Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @sassygray5 , that's an amazing picture of the night sky! Your post reminded me that I really should try the ghosthunter career.

• Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,205 Member
    Few Random shots of Praven.

[img][/img]JU0ADTm.jpg

[img][/img]GY4xLjv.jpg

[img][/img]35uxcME.jpg

Liana, housemaid

[img][/img]TafQN81.jpg

[img][/img]2B8fSZ5.jpg

Heads of the castle

[img][/img]0JWF64D.jpg

Isobel their daughter

[img][/img]Fu1iQKY.jpg

Liana and the other worker at the castle so far

[img][/img]c4L3kvP.jpg

Family dog

[img][/img]ngnrJwa.jpg

Castle family

[img][/img]Lmr8Fzs.jpg

zzzz

All for now

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,128 Member
    Hey friends. :smile:

I took some more pictures of my dorking around in Praaven and in CAS that I'm anxious to share, but it will have to wait until my busy day is over. :disappointed:

Be on the lookout. :mrgreen:

;)

Happy Simming!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    @Mikezumi I got Nraas Vector mod to add more diseases.
    My first sim, Ruby Holmes, has the musician job at the theater and the hours are rough.

Played yesterday - Ruby went on a somewhat successful date with Jared this time. Curious how it will end.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The last time I posted this picture of Thomas's imaginary friend doll Jelly bean, I said I was going to monitor if he would continue moving around by himself.

Pqlgc16.jpg

He did! First I found him in the same place, but in a ballet pose:

XzrwYbs.jpg

Then he was doing the sad pose again, but in a corner of the nursery:

KUWNqnA.jpg

Thomas has aged up! His hair, eyes and skin are all from Tamsin, so it's likely his features are too.

1jh0sc7.jpg

6V9QHmU.jpg

euCoCGE.jpg

(He had a birthday party, but I won't post pictures because the guests were very rude - they all went upstairs and chatted on the landing, and only Tamsin and Stuart watched Thomas age up! I think something might be wrong with the routing in the house, because that wasn't the first case of sims behaving strangely in it.)
  • Options
    @Silverofdreams30 , your Praaven sims look beautiful!
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,205 Member

@PalmArrow

Thank you, cute toddler.

3 more screenshots

[img][/img]yokf83b.jpg

view from the castle

[img][/img]AiLuZEI.jpg

Archer taking a bath

[img][/img]YvLygIX.jpg

This guy Skip Taylor make cute kids

• Options
    Alrighty time for a random Praaven update from me everyone. :mrgreen:
    Pic heavy, so to help with loading I'll put some in Spoilers. :kissing_heart:

I am having SO much fun discovering this world and playing around in it sure feels like it's a whole other sims game and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. :grin: I can't wait to tell my old, teenage story again based in medieval times with this world! (It will be a while so sorry to make you guys wait. :( Plus I gotta finish up LJS which I don't plan on writing for much longer anyway. It's a short story. :) )

So you guys remember Gereint right? :blush: And his horse, whose name I think is Bucephelus? It's something like that. It was randomly generated in CAS.
    Anyhoo, here they are riding around exploring the world. :)
    (Naturally I had to capture the gorgeous mountain in the background. :love: )

More-P-1.jpg

Well no wonder Bucephelus is hungry, you need to scatter that hay Gereint! :confounded: (B doesn't like the hay from the hitching post. :p )

More-P-3.jpg

Yes, I know...medieval times required a lot of hard work and it's tedious, but you got this! :lol:

More-P-2.jpg
    Work it baby... :smirk:

:lol:

Back to Edit Town:

So the reason I've been working so hard fixing up this world (I heard there were missing doors and bad placement of spiral stairs and archways causing routing issues...) is because I want to perfect it, then save a copy of the perfected version for whenever I want to start up a new save. :mrgreen:
    That way it saves me time and energy having to fix routing issues again and again in a new save, ya know? ;)

So I've been going into each building and house (there are MANY! :confounded: ) and checking things out to fix any routing issues or missing doors I might find. I've also been replacing the mailboxes with one that looks medieval from I wanna say Dragon Valley? I didn't grab a pic of it. I should have...
    *This tip is particularly for you @Silverofdreams30 and @Karritz since I asked you two about it, and of course for the rest of you too. ;)

The way to replace an existing mailbox with another one in BuyDebug is this:
    -In build/buy mode type in testingcheatsenabled true and then type buydebug.
    -Go to the mailbox on the lot. Ctrl Shift click on it and then click on the option that says "Delete it." Bye bye mailbox! :p
    -Once that is done, go to Buydebug, pick out which mailbox you want, then plop it down onto the lot anywhere you want.
    Done! :smiley: Enjoy your new spiffy mailbox.

Alrighty, back to Praaven:

There are SO many spiral stairs stacked right on top of each other in a few, multiple story buildings in Praaven that I'm like: :weary: "That's gonna cause some serious routing issues!!!" Honestly, I don't know what the builder of this world was thinking when doing that!? I've been deleting them and using ladders instead (these were tight spaces). I hope it helps. :confused:

I happened upon this stair set up in many homes and thought, "I didn't know you could do this with stairs..." :confused:
    Have any of you seen this? And do you think it will cause routing issues as well?

More-P-4.jpg

Moving on...

With the enablelotlocking true cheat in place I was able to modify some of the gates and towers around the castle . :mrgreen:

I was able to put these "archer windows" I downloaded to good use and it filled me with happy. :blush:

More-P-15.jpg
    ^Once again keepin' it real my friends! :smile:

And I totally took this WA? floor lamp and made it 20% cooler by putting this rock texture on it. :mrgreen:

More-P-16.jpg
    "A-boo-ya!"
    pinkie-grin.jpg

I dunno about the rest of you that play in Praaven, but the castle looks drab! :dizzy: (Even the description of it says it needs a face-lift! :lol: ) And for my story I want the castle to stand out! To be beautiful! So I'm working on doing just that. :mrgreen:
    I got started changing the brick exterior to a brighter, grey color and here's a preview:

More-P-17.jpg
    ^Can you already see a difference? :smiley: Love!
    I'm going to look up how different castles looked during the 1200s-1300's (as my story is set somewhere in that time frame) and see what else I can do to spruce it up. #keepingitreal ;)
    I'll post the finished look later. :)

So I'm going along, jumping from house to house in Edit Town, fixing things up, tootaloo, and once this house loaded up I instantly freaked out! :scream:

Can you see why???

More-P-27.jpg
    ^Do you SEE her? :fearful:
    It was like I stumbled onto a ghost! I mean, she was in the right clothing too and I didn't create her!
    My fingers even shivered clicking on her to see what this "apparition" was! :flushed: (I wondered if it was some medieval mannequin CC)

:lol:

Turns out it was some market stand NPC lady... I was like, "Geeeeeeez! Don't scare me like that!"

More-P-28.jpg
    ^Those EYES! :flushed:

Kudos to the game though for putting her in period clothing. :star:
    But not for scaring the CR'AP out of me! :worried:

Anyway, when I got sick of doing that I went into CAS to check out some CC I downloaded :mrgreen: and try them out on a few sims.

I'm trying to get an idea of how I want my King to look in my future story. :) He won't be looking like this sim, forgive his hair..., but he was just the model for me while I played around with patterns and the color wheel.
    I'm thinking the Royal colors will be Blue and Red, but I haven't fully decided on that yet.

More-P-5.jpg
    ^This is a GREAT King outfit from the Store if you're not into downloading CC. :star: But it doesn't look like this as I added some medieval patterns onto it that I found. ;)

Hmmm...he needs something more. :confused: Like a cloak! :)
    More-P-6.jpg
    ^This cloak was pitch black so I played with some patterns on it. This is the first pattern I tried and I'm not sure how I feel about it. It matches too much with his outfit. :confused:

More-P-7.jpg
    ^Ooooh this blue! I like it! :love:

More-P-8.jpg
    ^Interesting........

More-P-9.jpg
    ^This one looks like fur! :smiley: Even though it's a stone pattern. :lol:

Ooooohhhh! :astonished:

More-P-10.jpg

Let me show you how SWEET this looks in the back!

More-P-11.jpg
    (Ok why did his crown disappear? :confounded: )
    Oh well...

Now let's give him a sword! :smiley:

More-P-14.jpg

Action pose sword! :lol:

More-P-13.jpg

Golly this was fun! :mrgreen:

Next I moved on to a lady sim to try out some more CC I downloaded for the ladies! :mrgreen:

I found this dress (linking it for you @GraceyManor ;) and anyone else who wants it. :blush: ) and thought it was SO COOL! Perfect for a lady villain or something. :p

More-P-25.jpg

More-P-26.jpg

It's got a strapless version and while that may not really be medieval style...I thought I would play around with some colors on it and...find a way to MAKE it look medieval if I have to! :p

Here's the color and pattern I threw on it to give it a more Princess look. :)

More-P-18.jpg
    ^I guess there's some clipping when you use lighter/pastel colors. :confused: But I get the feeling it won't look like that in LIVE mode. *crosses fingers*
    Not sure how I feel about that middle pattern....... ?

Now to give it more of that medieval fashion! :mrgreen:
    With this headdress! (Changed middle pattern to a solid color)

More-P-19.jpg
    ^More clipping, ugh! :unamused:

More-P-20.jpg

Or THIS one! <3

More-P-21.jpg

How about a crown? ;)

More-P-22.jpg

Or a train? :blush:

More-P-23.jpg

More-P-24.jpg

I'm thinking with the clipping, it might be better to stick with darker colors on this dress. But man that was FUN! :smiley:

Well that's it for my Praaven Random Gameplay. :mrgreen:

Hope y'all enjoyed and Happy Simming my friends!
  • Options
    @emorrill , I enjoyed seeing your preparations for your Praaven game. The king's cloak looks magnificent, and the veiled headdresses for the ladies too! I love that the game was helpful and generated a mediaeval sim for you.)

(The horse's name is probably Bucephalus - that was the name of Alexander the Great's horse. )
  • Options
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    @emorrill , I enjoyed seeing your preparations for your Praaven game. The king's cloak looks magnificent, and the veiled headdresses for the ladies too! I love that the game was helpful and generated a mediaeval sim for you.)

(The horse's name is probably Bucephalus - that was the name of Alexander the Great's horse. )

^Thanks @PalmArrow and I just learned something! :lol:

I was close on the guess!
  • Options
    ataraxialifeataraxialife Posts: 25 Member
    Alright! *does the member dance*

Now I can share some of the highlights from my game today.

First, how about I introduce the Tintin Sim I created for the game? He is the first 'fictional character-inspired' Sim I've ever attempted.

o15Ecrt.jpg

I think I did okay for a first time, and I actually got to put in a good bit of play today.

I married Tintin to Zelda Mae. Here's a picture of them about to create the first legacy heir, which I considered a special moment worth sharing:

Q7biNeU.jpg

Zelda's pregnancy went well. She gave birth to a boy. His name is Reese Haddock. Here's a picture of Tintin the proud father with the little adorable angel:

KRhRBKe.jpg

After the pregnancy, Tintin gained more promotions at the Bistro. I'll share some pictures of him in his work outfit tomorrow. I'll also post some pictures of the legacy home soon. I've decided to keep the same home for the span of the legacy.

Today I just wanted to share some highlights, and I gotta tell you guys- I love Sim baby pictures! You'll definitely notice.

I have just one more picture to share for today.

Here is Reese aged up to Toddler in the arms of Zelda:

D7ZIrze.jpg

I am so happy he got Tintin's carrot hair! I was honestly hoping he would since I like red hair.

I have decided that for this legacy game, the first generation should be considerably large.

I plan to have Tintin and Zelda produce a child for every time the legacy heir Reese ages up until reaching Young Adult (provided neither one of them meet an untimely demise).

Tomorrow I hope to share pictures of the baby Zelda is currently carrying, since Reese has aged up to Toddler.

Please, feel free to give me recommendations on kinds of pictures you'd like to see.

Happy Simming everyone!
  • Options
    @ataraxialife Welcome! :smiley: I enjoyed seeing pics of your game.
    Feel free to post your gameplay anytime. :blush:

I love Sim baby pictures too, as well as wedding pictures. <3 Oh and sims kissing is always nice to see. What can I say? I was born a hopeless romantic and always will be. :p
  • Options
    sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 I love your Sim and her hairstyle in the first few photos. I am obsessed with red hair.

@PalmArrow Your caught the imaginary friend in the act! I know I've seen mine move before too in toy form but have never really paid much attention to it!

@emorrill your Praven is looking great! Would you be willing to share your version of the town with the fixes and updates when it's complete? I'd love to play the world but I don't have the motivation for all that fixin up. :# But I totally get if you don't want to share it. Great creativity with what you've done so far. And that is SO creepy that you randomly found a Sim who just happened to be dressed for the period like that!

@ataraxialife yay member status! Cute family! Interesting idea with a new baby for each age up - I've never tried that.
  • Options
    jonny522jonny522 Posts: 179 Member
    @emorrill Wow you're world is coming along great, and I love the effort you're putting into making it all medieval and proper. I'd probably run out of patience :smile: .
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited July 2019
    @emorrill
    That is a beautiful dress, but I think I'm taking a break from Praaven, feels like a lot of people playing in it right now, I don't wanna overkill it.I won't be on the forums much anymore anyways.But thanks for sharing! =)

@sassygray5
    I have a copy of a fixed praaven.I shared it with emorrill and she added her own touches to it.If you'd like I can share with you.Just don't pass it around to everyone cause I didn't make praaven.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Keanu rolled a wish to fish before 6am.
    48219153271_fd78b88d79_o.jpg
    He caught a record-sized rainbow trout :)
    48219153126_79709f99b8_o.jpg
    The day before he had rolled a wish to plant stink juice. I let him do that before going home just to get it out of the way.
    48219152986_0678798309_o.jpg
    The family enjoyed Eggs Machiavellian for Sunday breakfast.
    48219152866_cd8c64c33d_o.jpg
    Mikezumi's waking wish was to play a game with Keanu so I let Shannon do the gardening on his own because there aren't many plants at the moment.
    48219201152_766bf557dc_o.jpg
    Keanu and Mikezumi are well matched athletically so it wasn't a brutal game :D
    48219152411_599f6a5b20_o.jpg
    48219152136_d45e989819_o.jpg
    Shannon had a wish to find seeds and I saw one very close to the house.
    48219151961_3d58790336_o.jpg
    I sent the family to the park. Mikezumi saw Violet Grimm and rolled a wish to give her a friendly introduction.
    48219200097_b7aa38c6ed_o.jpg
    48219151406_e994377c0c_o.jpg
    When Violet wandered off, Mikezumi joined her boys :)
    48219199612_23f4d29601_o.jpg
    Keanu introduced himself to Violet as well. More sims arrived and my game started lagging.
    48219150996_7b5098c995_o.jpg
    You can't see all the sims in this pic because the park is quite large but there were about 20 sims there.
    48219150611_e838dfbe44_o.jpg
  • Options
    Page 3574

@Karritz The CC table by Luna is great! I don't think I would have use for it but it certainly looks interesting!
    I always keep the fish for the Perfect Private Aquarium LTW in my sim's inventory as well. Having to feed and keep alive fish until they have caught them all can be quite tricky!
    Lovely rainbow!

@coco Ho and Hui's house looks great! I am not good with landscaping but I see nothing wrong with lots of plants and you've made it look so peaceful. I know I wouldn't mind sitting outside to read if I lived there :)
    Love the kitchen and dining area!
    Ah! I didn't realize the living area was right beside the dining area. It looks lovely too :)
    Julong is really cute as a teen! :)

@thuggishsplicer What a fun birthday party :)

@TadOlson Thanks for commenting :) My cat's name is Nyx but I seem to call her all sorts of things - nothing bad of course - and she always knows I am talking to her :)
    It could be useful to not have to use wall placement for the fire and burglar alarms!

@bekkasan Thanks for the nice comments :)

@Brandontaylor Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    I only used the whack a gnome because I wanted to see if kids could use it too.
    River was the brother of Joaquin. I imagine he was well before your time even though he was way younger than me :D
    I never let party guests stay as long as they want. I usually start MC'ing them home before it's time for my sims to go to bed :D

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the nice comments :)
    I am glad you had a good birthday :)
  • Options
    When the lag at the park became unbearable, I sent the family to Moonlight Point. Mikezumi immediately pulled out her multitab to read.
    48219198782_48f6317845_o.jpg
    When the boys started a game of catch, I sent Mikezumi fishing. She got her wish to catch every kind of fish (only 20 types of fish are needed for wish) with this Fairy Damsel.
    48219198572_cf3a1a2f10_o.jpg
    Keanu reached level 4 in athletics and I could see he was holding his own for the most part, although he did get a few beanings :D
    48219198427_53020d7393_o.jpg
    I went into map view and found River and invited him to join the family. His father, Pappy Phoenix (original name, I know ;) ) arrived first.
    48219149471_5cf332aa3e_o.jpg
    River arrived while Mikezumi was getting to know Pappy :)
    48219197812_07e3fc365f_o.jpg
    I had Shannon join the conversation so he wouldn't bother Keanu and River :D
    48219148986_eb16ef1f0f_o.jpg
    48219197402_de6f8806ca_o.jpg
    The boys ended up playing catch and poor River took a beating :D
    48219148686_d4cce5ffdc_o.jpg
    Mikezumi pulled out her multitab when Shannon wandered off to the foosball table.
    48219148501_ea5810ef27_o.jpg
    Pappy was going from window to window so I had Shannon ask him to join him.
    48219148286_0122a9f75d_o.jpg
    Mikezumi prepared fish and chips for dinner :)
    48219196377_a8a66ff2c5_o.jpg
    River and Keanu got in each other's way on their way to dinner and Keanu had to call River to dinner again.
    48219196202_50faf854d2_o.jpg
    Shannon boasted about his gaming skills. He must have won the foosball match :D
    48219147241_0306d68ca0_o.jpg
    Keanu and River watched the stars :)
    48219147056_b08f2680a5_o.jpg
    Shannon and Mikezumi did the same before going home.
    48219146901_31e7ba8716_o.jpg
    Keanu stayed after his parents had left and they watched the stars again before Keanu kissed River goodbye and went home to bed.
    48219195462_b1506ce408_o.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    @Mikezumi thank you. That table by luna comes with lots of other stuff. It is a fantasy pack and she had fairies and things. Lots of spooky trees and other woodsy decor plus chairs that match the design of the table and arches that form a circle made of similar looking sticks and things.

I used a few of the trees here to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.
    Ben012.jpg

Edith002.jpg

Here are a pic of the sims using the table with the chairs placed around it.

Reading004.jpg

It is really meant to be outdoors in a magical fairytale type forest. I have put the big ring together too. Just imagine it in a clearing with soft light and moss hanging down from branches of those fantasy trees.

Iian010.jpg

The stone picnic table came with the Celtic set that comes with the Gold version of Dragon Valley.

I've never had the patience to take the decor to the point where it is truly magical. But I do have plans to do something like this when I finally get my McFluff Story to generation 5 in the video series.
  • Options
    sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    @sassygray5
    I have a copy of a fixed praaven.I shared it with emorrill and she added her own touches to it.If you'd like I can share with you.Just don't pass it around to everyone cause I didn't make praaven.

That would be much appreciated @GraceyManor thank you!
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @sassygray5
    When I log into sims later I will upload it for ya.
  • Options
    Sunshine is a problem child and has been coming a few days. I have been calling Sunshine a her although I suspect he might be a boy despite the name :D Anyway, that's not the reason for this post. I just tried a new interaction that comes with reaching the top of the Daycare Career, "Talk about problems" :)
    48253934362_6403f8fa64_o.jpg
  • Options
    Keanu went on a field trip and Sophie Van Gould, one of Mikezumi's earliest toddler charges, also went. She's always had killer cheekbones! :D I saw that she aged up to YA at the end of my last session but I haven't given her a birthday makeover yet.
    48036158006_e61d951b50_o.jpg
    48253864011_c5759fdb06_o.jpg
  • Options
    sassygray5 wrote: »

@emorrill your Praven is looking great! Would you be willing to share your version of the town with the fixes and updates when it's complete? I'd love to play the world but I don't have the motivation for all that fixin up. :# But I totally get if you don't want to share it. Great creativity with what you've done so far. And that is SO creepy that you randomly found a Sim who just happened to be dressed for the period like that!

Thank you @sassygray5 :blush: And yes that was very very creepy! :flushed:

In Bold: For you I may just have to upload it on SimFileShare when it's complete. <3 (But yeah I'll have to remove it once you and others do so I'm not stepping on the creators shoes. :neutral: )

jonny522 wrote: »
    @emorrill Wow you're world is coming along great, and I love the effort you're putting into making it all medieval and proper. I'd probably run out of patience :smile: .

@jonny522 Aww, thank you. :blush: I'm having loads of fun and yeah I gotta make things look realistic or it drives me bonkers. :p

@emorrill
    That is a beautiful dress, but I think I'm taking a break from Praaven, feels like a lot of people playing in it right now, I don't wanna overkill it.I won't be on the forums much anymore anyways.But thanks for sharing! =)

@GraceyManor I'm sorry if I planted that worry in your mind about too many of us playing Praaven that people might get sick of it. :pensive: I didn't mean to cause anyone anxiety over that....
    Why won't you be on the forums much anymore? :( Getting too engrossed in that other medieval game you're playing :smirk: which I'm having a brain fart as to it's name right now. :confounded:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top