Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,935 Member
    edited March 2018
    Great news - when I followed all the steps methodically and carefully the dive lot I placed in Sunlit Tides works perfectly and she didn't jump into the air when approaching it. Will need to add a human sim next and test boats. Then I'll write down all of the steps in great detail and do it all again in another world and hope it is consistent. The best part is the offset used in the SetImportedTerrainOffset cheat is the same everywhere because it's the dive buoy you're moving down from it's default spot floating on the surface. IT needs to be down just a little bit.

So now I'll place my human and get him to boat to the dive lot and then get him to snorkel for a while.

EDIT: The boat worked perfectly - no leap into the air or sinking below the surface.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Guess what?! My sims 3 runs soooo much better on the desktop I inherited from my grandmother, but I can't update it from the 1.54 patch until I get an Ethernet cord so I can go online. Some of my mods won't even work anymore and there's nothing I can do about that for the time-being. My sims cancel any action I give them. Ugh!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Karritz -Great update!
    @indragonit -Great pictures!
    @coco -Thanks for the comments.
    @bekkasan -Thanks for the comment.
    @CravenLestat -Great pictures!
    @Nikkei_Simmer -It looks like a lot of work goes into storytelling in sims and I've had to do a lot myself including tuning Tempest.Great update!
    @Mikezumi -Great pictures!Great update!Thanks for the comment.
    @lanlyn -Great pictures!
    @king_of_simcity7 -Great pictures!
    @JackiMah -Hi there!Great pictures!
    @Dancingstar -Great update!I've had that happen before where they got bad outfits or bad acessories added to outfits.
    @plushtrap_107 -THanks for the comment.Great update!
    @gerefteast -Great update!
    @Silverofdreams30 -Great update!
    @Charlottesmom -Great update!
    @lisasc360 -THanks for your comment.
    @MoonandStars83 -Great update!
    @HillyBeth -I hope you get patched to 167 soon and can get back to playing again.
    Here's testing a new Mod I downloaded for apartment sims.
    Interactions of the Modded loveseat.
    38774611470_83ca2be8e2_c.jpg
    Here's a chairbed in buy mode.
    38774606750_9dff70086d_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,729 Member
    pg. 2404
    @Nikkei_Simmer Nice work on your sims video. I suspect by the time Haruo and River are elders, your video will be very long :smile: I have never tried Premiere Elements but it looks neatly laid out and easy to use. The only program I have used is Sony Vegas, albeit an old version of it that I paid for many years ago.
    @karritz Even if you don't plan to play in it, the work you have done is fabulous. I still love the effect you have made by changing the colours of the pool's lights. I think it's nice just as it is.
    @mikezumi So many gingers in one picture! :lol:
    That's a bit rough for Don and Daniella to kick out their teen children. At least Martin is certain to have a good life ahead of him with Elspet. Aw it's cute when toddlers don't want to get off the spring rider. Time to age up already huh. The boys still look beautiful, although not so much with the hair that the game originally chose for them :wink:. Haha I read the line as 'Elspet torturing Fife', instead of tutoring...
    @emorrill Sam has a beautiful singing voice. But hold on... how is he singing while his head is dunked under the water :open_mouth: Haha I hope you have sweet dreams :smile:
    @king_of_simcity7 Brrr very frosty yet tropical pictures :smile:
    @jackimah Nice job replicating the game :smile:

pg. 2405
    @karritz Thanks for posting pictures of your bakery. I don't think I'm ready to try and operate it myself yet but it would be nice to have a bakery lot that works well placed in town. I think that the one that came with the set looks nice but it's too big to be practical.
    I enjoyed seeing your dive lot in your video. It looks so dark and mysterious, especially with the deep holes you created. :smile:
    @dancingstar ....Interesting fashion sense lol.
    @gerefteast Aw the dogs are having a conversation, very cute. Lol are you just going to leave that sim up there? Adorable kitty!
    @plushtrap_107 Haha I guess Mars and Cyrus both have very different ideas on what words are ok to teach to a baby.

pg. 2406
    @aricarai Cute bird! I watched your Q&A video last night and loved hearing more about your personal life :smile: I think you definitely qualify for being well traveled. Did you say that you lived in Australia at some point? Your architecture skills show completely through your incredible builds. I was also amazed at how nice your CAS sim looked in TS2! I have the Ultimate Collection but haven't bothered to get any mods yet but it's tempting now. :smile:
    @king_of_simcity7 Nope, I don't think Warren is worth Carla's time :tongue:
    I just knew it. What did I say, that Carla is too good for him :wink:. Warren needs to find a hobby other than bothering girls I think.
    @Silverofdreams30 Poor Bree she looks so sad from being scolded even though she did the right thing.
    @Charlottesmom It makes me laugh that you think making a house is a simple and "brainless" activity :lol:. You have so much talent! It's really gorgeous. I would love to live there. Looks so romantic being able to eat dinner and just look out at the water below.
    Josh doesn't look the type to enjoy looking after 4 rowdy monsters :lol:
    Count me in as another big Black Mirror fan! :smiley:
    @Nikkei_Simmer Stunning picture of the sunrise! I hope Sandi's efforts are recognised and she doesn't get sent to military school. River is always in her nightie even when there's guests around :lol:
    @Mikezumi Congratulations to Jordan! He is undeniably surrounded by family now. If only John could have lasted as long :cry:

pg. 2407
    @Mikezumi Speaking of... it's good to see John again! It looks like Jordan was very happy to see his husband. Euan is very handsome, he has such striking eyes.
    Lol Jordan's expression after throwing a hard ball at Elspet... there's nothing wrong with a bit of tough love :lol:.
    Beautiful family photos. I don't know if you did it on purpose, but all the gingers are on the right and thee dark haired sims (plus Jordan) are on the left.
    @polrbear Wow the kitchen looks amazing. I love all the cc you used, especially the big island counter. Rose and Cid's bedroom is gorgeous too.
    @Nikkei_Simmer I think the painting is a filtered picture of the social bunny. You're right, it is creepy though. I've never seen the bistro haunted before! Congrats to Caitlin and Masatoshi.
    @CravenLestat Destiny has a cute face. I love Eliza Dushku :smile:
    @imdragonit Idora's orcs are pertfect! :smiley:
    @lanlyn Your builds are amazing as always! You always manage to capture the medieval and rural feel perfectly. Haha I can definitely imagine a couple of party animal lightkeepers.
    @bekkasan Wow 95 notifications! :open_mouth: Here's another one :wink:

pg. 2408
    @karritz Great work finding a solution. I hope it's consistent across all worlds too :smile:
    @HillyBeth Hi! Congratulations, it's always a nice feeling to play without any problems or lag. I'm sorry you're having a problem with sims cancelling their actions. If the problem persists after you are able to update your patch, you might have to ask someone over in the technical forums for help.

Happy Simming everyone :smile:
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    edited March 2018
    So after merging cc helped the lag but not the loading time, I was still searching for an answer.

I wish I'd got around to this sooner-

Moved my 5,400 screenshots out of the sims 3 folder and now it loads in 1/3 the old time.

It loaded up just now and I was dumb-founded for a moment. "It can't already be loaded ..." but there it was, I was staring at their house and everyone was in bed but the cat.
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,435 Member
    @coco. I love sunrises and I also love sunsets too. :D

https://500px.com/photo/1662151/steppin-out-on-the-jetty-by-falconrose-photography?ctx_page=2&from=user&user_id=83456

So it tends to carry over into my Sims 3 game... :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Thanks guys. Soon I hope to have a magical update. Lol. (the couple I'm playing are witches) Also, I'm hoping to be either in winter or Spring by the time I get back online, even though I just started tonight.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @polrbear Yeah, that'll do it. I always make sure my screenshots folder is clean of clutter.

@CravenLestat LOL No begging necessary, but it will take me some time to make it all usable in TS3. Not an overnight process. But I figured you'd want to see that a successful model ripping had occurred. :tongue: Luckily for both of us, she shows up very early in FF15! Thought of your request the moment I saw her lol.

I need to basically cut her assets into parts (that sounds very weird, I know). Plan currently is:
    -Hat/hair (they did not give her hair under her hat. Don't blame them, so the hat will always be attached.
    -Her full outfit (bikini, jacket, shorts, and utility belt.
    -Her goggles as an accessory
    -Her shoes and stockings kept together to avoid any clipping errors.

To note: if there are any other FF15 fans out there, I have the full game and DLC outfits. So I just might have to get some of the guys' snazzy clothes as well, but as I said before it will take time but be patient and I hope I can bring you guys something cool in the end. :smiley:

@imdragonit Hehe :3 Thank you!

@bekkasan It is Cindy, Cid's granddaughter, from Final Fantasy 15! Just came out today so I had to do some model ripping. :tongue:

I'll keep you guys update on my progress!
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited March 2018
    @coco Thank you she is a little fox and my sim is currently trying to corrupt her innocence in my torture dungeon,kidding o:) And started thinking today need to save my created sims externally so if ever decide to reinstall Sims 3 will have them all maybe a saved sims folder.

@aricarai Should have known from your cute voice and bubbly self you would pick a colorful bird.Grrrrrr should have put my guess in a spoiler.Will remember next time though.

@Emily4331 But I like begging :rage: and demand you beat me with a ruler next time I come off as pushy or demanding.

Now hurry up !!!! :smirk:

And Cindy is hott my sim needs her little southern babies.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Well, progress has been made on fitting it to the sims female body. This is the least hard step, honestly, as long as one knows the fundamentals of reshaping objects in blender. :lol: So it isn't some huge feat, but it is progress nonetheless. Cindy is a bit longer and slimmer than the TS3 base ladies, but I gotta give props to Square - they disconnected her arms from her base jacket, so it's a bit easier for me. :lol: Thank you, based Squared :heart:

So here's a progress pic:
    H4h5RNa.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @TadOlson thank you.
    @Coco thank you. I think I'll remove one of the lights over one of the corals as I do want some of the depths to be truly mysterious.

As for the bakeries. All the pics I posted are of bakeries that are in my studio and there is store content but no CC in any of them as I didn't start adding CC or mods until much later.

I usually just place bakeries and savvy seller stores to have somewhere to send my sims. When a Sim visits the locals flock to the lot so it is fun. You'd probably need the cupcake mod to keep a bakery stocked if you're not running it. But the cupcake mod will crash you game when you're trying to boot it up if you don't have the bakery set installed.

I'm loading Cake Island now - it's a clean new copy. I'll see if the dive lots work there too and also test my script for the step by step instructions. I think I've got it all worked out now. This is just checking.

I've got 26 steps written down and I added a few extras so it could be as many as 30 steps just to get an working empty dive lot into a world.

Once I've got this video done I'll take it a step further and do another one on decorating the dive lot and then placing a decorated dive lot. That will have it's own set of potential bombs and issues to cause mayhem for anyone trying to do it and I'll try to provide a few workarounds.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    I tested adding a new dive lot to Cake Island and no mermaid or boat entered the air or vanished beneath the waves as they crossed the lot boundary. They did, however, do a tiny sideways wriggle. I suspect I can live with that as you really have to be watching closely to see it.

So I'm going back to Sunlit Tides now and I'll make the video.

I'll let you know when it's posted. There's at least 30 steps so I'll only make the dive lot. I'll do another video to decorate it. I think anyone using the video to make the dive lot will need a break and maybe even a little lie down before tackling the decoration of the new dive lot.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,141 Member
    Oh mylanta! :lol:

I just have to share this before bed!

@Charlottesmom @Mikezumi @polrbear and the rest of you Eddy Mullis fans.......
    :smirk:

As I was replacing the broken picture links in my Holland Family Story I stumbled upon this picture and laughed out loud because look at the way Eddy was swinging in this save! :lol:

Andrea_college_78.jpg

And I totally had nothing to do with it! I was just playing as my sim, Andrea Holland at Uni! (She was quite surprised to see those two cuddling like that. :p )

And this was way before I even knew how sexy Eddy Mullis is. :love:

Anyway, just thought I would share. :blush:

I'm almost done replacing all the broken picture links! WOO HOO! :star:

Happy Simming!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited March 2018
    @bekkasan Thanks for the feedback :smile:

@TadOlson Thanks for the feedback and nice updates :smile:

@coco Thanks for the comments :smile:

@lanlyn Nice to see that you are back with updates :smile: I love the medieval looks :smile:

I will comment again later when back from work and will share my final pictures from yesterday :smile:

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @coco Destiny is wayyy!!!! cute, here is her in a different hair.You cannot say no to a face like that "Can we cuddle pweassse" YESSSSSS Dear Gawd yessssss

f02XIUI.png

Post edited by CravenLestat on

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Page 2407

@king_of_simcity7 I thought it was funny seeing John diving as a ghost because he was never into physical activity when alive. I left an empty easel for him and there is a new piano but he didn't go near them.
    Thank you :)

@polrbear Love the converted garage/basement :)

@plushtrap_107 Thanks :)

@Craven_Lestat Destiny has a cute nose! :)

@imdragonit Great pic of Idora and her minions!

@lanlyn The remodels look amazing! I particularly like the Inn Haven and could see myself living there! :)
    Lovely to see your sims again :)
    I'm glad the crashing stopped :)

@Emily4331 Sims is the only game I play so am not familiar with that outfit but it looks great! Can't wait to see what you do with it :)

@bekkasan Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    I will wait until the boys are teens and see how they interact with the partners I have chosen for them before I decide who will be heir. I might even have a vote ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @Mikezumi :love: We have the same eye for things,the nose was the focal point in making her and my favorite thing about her too.It goes with the pout and makes her look like a girl who gets her way.Just posted a new pic of her in different hair.

@Emily4331 You are not going fast enough...ooops silly me

Here ,be gentle

1hKbR52.jpg

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Page 2408

@HillyBeth Glad your grandmother's computer runs the game :)

@TadOlson Thanks and great update :) I must try TS2 again some day :)

@coco Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    Fife probably thought it was torture. I know I wouldn't have wanted to be tutored when I was a kid ;)
    I didn't even think of hair colour when I organized the family for the family shots. I tend to place them according to age but with Jordan being the lone elder and Elspet being the lone teen, it made sense to put them together. The rest follow my usual formula.

@polrbear That reminds me that it is time for me to move my screenshots again. I tend to move them to another location when I have about 4,000 but sometimes I forget and it gets as high as 7,000 before I do it.

@emorrill What fun to find a pic of Eddy :) I often see sims cuddling on community lots even when there is no relationship other than friendship. That looks like his roommate Ronnie Blackstone.

@CravenLestat I might not like playing females but I have a good eye for beauty - probably from years of seeing myself in the mirror before old age robbed me of mine ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @Mikezumi Speaking of aging enjoy...

A girl from zero to eighteen years old time lapse in 5 minutes..is real

https://boingboing.net/2017/11/06/filmmaker-creates-a-time-lapse.html

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @CravenLestat That was great! I had seen something similar once that my sister shared with me.
  • Options
    I didn't remember that I had fixed up Artair's second daughter when she aged to YA so was surprised when I saw she had given birth but she is definitely a YA and I blame the dozen birthdays I have to attend to each night for my forgetfulness ;)
    39958035364_db81872345_o.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Mikezumi Maybe ghosts change thier interests when they die?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    When I got the Bohemian Garden set I thought it would be great to make pancakes with cocoa because I used to make my boy pancakes with choc chips every Sunday. Normally, if I want pancakes made with a particular fruit, I would put the fruit of my choice in the sim's inventory and they would use it. When I tried with cocoa, my sim used an apple from the fridge :# Recently I had Sam cook some pancakes and I didn't put any fruit in his inventory because I didn't care what he used and he chose cocoa! A couple of days after that, Beathan did the same. At least I got some cocoa pancakes eventually :p
    26796507638_75185d2462_o.jpg
    Jordan woke with a wish to water the plants. I let him water one to get his wish. Sam had a wish to grow a perfect quality plant so I had him plant a potato seed.
    39958004214_81bb92925d_o.jpg
    Elspet's waking wish was to finish a book so I gave her the recipe for ratatouille. Beathan's waking wish was to use the stroller - not happening! Fortunately he rolled a wish to play a game with Euan :)
    38857576530_84b8845e62_o.jpg
    Brutal! and he only has 6 athletic skill points!
    25797219917_7c14e6d472_o.jpg
    Fife rolled a wish to play catch with grandpa :) He also got a good beaning :#
    40625760422_1aab73f48d_o.jpg
    Jordan has a wish to reach level 6 in painting so I took a pic of his recent painting before he started a new one.
    25797217817_9df7294322_o.jpg
    Sam and Beathan broke the hot tub! I gave Sam some radical reparum thinking he could fix it this time. The repair option wasn't available to him because he had no handiness skill. Fortunately the effects of the potion lasts an hour so I had him read a logic book and then repair it :) I did cheat by giving him the hidden blocks skill so all he had to do was open the book ;)
    38857569520_f4290af6b8_o.jpg
    25797215137_35d05cdccc_o.jpg
    Elspet had a field trip to the Mausoleum. Jared Frio's son, Jason was chaperone. The girl sitting next to him is Joline Valquist.
    25797210107_0cbe29ce6e_o.jpg
    Martin and Brenda Lothario also went :)
    25797207797_c5e5fe5c2d_o.jpg
    Jordan rolled a wish to take a photo with a friend :)
    38857561870_307863a4a8_o.jpg
    Elspet got home early because of the field trip. It was good that Martin also went on the field trip because it was Prom night and I have had dates come too late because of after school activities.
    25797199097_9559b554c6_o.jpg
  • Options
    Elspet came home with a wish to paint. I had her change into her formal outfit so she would be ready when Martin arrived. Martin chatted with Jordan before they left for Prom.
    25797195967_14b565bfc8_o.jpg
    39957973194_1311d72eda_o.jpg
    The boys got home late because of Scouts. I had them do their homework before Jordan took the family to dinner.
    38857552700_c9b606cfe9_o.jpg
    Jordan interrupted the boys for a chat. He wanted to boast to Sam about his good looks :)
    38857550740_78175d9d4a_o.jpg
    When the boys finished their homework everyone squeezed into Jordan's car :p
    26796408448_8ffe38b8da_o.jpg
    I only sent them to the Diner because the Bistro takes longer and they had a party to attend.
    38857546100_7c06242c79_o.jpg
    They went straight from dinner to the party which was thrown by Jordan's granddaughter, Liana :)
    26796403648_82e55805a7_o.jpg
    When I saw Liana and Reggie's (Jared Frio's grandson) daughter, Jess, on the floor, I quickly went into buy mode and bought them a crib. Reggie immediately picked Jess up and put her in it :)
    38857540670_3ec3209f5c_o.jpg
    Fife and Euan chatted while Sam and Beathan watched the stars. Jordan was inside preparing sushi.
    26796396448_c19afe7297_o.jpg
    Jordan completed one of the cooking challenges with this dish :)
    38857536270_6765a64202_o.jpg
    Grandpa Cliff also came :)
    26796390818_699684db8e_o.jpg
    Jordan introduced himself to Reggie. I saw Liana get her notice in the background :)
    25797177267_9ce42ac8de_o.jpg
    Elspet got home after the family had gone to bed and ate a salad before going to bed herself.
    40667835791_d0d278216b_o.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top