Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    @TadOlson It can get a bit weird at times...
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    A photoshoot with pose player!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    Good day everyone.
    Watching simpoint ads. A few sets that I own are now on sale. Hope to get enough simpoints to purchase as many of them as I can before they are no longer on sale.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,024 Member
    edited May 2015
    @FoxyLovesKitty Thanks for posting the screenshots. Your sim's love interest looks like a cutey!

@MemoriiValentine I enjoyed reading your story introduction. A good background. Very personal too. Thank you for sharing.

@lovespandas1 Very pretty sims (all three) and even if the twins are evil!

@cwaddell So your sim is joining the Jock group while mine is a Rebel. Fun to see the difference. You took some beautiful screenshots too! I also like the variety of families you have.

Played again in Midnight Hollow. Taya is now a level 8 Rebel. That took some real work to do! Lots of herb eating, drinking herbal teas, playing kicky ball, chatting with other Rebel's, ranting and protesting! :D She's also level 5 (or is it 6?) in her Ghost Hunting career. And she's been getting all kinds of calls and messages from the guys on the online dating site. :# That includes Nathan who was so mean to her at first! He invited her to his house party, attended her protest, and sent her love letters through the mail. Taya hasn't gotten romantically involved with anyone right now, just building friendships, seeing who she clicks with.

First a few this-n-that; then I'll share pictures of Taya's first protest rally.
    Taya has a black dragon she uses to increase her logic skill and to restore hunger and energy at times. Here Diablo the Dragon Summons a Ghost, which temporarily haunts the lot.
    SummonGhost%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Loved this expression on her face!
    SummonGhost%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

Here's a heads-up for all you ghost hunters. See that decorative roof piece? Well, I had three of those things get haunted by poltergeists and Taya had no way of reaching them!
    GableHaunt%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

I had to help her out by doing a Buy on This Lot cheat, turning on MOO, and dragging the piece (along with the ghost) down where Taya could reach it. Then after she exorcised the ghost, I had to reverse that process. What a pain! But if I didn't do it, she wouldn't get paid for clearing the lot. :s
    GableHaunt%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Taya visited her friend, Grimmy the Door Reaper at the graveyard. Made him cringe with a gross video. ;)
    GrossVideo.jpg

Taya collected enough friendly ghosts to do the transfigurification. She really dipped into her funds to set that case up! I had to add another floor to make room for it!
    TransGhost%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

TransGhost%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

TransGhost%252520%2525284%252529.jpg

She got a male elder ghost with some nice traits. French culture. Notice the case is getting ready for another ghost, this time with Kind spirits. I did the second transfigurification later. Another male elder from France with good traits. :smiley:
    TransGhost%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Rebels apparently love to dumpster dive. Yuck!
    DumpDive.jpg

Had a call from Morgan Yates asking for a date. He arranged it for this lovely park. Very nice. He must have known that Taya Loves the Outdoors. And he didn't even bring his mother. :blush:
    MorganDate.jpg

I also spent some time creating more outfits for Taya. With her, I made them a little offbeat. Here are a few that aren't in the other screenshots. The hairstyle for this athletic wear gives her face a really different look. Her Asian background shows up more.
    KickyAthletics.jpg

Queenly formal:
    original.jpg

Outdoor wear with an unusual headdress. :wink:
    original.jpg
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • Options
    Here are some screenshots from Taya's first organized Protest. The rally was about giving up our Masks. Held in front of City Hall. A great turn out: friends, acquaintances, and strangers.
    ProtestMasks%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Notice Nathan Watts has joined Taya's cause. He sure has changed his tune about Taya! :p
    ProtestMasks%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

Taya Leads a Chant.
    ProtestMasks%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

Riles up the Crowd.
    ProtestMasks%252520%2525284%252529.jpg

Gives an Impassioned Speech. See Morgan Yates lending his support behind her? He's a police officer. Always helps to be cozy with someone on the "inside."
    ProtestMasks%252520%2525285%252529.jpg

Taya's rally was a huge success. They hold an after-protest Victory Celebration.
    ProtestMasks%252520%2525288%252529.jpg
  • Options
    @lanlyn I always love to see your gameplay updates. Very impressed that you were able to help Taya with that decorative roof piece. I would not have known what to do myself.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    blazerntq wrote: »
    @lanlyn I always love to see your gameplay updates. Very impressed that you were able to help Taya with that decorative roof piece. I would not have known what to do myself.
    Thank you! It was just by accident I saw how the ghost was attached to the piece. At first, I just saw the ghost floating in front of the house. You have to put all the roof up to see how the piece is being shaken by the ghost. I tried MOO at first to try to grab the ghost, but couldn't. So yes, I did a google search and found the answer. ;) The ghost is attached to that piece. And you have to drag the whole piece down. Apparently this happens a lot in Midnight Hollow. I think these roof pieces are in Dragon Valley too, so it might happen there also. :/
  • Options
    Forgot to mention that when Taya hit level 8 in the Rebel group, she was able to add another Trait. :smiley:
  • Options
    lovespandas1lovespandas1 Posts: 635 Member
    edited May 2015
    @lanlyn Oh thank you! Your sims are lovely!

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @Lanlyn great update,I have never played in Midnight Hollow too gloomy for my Sims :(

Did not play long but Cherri finished maxing on the oven skills,is working on the activity table and tomorrow will have a field trip.She is an "A" student working towards honor roll.My Sim reached level 9 in the acting career and it was from asking for a promotion also asked for a raise and got a 21 dollar an hour raise. :o TY Yumi.Hui Young Kim has been painting like a freak and I cannot manage to level up cause I continue to like and keep all her recent stuff.They are pretty.

Homework with Malcolm Landgraab,Because nothing says appropriate like running around the house in your lingerie in front of children like Hui Young does. :D

Screenshot-1096_zpswryxkzi1.jpg

This is the weird outfit my level 9 actor came home in.Still no celeb at all and almost level 10 so everybody it can be done without celeb.

Screenshot-1098_zpskwqlasax.jpg

Hui Young Kim's ugly painting luckily I could sell this eyesore. :weary:

Screenshot-1101_zpshb7bnqif.jpg

Two paintings I had to keep they are cool.

Screenshot-1102_zpswby8yxqt.jpg

That is all for now did not get to play very long. :sweat:
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Forgot to mention my Sim got a Green orb award in the acting career,now I have that and the Sims Choice award. <3

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @CravenLestat I kinda like the eyesore painting. Congrats on your sims awards.
  • Options
    So after watching simpoint ads I was able to purchase The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft on sale.
  • Options
    @blazerntq WOW that takes a ton of time! And clicking!

Meanwhile, preparing for the wedding at home when a ghost shows up..
    So she faints.
    kalams.jpg
    21opirs.jpg
    Doesn't seem like anybody cares, really.
  • Options
    @Lovespandas1 The reason nobody notices your fainting Sim is because they are dealing with bigger issues,Like your male Sim sitting "THROUGH" the couch.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @Lovespandas1 The reason nobody notices your fainting Sim is because they are dealing with bigger issues,Like your male Sim sitting "THROUGH" the couch.

LOL I noticed that after posting it.. Wondering if anybody actually noticed..
    XD
  • Options
    [img][/img]2yydqp3.jpg
    Don't think dog's necks are supposed to do that...

[img][/img]ws3482.jpg
    Yeah..
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    *goes through handing out some likes* :smile: love this thread.
    I just came off my sims 3 hiatus and decided to get something new, so I made Ellia and her boyfriend, who I can't remember the name of since I made them at three in the morning. fun times...
    Screenshot-2_zpsqdh00xws.jpg
    Screenshot_zpstzepellk.jpg
    Screenshot-3_zps1wwuvlss.jpg
    I wonder how Ellia would feel about competition, especially with something her boyfriend created.
    Screenshot-4_zpshkbzshdq.jpg
    Well he did buy her a nice car, and scooter...and a jetpack maybe she'll be distracted and won't care.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited May 2015
    @lanlyn Love your updates and I didn't know the dragon could summon a ghost! Your Sims must go to a supernatural University :p
    @CravenLestat Colorful painting and Hui Young's lingerie is cute :) My actor had that outfit, I think it's from the politics career. Maybe he's playing a slick pol? :wink:
    @RedDestiny92 Nice start :)

Well, tried the Stasis chamber. Had it since I installed ITF but never found it in buy mode to use...

Screenshot-5061_zpsymjuwsoi.jpg

Is it me or did I just catch Kaydence sucking her thumb? And oh, she does not have the Childish trait.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    Well my wife did it again :o Asked her boss for a raise and got a 28 dollar an hour raise :o but get this, right after she asked for a promotion and he shot her down :( Also Cherri had a birthday and is a teenager now :dizzy: she might turn out to be a really pretty adult after all.

Kinda looks as if she has moms eyes but the nose is still a mystery.Maybe she was cheating on me and it is not my daughter :fearful: Need to take her on the Maury Povitch show and do a paternity test to see if I am the father. :D

Here are a few pics

Family time while mom is sleeping.

Screenshot-1111_zps1eo99ili.jpg

I thought this was great used the Jackie O outfit, I think it is the name,for Hui Young Kim's Formal look and even went with the default color.I think she looks sophisticated in it.By the way she got a celebrity star from an opp to deliver a written book.She is a Fame Leecher

Screenshot-1118_zpsaqtkavyu.jpg

Seriously!! Dude,you are way to old to be trick or treating fool. :#

Screenshot-1109_zpsmabjxat4.jpg

"You are not going to believe this,my daughter is about to become a teen"

Screenshot-1105_zpsqi5a9niy.jpg

My wife is thinking..."It is settled,if she grows up prettier than me I will bury her in the backyard"

Screenshot-1125_zpsll7axv3r.jpg

No I did not pick out the bacon and eggs shirt this is the default ratchet hair and clothes junk they gave me.I do not worry about makeovers till adulthood then she will get a Craven-over.

Screenshot-1129_zpsxtsjh0wz.jpg

That is all for now am going to take a nap.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Oh yeah those eyebrows though? :s Cannot wait till Cherri Reaches adulthood,the first thing I am doing is plucking those persian rugs off her face.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,926 Member
    Oh yeah those eyebrows though? :s Cannot wait till Cherri Reaches adulthood,the first thing I am doing is plucking those persian rugs off her face.

They make her look distinctive and give her face character.
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Meanwhile, preparing for the wedding at home when a ghost shows up..
    So she faints.
    kalams.jpg
    21opirs.jpg
    Doesn't seem like anybody cares, really.

LoL that last picture. You captured it at just the right moment. Hope the wedding goes through without a hitch.

I had a similar situation in a game from long, long ago. The wedding was held in the house of the bride's parents. After the ceremony the mother of the bride died at the dining table. The brother of the groom was a coward so fainted right in front of the buffet table blocking access. Some guests simply stepped around him while others did their foot tapping. It was not a very joyful wedding.

Hope yours goes better. Maybe this fainting now it won't happen during the ceremony.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Just a few things from my game.

First time I've seen an acrobat do the fire ring trick. My sims don't watch the shows too often unless they're in one of the careers.
    SimFest%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Taya is level 8 in ghost hunting. She has a scanner to find ghosts and an upgraded Banisher. Here, she's searching for angry ghosts.
    Scanner.jpg

When she locates them, I've been having her befriend them, talk about how they lived full lives and their loved ones are safe. They can move on. I haven't had any problems with them. I could also use the Banisher to collect them for Science, but I'm giving them a chance.
    AngryGhosts%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

Here's a pic of the poltergeist haunting the rafter as I described before. This ghost came down on its own luckily and started haunting a chair. The other 3 I've had like this never came down.
    RafterHaunting.jpg

Taya is level 9 in the Rebel Group now. I put a barista bar in her kitchen so she could make her own herbal teas which Rebels love. She grows her own herbs too.
    CoffeeBar.jpg

Showing off a new gadget to Viola Yates. It's a Rebel thing. :# (Taya earned me an achievement badge for showing off her new toys.) Both the Yates are Rebels now, as are many in the town!
    Gadget.jpg

Taya's getting swamped with calls from online guys. I should pull her profile offline! After careful inspection, I noticed these guys were lying about their traits. LOL Imagine that! :D A couple are married with families. :/ It's funny to read through their profiles. Their traits change from day to day, and I've been seeing how they match Taya's own traits. Isn't that amazing? HA! :p

This is from Taya's "Door of Life and Death" Grimmy:
    GrimLove%252520%2525282%252529.jpg
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Well, my seven University Sims graduated from college! Four of them moved out (into the homeless bin :P). Two of them married their professors. The other one did celebrity things. They will be moving to Saaquatoq soon.
    There was a pregnant Sim in labor at the Spring Festival :P
    2mn0pu.jpg
    Wyatt caught himself on fire while inventing.
    xeiskw.jpg
    One of the new spouses, Franklin D MacDougal, decided to sit on the rocking chair. The expressions he made made me laugh for a bit! :D
    vi1jys.jpg
    2n22xdj.jpg
    28hmnif.jpg
    dpdede.jpg
    2m287m1.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top