Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Starting a christmas story.

Screenshot-236.jpg
    Miss Hannigan stumbled into the kitchen late that evening, after having
    too much nectar as usual. Anna hated her employer...she hated living in a homeless
    shelter...but she had no choice, her family dumped her here many years ago, when
    they couldn't afford to take care of her as child, they left a note stating they would come back
    and pay for her keep, but they never did. In return for a shelter, Miss Hannigan made Anna clean,
    cook and watch over the homeless children.

Miss Hannigan: I hear happiness upstairs!!! Are those girls having fun?!
    Anna: No, they aren't.
    Miss Hannigan: Liar! What's the one thing I've always told you?
    Anna: Never tell a lie.
    Miss Hannigan: Rotten brat! I should have left you on the streets
    where you belong.

Screenshot-238.jpg
    "I'm not going to sit around and let her boss me like that! I'm so fed
    up with her." Anna packed what she could carry, which was very little
    giving the fact that she was homeless. And she went into the cold streets
    of New York City.

Screenshot-239.jpg
    As she wandered the streets, she took in the sights and sounds of
    the city. Never once had she been out and about in New York, as she
    made her way down the sidewalk, she was greeted by a friendly face.

Screenshot-240.jpg
    "What's the matter boy? Are you homeless to?" She bent down and
    gave the dog a gentle pet on the head. "I know things look bleak,
    but they got to get better, they just got to."

Screenshot-242.jpg
    The sun will come out tomorrow bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow they'll be sun
    just thinking about tomorrow, clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow, till there's none.
    When I'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely, I just stick out my chin and grin and say.

Screenshot-243.jpg
    The sun'll come out tomorrow, so you gotta hang on till tomorrow, come what may.
    Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love you Tomorrow. You're only a day away.

Screenshot-245.jpg
    Officer: Hey you! Come here.
    Anna: Yes, officer?
    Officer: That dog there, haven't I seen him running about?
    Anna: No sir, he's my dog.
    Officer: Then what's his name?
    Anna: Uh... Sandy, that's right Sandy, because he's a nice sandy color.
    Officer: Likely story, hey aren't you the girl that's missing from the homeless shelter?
    You're coming with me.

back at the shelter

Screenshot-247.jpg
    Miss Hannigan: Just wait until tomorrow, I'm going to bust your chops!
    If the board of NYC hears that I let the homeless run rampid, I'll lose my license!
    Now get to bed!
  • Ninja-Dan22Ninja-Dan22 Posts: 117 Member
    I've been working my way through reading this thread from the beggining (think I might give up, I'm only 588 pages through :D). I used to read this forum all the time, it's exciting to see everybodies stories again :)
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited November 2022
    Many ghosts
    zeEggJ.jpg

Daffodil!
    zeE7CD.jpg
    zeEH8e.jpg
    zeEo4O.jpg
    zeEIUK.jpg
    zeE5E6.jpg

Awwwwwwww
    zeVeaV.jpg
    zeVZV0.jpg
    zeVEbq.jpg
    zeVArn.jpg

Wuren Sang's normal form. I think he's one of the most FILF sim I've made by now, another is Tianya Sui
    zeV1M9.jpg
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    Made some new sims yesterday to playtest my town (even though it is far from finished yet. I heard playtesting is a good idea, and I wanted to see how it worked..)

YQKxxNi.jpg
    The towns first two inhabitants: Nater Gundersen and Flouzi Menoda. They later seemed to hit it off rather well and became a couple. ;) Well, maybe not so surprising when they were the only two young adults in town... so far...

3wL0njw.jpg
    The towns first family: The Winther family. Here is mom and dad, Gjertrud and Åge Winther watching tv in their brand new house. ;)

XZuBdvq.jpg
    Their kids, Sol Winther and Måne Winther. Sol is already doing homework, and Måne is reading a book. The kids where simply made using "play with genetics" after making the parents. Only thing I changed about the kids appearance was their clothing.

6PPcaUj.jpg
    Mom Gjertrud wanted to constantly pillow fight with her daughter.

J6rEdwb.jpg
    Måne and Sol had their first sibling argument.. (In english their names would be Moon and Sun...)

zX0mF3N.jpg
    Sol wanted to get an after school job at the neighbourhoods local grocery store, and already disapproves of the fruit display..

IGJ21o9.jpg
    Burta and Framel Skyggedal. Burta is the (future) mayor of the town, but so far she had to make do with getting a job in the medical career alongside her husband, because the town doesn't have a town hall yet! :P

uH9cZhS.jpg
    Burta doesn't have the flirtatious trait, but is very flirtatious with her husband, and Framel quickly got a wish to have a baby with her, so I just kept waiting for them to find the bed and use it. ;) I made them childless, but if they make a child during my playtesting, that child might be a future inhabitant of the town, too.

OLEzSEd.jpg
    ..but so far, besides flirting, their favorite past time seemed to just be reading books in the basement...

EUTx7kl.jpg
    ..the dishwasher broke, and it was very important for Burta to put on her finest clothing before mopping up the water. ;)
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    Nice stories everyone. :)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Homeless in Sunset Valley (A Rags to Riches Story) (Chapter Two; Part Three)
    "Fresh Start"

Sunday afternoon was more of the same. It was certainly interesting to speculate just how much the proceeds of the sale of the gemstones would be. Haruo hoped the sale of them would be well over §250,000. It would enable them to get two vehicles without hurting the principle amount too much. The goal here now went from mere survival to wealth accumulation. To go from nothing to the wealthiest person in Sunset Valley was a feat; from hereon in, the goal would be to maintain a comfortable standard of living for River and their family.
    jtortrM.jpg
    Term investments were a way of doing so. But it wasn’t something that was doable by locking their money away for excessively long periods of time to earn 6-7% return. And stocks tended to fluctuate greatly from day to day on the trading market so, how to invest when the markets were so volatile.

It meant that Haruo had to invest in real estate and improve their valuation so that they could make more money on the flip-end than they did going in. Seeing what was available was going to be an interesting venture.
    kq8uvbv.jpg
    Haruo could go see a realtor. Most did their open houses on a weekend to nab prospective buyers; not just on the subject property but for other potential sales as well. A buyer’s agent was good to have so that one could have an advocate. The seller’s agent is not obligated to look after the buyer’s rights. The seller’s agent has only one job and that’s to look after the rights of the seller. Which is why now, where the Watcher used to work, they now have a contractual obligation for both buyers and sellers and each agent protects the rights of their contractees - double-ending a real estate deal is now scrutinized for double-dealing and is pretty much frowned upon. It’s the old “Which side are you working for?” kind of thing.

Trying to diversify their investments so that they didn’t put all their eggs in one basket was also going to be a problem. It meant that they were going to have to find an investment broker and pay them a percentage of commission to find them a good mix of an investment portfolio that wouldn’t tank in hard economic times. All this did was evoke a state in which Haruo felt like his brain would explode.

Frankly one needed to negotiate the realm of investment carefully. One wrong selection could tank your entire portfolio. A frightening thought for those who were risk-averse.
    AnHbweB.jpg
    “What are you thinking about?” River asked. It was disconcerting to see how Haruo had grown up in other ways; not just physically but mentally too.

“Just thinking about how to grow our money so that we never get put in the position we were when I was a teenager.” That was the frightening thought. Investment was not something taught in schools. Bull and bear markets; and when was a good time to invest, sell or hold. A bull market being hot and a cooling bear market were the two extremes. School didn’t teach you what to do in either of those cases.

River could understand the feeling behind the simplistic emotions that governed needing to figure out investment: safety, security, the need to keep food in one’s belly and keeping a stable roof over one’s head. These four emotions drove humans to work, to toil for one’s supper and shelter, and for those who were more predatorily or desperation driven, motivated to commit crimes to satisfy those needs. Haruo, on the other hand, was more motivated to do things through legal channels as opposed to illegal.

“So…how are we going to do that?”
    wgW58lz.jpg
    “Real Estate Investment and Term GICs for long-range; short term high volatility stocks for the short term. 10% total net worth in stocks 20% in real estate. The other 70% is our operating budget. That means currently we hold §197,800 in real estate and we can hold §98,900 in stocks - we can get a return of about §22K annually.” Haruo looked at her.

“We can?”

“That’s compound interest for you?” Haruo grinned.
    TlIUMQ0.jpg
    “Somebody was listening in school…”. River commented wryly, “…because all this is going wayyy over my head.”

“First of all, we need to find an investment advisor…”

“…one that isn’t crooked, you mean..,” River interjected. She had a point. Frankly, one had to vet the advisors used when one had money to make sure they knew what they were doing, weren’t taking kickbacks to push a scam stock or were otherwise double-dealing. The best thing was to deal with an accredited investment house with a certification.
    Ea9QWH5.jpg
    Haruo looked over at her, “At least we now have a place to start from.” And that they did. Noticing his own stomach growling and how famished he felt he nodded towards the fridge with a look of concern in River’s direction, “Have you eaten?”
    i882ldi.jpg
    “I had a breakfast calzone earlier but, I’m starting to get hungry again.” There was a slight touch of irritation that it felt as though he as a young adult was trying to parent her when they were only two days apart in age. It wasn’t like she couldn’t take care of herself. But she swept that irritation away. He was only concerned for my well-being. People are already looking at us weird; him being young adult and me being teen even if it’s only for two more days so naturally he’s concerned for my well-being. But people being people will still talk about us.
    “Maybe you should eat again.” The idea was put out there casually and River’s stomach grumbled in agreement.

“I guess I’ll have another calzone.”

“…and I’ll make apple pie.” He paused a moment grinning, “…if only to get some of these apples out of my inventory.”

(to be continued)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    Wow I have never seen it so dead
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    I spent a good part of today working on my next Perfect Genetics video. I had a few mishaps with Error 12. I got enough video recorded to complete the video and will do that when I can next get to it. Tomorrow will be a big day for me and I won't be home much so there won't be time for me to work on the video until at least Monday. Which is a bit of a shame as I really want to get it done.

Today's drama occurred when Cindy gave birth and I recorded that successfully, and then couldn't save due to Error 12.

So I reloaded the game and let it run fast while I did something else for an hour or so. I finally returned to the computer to find a message asking if she should scold a child for skipping school. I said No and sent the child to school. Assumed the game would need another hour or two to run before the birth would happen. I finally tracked down Cindy and she was standing next to the pool and in the process of having the baby. I eventually sent her off to the hospital where she delivered the baby on arrival. I was relieved she got the same from the second delivery as she got from the one I'd recorded on video. in my experience, having had previous issues of this kind that the second time a sim gives birth from the same pregnancy they may not always get exactly what they got the first time they gave birth just before the game crashed.

I will be trying to get the video up early next week. I don't have much to edit and I have it all recorded.

Happy Simming
    edited November 2022
    Not an attempt at storytelling, just more playtesting of the town.

quc0gAn.jpg
    Winter came to town, and Flouzi learned to make a snowman.

dlbT2Wc.jpg
    I sent her to visit Bien Bar ("The Bee Bar") with her boyfriend, Nater Gundersen. It quickly became a date, but...

8pVYIHm.jpg
    I suppose you could say it quickly escalated, but this isn't excactly what I hoped for.. However, I suppose this was just the game pushing them to do a bar fight, and that it doesn't actually signify some relationship trouble. Yes, the speaker in the background is a little high, but that's why I do playtesting. I'm not seeing it from that angle in build mode. ;)

09AO9vs.jpg
    It ended their date though, and they spent some time afterwards not interacting with each other.

KFLQRqM.jpg
    However, soon thereafter they were back to being romantic so all was good.

cGjxMOm.jpg
    Towards the end of their night out, they went outside to watch the stars.

bVQ7QiX.jpg
    The next day I sent Flouzi over to the Myravatnet lake, because I wanted her to try skating, when I saw this...

G9KkyQZ.jpg
    I was a bit anxious at first, because I have never had a sim interact with a unicorn before (I was half expecting it to be hostile), but this worked out just fine.

Bgm64sF.jpg
    The unicorn appeared to be very proud, but was also surprisingly friendly.

uDK4Alu.jpg
    After posing in front of her for a while, it went over to beg for carrots.

qhpSv7J.jpg
    I then worked some more on the town, made a new version, and put the same families back into town. This time with the Winther family as the active family. Flouzi and Nater came over to welcome their new neighbours and Gjertrud, the mother of the family, just told a ghost story that made Flouzi faint...

Hmm, since this thread is so inactive, I may have a look at my story again and pick up where I left with Leya and Deepak again... just to have something being posted. <_<
    th1das9.png
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    edited November 2022
    Wow I have never seen it so dead

@GraceyManor ^Me either... :cry: It's given me a sad, but when I think about it, I think it's because we've all gotten more busy in life since life has gotten much more hectic... Inflation prices are causing all of us to work more or go back to work so we can make ends meet. That doesn't leave much time for play unfortunately... :(
    And not only that, but people are still battling various illnesses, or their computers are broken and are not allowing them to play the game at the moment. :pensive:
    And the Holidays are here. 🎄
    Hopefully everyone will be back soon. 🙏🏻

Miss y'all. <3 Hope y'all are well and happy.

@Sprottenham I love this picture! :love:

bVQ7QiX.jpg

*I'm still staging and taking pictures in game for my Christmas story. I hope y'all will be here on Dec 1st when it debuts! :mrgreen:

Happy Simming my dear friends. <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    edited November 2022
    @emorrill Oh? What's wrong with everyone's games? :o I see a lot of people claiming origin is holding their game "hostage"
    Anyways, I look forward to Dec 1st for your story, I always enjoy your christmas stories! They are like watching a hallmark movie.
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
    edited November 2022
    Homeless in Sunset Valley (A Rags to Riches Story) (Chapter Two; Part Four)
    "Fresh Start"

The day passed uneventfully as Haruo managed to conjure a pink diamond which could potentially be sold Monday and when the consignment selling deadline passed they were §215K richer with the gemstones he’d turned in early Sunday morning than they started
    9dOTwkx.jpg
    Haruo decided to diversify that into real estate buying up the Alto’s estate at a whopping §325,000 which would set tongues wagging in Sunset Valley about the young and upcoming real estate tycoon. He went and did that on Monday morning as well as buying up the Sekemoto’s old home and Sunset Valley Park which he would be redeveloping into a lakefront so that it could be a kind of fishing resort.

Monday morning’s breakfast was waffles and Haruo was dressed to impress in a suit and tie as well as nice dress shoes.
    r6btCpF.jpg
    “Wow, looking snazzy there, honey…” River was bemused when she came into the kitchen to collect her plate of waffles. “Planning on doing some important stuff?”
    m32kCGC.jpg
    “Yeah, adult stuff. Going to see the investment advisor, then talking to the real estate agent. He says he’s got a line on the Alto property and I want to snap it up before it even goes on the market.” was her fiancé’s reply. “The Sekemotos just moved and they’ve got a develop-able property that I want to put some work into.”
    vwq7czw.jpg
    River looked sharply at him, one eyebrow raised. Haruo could notice a tone of pique when she replied, “If I wasn’t engaged to you, I’d be convinced, I just got insulted.”

“No, just extremely busy and trying to figure out how to best put our money and converting gemstones to use to better our financial situation, sweetheart. Did you get your homework done?”
    T2GeuK9.jpg
    That was a shot., however…“Shut up, you.” He knew darned well she’d finished the homework Friday night - he was sitting right at the kitchen table while she was working on it; the louse, and enjoying every minute of her frustration at completing the assignment while he tossed his into the shredder since he was aging up Saturday and frankly didn’t give two hoots whether he finished his homework or not. Haruo’s smirk would have been infuriating if she didn’t love him so much. River, after eating headed back upstairs to do some painting before she had to leave to head to school, her last day of school before aging up to young adulthood.

Haruo, on the other hand, knew there were things to do before he had to set up for the party for his beloved wife-to-be so he got to the office to meet the investment advisor. Together they would make a plan to set up a real estate portfolio as well as a stock portfolio. And that would enrich him with rental income as well as investment dividends. So while his wife-to-be made a mad dash out the door to her final day of school, he got set doing the tasks that he had to do.
    m1K0f3U.jpg
    Then there was time taken at the city hall to do all the necessary paperwork that needed to get done in order to have property transferred into his name and set up as an investment property. Paying the property purchase tax and what-not. It took well until after 10:30 before he could take a breather and contemplate what he’d just done which was reduce their total cash reserves from §928K to §328K but increased their total real estate holdings to §600,000. Then with the gemstones he was bringing up and recutting them to size and refining them, he would make their cash resources plenty again.
    Fif8eXP.jpg
    When he got home he got on the phone and started inviting friends to a birthday party held for River. Renting stuff for a dance floor and setting up a karaoke and juice bar (let’s just call it what it was: alcohol) and he was quite certain there were probably a few who were going to get thoroughly plastered (staggering drunk) at this party. Namely a few party animals, Molly French being one of them. She was generally a blast at any party in town and she generally went to all of them.

It was mainly because River talked fondly of Sandi that Molly was being invited to River’s birthday party. And also because Sandi was at an age where she still really couldn’t be left at home alone. If she was left home alone, the social workers could get involved and no-one wanted that, even if it was de riguer for the 80s to let kids stay at home by themselves with strict instructions, “Don’t touch the whatever appliance that can kill you du jour…or you’re gonna get what for when mommy or daddy gets home”.

That wasn’t an empty threat back in those days. You wouldn’t be walking normal for at least six days when your dad got finished caning your behind.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    @GraceyManor Yeah I remember folks saying that about origin as well. Origin is the worst!
    Mostly I made that comment because our dear bekkasan's computer isn't working right now so she can't play. :cry: (Hopefully she won't get after me for mentioning it. :p )
    Anyways, I look forward to Dec 1st for your story, I always enjoy your christmas stories! They are like watching a hallmark movie.
    ^Aww, thank you. <3 That's my goal to make it feel like a Hallmark Christmas movie. :mrgreen: I hope you and everyone else will enjoy it. There's some things I'm doing differently with it. ;)
    Will you continue with your Christmas story?
  • Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    @Sprottenham The photo of the unicorn is very cute!
    @GraceyManor I Like where the Christmas Story is going! :smile:

I've been wanting to write a Christmas story for the holidays, but with how many random stories/households I do/play at once, it probably wouldn't get posted until Valentine's Day :lol:

For now I have been playing my legacy still. (I've been having a lot of fun with it :tongue:). Anyways, hope everyone has a lovely day/night !
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Working on ideas for the story I’m working on. I’ve done a bit of messing around with Simon and Prudence Crumplebottom but that’s all I’ve accomplished. I was basically de-aging them and working on making them period appropriate. I’m almost thinking the past part of the story may be the founding of the town. I may create ancestors of known townies and show how the Goths started the town, and how the Landgraab’s helped with that. I’m thinking I’ll make the founding of the town somewhere between the 1850’s to the 1880’s, mainly because that sounds like a good starting point. I’ll include a few references to real life events, but they won’t be a major part of the story. With it being Sims, there is only so much one can do with historical accuracy but being Sims, their history doesn’t have to necessarily match our history. Finishing up work today, then may jump in game and do some more work towards the story.
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    I started a save in Isla Paradiso. It's a little laggy but I've come to expect that since most games tend to lag on my old laptop.

I befriended and added a mermaid to my household so I'm playing around with that occult. They really need their hydration, I swear that need drops faster than the others.

Also discovered that my vampire got a perfect tan from being in the sun. You would think it would skip the tan and go straight to burnt but apparently not. For a second I thought my game glitched because she wasn't pale anymore until I saw the moodlet.
    edited November 2022
    My playing schedule is now: (since I'm driving my wife to work) 2-3 hrs in the evening...unless I'm playing SWTOR - whereas I don't get any story done.
    HtBd4ov.jpg
    So unfortunately at this point, my stories are "posted as the inspiration hits" sorta thing.
    5EqjlXL.jpg
    ...yes, the "mean-spirited" uncles appear...in the story. Been busy creating sims for the story too.

One of the things that I have to learn is how to create poses...to better illustrate my story...that's gonna be a headache and a half.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited November 2022
    Nothing much is going to be happening in my Sims 3 game at least for the entire day. Since:
    a) I have SWTOR guild stuff to do.
    b) I need to uninstall Sims 3 and re-install it (piece by piece) so that my game stops crashing when I try to make pets - That Pets EP SHOULD be working since I have enough memory to run that silly pack. I'm currently downloading the base-game off Origin (it's saying that it's going to take 1hr and 4m to download the base game). Finally found where I can download Pets (in the Origin app) and Origin decided to actually work for once and show me all my downloadable content. (Note to EA devs - FIX YOUR RUDDY EA APP CAUSE HELL WILL FREEZE OVER BEFORE I SWITCH TO IT IF IT'S STILL BUGGY BY THE END OF 2023!!!!!)
    c) Galway (my cat) has decided to make "my lap" his home for the day - he hates being abandoned (because of my driving my wife to work every day of her work-week (it's her weekend (Monday and Tuesday)) so he's decided that he's going to make it known that I'm not to go anywhere today...I even have to ask his permission to go to the washroom. Her work-week day goes like this for me:
    Get up and dressed, drive her to work...park rear-end in parking lot, pull out iPhone and type out the next section of my story - if my muse cooperates, I can manage to pull off enough paragraphs before my phone reaches a stage where I have to wander in to the mall for about 3.5 hrs to charge my phone back up. That usually takes about five hours of the day. Then I go back out to the car and sit for another 2.5 hours until my phone gets down to about 40% charge. My wife is usually out by about the 8hr 15m mark, then we drive home. If I'm lucky and I'm not absolutely dead-tired, I either get some SWTOR gameplay in or some Sims 3 gameplay in (now that the game - thanks to my SSD drive - doesn't take 1hr and 45m to load up).

Update: Base game, Ambitions and Generations installed... Into the Future is being installed right now.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Pages 4412 through 4414

Hey everyone, finally got a week that isn't so busy with work. I figured it was time to try and get fully caught up with comments and maybe give a good update on the story I'm going to work on. I am going to do some more setting up at some point today, mostly de-aging Sims and saving them to the CAS bin. I've decided I'm actually going to start the story in the 1950's instead of doing the founding of the town. I may make some references to the past of Sunset Valley, but it'll save me the trouble of creating several generations of ancestors. I'm kind of wanting people like Gunther, Cornelia, Nancy, and Geoffrey to all be teens in the 1980's, which would make Mortimer, Bella, Malcolm, Kaylynn, and others 1990's babies. On thing I really need to mention, though, is that things might not match up with Sims lore because it'll be my interpretation of things. That's not to say I'm completely changing things, just that I'm not worried how much it matches up. Anyway, here is the comments that I promised.

@Nikkei_Simmer Man, the Chikamori house is huge!
    At least Haruo isn't going to have to worry about school much longer.
    All that work Haruo did really paid off.
    Looks like Hank is dancing with Jamie instead of Pauline.
    And then Jamie has the nerves to flirt with Haruo. River may still be a teenager, but I think she could take Jamie.
    That is definitely true about Jamie's makeup. I only bother to change it in my games if I'm playing her or something.
    Haruo's starting to act like an old man already, lol
    I wonder what the Landgraab's and Alto's think of Haruo and River living in their neighborhood. We all know that the Alto's are supposed to be new money, so they might not be so bad about it. However, I can see Nancy Landgraab thinking they don't belong there, since they are also technically new money.
    Wait, did Haruo just buy the Alto's house? Where did the Alto's go?

@Cororon Great Halloween pictures! Yes, I'm a little late on comments.

@Sims4MagicalTales It's nice that everyone is finding love.
    Uh oh, it's not good that Catra got the moonstone.

@Sprottenham The town is looking good.
    Great post with your new Sims.

@Shadow_Assassin Nice update!

@emorrill Looking forward to your Christmas story!
    That is a neat poster that @jillbg made for you.
    Nice job on Malai and her bedroom.
    Kai looks good too, you know, for a guy. :wink:
    That's kind of what is causing me not to post so often. I've had two weeks in a row now where I've had to work 5 days straight, even though our Black Friday events so far haven't really done so well. This week, I have today and Tuesday off, work Wednesday, have Thanksgiving off, then work 6 days straight. At least it seems after that, my schedule will go back to how it normally is, although I've only got the schedules through December 9th. The 10th and 17th are days I've had to ask off, which I'd normally use for Simming time, but those are going to be busy now because the 10th is my brothers graduation party, and the 17th is his college graduation ceremony. He will graduate with a Bachelor's in Criminal Justice. Hopefully after the holidays, the thread will pick up again.

@GraceyManor Miss Hannigan is a big meanie. I remember when my high school did a version of Annie for the spring play, and the girl who played Miss Hannigan in it was really good at playing her. The one who played Mr. Warbucks is my grandma's neighbors son, and he used to work at our local Dairy Queen.
    I like how Miss Hannigan is Anna's employer here.
    Sounds like Anna's getting in some trouble already. I like how she came up with the dog's name so fast.
    I know, it has been dead for several days now. I hope everyone is doing okay.
    I guess it has something to do with the fact that EA is going to get rid of Origin, and will make us all use the EA App to access our games now. It hasn't fully happened yet, but the switch is causing issues for some Simmers. Luckily, I haven't had to switch yet, so I'm okay.

@Ninja-Dan22 I started reading the thread from the beginning a while back, but I've only made it to page 140. I didn't start posting on here until page 3110 or something so I've got a lot to read to get to that point.

***I am all caught up now, time to go into a quick loading, empty town to start working on more Sims. That is still a work in progress.
    @Brandontaylor
    Kai looks good too, you know, for a guy. :wink:
    ^Lol! :lol: Thanks for that chuckle. :blush:
    Great to hear from you. :) I'm glad to hear you're looking forward to the Christmas story. I still have many more pictures to take... But no worries, it will debut on schedule. :star:
    Congrats to your brother getting his bachelor's in Criminal Justice. That's what I studied in college. :)

@Simexpert123
    I've been wanting to write a Christmas story for the holidays, but with how many random stories/households I do/play at once, it probably wouldn't get posted until Valentine's Day :lol:
    ^Lol, the struggle is real! :lol: Although you got me curious what kind of Christmas story you might tell. :)

@Nikkei_Simmer I'm sorry you're still having struggles with your game. :( You should look into playing it on Steam...Origin in awful! (As you're seeing...) I'll never play on that platform again.
    Good luck. :star:
    edited November 2022
    Man, do not make Kitty Landgraab a young adult. She’s a mess. I’m thinking about creating a new version of her using her for this story. I might end up doing that for Victor Goth too, making him more similar to Gunther.

Edit: Kitty isn’t as bad now since I tweaked her.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
    emorrill wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer I'm sorry you're still having struggles with your game. :( You should look into playing it on Steam...Origin in awful! (As you're seeing...) I'll never play on that platform again.
    Good luck. :star:

I'll be looking into that...however right now...finances are tight up...so no dice on that for a while. So if Origin can keep me playing for a little while longer...

Then I'll see about making the jump to Steam.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    The video is available to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/cOpTDEDsItw

In this video we see James and Carla's new house and their family move into it. The children complete their child skills. Then we go back to Donna and Gary's place. Their toddlers age up to child and do their child skills. Then Cindy and Bill and their toddlers return to Moonlight Falls. Back home we meet their huge household of 20 sims. This is where Cindy and Bill will stay. So most of the others will be moving to Mountain Lake over the next few episodes. I probably won't be showing the detail of their moves as this is about the Perfect Genetics Challenge and the focus is on Cindy having babies until she gets an heir. At the end of the video she gives birth again. I haven't checked if she has an heir yet as the video went slightly over the 30 minute point before I had a chance to do that. So next episode we will find out if she has an heir.

In the meantime I've moved Owen, Trish, Petal and Cosmo to Mountain Lake. Petal and Cosmo aged up to Young Adult first of course.

I finished working on the video yesterday morning and started loading it. By 5:30 pm it had loaded 28%. I had to stop it at that point as I needed to leave here for rehearsal before 5:30. I wanted to disconnect the computer from the power before I left due to possible severe thunder storms.

This morning I started loading again. Fortunately it gave me the choice to continue from where it left off yesterday. So at around 6:30 am today it started loading from 28% loaded and continued all day until about 3:30 or 4 pm. Not exactly sure when as I walked away from the computer for a while. Now I have to be gone before 5:30 again. This is going to be the routine for the next 2 or 3 days with me needing to be gone from here before 5:30pm.

@emorrill @Simexpert123 Yeah, it was a nice picture and moment. I was surprised to see a unicorn there, but I suppose it was because it's the only lot that has spawners so far. ;) (I don't know what makes a unicorn show up.)

@Brandontaylor Thanks, and there are plenty of new builds of the town I haven't shown yet, because I haven't made screenshots of them. :P The town is constantly growing, though very far from finished yet..
    th1das9.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top