Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Been very busy with work, and have only messed around in an old save file. Probably won’t hear much from me until the week of Thanksgiving when it calms down a bit.
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    Long time no see again. I haven't had much actual playtime, I've just been heavily into building again..

Also, I tried one more time to upload the Fantoft Stave Church (the last version of it). It says succesfully uploaded, but again I'm not seeing it anywhere soo.. I don't know what happens there.

The town I am working on in slowly making progress. I have been thinking about posting, but just.. I had so much fun building stuff, I couldn't pull myself away from it to actually make a forum post. <_<

I have made several new houses since last time, even some deco apartment buildings in Blender that I put in there. They're still not perfect, could do some adjustment on the textures, and for some reason I can't seem to get the sunshadow to look right (they always look to small).

iaDsFlL.jpg
    What the town looks like currently.

XSVZgnB.jpg
    I also made some new tunnel opening objects, to replace the clunky lot tunnel opening I had previously made. Now it's just an object. The roads that go in and out of the tunnles are just dead ends, but.. that road is the towns main connection with the rest of the world. ;)

fcyOUuh.jpg
    I also used the EA road signs as a base to make some new ones. How to stop sims from breaking the speed limit? Increase the speed limit!

NtYz8Gw.jpg
    Minde, the rich neighbourhood on the hillside. The bottom left yellow building is the Minde school.

kzhZir5.jpg
    Slettebakken school and Tveitevatnet dog park.

JMhuCVz.jpg
    Slettebakken area. Sletten senter, a small shopping mall to the bottom right. Slettebakken apartments just behind (the tall greyish white building). Wiers Jenssen apartment buildings to the left. Apartment buildings are only create a world/deco items and not actual apartments. The big version with the red roof and the smaller version based off of the big version with the dark brown roof behind. The reason for having two versions of this building, is because I had some real struggle with the first one, thinking something was wrong with the mesh since it always showed up black in game, only, after several hours of frustration, realizing that it was the specular image that somehow had not been saved correctly (?)....

cdZSeks.jpg
    "Fire in our hearts" football stadium. If it's one thing you don't want to do in this town, it is to publicly bad mouth the local football team! Especially not late on a saturday night by the local sports pub! That's like asking for trouble! ;) The locals are very passionate about their town and their football team...

jDHGX1u.jpg
    Storetveit gas station.

wJrJ2KB.jpg
    View of the valley area that is mostly finished so far from the rich peoples neighbourhood. I may fiddle around some more with the terrain paint here.
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    Page 4411

I have two days off now, but I do have some things I have to do before returning to work. However, I decided just to make some time and get partially caught up on comments. I did find some time to play after work last night, but only in that old Goth (Jones family then, back when I was only on generation 3) save I did makeovers for last year. At that time, I thought I was going to use them for a reboot, but I didn't. Now I'm just using a copy of that save file to goof off in when I don't want to play the saves I share.

@AprilS It has been a fun save.
    Yeah, I enjoy the fairies too. The only problem is they live so long, but at least I can spend some time with them.

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks!
    Nice pictures from your random save.

@Sims4MagicalTales Great update! I'm glad Adam got to meet Adora.

@Nikkei_Simmer Like Haruo can really stop a sneeze, lol. Although, there are a few times I can, but mostly not.
    Sounds like someones getting fed up with school.
    The mushroom is about as big as his face.

@venusdemilosims Thanks! I enjoyed playing them for that throwaway save, and it will be nice to play them in the actual save I'll be doing.

***Will try to do more commenting at some point. I still haven't made it to Halloween posts yet, luckily the thread has been a bit slower lately. Although, I was hoping we could see page 4500 this year, but it's kind of iffy now.
  • Options
    Don’t think I’m doing the future Sunset Valley after all. I’m thinking I might actually do a serious reboot of the old Ava Sinclair storyline I had. I’m creating a new Ava from Belinda Goth from my Goth save. Belinda actually is a good base to work from as she has better features.

I’m trying to flesh out a larger backstory for her so we may actually learn her backstory, maybe from childhood. I’m not sure yet if she’ll end up with the same family as before or not but I’ve got some plans for her. As for the Goth save, it’ll continue as well and will move out of Sunset Valley earlier than I thought. I think I’ll move them to Moonlight Falls whenever things calm down. I decided it’s time, we don’t need to wait until they are at generation 10 to move. After tonight, I’ll be mostly off here until Sunday night after work.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I'm off to rehearsal now. I'll be busy with that until mid December. But I'm still trying to keep up with the videos.

Happy Simming all
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Homeless in Sunset Valley (A Rags to Riches Story) (Chapter Two; Part Two)
    "Fresh Start"

After taking their leave of the party goers who appeared to want to keep the party going until the late hours of the night, River and Haruo cleaned up the buffet table and got it out of the party area. It would be stored until the next time they threw a party which would be in two days time.

Coming home to what was simply put, a mansion but any stretch of the imagination was a jaw-dropping experience. According to the bank their net worth was just a hair’s breadth away from §1M. With a property Haruo picked up near the Falls as well as buying up the park and their home, their real estate holdings (unimproved lots and freehold estate) totaled almost §280,000 of that total. The rest of the valuation came from their liquidable assets such as cash.

Walking through the front door of their home; they finally had a place they could call home and truly it was nearly the equal of the Landgraab home; was still an exhilarating experience.
    lffjdvH.jpg
    But sleep was a lonely proposition as Haruo took the bedroom (unfinished) that was on the third floor and River took the massive finished bedroom which would be theirs once she aged up to young adult.

The fact that they couldn’t really sleep didn’t help matters much. Haruo was up at 3:15 AM cutting tiberium into spires.
    02Y431B.jpg
    Then he went out to milk the cows in the rain. The chickens probably would not have eggs ready to collect until 5AM. By then he would be ready for breakfast leftovers. After coming back inside, he made the decision to head over to Aleister’s to drop off his latest results of his conjuring attempts: two tanzanites, a pair of diamonds, a rainbow gem and two luminescent gemstones all cut into spires which would bring in a significant haul of simoleons.
    1xQwwev.jpg
    River had two more days which meant that she would age up to young adult on Monday. It was debated whether or not she should go to school that day, but the simple fact that she needed to get her grades up meant that she should go to school and at least present her homework. Then they would throw a birthday party for her after-school. Then after that there was no more school unless, of course, she wanted to go to university.
    mS3oZYM.jpg
    After 5AM rolled around, Haruo decided he was going to the grocery store then to Aleister’s as well as search Cemtral Park for seeds. He got about §815.00 for the haul of veggies, eggs and fish he sold.

He managed to find an orange tree seed and a few bean tree seeds of various types so his entire time at the park hadn’t been an entire waste of time. Then he caught a taxi to Aleister’s.
    LAjbIV3.jpg
    The clerk used to be a paparazzi but gave it up when the Sunset Valley PD started cracking down on their illegal activities such as breaking into houses or stalking in order to “get the scoop”. That was just plain creepy. Haruo managed to negotiate a good amount for his gemstones as he was a young adult now and wasn’t about to be taken to the cleaners again.

Maybe he would start adding other cuts and eventually depending on the purity of the cut start dictating his own pricing. And that might probably start increasing the asking price of the gemstones. He wasn’t going to stay an impoverished farmer. He wanted to make sure that he had enough money for his kids when he and River got around to having them.

He decided to jog home from the elixir shop and that took a while.
    CmzpVBp.jpgyV7y7q5.jpg
    River on the other hand had breakfast and then headed back up to do some more painting. She planned to specialize in custom art when she became a young adult so thus she did what she thought was necessary in order to bring that goal to fruition. Currently she was working on an avant-garde piece that was large. It would bring in a tidy 4-figure amount when she finally finished and sold it.
    5dyBCqc.jpg
    Considering the fact their property had two cow-pens and ten chicken coops, they had quite a few eggs and they were able to make cheese consistently. Of course getting 2 milk every twenty six minutes meant that Haruo would have to go out constantly. Perhaps they should look into robotics and start creating nanites so they could eventually get a plumbot to do those onerous tasks such as conjuring without exhaustion or going out every twenty-six minutes to milk the cows. And maybe a third to fish all afternoon before going off to charge themselves. At least that would help matters and free up humans to do what they did best.

What, you ask? Make more of thenselves…what do you think?

(to be continued)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Hotboy420Hotboy420 Posts: 14 New Member
    > @Hotboy420 said:
    > > @Hotboy420 said:
    > > I'm evil, I'm making a new household but I'm making a young adult man (his personality is evil mean spirited inappropriate flirty and athletic) and a child girl (athletic friendly and good) and I have a very dark plot in mind.
    >
    > She's actually coward instead of athletic and he is hot headed instead of athletic

It didn't work right.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I don't have pics because I haven't figured out yet how to overcome the difficulty of screenshots in sims3, but I have Nervous Subject just ahead up to teen, with a lifetime wish to become a master magician and I have no idea how that works.

He also aged up when it looked like he still had days to go so whatever.

His mom Olive has met and is befriending a pretty white unicorn. That's cool I guess.

She's away on the free vacation so he can have a teen party, but he has like 1 teen friend.

I was disappointed that trick or treating glitches out when he was a kid, not sure if they get to do that as teens, but he took a job in the mausoleum because he is a supernatural fan.

I wonder what skills he should ne working on to become a stage magician? Surely not alchemy and conjuring.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    @ignominiusrex
    There are no regular skills needed for the magician career. They just need to practice to improve their performance and perform at locations around town to get to the top of their career.
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    Vincent Ramirez
    z9lUvq.jpg
    z9lt8s.jpg
    z9lN2n.jpg
    z9l6PJ.jpg
    z9lYCj.jpg
    z9ldK0.jpg
    z9lwrV.jpg
    z9l0bT.jpg
    z9loIe.jpg

Ashley has face!
    z9lzdS.jpg

But he only has face when huging Vincent
    z932B6.jpg
    z91YdO.jpg
    z913sx.jpg

Daffodil!
    z93LHf.jpg
    z93XE8.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwwwww
    z9JG1H.jpg
    z9JJcd.jpg
    z9J89e.jpg
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Interactions between two sweethearts when one ages up before the other. Poor River.
    YQzSvtc.jpg
    River: Gee, you're looking kinda snazzy there, sweetheart? (teen River to young adult Haruo (2 days difference in age between them)
    Haruo: Yep...got adult things to do...go visit the realtor and the investment broker.
    it3q3eY.jpg
    River: If you weren't my fiance, I'd think I just got dissed.
    Haruo: You did do your homework, right?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    I should get back to playing The Sims 3 at some point, but I have been busy with art requests, dealing with a scammer and catching up on Miitopia, plus with Pokemon Violet due to arrive next week no Simming for a while
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I realize that never finished my halloween story. XD
    But I recently got attached to Sims 4...It runs so much better than Sims 3.(lag wise)
  • Options
    Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    I've been playing a lot of my Becking legacy. I'm also thinking of maybe doing a sims 4 story.. Just haven't decided what yet. :smile:
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I have basically started doing a rewrite of “The McIrish/Chikamori Legacy. Considering EA App’s screw-up of any downloads of the packs and my failed attempt to get Pets fixed (There isn’t even a download button anymore on Origin - so essentially I’ve pretty much lost $19.99 off an unusable Pets pack,) I will have to write this legacy without Pets or rebuy all my missing packs on CD-Rom.

Just to give you a quick peek.
    While my relationship with my babysitter, her grandson and her son-in-law became tight-knit and loving, my friend’s mother was a whole ‘nother kettle of fish. She would, to put it plainly, be as mean as possible to my friend, punish him for things he didn’t do, accuse him of malingering when it was clear he wasn’t and to do everything possible to make his life a living hell.

And we couldn’t do anything about it because we also needed the roof over our head. His mother was malicious and would more likely than not turn around and kick us to the curb. And we would have no place to go.

That was the problem with not having enough money to support oneself with everything needed. We needed to rely on someone else. And well, Haruo was relying on me to be his friend because I knew he was hurting and he needed me. And I now know that I needed him, just as much as he needed me.

The Prologue is written in River’s POV. But will go into third person POV in the main story.

Plus the fact that I had to remake all my sims pretty much had me have to restart this Legacy from scratch.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Well hey howdy hey my sim friends! :smiley: How are y'all doing? Keeping busy as we enter the Holiday season? ;) It's been quiet on here.

I wanted to announce that I have finished writing my short Christmas story for this year! Woo hoo! 🎉 And I'm ready to rock and roll taking all the pictures in game for it. :blush: I've already started setting things up. I'm getting SO excited to share it with y'all! :mrgreen: Mostly because there are a lot of firsts for me with this story and it's just...well...exciting!

**Story hints/previews coming!** :grin:

As I was setting up a scene in the first Chapter I was looking for some posters to put on the wall and was pleasantly reminded of this awesomeness @jillbg created for me a few years ago featuring my My Little Pony: FIM sims. <3 I'll love it forever!

52494061069_a10f0c5350_c.jpg

I had lots of fun decorating our leading lady's (Malai's) old teenage bedroom. :blush: I threw in a little bit of Christmas decor, of course, and I may make some changes to the space before the debut of the story, but here's how it looks now:

View from the entrance:

52493778906_e1275da50d_c.jpg

To the left:

52494247190_524d2850d4_c.jpg

And the view from the bed:

52493778771_b3cf3a3fc6_c.jpg

Speaking of Malai, I was revisiting her outfits and...since we won't be seeing her in her athletic or swimwear since it's winter, I thought I would offer some eye candy here for the guys. :smirk::p

52493779771_8538759250_c.jpg

52494334423_a756a3cec0_c.jpg

52493296687_14c3b515c8_c.jpg

And now some eye candy for the ladies! :mrgreen:

One of the brothers struck the perfect pose for me - while on pause - and since he was pretty visible in the blurred teaser pic (and since I already showed him to @bekkasan ;) ) I figured I could show him off to y'all before the start of the story. :blush:

Everyone meet Kai. :love:

52493780266_cd1ec6a500_c.jpg

You'll just have to wait and be surprised to see the two other brothers. :p Hee hee! :kissing_heart:

Maplewood Falls (aka Hylewood) doesn't look as pretty in the winter, but it still holds some beauty:

52493295202_bd1acec81f_c.jpg

I was hoping that the leaves wouldn't fall off some of the trees and there would still be a little Fall color, but nope! It's all good. 👍 You can see those pretty leaves on the ground so...

Anyway, I hope y'all are doing well and hope to see more posts on here. <3 Our family has been battling one nasty cold for almost 2 weeks now and it's been kicking all of our butts! :confounded: Daughter brought it home from school and apparently it's blowing up over there...It's not covid, but totally worse than your average cold. Apparently there's been a rise in RSV cases over here in Arkansas and other parts of the south. :grimace: Kinda makes me wonder...

Stay healthy my friends and sim on! :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @emorrill

now I saw the post! Kai looks great, he rocks
    those glasses! I can't find nice glasses so I never let my sim use the game
    ones haha.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    I used to play this guy a few years ago, then he started off as a teen,
    now I'm starting him as a young adult in a new world!

hDmsm5u.jpg

Ty or like @ZhakiraP likes to call him " Mr bath guy" hehe.
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    I always think that ghosts in TS3 are easily being cute
    zkGeC6.jpg
    zkGm8K.jpg
    zkGEU1.jpg
    zkGV4x.jpg

Wuren and Daffodil
    zkGUxS.jpg
    zkGN28.jpg
    zkGwrQ.jpg
    zkGt8f.jpg

I'm creating another ghost to corresponding Daffodil. She also possibility someone's ancestor and have partly true crime reference.
    Daffodil is black and Camellia is white. They even more heart-tormenting than Patrick and Gore
    zkGXse.jpg
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Hey everyone, just stopping in for a bit. Still been a bit busy with work and our extended Black Friday events, although I have had enough time to play random saves in the game. Have not opened the Goth Family save, though, it'll wait until after the holidays. However, I've been debating on what I want to do exactly other than that save. I've got a three part plan of what I'm thinking of doing, but it could change. Of course, the Goth Family save will be a separate timeline from anything else I do and is moving to Moonlight Falls as soon as I get Melonie and Oliver married.

Save 1 - Sunset Valley prequel.

This would take place in the late 50's, or early 60's, depending on how I want to do it. Buster and Bessie would be newlyweds or a bit older, as would Yumi Sekemoto. The Landgraabs, Goths and others would be the parents of Nancy, Gunther, and the other respective children. The Alto's wouldn't come in for a while, and I'd include Ava Sinclair's (the very first Sim I shared here) parents here. This save would just go to the point just prior to a normal Sunset Valley save. This save/story would probably begin to be posted in January when things calm down for me, although I might start a bit on characters tonight since I have time.

Save 2 - Sunset Valley - current in game times

This would be a normal Sunset Valley, maybe with some changes. There is the possibility I don't include certain Sims here, as some Sunset Valley townies I don't care as much about. It'd include the young Bella, Mortimer, the Alto's, and most of the others but I'm thinking people like Gobias and several others might not be included. Ava Sinclair would be at this point, but I'm going to rework her backstory from the previous versions I had. I've also thought about having Emily Jones (probably with a different last name to start with) appear here too, just as a replacement for the townies I don't carry over. Might begin posting this by March or April, whenever the prequel series is close to when I want this save to take place.

Save 3 - Sunset Valley future

This one may or may not be a separate save, because save 2 could just carry on into it. This would have Mortimer and Bella as a couple, and I may include the Caliente's and Don Lothario. No disapperance of Bella though, and I'm not sure on a lot for this save yet.

All of this is subject to change, but save 1 will at least let me reshape Sunset Valley's history the way I want to do it and it could potentially let me set up the lore of Sims 1 and 2, with changes. I've reread some of my old stories, and I realized I'm not terrible with writing stories, although I'm not near as good as a lot of you on here are. However, I hope you all enjoy the story I'm going to try and tell. I'll keep everyone updated on how things are going and hopefully I can give a definitive date for the start of the story.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
  • Options
    I’m thinking that ages of characters will be whatever I decide for the stories. I’ve just got all the deceased Sims I need saved to the bin now. Earlier, I assigned ages to all the original townies but may need to tweak them a bit, because I currently have Gunther at 38 when he has Mortimer. I’d like him to be in his late 20s when Mortimer is born. I don’t think Mortimer is any older than 10 when we start a new Sunset Valley. I think I’ll start with giving ages to the ancestors first, then decide when the kids will be born. I’m not following the game on things so it won’t exactly be the same but it’s the only way I can tell the story without the headache of figuring everything out.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I was gonna come back to Sims 3 for a bit, but I can't get lots to install, my launcher isn't working.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top