Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your family trees!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Jessabi wrote: »
    @bmealayna That's why I like it so much, it takes no time at all!

@Karritz I see your point, and I'd 100% prefer for the game to do it for me, but I do find it quite fun to mess around with it for 5 mins after a play session. Maybe I'm just strange ;) I'm still hoping that it will be patched back into the game though, I don't understand why they would remove such a basic feature in the first place.

Actually like toddlers that was not removed - it was just never programmed into this series. Now had it been there and then removed that would be just crazy - but in order to make the game follow a family tree it takes a good deal of programming as the AI needs the info programmed into it as well as what family can do and what it can't.

I guess that was just another thing we all like that required a little bit of work. At least toddlers require a lot of work - and even though I am not happy about it - it is understandable as it requires all the different workers to make a toddler - but the family tree is just programming - so it is mind boggling it was not deemed important - Well without it relatives often overstep their bounds like rednecks. I don't want 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sims. I want a game that recognizes certain members of ones family are off limits. But anyway - sadly they were never in Sims 4 - not removed from the game. Had that been the case we could have just had it put back in.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    They admitted to not thinking about it when they made the game. They overlooked it. I am sure that it'll be patched in later as well as toddlers. =)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2015
    I sure hope so. I won't play families until both are in the game. I have seen posts where certain family members will age up and start flirting with other family members - but not in my game is that going to happen. I often let younger family members in my family play with my game when they visit as there is not much for tweens to do here unless they are snow bunnies - so I don't have CC, cheats, or anything weird in my game. I have almost exclusively been playing Sims 4 with just YA - non-romantic roommates. No families but one - a dad and his little girl - and I have aging off completely. Sadly it will stay like this until the game is made right.

It is a shame too as I really love family style legacy play and the only way I have been able to still play like that is go back to Sims 2. I really wonder at this rate what is the point of Sims 4. I did really like build mode and CAS - still do - but....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    beanbean Posts: 72 Member
    How do you guys get soo far with your legacy families? The most generations I've made it up to were 7, and that was on TS2. Eventually I get tired of the family though. How do you do it? lol
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    @bean If you get tired of the family, move them out and use just a single sim in another town or area to 'start over again'.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I love family trees and I'm no stranger. Here are my trees from my Sims 2 Legacies. Also made on my own. Even did one for pets!!

2l91uz8.jpg

34so75x.jpg

2pozcea.jpg

20fqafq.jpg

What did you use to make this?
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited January 2015
    [oops
    Post edited by catmando830 on
  • Options
    CillianLoverCillianLover Posts: 405 Member
    These family trees all look so nice. :) I used to use familyecho, but for some reason it loads up really slow on my browser and takes forever to upload a picture. I really want to learn how to make a cute one in Gimp or Paint or something. I've tried and failed a few times
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    and I thought my family tree was impressive before looking at this discussion lol.

this_zps2e7be9b8.jpg
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,695 Member
    So many cool trees! Thanks all for posting them! I made some myself in Photoshop, long ago.

greench.jpg
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    @catmando830‌ I used ms. powerpoint!
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    So. Much. Work. But your trees look great. I, too want the game to function and include family trees for everyone - played or unplayed.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    There family trees look like beautiful works of art that are made with love and dedication.

I still stand by my assertion that the game needs to generate the family trees for us and potentially export the data so you can import it into your own beautiful creations.

I just need a family tree in game so I can click on anySim and see who they are related to and how they are related
  • Options
    CillianLoverCillianLover Posts: 405 Member
    I don't know if this is because I'm so bothered by not having a family tree in the game or not, but I feel like my sims forget who is in their family. Like parents and children know who each other are, but I have can cousins going after each other romantically and sometimes grandparents and grandchildren. Maybe I'm just having a bug in my game.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,742 Member
    Jessabi wrote: »
    @bmealayna That's why I like it so much, it takes no time at all!

@Karritz I see your point, and I'd 100% prefer for the game to do it for me, but I do find it quite fun to mess around with it for 5 mins after a play session. Maybe I'm just strange ;) I'm still hoping that it will be patched back into the game though, I don't understand why they would remove such a basic feature in the first place.
    You're not strange at all. What I see in your comments, is a budding family genealogist! I get lost in my own family tree and can spend hours upon hours researching and adding names, dates, places, etc. Currently, I have well over 2000 people in my main tree. That is covering both sides of my family. I have been able to reach back into the 1400s in some instances. Some are at a dead end until I can break down that Brick Wall.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I love all your family trees, they are really nice. As of now and in Sims 3 I have always done it in a notebook, I would love to make one on my computer.
    What programs are some of you using. I would like to know. I am only on my third generation right now so it would not be hard to restart.
    can you add other pictures besides sims, can you add their house etc.
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited January 2015
    So I've only just started this family (and I've never got this far in a generation family thing) but here is my family, the Downings!
    Tree_zps98ebc5cb.jpg

Edit: I had a new edition to the family recently so I had to add them.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    I absolutely love your family trees. I wish i done this myself as I play legacies but I have been too lazy. I think I will defiantly give this a shot. I miss family trees so much as I love to keep track.
  • Options
    NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    edited January 2015
    Man...It took me an hour to put this together. I'm ashamed. I'm also surprised at how spread out the family's gotten over 9 gens. And that doesn't even include spares' children or marriages, because I kick them out and only ever see them again if I invite them to a party. The only one I know had kids was Earth from gen 3.

The Clox Legacy
    (Click for full size)
    JlO4oYz.png

Post edited by NightmareCandle on
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • Options
    MatthiaMatthia Posts: 107 Member
    Thanks for sharing this! Its nice to make a family tree this easy. :)
  • Options
    RealBitsyBambiRealBitsyBambi Posts: 111 Member
    I'll be making a family tree as soon as my Sim has found herself a man to settle down with. :)