The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Page 1602

@emorrill Great update! Emma was very insightful or perhaps God was talking through her!
    Emma really is Sam's rock!

@ZhakiraP Sorry I don't know your kids' names but I think, perhaps, you might have chosen the girl in the white blouse as your heir.
    Love the toddler pics :)

@king_of_simcity7 I don't have IP so the all in one bathrooms are not available to me but I find showers to be fast enough, especially since I play with Relativity anyway. Thank you :)
    Nice udpate! Cute seeing the zzzzz's from outside the building :p

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you :)

@bekkasan Thanks for the lovely comments :)
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    Hey gang. I received an 8th year badge today. I didn't realize I've been playing that long!

I've had some time, mostly because I'm feeling overwhelmed by life and when I play SIMS, it calms me. I created a cute teenager. At least I think she's cute. I've got an idea how I want to play her story out, so I'm just goofing around. Here's a picture of her in her Prom Dress. She just recently aged up to YA and I've sent her off to college. I named her Althea. I was listening to the Grateful Dead song by that name and I thought 'Hey, why not!" LOL

Screenshot-3_zpsslgnlngx.jpg
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    Page 1603

@Silverofdreams30 Glad you got your Skyrim fixed! I have never tried it but I have watched my son play.
    Thank you :)
    Congrats on adding Thornton to your family :)
    Great update :)

@Charlottesmom I left a comments on your thread :) Adorable puppy <3 I bet you can't wait to get her!

@lisasc360 What an adorable bird! I am sure she will bring you and your husband much joy :)
    Thank you :)
    I get annoyed when my gnomes turn on the TV or stereo but that is a cute pic :)
    Congrats on your SS's hit :)
    Great update :)

@Karritz Have fun with the Tomb collections!
    Sorry about the cold. I hope you feel better soon.

@PalmArrow I might try TS4 one day but it will be a while off as I still have EPs for TS3 that I haven't tried. Nice pictures :)

@king_of_simcity7 Great pics of Bridgeport :)

@MamaSimTee Congrats on your 8th year badge! :)
    Have fun with Althea :)
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @Mikezumi:

I forgot to comment a few pages back, but I saw a picture of one of your Sims taking a bath and it reminded me of something that happened when I was playtesting my latest build.

One of my testers was taking a bath and I totally forgot that I had the Decensor mod! Needless to say, I was SHOCKED! I was like my eyes, my eyes! I won't be making that mistake again! :joy::lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @aricarai It's one thing having the decensor mod but I am also wondering if you have another mesh there that would have shocked you as there is nothing shocking about Ken or Barbie ;)
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @aricarai It's one thing having the decensor mod but I am also wondering if you have another mesh there that would have shocked you as there is nothing shocking about Ken or Barbie ;)

Uh-o!! What in the world do I have in game?! I saw female details and I was like OHMYGOD!!
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    @ZhakiraP That house is actually a pre made House from Bridgeport that is a top floor apartment :smile:

Really? I must´ve completely overlooked it. :)
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    @Mikezumi That would be Cleo, Christopher and Charlotte. I chose Christopher. No more female heirs for a while I hope, I´m with you on that one :p

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you :)

@lisasc360 Thank you, cute bird :)
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,942 Member
    @Mikezumi thanks. I do feel better but not completely over it yet.

Here are the promised pictures of my newest household who live in Appaloosa Plains.

I didn't take much time over making them so I mostly only bothered with their everyday outfits - so whenever they change outfits they surprise me. I ended up taking one of them into CAS because I didn't like the hair he kept changing into. I picked short hair for his everyday outfit and he had a long ponytail for everything else. I took him into CAS using the mirror and clicked the lock to make that one hair his only hair for all outfits.

Felicity - she surprises me whenever she changes outfit - I'd never seen this one before.
    Felia.jpg

Felia002.jpg

Felicity is Clumsy, Easily Impressed, Ambitious, Adventurous, Irresistible & she got Genius as an extra trait. She wants to be a Monster Maker so will need to find at least 3 heart shaped pink diamonds at some stage to achieve her LTW. It is a LTW I've never achieved yet as I rarely make a sim with this LTW. She's only level 1 in inventing so far and is in no need of diamonds of any sort yet.
    Felia003.jpg

I told her to go fishing as she had an adventuring requiring fish. I found her on this island near the market in China
    Felia004.jpg

Felia005.jpg

They have a garden in their bottom basement. It is a long narrow basement because they aren't rich enough to make it fit the whole lot. They hire gardeners but the household sims garden until they get to level 10 in that skill. I don't think any of them have made it to level 10 gardening yet.
    Garden001.jpg

This is Hazel. I put a bit more effort into making her.
    Hazel is Neurotic, Brave, Gatherer, Adventurous, Nurturing & she got Computer Whizz as an extra trait. Hazel wants to be a Seasoned Traveler - reach level 3 visa in all 3 destinations.
    Hazel001.jpg

Hazel002.jpg

Hazel003.jpg

While playing this game I got asked to help with someone who wanted to know if sims can windsurf in worlds other than Isla Paradiso. I have had them windsurfing in other worlds but wondered if they could windsurf on a river. So Hazel when windsurfing in Appaloosa Plains.
    Hazel004.jpg

Hazel005.jpg

Hazel006.jpg

Training with the martial arts equipment they bought in China
    Hazel_And_Zane001.jpg

Hazel_And_Zane002.jpg

Walley was the fastest made sim of all. I had to change his hair though as he only had this hairstyle for his everyday outfit and he had a long pony tail for all others. He now keeps his short hair for all outfits.

Walley's traits are Equestrian, Green Thumb, Brave, Adventurous, Charismatic & he got Handy as an extra trait. He wants to be an Alchemy Artisan. He may have read an Alchemy book but he has no equipment at home so far so can't do much to work towards his LTW at this stage.
    Walley001.jpg

I discovered he prefers to travel by Llama when I saw him like this
    Walley002.jpg

Walley003.jpg

Walley004.jpg

Walley005.jpg

Zane's traits are Disciplined, Handy, Brave, Adventurous, Angler & his extra trait is Genius. He wants to be a Seasoned Traveler.
    Zane001.jpg

Zane002.jpg

When in France I sent Zane to the Nectary to try to enter the rooms they can get into without needing an adventure. I went to see if he'd revealed a hidden door and found him in this location. It seems he somehow teleported into one of the tombs. I allowed him to pick up a bit of treasure but left the keystone he found where he found it. Just in case. I teleported him out of there.
    Zane003.jpg

Hopefully they will get back into that tomb as part of their adventure soon. That is the tomb I couldn't get into in my Isla Paradiso game.
  • Options
    @aricarai You probably have a skin with anatomical details painted on. I wouldn't be too concerned. If it had been a male and you saw more than painted details, then you would probably have more in your game than you want ;) Although that is what I see when my boys are in the bath :p

@ZhakiraP I would totally have chosen Christopher for myself but I was trying not to "project" ;)

@Karritz You are probably a lot warmer than where I am but a cold is a cold and they always make us feel miserable. Glad you are starting to feel better :)
    Great pictures! I particularly like the water shots :)
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Hi there,

Angel's first week is up. He survived it and with a attractive interest. He is unflirty but I plan on seeing if he succeeds. Wish him luck
  • Options
    Beau and Lotta

Day 7 - Part 1

It's Saturday and I have decided that Tristram will have his birthday a day early so he can enjoy the full weekend. Beau got him up and ready for the day.
    35375000986_400563a71e_b.jpg
    By the time he had played with and fed Tristram, Lotta had already started on her breakfast.
    34604720313_6b93b665cc_b.jpg
    Since sims normally gravitate towards each other, I was surprised when Beau took his plate into the kitchen.
    35374998416_6d888b03e0_b.jpg
    With the help of Debug Enabler, the garden has been producing plasma fruit a little faster than would normally happen. Beau whipped up some plasma fruit crepes. It was perfect quality :)
    34604715813_0af6ef8710_b.jpg
    While Beau was cooking, Lotta took Tristram for a stroll.
    35374995626_99835eb66b_b.jpg
    While on their stroll, Lotta rolled a wish to put Tristram on the spring rider :)
    35414327165_50da11cd98_b.jpg
    Beau also had a wish to take Tristram for a stroll, so I allowed him a short one.
    35374992396_12cdbcdf92_b.jpg
    When they got home it was time for Tristram's birthday :)
    35414322655_7c0563754a_b.jpg
    35414320835_c3a72e380a_b.jpg
    I was worried that Tristram might be plump but when I took him into CAS I realized it was just his outfit.
    35414319245_909aefd158_b.jpg
    Much better :)
    35414317765_c69a9b5bec_b.jpg
    I had thought that Lotta and Beau were woohooing but when I came out of CAS I realized that Lotta was cheering on her son's birthday :)
    The last time I played a vampire family, I noticed that the parents would take a huge hit on their fun bars when their kids were aged up. I had forgotten about it until I saw that Beau had rolled wishes to buy a dartboard, a hottub and some other fun object that I can't recall.
    35414316445_fdb4b74ee2_b.jpg
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,149 Member
    :star: Feedback! :star:

@ZhakiraP Shirtless Richard dancing? I'll take that. :p:love:

@king_of_simcity7 Thank you. :)
    *It's been freakishly hot here in Utah too lately....I think the radio said it was going to be a high of 95 today! :warning: Yuck!

@Silverofdreams30 Your Thornton is so dreamy! :love:
    Thank you for the sweet compliment on Sam's update. <3 Glad you loved it!
    And yes, shirtless Scott Bakula...Rawr! :love:
    :lol:

@bekkasan Thank you lady. <3 Like I said on Sam's thread I knew you #teamEmma ladies would love this update! :mrgreen:
    So, what did you think of Emma's thoughts behind Sam's leaping??

@charlottesmom Oh yay! You have another update posted! :smiley: will have to go read it pronto after this!
    Your puppy is so stinking cute!!!! <3 Daughter said she wanted to squeeze her because she's so cute! ;)
    Love the siggy pic of Connor. :lol:

@lisasc360 AWWW! Birdie! <3
    Thanks. :) Glad you enjoyed the update. I gotta ask: Are you on #teamEmma too or no? :p
    *Pretty stray kitty. <3 Did you add it to your household since it was sitting there in the snow all cold...? :(
    *I'd give anything to make money as a published writer... :)

@Karritz Sounds fun!! :smiley: Darn those game crashes... :confounded:
    *Pretty pics of your Sim characters. :)

@PalmArrow I agree with what you said here:
    Sims 4 looks to me like a similar, but simpler and a little watered down game (I felt like playing a Facebook game, and I remember that others said the same thing).
    And hey, if it's simple enough for you to play after work to de-stress then that's wonderful! :)

@Mikezumi Lady you do NOT looking ANYTHING like that girl @CravenLestat posted! ;)
    Thank you for the sweet comments. <3
    God talking through Emma? Yeah, I would have to agree with that. ;)
    I hope no one thought I was bragging about myself when I wrote in that Sam didn't realize how amazing of a person Emma is... :grimace:

@MamaSimTee Oh girl, when life overwhelms me, The Sims 3 calms me too! <3 It's a great outlet.
    I LOVE Althea's Prom dress! :grin:

@msbeckycat I'm going to go check out your blog again. :)

All caught up! Man, giving out replies is so much easier to do during the weekdays! :p

Thank you all again for reading Sam's story and expressing your compliments and thoughts about it. Like I've said before it just warms my heart. <3 {{{{Hugs}}}}

Happy Simming!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    donnabaileydonnabailey Posts: 683 Member
    Hey everyone

My son and his family left yesterday and I've been trying to recover a bit, as I'm not used to trying to keep up with a pair of active 20-somthings and a VERY active 5yo LOL. I've managed to keep up with the thread and have read everything and passed out likes and awesomes. I'll start with feedback from this point because the idea of trying to catch up on a week's worth of posts gave me a mini-panic attack. :smile: Great updates everyone, it's good to be back, I've missed it. :heart:
    Appaloosa Plains Townie Makeover Project!

The Claw Machine Diaries Challenge

Though nothing can bring back the hour
    Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
    We will grieve not, rather find
    Strength in what remains behind
  • Options
    @emorrill I am thinking you must have missed a page because you didn't comment on my shirtless males!
    I didn't think you were bragging about yourself. I understand that Emma is not you but Sam's friend in your story :)

@donnabailey Welcome back! Glad you survived your visitors ;)
    Don't worry about catching up - I know I certainly don't expect it :)
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,149 Member
    @emorrill I am thinking you must have missed a page because you didn't comment on my shirtless males!
    I didn't think you were bragging about yourself. I understand that Emma is not you but Sam's friend in your story :)

@Mikezumi YES! I realized I missed a page right after I hit "post comment." :expressionless:

I'll be going back and reading as soon as I can. :)

And thanks. That's good to know. ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Beau and Lotta

Day 8

Without a toddler to get ready, the family were able to get downstairs at the same time for breakfast :)
    35415527735_dbe0b7a36d_b.jpg
    Beau had a wish to read a pregnancy book and Tristram joined him autonomously after having played outside for a while.
    35376143186_fa1c216fea_b.jpg
    Beau's most recent painting - I don't like it at all! Looks like a kid's painting.
    35415525255_e01a567c71_b.jpg
    Tristram had a wish to up his logic skill. Beau kept him company. Beau's LTW is Renaissance Sim so he is happy to work on any skill :)
    34605952353_c166242718_b.jpg
    Lotta got her notice :)
    35285923381_6a6de99393_b.jpg
    While playing chess, Beau rolled a wish to buy a costume chest. As soon as I bought it, Tristram rolled a wish to dress up :)
    34605948643_51ae37ddd2_b.jpg
    35285921561_d3c302f539_b.jpg
    This triggered a wish to play in costume :)
    35415519875_a9802e05f1_b.jpg
    I heard music but the stereo was off. I had forgotten there was a small room on the third floor but Tristram had found it and was dancing to a small stereo.
    35249006752_3b72a046e9_b.jpg
    The family had dinner together.
    35248997122_3c6e76d20d_b.jpg
    Beau had a wish to increase his mixology skill so I had him work on that after dinner.
    35028483420_a228cb96ea_b.jpg
    35248994782_a2bd345e77_b.jpg
    When he got to level four, I let him go and he went straight for Lotta :)
    35376125236_388395ceed_b.jpg
    35248992712_6b72a68ffc_b.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Charlottesmom The puppy is adorable! I know you guys are excited about bringing her home.

@Silverofdreams30 I enjoyed the update! yummy pics of Thornton and Ava. The look perfect for each other.

@lisasc360 The baby bird is adorable! I love that she got up and attached to you right away. Love at first sight. :) It was great to see you SS again. Cute gnomes watching tv and playing in the garden.

@karritz Your world adventure sims sound like fun. I like AP very much. The first time I played it after I got Pets every other lady in town was preggers. This was before I started using mods and was still using SP from EA. My sim was a YA, single and cat crazy. I'm sorry you've had a cold. Hope you feel better soon. Great pics of your new sims starting their adventures and home life. I've started deleting the llamas from my worlds when I play the ones that have them. They interfere with Nraas go here mod, so no more tragic clowns unless I have a witch that does alchemy.

@PalmArrow I liked a few things about Sims4 too, but, too many frustrating things that bugged me to buy it. Good luck with it.

@king_of_simcity7 Great pictures of Bridgeport. Got the hot thing going on here too. Our AC broke this evening. :(

@aricarai I'm dizzy!! lol Wow...that is just amazing and I want the hammock info.....please, pretty please :) I do like the way you used the rocks in the build. It does add a lot more interest to the lot.

@MamaSimTee She's beautiful. Congrats on the 8th year badge.

@msbeckycat Angel seems to be doing very well with his job and life so far. :)

@Mikezumi Tristram is much cuter with the new hair. :) Nice party pics and that is strange the couple didn't know each other, but were all over each other. Cute pic of Tristram making potions. The painting is a bit creepy, Medusa like with snakes for hair. ugh! Oh...baby...fingers crossed for ghost baby.

@donnabailey Nice to see you back.
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    @bekkasan his life is about to be turned upside down in next chapter...need to write it
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    *Reading and looking at pics while slowly trying to wake up* Thanks for the comments. :smiley: Oh, a music video. Gotta listen.

I'll post more later. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    aricarai wrote: »

Uh-o!! What in the world do I have in game?! I saw female details and I was like OHMYGOD!!

I have Decensor and...uhm... adult skins, meshes and animations, and if need be, it's great that there's a mosaic filter in Photoshop (let's call it a re-censor! :lol: ) I just think it adds more realism and makes the game more fun. It doesn't fit with my pics and storytelling, but it's so nice to have options. :smiley:

cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @msbeckycat -That sounds almost like my browser yesterday.It went nuts and glitched out on me.I found out that the latest Firefox is bugfest 54.It's obvious they broke it after v39 which is the version I'm using.
    @emorrill -I've got to get into Deery Meadows and get them past spring.Great update!
    @DyingLight -Hi there!Great update!
    @Cororon -I've been making a CAS overhaull Mod to fix the bad caspart assignments.You've done a great job with your pictures!
    @Kaylie883 -I had a glitch with your video though I managed to get to it on YouTube and should be able to watch it later.Thanks for your comment.
    @Lime -That sounds like your game is in need of Mods.
    @bekkasan -Thanks for the comment.
    @Mikezumi -Thanks for the comment.It was the weather knocking out internet a few times.Great updates!
    @Beck1590 -That game issue sounds like the Firefox one I got yesterday and I've been fixing it which kept me up late.
    @ilikethesims30 -Great update!
    @ZhakiraP -Great update!
    @king_of_simcity7 -Thanks for the comment.Great update!
    @Silverofdreams30 -That sounds like me with one of my browsers.Great update!
    @wolfkomoki1 -Great update!
    @aricarai -That beach shack looks great!I've got a few of your videos to watch.
    @Charlottesmom -SHe's very cute!
    @lisasc360 -Great pictures!Thanks for the comment.Great update!
    @Karritz -It sounds like you got crashing because you put your graphics high.I've not had any for over a month if not longer.Great update!
    @PalmArrow -Great pictures!It does look like it could be a a great game for when you have a little free time.
    @MamaSimTee -Hi there!Great picture!
    @donnabailey -Thanks for your comment.
    Here's a blueprint test below.
    Here's a test placement of my newest custom blueprint.
    35274992385_a6cdc49741_c.jpg
    Here's the UI of it and it will cost 10$ to buy in the game fully furnished.
    35144706971_fc1fd990e5_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited June 2017
    Lucky Palms... A new hobby and Lola has big news :o Part1

Lola really enjoys the gift we got from Lyla, our cool jukebox

Screenshot-57_zpsflrynchb.jpg

Speaking of gifts the rest came in mail next day,Lealani Kahale got us the water well thing you see at the consignment shop forget the name,we got a yellow painting too and this painting below was from Daniela the bartender.That is all wedding gifts now am happy with them although the DJ both not sure what to do with it.

Screenshot-73_zpsmvhfpqwp.jpg

I decided to take up a new hobby *Not for profit though* to make stuff for my house.It was only 1,350 I think so was worth it.

Making my first object

Screenshot-60_zps3xfwbkd0.jpg

Very first object made was a masterpiece the utensil set on the counter.

Screenshot-62_zpsegpiah7q.jpg

Making stuff with my trusty blowtorch

Screenshot-61_zpsroqlzcn8.jpg

Ohhhh pretty look at my divider

Screenshot-64_zpswfdrtcub.jpg

Hmm getting good at this.These windows I made look fabulous on my house.

Screenshot-69_zpse4joiypy.jpg

But what did Lola do while I was busy with my hobby....

:lol:

Somebody has to pay the bills so sent her to do my job cause I was busy,she looks like she is enjoying herself and the smell.

Screenshot-65_zpsspeketcu.jpg

Getting frisky,see the dartboard Courtney got us

Screenshot-68_zpsusae0nyr.jpg

Do not worry I took her out to the fancy Bistro as thanks

Screenshot-59_zpshlw6msxv.jpg

Parting shot

Look who was at the consignment when I went to see if any new sketches :love: Zahra Diwan

Screenshot-71_zpsm4wibnxa.jpg

Part 2 coming..

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top