The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,730 Member
    edited March 2018
    pg. 2408
    @emorrill Andrea looks like she can't believe what she's seeing. Eddy cuddling with... another guy? :lol:
    @mikezumi The tree is starting to expand rapidly now :smile:
    Cocoa pancakes sound yummy! I didn't know you could make those. I guess that Beathan has gotten used to going for a stroller walk everyday, what will he do with his spare time now :lol: Jordan's Hello Kitty painting is cute.

pg. 2409
    @mikezumi It would be nice if sims sat together in the limo. To me it just looks as if they're avoiding each other lol. Aw another great-grandchild on the way!
    @Silverofdreams30 The townie looks much more presentable now :smile: I hope the thief didn't steal anything.
    Bree's prom dress is gorgeous!
    @aricarai Wow it sounds like you had a lot of freedom and flexibility to suddenly pack up and move countries! Well I hope you enjoyed your time here and maybe one day you can come back for a visit (and we can all have a simmers meet up :wink:). One thing that game is missing is the colour wheel, and a proper sorting system! I have avoided downloading cc because I know once I start it will be hard to stop. I used to love playing it but I just can't get myself to feel excited about it anymore. Congrats again on your subscriber milestone! :heart:
    @karritz I look forward to watching your video. I imagine it was no easy task to make it work but persistence definitely pays off :smile:
    @king_of_simcity7 Way to go Carla! I loved seeing her get angry with Warren :naughty:
    @Charlottesmom Coming from a girl who has never seen snow falling before, a foot of snow sounds amazing :tongue:
    Pearl's light purple outfit is so cute! So Thornton wanted to get to the "good stuff" but didn't properly acknowledge her feelings along the way? :disappointed: How awful of him to give Pearl the cold shoulder, making her feel like she was the one who did wrong. Thornton you plum :angry:.

pg. 2410
    @polrbear I just trust Overwatch and ErrorTrap to do their thing. Eighty cars is a good sign though. Imagine how much that would start to build up over time :open_mouth:
    @Charlottesmom Thanks so much for the comments! I'm guessing that you didn't like Misa Amane either? :wink:
    It was actually roulette that Clarissa played, such a fail by me :lol: I always have sims splash each other because I would have thought that it's a fun thing to do. I wish they didn't have such a grumpy reaction to it most of the time. I don't know what to do story wise with Clarissa and Clark yet. Maybe I'll do something a bit sad this time for a change.
    Omg the pixel art is awesome! Such a creative idea. Lol I know you don't mind Jared walking around in just his pants. Aww brotherly love :smile:
    @Avatarit Your record store looks awesome! I also noticed you have the video game shelf from TS2 in there.
    @king_of_simcity7 Poor Emily :cry:. Some of these guys are so twisted and hurtful in your stories.
    Good to see Penny again. I hope she and Emily are able to become friends once more. She needs to stay away from the guys though! I don't want to see her get hurt too :neutral:.
    @aricarai Cool new video! I'm behind on a few of Theo's updates. Must catch up tonight :smile:
    @lanlyn Rexel is very rugged and handsome :love: His formal wear reminds me of The Matrix haha. His Skyrim counterpart looks awesome :smiley:
    @HillyBeth I haven't heard of that graphical glitch before. I hope you are able to sort it out :anguished:
    @SimCaity Hi! Ivy might just be happier without Don in her life. Sounds like an interesting game! I hope Brinley and Denzel end up happy together :smile:
    @CravenLestat Lana has very seductive eyes :kissing: Very noir!
    @mikezumi I am very impressed that Fife is level 8 already! None of my kids or teenagers end up that highly skilled before they're adults. Flamefruits are very pretty and I like the moodlet that they give. Jordan has mastered the flying air kick :smile: Looks like another nice painting. It seems only a few days ago that Fife became a child :lol: Aw he got the same shirt as his grandpa :smile:

On my way to work this morning I had some crazy driver pull out fast of a side street right in front of me! I had to slam my foot on the break really hard other wise I would have hit him for sure. He drove out onto the road like I wasn't even there and it was such a close encounter that it left me shaking. I beeped him 3 times as did the car next to me which made me feel better. Considering it was only a few months ago that I had a car accident I'm glad that nothing happened. This guy even tried to pull into another lane even though there was a car right there! I was so livid after that. Whoever it was is probably going to end up hurting someone. :rage:
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @coco Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    Sorry about your close encounter :( I imagine I would be shaking like a leaf too, especially given your recent accident. Some people should NOT be allowed to drive! :#
    I'm glad you're okay *hugs*
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Here's a closer look at Fife now that he is a teen. I didn't check the face shape sliders so I don't know what he got from his dads but I do know he got Sam's eyes and Beathan's nose and mouth. As a child, I thought he had Sam's nose but I saw I was wrong when he aged up.
    40639627262_d91d12fa0b_o.jpg
    25810777677_2ffdfe99b0_o.jpg
    26810468338_0749dc5479_o.jpg
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,730 Member
    @mikezumi Thanks *hugs*. I could see him coming and I was thinking "he wouldn't... he's gonna stop right?", it's just very lucky I was watching him. It was a very close call.
    Yep that's definitely Beathan's nose and mouth. He's a cutie though. Can't wait to see him as a YA, and also to see how Euan will turn out. Beathan is staring right at us in the last pic. :smile:
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    @Mikezumi -- You made me remember I have some cocoa in my Sims' fridge... will have to have them make chocolate pancakes or waffles sometime! I hadn't even thought of that :lol:
    (I have the use any ingredient mod, so it's easy to play with ingredients that way).

Finally fixed up the Escobars' place... I did end up switching them with another house/household that already had more bedrooms. But still had to do a bit of redecorating to fit their family.
    Might do some more house-swapping in town. While I decide if I want to bother with making a family for Dante. :lol:

Also need to figure out why I keep having proms being called in all seasons, when I thought I had it set for spring-only. Back to the mod settings...

Side note: Lost power again last night. :confounded: Only for an hour this time. Apparently because of "ice." I think I will have to set my cellphone alarm, just in case... indefinitely.

Happy Simming @all!
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @lanlyn Come quickly !!!! An urgent message arrived from the castle and Sir Rexel was given an audience with the princess :o

Allow me to introduce myself,I am the princess Lady Marion63IeXlp.png

Father has asked me to choose a worthy suitor to marry and it seems you will do nicely ZERCNMP.png

I do hope this is to your liking my lord?? TsNCmtd.png

Am making her for you <3 If you want her let me know,she is a zero CC sim beauty for Rexel

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @coco Thanks for the comments :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,040 Member
    @CravenLestat Yes! I want Lady Marion. She's beautiful. Thank you so much!
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited March 2018
    @lanlyn Sent her,check your messages.Rexel be good to her :rage: don't be seeing dirty wenches on the side.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,942 Member
    The video is done and up.

https://youtu.be/xQYREabahSE

How to build a dive lot in the Sims 3.

How to decorate the dive lot will be the subject of the next video I make.

I'm a bit nervous about this one - so please let me know if you can follow it and make a successful dive lot.

Happy Simming and Happy Dive Lot Building
  • Options
    @Mikezumi Thanks for the comments :smile: I am at work at the moment so not any time to catch up but o lay two more days until I am free for the week :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,233 Member
    edited March 2018
    @Mikezumi He looks great as a teen, that pigtail hair is a curse indeed ugh.
    Great update.

They were inseparable at the prom and their photo is great. I followed audra to the first prom
    so this time it was Brees turn. I also had a pop up when she asked him to prom, he said " dont dump me before it" or something like
    that since another girl had dumped her boyfriend lol. Never had that pop up before.

@coco Thank you, I have to edit my townies always so take some time lol.

@lanlyn Your skyrim character looks really cool, not
    played that for ages now hehe.

@king_of_simcity7 Great updates

@CravenLestat Great screenshots

• Options
    @Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    I've recorded the video to show how to find things to place into the dive lots. Will try to put the video together tomorrow. It'll be fairly short.

I've decorated the dive lot in Sunlit Tides and my sims and a few townies have been exploring it.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @polrbear -I move them to an outside folder and keep renaming them to get the correct labels on them.
    @Emily4331 -It looks like you've been working very hard.
    @Karritz -Great update!It looks like you had to work hard to remember how to make dive lots.
    @emorrill -Great picture!
    @king_of_simcity7 -THankks for the comment.Great update!
    @CravenLestat -Great picture!
    @Mikezumi -Thanks for the comment.I have UC which is the only option for me to play TS2.Great update!
    @bekkasan -I love it though it's an override for the EA versions of the items.It actually fixes them so they are even more functional and can serve more than one purpose in an apartment situation.
    @Silverofdreams30 -Great update!
    @Charlottesmom -Great update!It might be time to see if you can get UC available and use that as it works on Windows 7 and 8.
    @imdragonit -Thanks for your comment.
    @Avatarit -Thanks for your comment.Great update!
    @MoonandStars83 -Great update!
    @lanlyn -Great update!
    @HillyBeth -I hope you get that computer set up to run the game and get it patched soon.
    @SimCaity -Hi there!That sounds like fun and I've got a 100 baby challenge to load up in TS3 in Storybrook COunty.
    @coco -It looks like you saw an driver who's a canidate for joining the army.They shouldn't have been allowed to drive like that.
    Here's what I did today in TS2 below.
    I was on a huge shopping spree last night and downloaded tons of new content for TS2.
    I added this new CC food replicator I downloaded to a community lot.
    39791633415_5d4f1b2ea0_c.jpg
    Here's the upstairs replicators of the Fargo service center.
    39976630814_186eaf7794_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    @TadOlson thanks. Yes it took a few days - especially to work out how I used to get them to enter and leave a dive lot without jumping up into the air as they crossed the boundary. I also did research. Watched other tutorials and searched for my old posts on this subject that I wrote back in 2013. It was my old posts that gave me the hint on which cheat I needed to use to do it. The other things I read and watched reminded me of things. I tried to do my own version of making a tutorial as I didn't see anywhere else that covered the way they could enter and leave the lot without jumping into the air. I had posted a few times about how to do it but people were asking me to do a tutorial so I did that. I didn't decorate the lot in the video. I'll do another much shorter video later - possibly tomorrow - to explain what needs to be done when decorating and then it's up the people who make their own lots to decorate them however they want to. I'm really tired now though as I've put about 3 or 4 days full time into getting this tutorial worked out and done and posted.
  • Options
    @TadOlson Thanks for the feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Also today is National Woman’s Day in the UK so later e pact to see some pictures of female Sims from me :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Having given it some more thought I think the real reason I made the dive lot build video is people were also asking me to share my dive lots and I didn't want to do that as I have so much CC and mods in my game and also it's really hard to successfully place a dive lot that wasn't meant for the exact spot in which it is to be placed. The levels are all wrong and you can easily end up with a huge mess. It would be so much easier to just make them yourself. Since so many people don't know how to do that and wanted to know how to do it I made the video.

I'm too tired now to do more so I'm shutting down for the night.

@king_of_simcity7 it's internation women's day here too. I hope you have fun with your sims.

Happy Simming all

• Options
    DancingstarDancingstar Posts: 31 Member

25gyl3t.jpg
    I wasn't completely watching my sims, I felt them on free will whilst I completed some wishes and...oops.

2q9gd9t.jpg
    I'm glad that Cosmo, Obsidian's spouse was gracious enough to finish updating the computer before she died.

Two deaths. In one play session.

Weellllll...it freed up some space for my future plans....that being a genie.

nwhpux.jpg
    Here is I-forgot-his-name post makeover.

2ppihb4.jpg
    and the Davidsons, that's their family name, have their own private graveyard now.

Hello, I'm Dancingstar. I run a Sims 3 blog!
    https://simdragon.livejournal.com/324.html

• Options
    LozziRawrLozziRawr Posts: 12 New Member
    I accidentally borked my sim, added a potential lover to the family to do the 100 baby challenege, and the game went haywire and turned my active sim into an NPC, good job I'd only just started! had to abandon the world and the sim :( started a new legacy file instead
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@CravenLestat Lana is very glamorous. Love the black and white artsy shots! <3

@Mikezumi Lovely seeing John come for a visit!
    That is a pretty glow from the plants. :)
    bummer that John disappeared before Jordan could get some lovin'.
    Jordan looks cute kicking at the practice dummy.
    Dag! Those pigtails.
    He's a handsome young man! Hair in his eyes1 I'm turning into one of those old ladies that want to get the scissors out, but, I still love long hair, just not covering a handsome face. :) My son will be getting his yearly buzz cut soon as the weather warms a bit more. That is too short!
    I think Jordan and Fife are wondering why they are watching tv when they could be playing catch. lol

@coco Sorry to hear about your scary encounter! Glad your reflexes saved you from an accident. So many careless people out there that have no business behind the wheel of a car. :(

@Karritz I will have to watch the video this evening, got to work today.

@TadOlson I love going on cc sprees!

@Dancingstar Sorry for your sims losing another family member. Cute genie!

@JayDann Well, that was a bummer start. Good luck with your retry.
  • Options
    @Karritz I am at work most of the day sadly but o have pictures I can share :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,040 Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't have time right now to give real feedback or share a proper update, but I wanted @CravenLestat to know that I've placed Marion St Claire in the household with Rexel Drake. They hit it off like a house on fire! <3

Here's one pic of the two of them.
    LWb1OMEr07ERItPmOreOvULTx3yElK2YNakPPHfib0jRrT-sxW5iMpqzilqAWVQiqE8cBV_WcdTPkNBIx_3yC1m4UaOJtnCeY69uiDjVTrk-yOv78EskG9i--HRsoh7IYNiEp95CoYEls8RjVkUvH4o8dOe8zGhMZugEC-ewfPvrEyM0axYhF0edxVp5ujodfuXalKuQ1UKeyzd4qFhIr7KUWaAvVyeEnd4WPGmlF_GMp45xXA1fzzPXb7l2zHaMJoIAGZJGIPgnpbJ_oLjbJjj_l5rdXxtNIdYC_-hkVfK5qnHbAg07MGBqnIo3sUg0Yg7PBebWbVZfz75sGQ27muA0Fl-OEAD83pVeV5B1DjFHyTifDN4yO1_DhJEcMIKRH-c6RbUE50z-MA8kXKcbRepaPEMdlN4vy6jrlt7L6gj6ulMT7Zglms19EBpHYhW0qkhsYNtf_q8YVe5c_ctykGRrfMoqlyLK_bUQaFX1kl-mP_J6CAs4Nt85wr44CvYqWAyEdxtXYJxdCDLDBTswFqgzhy4XTgOotSS-piciSDfRCr8MNtFnqUly-WTYemuTNL9XZrpOlag7MdE627qnXWTKJx3YHxfq79ZcBr3p=w1600-h896-no
  • Options
    I am on my break for a few hours so will share some scenery pictures from yesterday before I start my new thread :smile:

Moonlight in Roaring Heights

28616649_10155387297031497_6678095286784426485_o.jpg?oh=41876c560d1aa79cdfd02dba78dd2ef6&oe=5B079A7F

28616625_10155387297071497_4895990097635489359_o.jpg?oh=8792256345462f8d428f55dcd9941f13&oe=5B4D5D8D

28698539_10155387297181497_246065567486990620_o.jpg?oh=c7c0079788b614dbef32d828b4683240&oe=5B0ADBBC

28516062_10155387297191497_1755705646530312769_o.jpg?oh=40d2dd845bfd90d4ce01596dfc724f23&oe=5B0C4566

28616438_10155387297196497_2215099380319300368_o.jpg?oh=0c356a4a6daf07ffd55a3351e94b3405&oe=5B4890EA

28701313_10155387297301497_4137795996965882439_o.jpg?oh=f4a79e2a98f6866c3c8ee7aac4b0a465&oe=5AFFB7B4

28619595_10155387297331497_2603458193138950315_o.jpg?oh=baa88a74c4d54b5ad599d74a7001727a&oe=5B3A726B
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top