Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I had built a resort for my household overnight. The resort workers appeared and started doing their job, but the resort is, for now, losing money.
    8DwF4UI.jpg

It is Love Day, and Nicholas and Hazel got engaged. They are going to get married on the same day, but I quit the game because I can't decide if they should get married at the family resort (where there is free food and lots of things to do) or somewhere else (so that they can invite guests from other households).

zCL08zJ.jpg

0BOh1AK.jpg

mdQwEaf.jpg
  • Options
    @GraceyManor , I think I've seen that ship in one of your stories before. It looks so good!
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited September 2021
    @meerkattime I have been going crazy trying find my recent playthrough pics where i ran into Venus here is when my SS was going in the library

These are from months ago but found some NOT SURE IF ITS A SICKNESS OR A BLESSING BUT JEESH I JUST REALIZED I KEEP EXTENSIVE RECORDS OF EVERYTHING

See this is her default the pattern must not send through Simfileshare

vXIk1JI.png

Here was another time spotting her she was walking toward the diner when I was there talking to Mary from Bekkasan's story

wGPpgn0.png

These are old had to blow the dust off them

This is her default Outerwear its a store item so you might have it uninstalled

From Date Night Set *Store link below*

https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?&productId=OFB-SIM3:55076&categoryId=&scategoryId=11907&ppcategoryId=&gender=female&startAt=64

cgAynhy.png

Found this of her

7AgFJ7c.png

I think I am an addict :#

Lastly my build in my Lucky Palms of it although this is in Dragon Valley it was for my LP remake world

VLTtjgQ.png

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @CravenLestat

Great looking sims as per usual.

@GraceyManor

Congrats to Francine on being pregnant

@meerkattime

Lovely update, yeah he's for sure busy.

@Brandontaylor

Great updates

@bekkasan

lovely photos, hope you have fu nwith the new world.
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited September 2021
    Canada had been both a refuge for those against the war, deserters and dissenters alike as well as a place for hawks to disparage. And Haruo was grateful that his country hadn’t been dragged into the quagmire like Australia and France or many of the now mid-thirty to mid-forty somethings would have been killed in those same fields that the American Gis and Marines had died in. It was in these same late Eighties years that the talk of the Vietnam Memorial being constructed was starting to take place.

@Nikkei_Simmer ... Nice Update!

In reference to the quote and on a historical note ... The French were not dragged into Vietnam.
    Among other geopolitical reasons at the time, France was one of the reasons America went to Vietnam in the first place.
    We were there initially in support of our oldest true allies.

If it hadn't been for the French blocking Cornwallis' escape to the sea from Yorktown ...
    and their blockade of British reinforcements from New York, during the Battle of the Chesapeake ...
    America may not have won our Revolution.

Of course you couldn't really tell France is our oldest ally from current political garbage ... :D
    Which not surprisingly, involves the Americans, British and Australians ...
    and much the same geopolitical concerns in the region.

Post edited by BlackSand on
    I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    @bekkasan ... Great Update!
    Looks like you have been busy on Supernatural Island and Nice Work!

Please keep us informed in regards to the Fairy Band.
    I have neither played Fairies (no particular reason), nor advanced in the band career.
    I will be interested to see what you discover along the way.

Whoa @Nikkei_Simmer ... Just put the hammer down (softly).
    In any case, it looks like frustration is a shared experience with River.

I cracked up when you put in the part where Bebe was explaining how she was viewed by her students.
    I know a lot of teachers, and if their precious little angels (or possibly their parents) had a clue about what it is like
    when their teacher is hitting the margaritas watching college football on my back porch ...
    Well, there may be more kids enrolled in the Private Catholic School ... :p

@meerkattime ... Nice Update!
    It's nice to see things working out for Mortimer and Venus.

Be careful dropping all those Craven Girls in your game though ...
    You have no idea what he has done to them ... :D
    They might not have any CC and whatnot, but the damage could be serious (just kidding).

The comment you made about the picture I shared, had everything to do with the look on Doug's face.
    The characters in my story are just that ... Characters.
    They live separate little Sims lives, and only play a part when on set.
    Even if they are enemies in the story, they are often good friends with the same person in their Sim Life.

Long story short ... It can be confusing ... :D
    I build sets, test them for positions and lighting before I go to shoot the screenshots.
    Some of the pictures I share are just garbage I think of when I am moving characters around on the sets
    and testing everything out.

@GraceyManor ... Nice Updates!
    Your story is moving pretty fast, but progressing nicely.
    Love the part where Michael wants the feel the baby kick, and Francine threatens to kick him.

That a way Girl ... "This is all your fault [censored]" ... :D

Have A Lovely Day.
    Happy Simming!

• Options
    @CravenLestat ... Uh yeah, I remember way back when Venus snubbed your Sim ... :D

Gotta love the Hooters Build ... And sorry things didn't work out with Venus.
    Don't be all cold though, you made her, and she just got wise to you.

On another note, we are all here jabbering about the fun we have
    with a game that has been out of production for quite some time.
    I think it is safe to say that we are all addicts in one way or another ... B)

Good Luck ... I don't think there is a recovery program that works for Simmers.
    Happy Simming!

• Options
    @PalmArrow ... Nice Job on the Resort!
    I like the shot you posted as well.
    Good choice on the ceiling, and you framed it well with sun in the background.

I also rarely go goo-goo over the clothes Sims wear,
    but the dress Hazel is wearing ... Nice Job, Perfect ... B)

Good luck turning things around at the Resort.
    Happy Simming!

• Options
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    BlackSand wrote: »
    Canada had been both a refuge for those against the war, deserters and dissenters alike as well as a place for hawks to disparage. And Haruo was grateful that his country hadn’t been dragged into the quagmire like Australia and France or many of the now mid-thirty to mid-forty somethings would have been killed in those same fields that the American Gis and Marines had died in. It was in these same late Eighties years that the talk of the Vietnam Memorial being constructed was starting to take place.

@Nikkei_Simmer ... Nice Update!

In reference to the quote and on a historical note ... The French were not dragged into Vietnam.
    Among other geopolitical reasons at the time, France was one of the reasons America went to Vietnam in the first place.
    We were there initially in support of our oldest true allies.

If it hadn't been for the French blocking Cornwallis' escape to the sea from Yorktown ...
    and their blockade of British reinforcements from New York, during the Battle of the Chesapeake ...
    America may not have won our Revolution.

Of course you couldn't really tell France is our oldest ally from current political garbage ... :D
    Which not surprisingly, involves the Americans, British and Australians ...
    and much the same geopolitical concerns in the region.

True, the French went into Vietnam in 1884 and ruled it as an empire from 1887 until their ouster and their "quagmire" dragged on from the start of the French Indochina war from 1946 for eight years (which was mostly funded by the Truman Government financially), the strategic lessons learned by French military forces were promptly ignored by those who went in afterwards. The United States was primarily in charge of the withdrawal of French Forces after the French defeat in Vietnam in 1953 then they provided funding, armaments, and training to South Vietnam's government and military from 1954 up to their own withdrawal in 1973.

The two forces in main opposition to each other were Ho Chi Minh and Emperor Bao Dai, each who wanted a Vietnam that reflected their own geopolitical leanings: Bao Dai who wanted a Western style government led Vietnam and Ho Chi Minh who wanted a Soviet/Chinese inspired Communist style government and of course, each had their own backers - hence the Soviet and Chinese advisors on the side of the North and the US on the side of the South.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    BlackSand wrote: »
    Whoa @Nikkei_Simmer ... Just put the hammer down (softly).
    In any case, it looks like frustration is a shared experience with River.

I cracked up when you put in the part where Bebe was explaining how she was viewed by her students.
    I know a lot of teachers, and if their precious little angels (or possibly their parents) had a clue about what it is like
    when their teacher is hitting the margaritas watching college football on my back porch ...
    Well, there may be more kids enrolled in the Private Catholic School ... :p

@GraceyManor @BlackSand - That a way Girl ... "This is all your fault [censored]" ... :D

Yeah, I took a Spaulding to my gaming computer in 1996 mainly because of the fact that it decided to give me a blue-screen of death when I wanted to play NHL95. That was when gaming computers cost almost as much as a used car. This laptop only cost me half of a grand. For a good top-line gaming computer, I'd probably have to spend about $3-4,000.00 (I'll go for $2.000.

Haruo is probably just as "wound up" as River in any case - I think they're both starting to regret their decision, especially with Bebe and Torao.

My teachers would probably have been driven to drink by some of the antics that happened in our classroom. Poor Miss Wright (name changed for protection) - one of my bullies targeted me in high-school in home room. I picked up a chair and told him that I'd cave his head in if he tried anything. Miss Wright had to cautiously approach me and tell me to put the chair down (she didn't want me to go to jail).

"This is all your fault"...mmmhmmm... My wife said the same thing at those particular times. :mrgreen:

...and on that note...a screencap of my RL missus as a Sim (she decided to have her hair done in a purple shade - so as reflected on this sim) with another different version of Haruo.
    Screenshot-130.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    100 boyfriends challenge

She's still on her first boyfriend, but here are some more images!

fpYbai0.jpg

Learning to cook

G8uvajv.jpg

Eating is needed at times

0dLvT02.jpg

gKx2rEt.jpg

practicing her charisma ( a skill needed)

Fp4hJhA.jpg

Chatting to Tom Wordy ( edited but no facial changes)

T4Bzllp.jpg

Young adult a bit edited but no facial,
    Wayne bumble

dLk05Fg.jpg

Having fun

B8iit2T.jpg

Early evening ( Lightning od by brntwaffles)

All for now

• Options
    @Silverofdreams30 , your sim’s sparkly shirt is so beautiful! And I love that picture of Bridgeport in the evening.
  • Options
    @PalmArrow

Thank you, it is from TSR
  • Options
    meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @GraceyManor Congrats on the twins (even though you were hoping to have just one)! I guess the parents will be busy for a while.

@PalmArrow The resort looks very nice :blush: . Hopefully the business will get better.

@CravenLestat I do like that store dress. I have to reinstall it. I wonder what else has disappeared from my game without me knowing it.
    Nice to see Venus in your game :smiley: . The picture of her posed on the chair is lovely.
    Your Hooters looks awesome! :star:
    I don't think Venus does anything for living in my game - at least she's always available for a date :o .

@BlackSand Thank you. Lol, you might be right about those ladies - I'm sure they would have wild stories to tell me :p . But they are so lovely that I'll just take the risk! :smiley:

@Silverofdreams30 She looks great in that golden shirt. What traits did you give her to help her with her project?
  • Options
    @meerkattime

Flirty, brave, charismatic not
    sure of the two final ones atm hehe.
  • Options

The two forces in main opposition to each other were Ho Chi Minh and Emperor Bao Dai, each who wanted a Vietnam that reflected their own geopolitical leanings: Bao Dai who wanted a Western style government led Vietnam and Ho Chi Minh who wanted a Soviet/Chinese inspired Communist style government and of course, each had their own backers - hence the Soviet and Chinese advisors on the side of the North and the US on the side of the South.

Well, yeah ... I did mention the other geopolitical concerns.
    It could also be noted, that although it is primarily referenced to Afghanistan now ...
    Most of that Region could fall under "The Graveyard of Empires" designation.

• Options
    imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    @meerkattime love the pic of the beach kiss *swoon time*
    @PalmArrow I adore your resort, hopefully it will make money soon
    @Silverofdreams30 pretty sim & I really liked the pic of her reflecting in the mirror
    @CravenLestat loved the pics you posted, I don't think I've seen them B4. Love your build, even if it is A hooters :p
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member
    Finally get to relax, lol. I've got some sore muscles after the work I did the past three days. Lifting a bunch of 30 lbs. bags of cat litter, and buckets of it too wore me out. Anyway, I am getting fully caught up on comments, and putting a few Elvis songs at the end of this, then going to play Bella Bachelor for a bit.

@Nikkei_Simmer At least Bebe is going to get an education.
    And the others too.
    I wonder if Satoshi would really have a bunch of kids when the young adults are at uni?
    Hopefully River and Haruo get to have a big family once they are done with uni and travelling.
    One of these days, the world will be blown away when it becomes widely accepted that young again elixirs exist. Sandi can then say, "I told you all, but you wouldn't listen."
    Bebe likes teasing River, lol
    Don't know too much about the Vietnam War, other than what I learned in school.
    I hope Haruo does well for the hockey team.
    If I had to choose a painter, it would be Bob Ross. I don't care for all those old timey painters from way back.
    Great updates!

@CravenLestat Sheree isn't a bad name for her.

@BlackSand Nice behind the scenes look.

@meerkattime Well, you could always throw an age up elixir at them. Throwing it at elders doesn't age them up, it makes them deceased.
    I guess it's one of those things you have to roll with, lol
    That's what I'm not sure about. I do wonder if the time machine uses the parent Sims genetics or not.
    Whoops, I seriously thought it was a made over Jamie.
    Nice picture on the beach.
    At least the Goth's stayed together, lol
    Maybe Mortimer will be happier once the diaper stage is over.
    Great update!

@GraceyManor I wonder what the gender will be?
    One of both, huh? Wasn't expecting that.
    Great update!

@PalmArrow Uh oh, hope the resort starts to make some money.
    Congrats on their engagement!

@CravenLestat You did a good job with the outfits. Looks like the actual restaurant ones.

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks!
    Great pictures!

***Here are a few Elvis songs I've added to the playlist I'm working on.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z576fV8rC4A
    "Fools Fall In Love" was originally recorded by The Drifters, but Elvis recorded a version of it in 1966.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2jfdDfOztA
    "You Don't Know Me" is a song that Elvis sang for his 1967 movie, Clambake. I don't know if this song came out before or after he married Priscilla that year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ibueDwuQWQ
    "Let Yourself Go" is another movie song, this one is from the 1968 movie, Speedway. Elvis was very close to his comeback, and the songs he'd start to record around this time were good ones. Some of those will come up in my next comment post.
  • Options
    @Brandontaylor, Cat litter; ugh, its heavy, awkward and frankly unwieldy and a royal pain-in-the-patootie when you have to do it repeatedly over the course of a shift. My back screams "I give up"...after wrestling in one bag into the house...so I feel for ya...when you say that was your task over the course of the past three days. OUCH.

For me the Vietnam War was on TV (the dying days of it) in the first three years of my life (even in Canada) we got the broadcasts from the US stations showing the killing fields, napalm runs...all of it. My parents were born in the 30s. If my mother had me when she was 20, I'd have been 14-17 during the dying days of the war and able to fully understand what was going on. If I had been born when she was eighteen and my grandfather had elected to land in Washington State in 1908 and if my grandparents had elected to stayed in the U.S., I'd have been in those killing fields myself fighting in places like Khe Sanh in 1971. Y'know...a lot of ifs. In my opinion I'm glad I was born when I was and north of the border.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Screenshot-65.jpg
    Michael: What is your mother feeding you? You stink.Where's Trevor
    when I need him?

Screenshot-76.jpg
    Traci: See ya later.
    Francine: Don't steal anything!
    Jimmy: Why not? You both do.
    Michael: How many times do i have to say it. Its do as we say not
    as we do.
    Jimmy: Real nice example.

Screenshot-75.jpg\
    Thought this was a nice view of the fairgrounds.

Screenshot-77.jpg
    Jimmy: That was lame....
    Traci: What did you expect? Really ghosts and goblins to jump out?
    Jimmy: Kind of.
    Traci: ghosts aren't real! grow up.

Screenshot-80.jpg
    Traci: That cotton candy is bigger than your head!
    Jimmy: Its much bigger than your brain.
    Traci: Mom!!! Jimmy's insulting my brain!
    Francine: Shut up honey.

Screenshot-81.jpg
    love the popcorn machine! one of my favorites.

Since I can't stand the baby age, I set it to 10 days, especially with twins(I hate my game! lol) XD
    So its almost time for an age up.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @PalmArrow

Lovely resort, it looks great.

@imdragonit

Thank you, that shot turned out great it was in
    one of the buildings in town.

@Brandontaylor

hope you had a great relaxing.

@meerkattime

thank you, I love that top.

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,123 Member
    Hey everyone! :grin:

Love all the chatting that's been going on over here. :blush:

@Brandontaylor I always enjoy reading your reply comments to me. <3
    I did go back and read your Sam Beckett story, it was sometime after I started posting here. I think you posted some new updates after I joined too, IIRC.
    ^Oh you did? :blush: Actually now that I think about it...I remember you mentioning reading it. Thanks! I hope you enjoyed it. :)

@meerkattime Glad you liked the picture of Harvey. :blush: Which of the 6 guys is the sexiest to you? :smirk: I'm curious. ;) (You may have told me that previously, but my memory is mush these days...)
    He didn't only steal a kiss but also got Venus to agree to be his girlfriend <3 . Maybe it was a bit quick, but... I like them together :blush: .
    ^Hee hee. Right on. 👍 :smirk:
    Oh no Morty got abducted and is now pregnant... :(
    Aww, his little mini-me from the past is a cutie. :blush: (Glad Morty didn't get killed on the way back! But I guess if he did, you'd have his clone. :lol: Then again the game would probably boot you out cause kids can't own a house. :p Anyhoo!)
    ----
    LOVE these pictures! <3
    rNH4wdH.jpg
    itBGqQd.jpg
    Babies don't last long in my game either. :p
    Nice to see Morty bonding with his past ancestor. <3 I wish the game would give a better relationship level there.

@GraceyManor Somebody is pregnant... :smirk:
    ----
    It is kind of his fault, he dragged her into his messed up crime spree, she was just doing repo jobs.
    Devon's a very wealthy guy and can have either of them capped, she got scared.
    ^I see. Still that was harsh on her part. :p
    Our internet was being stupid so I couldn't watch the whole video, but wow! I didn't realize GTA had brought in such in depth stories with the characters.
    ----
    just wondering where do you all get cc clothing and hair that aren’t corrupt or broken?
    ^I was pretty much going to say everything bekkasan said to you on the matter. It's true how in one game a certain piece of cc can cause issues while in someone else's it doesn't. I think it's cause cc can conflict with other pieces of cc so it all depends on what cc the individual has in their game.
    ----
    I'm happy to see Michael telling Trevor he can't do a job cause he's looking out for Francine and the baby/doesn't want to leave them without a husband/father. Brownie points. :star:
    Twins! :lol: I've found that if I hope for them not to have multiples it will happen. Not always, but gotta love it. ;)

@imdragonit
    yes, I saw that you had moved, glad hubby got the job but was sure worried for you guys with covid so thankful that you all got the jab <3 we're all ok here but worry for our grandson till they approve the vaccine for under twelves.
    ^Thanks. <3
    Yes, I worry about daughter getting COVID too since she's 10 and in school...Other parents aren't as considerate keeping their kids away from other kids when they're sick and none of us can put up with that in today's world... :( I read that the vaccine has been approved for children over 5, but I still want to wait a bit and see how well it is before jumping in on it. I'm usually never like this with vaccines, but...so many conflicting pieces of information out there (and how corrupt our Gov is...) that I have to go to God about it and see what prompting I get from Him. He's really the only source I trust anymore...And He's never let me down. <3

@bekkasan Sorry I got that song stuck in your head. :p
    Skye isn't a bad name, but I understand feeling like a name doesn't fit. Maybe I can look at a picture of her and come up with a name for ya. :) If you want.
    You didn't tell me they were going to be were's... ;) I'd be interested in seeing how Shane looks as one. :lol:
    Glad you liked the Harvey picture too. :mrgreen: He so has my heart. <3
    LOVE these poses! :star: (I think they are Blams ones. ;) )
    51519210861_98197bcf74_o.jpg
    That alien skin rocks! :star: (I bet they are ones that can't be found on the internet anymore huh? :( )
    Which lighting mods have you been trying out? And which do you like the best? :)

@Nikkei_Simmer
    and then there's my laptop that keeps chugging away at Sims 3...mainly out of outright fear (if it doesn't).
    ^Lol and also at the Gif you added below that. :lol:
    Hey, "Use it up, wear it out. Make it do, or do without." That was our family motto growing up because we were a BIG family and there wasn't much money...
    Great story as always. :star:

@lisasc360 Yeah $20 for an EP back then was too expensive to me. :lol: $50-$60 now is just ridiculous! :confounded:
    Yeah if EA makes Sims 5 all social and online, I'm done too. I'll flock to Paralives or something else if the evolving computers won't run Sims 3 anymore... :cry:

@CravenLestat Great to see you posting again. :blush:<3
    NOT SURE IF ITS A SICKNESS OR A BLESSING BUT JEESH I JUST REALIZED I KEEP EXTENSIVE RECORDS OF EVERYTHING
    ^Lol! :joy: Well really, it's genius! :star:
    Thought I had that dress in my game. I don't. :( So many Store items I don't have...

@BlackSand Wow...wish I could be as flexible and fit as that chica swinging up there in that video. :open_mouth:
    That turned hot quick! <3 But what a message it conveys! :star:

@PalmArrow Sorry to hear the Resort isn't doing so well... :(
    I get the feeling they should get married where they can invite all their family and friends. :blush:<3

@Silverofdreams30 Love the pictures of your 100 boyfriends challenge. :) You gonna be able to stick it out? ;):p I think I'd lose patience. Hee hee.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    @emorrill

I will have to see how many I want to go through haha, there is no cheating so make the game
    more interesting i cant cheat for more money haha.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top