Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers make their return - the Sims 4 cure all?

Comments

• Options
    kitangel1kitangel1 Posts: 200 Member
    I always hated toddlers from the sims3, but not having them in the sims4 made me realize how much I actually missed their presence. As others have stated, it feels super weird to see a child jump out of the bassinet.

I think its time EA focused a bit more on the importance of family and relationships. As it was stated in the thread, there is this sense that sims really only care about themselves rather than the people around them. I hope EA plans on making changes to that soon.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    only if toddlers were like those in the Sims 2 and got in the toilet and stuff.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Toddlers MUST make a return, no and buts or whys about it.
  • Options
    Lauren_Loves_Sims14Lauren_Loves_Sims14 Posts: 8 New Member
    There is probs going to be a toddler expansion pack or something like it could be called "Toddlers and Tiaras" xD Or something like that but if there isn't gonna be one then Sims 4 is the worst Sims ever!
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    The game needs a lot of work so no toddlers won't cure it all especially people who don't care about them like me. I'd prefer something like supernatural over them.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Toddlers would have to be a free upgrade because of all the things they'd affect from the base game up, just like pools and ghosts. And all your expansion packs. That's a lot of programming.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking EA's side here. Toddlers totally should have been put in from the start. Pools don't have emotions and ghosts are mostly the same as the living. But Toddlers will have emotions now, and yeah, that's a lot of programming. For free. It'll take more than boycotting a game you already own to sway them.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    The game needs a lot of work so no toddlers won't cure it all especially people who don't care about them like me. I'd prefer something like supernatural over them.

Supernatral will come anyway!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    LoloLolo Posts: 42 Member
    I find strange play to life without toddlers.
    We deserve an answer.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    edited March 2016
    This is my point of view.
    I do not care about open worlds- they lagged like hell for me. I would appreciate bigger neighborhoods tho (adding 4 lots to Windenburg, Oasis Springs etc...). For me- it's fine. Yes, the loading screens can be annoying, but at least the game does not lag and i can do soemthing.
    About toddlers... MY biggest frustration with the game is simple: the lack of family play and depth. Adding toddlers would be a step in the right direction, but it would not fix everything. Fixing babies (making them not-furniture) and adding pre-teens (since teens are 90% adults) would make them game a lot better. Adding story progression that would make sense (aka. Elza Pancackes and her husband having a BAD reltionship when you start as them, instead of a good one) and basic things like spiral stairs or diagonal stairs would also help a lot. Fix the memory system- make it simmilar to TS2 one. I do not want to scroll across my screenshots just to find a memory. Upon creating a sim, randomize 2 generations before him automatically (that can be customized) and add previous generations to townies like Goths, Calientes and etc. Add more traits, aspirations and careers. All this, exept maybe preteens, SHOULD be free in my opinion.This would fix the game for me complitely. At the moment, it can be lifeless at times, despite the emotion system.
    And it does not matter if some simmers liek toddlers or not. Sims is supposed to be a life simmulation and toddlers are a part of it. As is puberty (which is why I think preteens should be added).
  • Options
    chocischocis Posts: 186 Member
    I agree with the posters that said toddlers should return in TS2 style. I still enjoy playing the game without them though :). To me TS4 doesn't need a cure. Some improvements would be nice- I wish children could play with each other without a playground. Like hide and seek or cops and robbers- I do miss that, it boosted both fun and social need and looked fun. And with people who claim game is unplayable- tots aren't a solution. Like I said, I love TS4, so I don't understand all those issues, but I really didn't like TS3 and there wasn't much any EP, GP or patch could have done. So I get the feeling. After all, games just be played for fun, so no point in sticking with a game you don't enjoy. So yes, I would like to see toddlers if they were cute and eager to learn and I wouldn't recommend the game to someone who strives for open world and hates TS4 just because the toddlers were introduced.
  • Options
    libbi25libbi25 Posts: 3 New Member
    I think toddlers should be added because the babies are just lifeless nothings that stay in one room until they unrealistically grow into children, for those people who don't want them, can maybe just age them up? I feel like a lot of things were missing from the sims 4 and I really believe some of the stuff packs we received are really unnecessary... Just my opinion though!
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Toddlers & Preteens need to be added

I feel like there's a huge gap between Babies, Kids, and Teens ( We got late teens why not Early Teens too )
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    TheCrumpetTheCrumpet Posts: 2 New Member
    In The Sims 3, toddlers were a big part of the game, you were more immersed due to being able to teach them to walk, talk, use the potty and actually bond with the parent(s). It was a part of the game that made you feel like you were actually raising the toddler, not magically popping it out of the crib into a fully grown child.

I also miss them getting advances in their school, and sometimes getting thrown into military school.

Frankly there should be a game or expansion 'pack' that grants access to the toddler stage, I'd be happy to pay for it. But of course with a kindergarten/primary school their parents can attend along with the child. One that can add additional perks that boost a sim's social ability with children, or even a childish type perk the parents can unlock. Plus I think it's really cute how a toddler replies to positive moodlets, a baby's giggle, makes me wanna smile, and I'm a guy for Christ's sake!

There are lots of possibilities where toddlers can be included in. And with EA being a business, more money is always good. Especially with players like us being willing to pay for such content.

P.S. ~ A baby being plucked from a tube with a mechanical arm is a bit disconcerting to say the least, what happened to stirrups and the miracle of child birth?
  • Options
    NetteNette Posts: 205 Member
    [quote="kremesch73;13172874"][quote="CK213;13172843"]
    But my liking this game more doesn't tepend on toddlers, there are about eight more items on my wish list.
    [/quote]

That's basically my point. This issue runs deeper than just having no toddlers. I really don't think adding them will make anyone like or dislike the game any more or less than they already do. It will still be the Sims 4, regardless. It will still be missing several other things.[/quote]

And that is why we need to make the developers aware of what we want. There are several things needed and they all have to be taken into consideration, including toddlers. I myself have always loved toddlers since the sims 2, how you can teach them to walk and become functional sims. It's a family dynamic that's missing now.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited March 2016
    Of course adding Toddlers won't be a cure-all! Once they're there, we'll get one of two kinds of complaint threads:

If Toddlers return unimproved or with only the older-sim-to-Toddler interactions improved: "God! Toddlers still suck in this game! They're still too dependent and limited, and all-around no fun to play! What the Heck EA/Maxis?! You fail at game development and life forever!"

If Toddlers return as improved playable sims with more environmental and social interactions which would actually make them more than glorified digital baby dolls: "Toddlers are too independent now! They don't even need a crib, so they can just go to the potty by themselves! They're all over the place and everywhere because you made them too mobile! They used to be cute and adorable, but now they're horrible! What the Heck EA/Maxis?! You fail at game development and life forever!"

See? Because you can't please everybody. :/

Edited to add: It's just like the Scarecrow sang, You Can't Win.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    allieb312allieb312 Posts: 305 Member
    Rachel said that they were happy without toddlers.
  • Options
    rachluvsdaverachluvsdave Posts: 80 Member
    Here's the thing... If this game was all about family life and all rainbows and unicorns a lot of the sims' community would not be happy. As it is, it is all about the single life and family life is just an afterthought. So, all the people who hate toddlers and are perfectly content with playing single life, the game is great for you. Some of us, however, who are just as big of Sims fans as you are and have been loyal Sims players since the beginning, enjoy playing a game that has direction and isn't flitting from one sim to the next but follows a family through for generations. So, while you would be happy without toddlers... keep in mind that some of us would be happy without everyone in town flirting with their married sims or this sim or that calling at all hours of the night asking to go to the bluffs to party but we can appreciate that that is something that a lot of people do want in their sims game but you know what? It's our turn! Us family lifers deserve a little of the stuff we enjoy in our sims games. And as for the original post, no it will not fix the game completely but toddlers will fill in a gap that needs filled.
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited April 2016
    marcel21 wrote: »

Supernatral will come anyway!

I'll just have to wait and see because they might not add all the same eps again

Here's the thing... If this game was all about family life and all rainbows and unicorns a lot of the sims' community would not be happy. As it is, it is all about the single life and family life is just an afterthought. So, all the people who hate toddlers and are perfectly content with playing single life, the game is great for you. Some of us, however, who are just as big of Sims fans as you are and have been loyal Sims players since the beginning, enjoy playing a game that has direction and isn't flitting from one sim to the next but follows a family through for generations. So, while you would be happy without toddlers... keep in mind that some of us would be happy without everyone in town flirting with their married sims or this sim or that calling at all hours of the night asking to go to the bluffs to party but we can appreciate that that is something that a lot of people do want in their sims game but you know what? It's our turn! Us family lifers deserve a little of the stuff we enjoy in our sims games. And as for the original post, no it will not fix the game completely but toddlers will fill in a gap that needs filled.

Yeah I'm not a family player but the game still isn't great for me and it needs a lot more added before I'm truly satisfied with it. I get bored with the same old stuff over and over. I really hope those toddlers will be good for you guys but I doubt they will live up to all your expectations. I checked that main thread and some of that stuff seems too complicated to add.
  • Options
    debraactsdebraacts Posts: 35 Member
    As someone who has not yet purchased Sims 4, I have found some of what y'all have said interesting. I got started on Sims 3 and found that one of my favorite thing was the toddlers. So much so that I don't really remember what 3 was like before I purchased the Generations pack. And I too enjoy the toddlers so much that I made them for the full 20 days. And one of the things that Sims has that real life doesn't (unfortunately) is a Pause button so even if a toddler was to have the full range of emotions, I could deal with it.

One of the reason that I haven't purchased it yet is that I assumed that anything new is bound to have bugs that will need to be worked out. But reading what all the problems are, perhaps I should reload my 3 and just play them for a while longer?
  • Options
    rachluvsdaverachluvsdave Posts: 80 Member
    @Mizz_Creative48 I agree that some have expectations that are way too high. I personally like Sims 4 better because my experience has been that it runs a lot smoother on my computer and therefore makes the game more enjoyable. I think there's a delicate balance when they put out an expansion or game pack because we are all screaming for more but we will be screaming even louder if the game starts to lag. I don't think the creators of this game are as evil as everyone portrays them and I think those expecting too much from it maybe should spend more time on their regular lives. It is a game and a game can only do so much. I appreciate the fact that they make The Sims 4 playable for a variety of different computers. But the Sims addict in me really wants more content to make my game interesting again and I do agree that a lot of things are lacking for all sides of the Sims community. My discontent, as I said before, is that they have catered enough (for now) to the side that enjoys a single life game and now the family life game needs some attention.
  • Options
    TheSimsMasterTheSimsMaster Posts: 20 New Member
    Toddlers better come back. FOR FREE.The Sims isn't The Sims without the toddlers! Without toddlers, the game isn't worth 60 bucks.
  • Options
    thabookgamerthabookgamer Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't mean to be so negative, but their is TONS of aspects missing to TS4. Toddlers, open world, pets... And EA doesn't really listen to what the people are saying and what we KNOW should be added to the game, they just keep throwing useless DLC at us. I enjoy TS4, but would really enjoy it more if they listened to what we think should be added, instead of adding DLC that doesn't make the game better at all.
  • Options
    thabookgamerthabookgamer Posts: 2 New Member
    Oh, also seasons.
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    Okay, I love The Sims 4. Putting it's missing features aside, it's my favourite game in The Sims series and I'm okay without toddlers - I can survive. But, reintroducing them and adding them into The Sims 4 will make all the difference to me. For me personally that will fix the game because that's the only actual feature from previous games that I miss, and will really impact my gameplay.

Create-a-Style - Don't miss it and never really used it.
    Open World - Don't miss it, it made my game laggy and took ages to get from point A - point B
    Cars - Sure it would be nice, but wont have a lot of function in The Sims 4

My gameplay is focused around families. Legacies, Generations - that's how I play. All of the other missing features don't bug me at all (although I respect that it does to a lot of people). So adding in toddlers to the game will really make it for me, because they're essentially the core of my gameplay and I will be 100% happy with whats in The Sims 4 if/when reintroduced. Of course there are other things from previous Sims games I would like to make it to The Sims 4 in terms of packs (Seaaons, University, Pets etc.) but you can't count them as "missing" features because they have never been base game features.