interested in him because he was trouble. He actually got expelled in the last week of 8th grade lol.

High school sucked too. I was in and out of the hospital from freshman year though sophomore year. I was in the hospital again my senior year. I missed out on a lot of fun school events like prom and homecoming because of that. And I didn't really have an opportunity to make any friends until my junior year. I would go back to high school if I could.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    School is decent these days, so Junior year of High School here.

This year seems more lax than previous years, though it really does feel like i'm not really learning anything, granted still learned some new tricks to stuff into sleaves this year, it still kinda worries me. Now i have a future to think about, I have Senior year of High School to think about, then there's college, and careers to boot.

My mind feels as though its being thrown out into a wild jungle trying to find myself with a fallen branch in one hand, and my mind trying to comprehend it all at the same time. I feel as though the world is like one big Race track, life just flying by so fast I can barely understand what will happen next or what is even happening at that very moment.. ..Computers are nice, which is nice cause i'm taking classes in Computer Science, should probably keep practicing at it if I ever really want to see myself messing around with em' in the future.

Other wise, Computer Tech, English 3, American History, and some times Computer Science, are [From my experience] lax classes to me. Oh also school that sells Coffee, teas and Hot Cocoa is always good to have lying around, because Its 40 - 50 or so Degrees out and I can't stand the cold.. :s
  • Options
    AurievaAurieva Posts: 83 Member
    I miss the lack of responsibilities, the things I used to get away with, and yet still I thought I had it so bad having to do the dishes once a week! I'd think I'd appreciate it now if I went back to school, with all I know now, the thought of being able to shirk all of my responsibilities and having to pay my way etc.

That said, hindsight is all it is though. In hindsight i'd enjoy it, in hindsight I'd do my homework and get the best grades and not have to worry about muddying my way through life now trying to make up for the mistakes I've made now. But I know that school was horrible in places, and the time I spent having fun and goofing around were some of my fondest memories from school. I'd have none if I actually was an upstanding student LOL. I miss the few friends I had, but we're different people now and I have new friends and a new life I kind of like now :).

School is hard, but hang in there. It gets better and life changes so much more than you think it will. Enjoy it while you can (if you can) :)
    - Auri

My TS4 Teen Runaway Challenge:
    Prologue
    Chapter 1
  • Options
    Well, I'm only glad that its weekend :) #TGIF
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I'm in university and I like it for the structure it gives me without being as rigid and confined as high school was.

I still can't wait to get into the workforce and not have to study, though.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'm in university and I like it for the structure it gives me without being as rigid and confined as high school was.

True. I came from a Catholic school, and it's a lot more narrow-minded than the general atmosphere in my university. Funnily enough, my university is also Catholic, but it's run by Jesuits, who are decidedly more of the open-minded variety (at least in my experience).

I actually didn't have a lot of problems in school. I had a small group of friends (with whom I've drifted apart since), I got good grades, and I graduated as one of the top students in my high school. I was stressed out at times due to tons of projects and homework, but even those look small when compared to college (since a lot of tasks in high school are just fluff, like drawing a family tree or whatever).

I suppose the biggest problem I had was this ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ who became my teacher for two years (some unlucky people had her for three because she taught different grades each year). Power-tripping, manipulative, and emotionally abusive. I became more wary of adults because of her.

Also, math is one of my favorite subjects. :P I actually picked calculus as an elective when I was a senior. Didn't really struggle with it, even in college. My geometry teacher in high school was actually fantastic, although there were some math teachers who couldn't really explain well, with how some of my classmates got puzzled looks from the words "parabola" or "salient points".

I have fond memories of my time in school, but I don't really miss it. I miss college more, even though I only graduated last 2014. It had a more profound impact on me, and I prefer the environment. I plan on teaching there one day once I get an MS degree in the US, but that's for another day. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I hated it, Enough said.
  • Options
    AimiexoxoAimiexoxo Posts: 396 Member
    I'm 18, and I don't want to sound like your average bullied teenage girl but that is literally how it was for me since I was 6 to at least 14. I was a very chubby little girl and for some strange reason, I just kept putting on more and more weight throughout the school years so the bullying got worse. And I don't mean just the odd name calling, I mean violence and threats towards my dog and even my mother. When I was about to turn 13, my Dad decided it was too much for the whole family to handle and he took me out of the school and I got home tutored from there to now. I'm currently unemployed and I never went to college. I'm kind of behind with my education, but I'm not completely stupid. I know common sense, and what's right from wrong and that'll help me get by for now. I'll be okay. :)
    Hello! I'm new to creating Sims and Houses but I do my best. I like them simple and without the use of CC, but I may add SOME CC like hair and make-up only! If you want to check it out, my origin Username is Aimiec1233, thank you.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    For me, school was frankly awful.

However IMO, education is probably the most important thing there is in our lives, shame that formal education systems seem to almost work against you getting one.

Higher education is, mostly, way better than school. No need to dash there straight after school either. I went to Uni later in life and I thought I got lot more out of it once I had a bit of life behind me.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    Well, I go to school and there is actually the situation that I hate it :(

But of this reason I want to know how school was (or is) for you. Have you a favourite subject or anything else? Please feel free and write about that :D

It's really horrible for me. Really has been since I was in kindergarten. Judging, bullying, yeah... of all of that.

But onto happy stuff, my favorite subject is History!!! :)