Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @bekkasan I often travel with only one member of the household and leave others back at home so I rarely have an empty house to return to.

I think my game gets confused because I often arrive in a world with a sim and get them set up in their home in that world, and then switch households and play a few different households in a variety of worlds before getting back to the sim I originally traveled with and want to send them home. The game can't keep up with all of that. I find having base camps solves my problems. Or at least so far it has. I don't have them in all of the worlds in my Big Game but I'm trying to set them up in all the worlds I've got in my Perfect Genetics challenge.

I have had to go back to an earlier nhd file on occasion. Sometimes the nhd gets corrupted and they can't travel to that world at all. I've found picking up the last good nhd file and replacing it in the current save works for me. The sims in that world won't have been played as I've had other worlds active so doing that means I don't lose any progress. I've had the nhd get corrupted a couple of time a year or two ago. Apparently it is known to happen. I check the file size of the nhd to pick the most recent one that isn't corrupted. I've found they tend to be a bit smaller when corrupted. Or at least in the couple of times I've had it happen that's what I found. The nhd file size should never change between saves for each of the unplayed worlds. So it wouldn't matter if it was bigger or smaller, it would be different and that means something in the file has changed when it shouldn't have so go back to the last one that looks good and try it out to see if the sims can travel to it or not. So far I've always been lucky.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan and @Puddinroy Thanks for the comments :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    And now for the new Tammy :smile:

7MOTMaH.jpg

jUKxSig.jpg

RpMLzx6.jpg

Sg3JYPO.jpg

pXc90O1.jpg

9oyAE0K.jpg

feqacjF.jpg

Lnuxb3P.jpg

And an older picture to compare with :smile:

IoiPtYq.jpg

2hfk4Qw.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    edited July 2020
    ***Well, just got University Life back in my game. I'm not playing in the Ava Sinclair household today as I'm probably going to do a University trip for the Langerak Family. Both Ariana and her boyfriend Quinton are going to University together, and Ariana is quitting her job until she gets her degree. @CravenLestat I should add your Sim in with them so she can attend University. I mostly got the EP again so I could use the Sim you sent me.

@ZhakiraP I am so happy to see you shared your Goth family again. I really like the looks of them.
    Wow, Malcolm looks handsome compared to how he usually does.
    The Alto's looks much better too.
    Gobias and family look nice.
    Nice to see the Bunches expanded the family.
    Wow, the Langerak family had a baby boom.
    Great update!

@king_of_simcity7 Neat pics of townhomes! Don't have them hear in my area so it's nice to see them.

@Lucy_Henley Didn't know about that glitch, sounds annoying. Hope everything is okay now.
    Thanks, didn't do a lot where I live but caused some issues farther north.
    Great screenshots of the kids.

@HillyBeth Rebekah is pretty.
    Hope she and Connor end up together.
    Great update!

@MoonandStars83 Last night's storms caused some gusty winds here. I know where my brother works, his patrol truck has hail dents as well as his personal truck. Luckily that didn't happen where I was.
    Thanks!
    Sounds about like where I'm at. I think the closest Farm and Fleet to me is about 45 minutes or so too.

@GraceyManor Yeah, that's the good thing. Never caused a tornado warning and no reports of any, at least that I know of. Luckily my town only got hit with one or two random high wind gusts then it kind of just went away. There was some high winds and golf ball size hail near where the TV station is located which isn't far from where my brother works either. 2.5 inch hail hit his patrol truck and his personal truck so he's got some hail damage now.

@emorrill Wow, that's great! With time and practice, she'll be as good as you are at writing.
    Normalcy never sounded so great until now.
    You're welcome.
    Thank you. Luckily we were spared but up north, my brother had hail damage to his personal truck and patrol truck at work. Lot of power outages that way too.
    Thank you, really got to figure a name out for him before he gets here. I'm sending a few of the family to University before that though as I just got a new copy of the game today.
    Great job on the beach!

Page 3921

@ZhakiraP Thank you! It really is, University is next as I just got the EP again.

@PalmArrow Thank you!
    Awesome pattern photoshoot!
    Hope Gemma had a great day at work.
    Evangeline has a bit of work to do but I bet she will be friends with them in no time.
    Great update!

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks and you're welcome!

@king_of_simcity7 Great to see Becki!
    I was glad to see you were working on Tammy. First time I saw the lower half of her body in that picture, I knew it was her but was hoping I didn't say the wrong name. Luckily I was right though.

@Evalen Wow, Barry looks amazing! I've heard a rumor that all aliens look the same other than a few things but don't think that's true for him. Although, isn't he half-alien? That could have something to do with it.
    Looking forward to seeing Nakita as a teen!

Edit: Didn't mean to post this yet, didn't even have the page finished. Will just finish the feedback in a new post.
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Page 3921, continued

@PalmArrow Another great Sim and pattern photoshoot!

@CravenLestat Cool ghost Sim!

@bekkasan Thank you, it's nice to see Melanie pregnant again. I'm kind of liking having my Sims have multiple children, especially the occult ones.
    Luckily it did but it hit counties up north and my brother got hail damage to his personal truck and work truck.
    Yikes, he better be careful and not get any closer!

@Silverofdreams30 Great preview!

@Puddinroy Hi!

@Lucy_Henley Great update!

***Will do more feedback tomorrow, getting ready to go in game in few.
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @Lucy_Henley Great pics!
    ****Mmm... breakfast cake.

@emorril You're a good mom. I would've gotten a perfunctory pat on the head and a "That's nice, sweetie," and that would have been it.
    ****Great build!

@Silverofdreams30 I usually sleep through storms.
    ****Great pics!

@PalmArrow Great pics!
    ****Looks like Evangeline had a busy day.

@king_of_simcity7 Great pics!

@Evalen Happy birthday, Barry!

@CravenLestat Lovely Sim.

@bekkasan Maybe he wants to catch the fishy?

@Puddinroy *waves*

@Karritz Possibly an odd question: Do tourist Sims stay in a Base Camp if there's one placed in a world you're playing? Or do you not know?

@Brandontaylor I don't think he had hail, so I guess we lucked out there.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I finally made it into the game today! I loaded up my Sykes save. Not too much happened. Some random townie trespassed to fish in the pond, and another one decided to make himself at home for a few hours. I only snapped a pic of one of them. I sent Nellie out to collect some seeds and some rocks/gems. I also changed one of her traits since it wasn't compatible with her LTW.

SD4opwS.jpg
    SG04LUX.jpg
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    @MoonandStars83 base camps can be bedlam. Everyone turns up there including sims living in the world.
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @PalmArrow I love LOVE those outfits!

I was goofing around in-game. Still testing out some things. Not ready to post anything regarding gameplay yet. Just the usual "Wow you all make great stuff" and then I feel silly because I don't know how to build creative lots. LOL You'd think after this long, I would have developed some skills. Oh well.

Hope everyone is well. Thank you all for sharing your stories and creations!
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    MamaSimTee wrote: »
    @PalmArrow I love LOVE those outfits!

I was goofing around in-game. Still testing out some things. Not ready to post anything regarding gameplay yet. Just the usual "Wow you all make great stuff" and then I feel silly because I don't know how to build creative lots. LOL You'd think after this long, I would have developed some skills. Oh well.

Hope everyone is well. Thank you all for sharing your stories and creations!

@PalmArrow I love what you've been posting too - I just have been mostly answering questions or giving out likes and awesomes lately.

@MamaSimTee Creative lot building for me comes from a state of confusion. I have a vague idea and do something. The amount of creativity my lots achieve is closely related to my patience. I usually start with a very tiny nothing much here type of lot and add to it during game play until I have something I like and if I really like it I might save it to my library.

There are a few tricks and I definitely don't know them all. But I do have some tutorials that cover a few of the things I've discovered over the years and if you haven't watched them then you might get a few ideas. But they are mostly technical and not really aimed at creativity -except possibly the tutorial on building a house into the side of a hill. Even that one is just technical but you end up with an interesting looking building.

Mostly have fun and stick to what you enjoy.

EDIT: But most of all don't be too critical of yourself.
    Post edited by Karritz on
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I relaised I need to have a base camp in Moonlight Falls as I am never going to travel with the entire household and I'll need a place to land my sims when they return to their home world or want to visit. I plan to have sims from different worlds come and stay with the family in the main house occasionslly. This morning I built a base camp on an empty 40x40 community lot. It took all morning to do.

There are a lot of pics hence spoilers
    Base Camp - I hope I didn't over do the plants. I've done that before and introduced impossible lag so here's hoping all is good this time.
    Moonlight-Falls-Base-Camp.jpg

Moonlight-Falls-Base-Camp-2.jpg

Moonlight-Falls-Base-Camp-3.jpg

Moonlight-Falls-Base-Camp-4.jpg

Moonlight-Falls-Base-Camp-5.jpg

Moonlight-Falls-Base-Camp-6.jpg

Moonlight-Falls-Base-Camp-7.jpg

Moonlight-Falls-Base-Camp-8.jpg

Moonlight-Falls-Base-Camp-9.jpg

Moonlight-Falls-Base-Camp-10.jpg

Moonlight-Falls-Base-Camp-11.jpg
    We have another Imaginary Friend made real. Martin finally managed to make the potion and the result is little Bart. I had a look at Bart and I found myself breaking all of my rules and I adjusted his face. He was truly a 0 slider sim all over. I gave him a freckled skin as well. Then took him into Stylist and gave him new clothes.

Bart.jpg

Bart2.jpg

Bart brings the number of sims in the household to 19 plus 2 pets. It is getting urgent that I start moving sims out of this house. Little Mary is currently working on making the potion to turn her imaginary friend real. It is following her around at the moment.
    In the Perfect Genetics challenge episode I'm currently working on you will see Bart made real and Max age up to child, and Gary and Chas graduate and join their new careers. Also Bill ages up to Young Adult and got a job in the culinary career as he wants to be a Five Star Chef. Gary wants to be a Magician and Chas an Acrobat. I'd love to be playing both of them as my main sim just to have them perform in their respective careers. But that isn't what Perfect Genetics is all about. It's soon going to be up to Cindy and Bill to get married and start Generation 2. Cindy is still a teen.

This is Bill holding his cake - I managed to get him to call everyone to the meal and he distributed the cake so everyone got a slice.
    Bill.jpg

I think I'm going to have to fence the home lot as I found lots of townies in their yard at 2 in the morning playing up badly. I got it on video, but then decided to get screen shots of something I've never experienced in my game before. Beatrice Crumplebottom is a witch and I found her playing with magic and a partly melted ice statue was beside her. I didn't know what would happen to the sim she'd obviously turned to ice.

Beatrice-Crumplebottom-Witch-Linda-Rogers-Frozen.jpg

Beatrice-Crumplebottom-Witch-Linda-Rogers-Frozen-2.jpg

It turned out to be Linda Rogers. I discovered this when a bright light suddenly flashed and Linda Rogers was standing there instead of the partly melted statue. I missed getting that flash of light on video or with a screen shot.

Beatrice-Crumplebottom-Witch-Linda-Rogers-Un-Frozen.jpg

That's a heap of townie intruders gathering around the pool. They were jumping on the trampoline earlier. Got that on video.
    Beatrice-Crumplebottom-Witch-Linda-Rogers-Un-Frozen2.jpg

So I learned something today.

Happy Simming All.

• Options
    @Brandontaylor Thanks for the comments :smile: Note both Becki and Tammy have my favourite boots for female Sims :smile:

@MoonandStars83 Thanks for the feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    @PalmArrow Thank you very much! Yes, I found that somewhat creepy. I wish I had seen what caused the fire. Enrico rolled the wish to resurrect her again - worth 11500 points no less - but I think I'll just let it be. If the game insists on her being dead by fire, so be it.
    I see you have lots of fun with patterns and poses :smile: . Looking good.
    I've never played in Starlight Shores so far. Do you have fun with the new (for you) careers so far? I never really played those, and I strongly dislike that you lose relation with friends and family that happen to watch. Your pics look great though :smile: .

@MoonandStars83 Thank you. Yes, Darleen being dead by fire is canon. Though I doubt it's canon she died by fire twice :wink: . I hope you find a save that entices you to play.

@ZhakiraP Thanks a lot. 1200 days? And here I thought I was playing with long lifespans. I just reduced the one I play on from 905 to 800 days. I should up the pregnancy duration though, as some of those sims produce way too many kids :lol: .
    I love your new Sunset Valley shots. Those sims look totally new in those clothes, aside from the edits. Really cool! I particularly love what you did to Cornelia. And your Holly actually looks like her parents looked before, and your Vita looks a lot less like an early grandma :lol: . Anyway, love them all.

@Brandontaylor Thank you very much. I forgot, does Dwight have the "disciplined" trait? One of my sims has that - plus one of the children who rolled that trait by chance - and he produces a steady stream of gems. I usually collect them until I have larger stacks, because the cutting time doesn't depend on how many gems are in a stack, and then send them to the consignment store, where I placed the gem cutter to annoy the clerk :smiley: .
    Congrats to Ariana and Quinton on getting engaged and to Melanie on her pregnancy :smile: . Going to the graveyard to play catch is a very sim thing to do :smiley: .

@Karritz Heh, good old Moonlight Falls. I remember when the sim I played there - he was living alone with two cats - met Flint MacDuff for the first time, who, instead of talking, just turned my sim into an ice block. I only had the cats to play for quite a while :lol: . Sims usually don't mind - they don't even get a negative reaction - just vampires risk dying in such a scenario. I tried a few of the higher level spells on Flint next time I saw him :wink: .

Not much from me, as I had some headache that didn't want to go away all day yesterday, and I guess I should better spend some time outside today. Have fun, everyone!

The gnomes say farewell to one of theirs.
    nkle13H.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Turjan wrote: »
    I've never played in Starlight Shores so far. Do you have fun with the new (for you) careers so far? I never really played those, and I strongly dislike that you lose relation with friends and family that happen to watch. Your pics look great though :smile: .

@Turjan , I've only played the magician career before and had lots of fun with it. Now I'm trying a singer for the first time, and I'll have to play an acrobat too at some point. They are all very fun! There can be annoying glitches though - sims watching a show and clapping when there is nothing and no one on stage, stage decorations in the family inventory randomly doubling etc, but the careers are still very fun to play. Starlight Shores has almost nothing to offer besides the Showtime lots, though. I added a film studio rabbithole for Gemma to work in, because of course a town based on Hollywood needs a film studio!
  • Options
    Keljah08Keljah08 Posts: 16 Member
    Hi everyone!
    I just started playing the Sims 3 after a few months hiatus because my late computer died.
    First game loaded since seems like forever in Riverview where I'm doing a Legacy Challenge following those guidelines:

https://simslegacychallenge.com/legacy-challenge-rules/sims-3-legacy-challenge-rules/

Pretty excited to do this as I have never completed the challenge yet. My best game was up to the 7th generation before it got ruined by a freaking bug!
  • Options
    And they are back in the game :smile:

K9wOKt9.jpg

and if anyone is wondering which world it is... I got Aura Skies :smile:

BTdmtHf.jpg

hsb3rWM.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Keljah08 , I love the feeling of starting a new legacy challenge. Good luck!

@king_of_simcity7 , I love your scenery pictures of Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited July 2020
    Page 3,921

Trying to be quick woke up too early have to water all my flowers this morning thought it was 5am it's only Three in the morning.Anyways hit awesome on you guys and gals updates

But

@emorrill Since you put that simmy girl picture you are forgiven o:) Perfect 100 score

@Evalen Holy moly :o You have been simming a long time,do you know how rare that Lord Sponge computer is I missed that myself personally and am quite jelly.You will truly impress me if you say you have the Sims 3 Fanta fridge.

@king_of_simcity7 That pattern grarr I looked through 65 pages of my studio till I found it took forever.

@Silverofdreams30 White haired sims <3

@bekkasan Them graphics tho...so crisp and pretty your Koi look like real ones.And how could you accuse me of such dastardly deeds :p laying in bed right now on my new laptop so cant put a pic of me making her non ghost.But she is cute and maybe just maybe if you were nice I would make you a pretty ghost sim. ;)

@Lucy_Henley There is no way I could control big families or all those kids and sims and run a daycare in game.Just in awe of simmers who can do it easily without being stressed out.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Keljah08Keljah08 Posts: 16 Member
    @PalmArrow Yes! It's pretty awesome, isn't it? Starting from scratch, eating and showering at the gym, diving into the dumpsters to sell the merch...That way you never forget the struggle you went through when you add the 3rd Jacuzzi in your now mansion!
  • Options
    @PalmArrow Thanks for the feedback :smile:

@CravenLestat i looked through your studio and I still could not find it lol

It is from 2017!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @bekkasan

Thank you.
    I hope you have a calmer work week this week.

@CravenLestat

Thank you hehe.

@king_of_simcity7

Great job with creating
    those sims again.

@MoonandStars83

Good you got to play again.

@PalmArrow

all the outfits are great.
  • Options
    Evangeline's last Sing-a-Gram job for the day was in one of the venues/clubs, so I sent Marcel and Gemma to meet her there.

iRn7kqr.jpg

Marcel took over the DJ turntable. There was no on else on the top level except his sisters, but they were happy to dance to his music.

l8KVqw4.jpg

Marcel leveled up high enough in the DJ skill to try a new interaction called something like "Get a groove" or "Make a groove". It went wrong, and Evangeline's expression shows it!

LgSdoPx.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Well, don't think I'm getting any play time in tonight. This picture is from one of our local weather stations and the storms have been causing up to 80 MPH winds in some places.

4VhBB3M.png
    Map tag is where the TV station is and when you see those red's and pinkish colors on radar, it's not a good sign. Luckily that is somewhat north of my area, although it could hit me. Right now I'm okay to be on the computer but hoping it stays away from here.

Will do feedback if I can after the storms are over but if not, it will be tomorrow.

When I see that, I'm glad I live in British Columbia, where the worst we get is a nice big blowing 90km/hr winter wind-storm. That's 55.92mph plus tax. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    @Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Two more pattern pictures:

CM1A4Cq.jpg

v7SBqLD.jpg
  • Options
    Eurosim_7202Eurosim_7202 Posts: 50 Member
    Ugchoku family save:
    Korry has adopted a child called Dominic, which I have aged up straightaway. Joel has been arguing with Shane about pocket cash. Troudy has got a job in the Medical department.
    Saroczky

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top