Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers make their return - the Sims 4 cure all?

Comments

• Options
    WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    The presence of toddlers would at least help. I just can't play the sims 4 without them. I would still hate the object babyes, and the young-adult-that-go-to-school called "teens", but I would at least consider play the sims 4.

The gameplay would still be shallow, the artstyle not of my taste, the world a prison behind load screens, the emotions just exaggerated, cartoonish, mostly cringy (for me) moodlets, the humor of bad taste and unfunny (always for me), and the lack of CASt and colour wheel and cars a sore spot.
    But at least I would consider play the game sometime. As it is now, the sims 4 is unplayable for me, too annoyng for a generational family player like me.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    While the return of toddlers would help somewhat, no, it is not the one thing that will fix the game for me. I have tried since the game came out to love it as much as the other iterations, but the fact is, though I love some things about it, as a whole it feels more shallow to me, I love Sims 2 and Sims 3, I merely like Sims 4. Maybe in time with other expansions added that will change, but it really shouldn't require other expansions to make that change.
  • Options
    MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I honestly think when we get toddlers (if), people were realizing that Toddlers were not what is destroying the game. People are blinded by no toddlers to even realize the other bad parts of the game. Most of them think when toddlers come it will completely fix the game, which isnt true

Hmmm...
    Most of them really :no_mouth:
    That's your assumption.
    And opintion of course.
    I disagree.
    I can see perfectly and so can other simmers ;)
    Lack of toddlers ain't what's destroying this game.
    That's kind of rude. People are not plum and can see clearly.
    What's this most of them think it will fix this game if they would add toddlers?
    Another assumption I guess.
    Your forgetting that a large amount of simmers don't even care about toddlers and still hate the games direction.
    The games destroyed itself with all the cuts in other areas as much as family play or life stages, like
    No
    Story progression,
    Open world, create a world, create a style, lack of build mode tools,game tools and options.
    Animation cuts, lack of new game changing gameplay.

The list goes on and on and toddlers were only one area of players.

This game can't be fixed, only improved as far as I'm concerned.

All the new parts of the game are tiny improments compared to the past games.

The Sims 2 was a huge sequel conpaired to the Sims 1, especially with the Sims themselves.
    The Sims 3 was even bigger and a huge updated with open world,story progression and create a style and create a world

But with the Sims 4 all we got was

Grab and pull option in CAS with less tools and options
    Improved build mode but with huge cuts with past tools and options gone completely
    Tiny hoods without even a map view we can edit.

They cut that much out of the base game that all the new ideas tho some are brilliant were bare bones conpaired to the other sequels.

They might as well as just called it the Sims 1 remake

I mean they even took out house phones, carpooling and newspapers, house alarms and all those NPC's we still don't have like,

Social worker
    Police
    Fireman
    Repoman
    Robbers
    School headmaster

Tho I do appreciate the ones they added back apart from the ones in dine out :(
    That's a slap in the face in itself.

Okay, first, I said most just as a way to talk about some of the people, oops sorry I used most instead of some or a small percentage or a large percentage, big woop, if you know it doesn't apply to you then don't worry about it. I shouldn't have to carefully select all of my words because SOME people get offended and miss the point just because someone said most. Technically you saying that I am wrong for saying most is you saying that most are not, which is just as bad of an assumption
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    The days go by, and there is yet to be a yes or no on their inclusion within TS4. I deeply want to see the pudgy faces of Toddlers again, they were horrible, but adorable to have around in TS3.

I will wait, however. On an answer to my future as a family player. :o
  • Options
    pigloverpiglover Posts: 1 New Member
    I love toddlers and would love to have them along with story progression even if that means I have to buy a generations type expansion (this probably would be the only one I buy). Toddlers were my favorite life stage as they need help but aren't useless and basically in a crib all day or very independent. I could even deal with their emotions. My only worry is they wouldn't be done right. As for all the other issues with the game, I can deal with loading screens as they aren't that bad and cc can help with the lack of base game objects.
  • Options
    BrattonMattonBrattonMatton Posts: 896 Member
    I honestly think when we get toddlers (if), people were realizing that Toddlers were not what is destroying the game.
    People are blinded by no toddlers to even realize the other bad parts of the game.
    Most of them think when toddlers come it will completely fix the game, which isnt true

Sadly toddlers won't fix half of this game but the curse of the complaints will be lifted for heaven sakes. By the way, that's not true. We know the other issues of the game, but toddlers are the main priority on our top list. :/
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited July 2016
    [qwor="MinecraftdSimmer;15031913"]
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I honestly think when we get toddlers (if), people were realizing that Toddlers were not what is destroying the game. People are blinded by no toddlers to even realize the other bad parts of the game. Most of them think when toddlers come it will completely fix the game, which isnt true

Hmmm...
    Most of them really :no_mouth:
    That's your assumption.
    And opintion of course.
    I disagree.
    I can see perfectly and so can other simmers ;)
    Lack of toddlers ain't what's destroying this game.
    That's kind of rude. People are not plum and can see clearly.
    What's this most of them think it will fix this game if they would add toddlers?
    Another assumption I guess.
    Your forgetting that a large amount of simmers don't even care about toddlers and still hate the games direction.
    The games destroyed itself with all the cuts in other areas as much as family play or life stages, like
    No
    Story progression,
    Open world, create a world, create a style, lack of build mode tools,game tools and options.
    Animation cuts, lack of new game changing gameplay.

The list goes on and on and toddlers were only one area of players.

This game can't be fixed, only improved as far as I'm concerned.

All the new parts of the game are tiny improments compared to the past games.

The Sims 2 was a huge sequel conpaired to the Sims 1, especially with the Sims themselves.
    The Sims 3 was even bigger and a huge updated with open world,story progression and create a style and create a world

But with the Sims 4 all we got was

Grab and pull option in CAS with less tools and options
    Improved build mode but with huge cuts with past tools and options gone completely
    Tiny hoods without even a map view we can edit.

They cut that much out of the base game that all the new ideas tho some are brilliant were bare bones conpaired to the other sequels.

They might as well as just called it the Sims 1 remake

I mean they even took out house phones, carpooling and newspapers, house alarms and all those NPC's we still don't have like,

Social worker
    Police
    Fireman
    Repoman
    Robbers
    School headmaster

Tho I do appreciate the ones they added back apart from the ones in dine out :(
    That's a slap in the face in itself.

Okay, first, I said most just as a way to talk about some of the people, oops sorry I used most instead of some or a small percentage or a large percentage, big woop, if you know it doesn't apply to you then don't worry about it. I shouldn't have to carefully select all of my words because SOME people get offended and miss the point just because someone said most. Technically you saying that I am wrong for saying most is you saying that most are not, which is just as bad of an assumption[/quote]

I'm not offended by it lol!
    I would suggest you stick with some instead of most ;)
    That's only one word.
    You made assumptions and I just pointed them out.
    Sorry.
    Now if you had said some instead of most I wouldn't have disagreed with you to begin with!
    And of course I found it a little annoying with people are blinded.
    But I still find these simply your assumptions and opinion.

Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    For me, If toddlers were added in the game and done right I would explore family play..Something I haven't dabbled in since sims 2. Obviously the life stages in their current state aren't done well to the say the least but toddlers could possibly save that to some extent. As long as it continues to stay as it is the other life stages will be invisible to me.
  • Options
    Jerrello wrote: »
    For me, If toddlers were added in the game and done right I would explore family play..Something I haven't dabbled in since sims 2. Obviously the life stages in their current state aren't done well to the say the least but toddlers could possibly save that to some extent. As long as it continues to stay as it is the other life stages will be invisible to me.

I'm not bothering with the Sims 4 until they do what's right.
  • Options
    dannysage123dannysage123 Posts: 81 Member
    I think toddlers would make the game a lot better, missing out that life stage was a mistake from the start. I really like the game but it needs fixing and I'm not just talking about adding toddlers in - we have gone without toddlers for so long if they added them in now as a free update it was defiantly make the game a bit better for me to play.
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    The lack of toddlers doesn't bother me in the least. They're useless.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    The lack of toddlers doesn't bother me in the least. They're useless.

It appears your garbage is my treasure. Two different views are not uncommon, and that is what I love. Toddlers are the Life Stage between Baby and Child, a stage where learning is basic skills is crucial. I find their absence disheartening, but I'm glad I got to meet a lot of people who care. :heart:
    Post edited by Tarruvi on
  • Options
    Jerrello wrote: »

I agree if added and done properly!
    My biggest problem with this game is because it ain't just toddlers they messed up.

What they did to newborns, teens and family play and the NPC's made it even worse.

To me I lost toddlers and proper newborns and teens. So 3 life stages.
    I've been a fan buying every bit of content available for over 11 years now and expect sequels to be improved after the success of the other games development.

4 sometime feels like it ain't even part of the series. I want to change how I feel about it.

I just want toddlers, and improved teens with fully fledged life stages and family play and of course the still missing NPC's and will will improve one of my styles of gameplay I feel is missing like yours!

• Options
    simmersgalsimmersgal Posts: 3 New Member
    :s why no toddlers. Not alot of us have the sims 3 or sims 2 so we have to deal with no toddlers. Why cant EA just make them. People r leaving sims 4 at least a day at a time.

There r rumours that we may be getting toddlers in November 2016. But in an expansion pack
  • Options
    simmersgal wrote: »
    :s why no toddlers. Not alot of us have the sims 3 or sims 2 so we have to deal with no toddlers. Why cant EA just make them. People r leaving sims 4 at least a day at a time.

There r rumours that we may be getting toddlers in November 2016. But in an expansion pack

I feel like we are getting toddlers.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

I feel like we are too. :P
    Post edited by Tarruvi on
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    If your arguement is 'Does your game really hinge on having toddlers' well the simple answer to that is, Yes! I play Sims for the family aspect and it ruins the whole dynamic when newly wed sim couples have a baby and in a few short days it's a child, it's like their life has just flashed by, next they're teens and moving out. Toddlers are a massive stage of life, for both the child and the parents. I'm at the point where I've turned aging off and am completely leaving couples with babies till Sims 4 comes out with toddlers in an update or pack. I'm not the type to get angry because they've left out this and that which was available in the other sims basegames, but it DOES matter when it hinders me playing the game because of it. As a life simulator, getting ages such as toddlers and pre-teens, and putting effort in that should be central to the game, instead of creating packs we didn't need, such as kids stuff, patio stuff, kitchen stuff etc. Fair enough to bring those packs out, but after you've got the basics down at least! The whole sim fanbase noticed that EA was being lazy by leaving out not only toddlers but making teens exactly the same as adults, at this point it pretty much goes Baby - child - adult, which is ridiculous! They've had two years in which they could be making up for the effort they didn't put into the basegame by making pre-teens and toddlers, but instead they gave us romantic garden stuff.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited September 2016
    About the open world, I would like to have that too, but I know that not having the open world is the price we pay for the gorgeous nature in Sims 4 and faster games that run on any computer, It was the reason I bought the game, after playing sims 3 and 2, the scenery is absolutely gorgeous and lots don't look square but blend in with the surroundings. Though I think it would be better and possible if we had something of a more semi-open world where you can visit houses in your section of the neighbourhood without a loading screen. However, Toddlers and Pre-teens are definately possible with enough work, it's pure laziness that they weren't added in, and therefore there is no excuse.
    Post edited by dreamprisoner on
  • Options
    HappyFuzzyKittyHappyFuzzyKitty Posts: 452 Member
    They just need to make a Sims 5 based on what people want. Toddlers, open world, non-object babies, family trees, etc. I enjoy playing the Sims 4, but when I go back and play the Sims 3 I realize how much it's lacking. If I could transfer a few Sims 4 features over to the Sims 3, including the Sims' looks (most graphics, some I don't like), then it would be near perfect. Perfect would be all of the expansion packs also crammed in there, with no lag. But that's just impossible.
    I am waiting in earnest for the Sims 5 release. But that's going to take a while, considering the mass of expansion packs they made for the Sims 3. They're probably going to make about as many for the Sims 4, so I have a while to wait.
    Hi. I'm Happy.
  • Options
    HappyFuzzyKittyHappyFuzzyKitty Posts: 452 Member
    And not as many loading screens. That is plain annoying. I liked in the Sims 3 where it had bigger worlds, you could drive, and there weren't those deceitful houses in the background that you wish you could visit. It makes everything seem so... small.
    Hi. I'm Happy.
  • Options
    mauvejinjomauvejinjo Posts: 126 Member

The ideal would be taking the best aspects of Sims 1-4 and blending them into something familiar yet new, however as there are a countless number of simmers, there would also be countless opinions on just what exactly are the best "NEED" aspects of each game.
    When the TS5 comes out, we will all be dreaming and hoping of better improvements to come in TS6, and so on.

The only "cure-all" in my opinion for TS4 is to make it the best TS4 possible. Ask yourself "what IS TS4?" This includes fixing issues and fleshing out gameplay that we already have. Adding more emotion-based interactions, putting an end to the unnecessary culling of relationships, etc. Once toddlers come (just like seasons, or magic, or pets, or time traveling zombies) they will be introduced into a game that is already a gem to play. It would be like adding an extra chapter to an already great book; you don't buy the book for the chapter, and that chapter alone won't save shoddy writing.
  • Options
    mauvejinjo wrote: »
    The ideal would be taking the best aspects of Sims 1-4 and blending them into something familiar yet new, however as there are a countless number of simmers, there would also be countless opinions on just what exactly are the best "NEED" aspects of each game.
    When the TS5 comes out, we will all be dreaming and hoping of better improvements to come in TS6, and so on.

The only "cure-all" in my opinion for TS4 is to make it the best TS4 possible. Ask yourself "what IS TS4?" This includes fixing issues and fleshing out gameplay that we already have. Adding more emotion-based interactions, putting an end to the unnecessary culling of relationships, etc. Once toddlers come (just like seasons, or magic, or pets, or time traveling zombies) they will be introduced into a game that is already a gem to play. It would be like adding an extra chapter to an already great book; you don't buy the book for the chapter, and that chapter alone won't save shoddy writing.

You are absolutely right! The Sims 4 should be it's own game, with things added to make it more and more The Sims 4 as possible! The past games had their chance in the spotlight, let 4 have it's turn. :smile:
  • Options
    OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    edited August 2016
    @amgamgee they were removed in sims 3? wut?
  • Options
    ArourraheroineArourraheroine Posts: 20 Member
    please bring on the toddlers!
  • Options
    Tarruvi wrote: »

I feel like we are too. :P

I feel just the opposite.
    I guess after 2 years with no news I just have up
    I hope they do come tho.
    Just don't want to get excited only to be disappointed I guess