Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What does your sims' home look like?

Comments

• Options
    monday_34monday_34 Posts: 211 Member
    I've been having fun building starter houses.

Here an album of my latest build. I got a bit carried away with the theming. :blush:
    imgur.com/a/RDRCq
  • Options
    Roxxgirl13Roxxgirl13 Posts: 50 Member
    @monday_34 Adorable house! Do you know where the counters/islands are from?
    ~ despite my username I'm actually a guy and would prefer you referred to me as such ~
  • Options
    monday_34monday_34 Posts: 211 Member
    Thanks @Roxxgirl13! They are a re-color of the Shoppe Counters from the Storybook Set
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:17043&scategoryId=11518

Those counters are included in one of the compilations you've got on your wishlist...if you want to add some of the single items you're missing you never know what might come of it :)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    These are families from my town legacy challenge in Winfield which is a world I made in CAW before I started that game.Winfield starts out empty and without any lots and it only needs the base game and World Adventures to work.
    Des and Ashley Campbell with Sandi their toddler.They live on a 50x50 lot.
    15722472988_b67c9f1f95_z.jpg
    Lee King with Spot.The lot is 50x50.
    15724187227_db6d6503db_z.jpg
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky with Racer.Their lot is 64x64.
    15290306883_faf8afd629_z.jpg
    Tanner and Tracy Ivanovitch with Katy.Their lot is 64x64.
    15724198287_7530ec40eb_z.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    Wonderful houses, everyone! I can decorate to beat the band but I really don't build at all. I've been seeing lots of pictures of Twinbrook lately and want to open a new game there. If I'm feeling ambitious (pun intended), I might try to build a little house myself and see how it turns out.

Cute house,@Crazycatldy, ya did good! :) And I laughed at your sim breaking the shower right before you took pictures--just like a sim to make the simplest things a pain in the neck! LOL

*hugs*
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I've been playing the winter season and plan to for, well, pretty much the entirely of the winter season here. So I wanted a home with a wintry kind of vibe to it.

I've been too busy working on another project to get into building a house at the moment so I took one out of my studio and I am playing in that one. The basement in these pics looks terribly weird because at the time I built it there was an issue with the game recognizing basements as interior right after seasons came out and the floor would get very frosted. I'll include a few pictures of when I first made the house and was showing it off and a few of how it is now since she's moved in and has started to decorate.

44ELMCOVER.png
    WHKDL.png
    WHFFSt.png
    WHMBnB.png
    WHKR.png
    WHGame.png
    44EExt.png
    WHAttic.png
    WH2F.png
    WH1F.png
    WHBL.png

Screenshot-181_zps08358e56.jpg
    Screenshot-184_zpsff6816d3.jpg
    Screenshot-195_zpsce088b9d.jpg
  • Options
    CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    edited December 2014
    That's a gorgeous home. :)

Thank you Darkling. My sim was not supposed to be in the pool either.
    HUGs To you
  • Options
    tac612tac612 Posts: 453 Member
    I just looked through all of this! There are so many nice homes and rooms here! I never seem to have the time to create and build, but now I have the urge to go in and build. Maybe later today or tomorrow I'll have some time to mess around. I usually don't spend too much time building, but I've always wanted to.
  • Options
    Roxxgirl13Roxxgirl13 Posts: 50 Member
    @monday_34 Thanks! I just bought the counters, they're so cute. Sadly I'm 6 simpoints short for the islands.. Ah well.

I love everyone's houses, by the way, makes me want to start building again too!
    ~ despite my username I'm actually a guy and would prefer you referred to me as such ~
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    I've had two goes at posting a picture of my house and each time it has vanished. Apparently I'm not allowed to post pictures in this thread. Here is a link to my showcase thread. Everything in my showcase has at least one picture on the first page of this thread.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/715610/karritz-showcase-new-old-mill-tea-room-and-residence-p21-contents-list-in-op/p1
  • Options
    moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    I've had two goes at posting a picture of my house and each time it has vanished. Apparently I'm not allowed to post pictures in this thread. Here is a link to my showcase thread. Everything in my showcase has at least one picture on the first page of this thread.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/715610/karritz-showcase-new-old-mill-tea-room-and-residence-p21-contents-list-in-op/p1

The forum is a bit glitchy indeed, just like sims3...
    tac612 wrote: »
    I just looked through all of this! There are so many nice homes and rooms here! I never seem to have the time to create and build, but now I have the urge to go in and build. Maybe later today or tomorrow I'll have some time to mess around. I usually don't spend too much time building, but I've always wanted to.

Glad to hear it! Building is such fun!
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

• Options
    TravellingAroundTravellingAround Posts: 29 New Member
    Wow Jessa that is an amazing home! I'm jealous. I am still learning the in's and outs of home building and I seem to tear a house down and start over within several sim days of finishing one. I've gone from huge mega mansions to small family style homes to something in between. Once I have one I am truly satisfied with I'll see about posting images up to get feedback.
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    I've never been much of a builder. I usually just download houses that are mostly CC free and let my sims move there. I do like seeing other builds and won't hesitate to download those that catch my eye. Right now, my current sim is living in a cute little starter home that can be added on to, so I can build an extra bedroom if I need to and still not lose the quaint little charm of the house.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2014
    I'd like to share the house of my current sim, my twentieth heir: Saul. Born a vampire but turned into a witch with the help of his great grandfather. He lives in Dragon Valley (Dragan Glaenn actually :# ) where he grew up. He lives near his parents.
    The house in the distance was the house where he grew up (and where his parents still live, I built that one too).

175_zpsc84e3fbe.png

The house plays a part in the story. Meaning it's old and was occupied by an old professor. My sim bought it furnitured. (and found an odd device in the attic that turned out to be a time portal)

Screenshot-993_zpsd9af1a85.png

Living room:

Screenshot-1469_zps817a32b4.png

Screenshot-1475_zps468af4ea.png

Dining room:

Screenshot-1476_zps79b0b8d0.png

Screenshot-1481_zpsa7d92193.png

Kitchen:

Screenshot-1484_zpscbf7057d.png

Screenshot-1487_zpsbedcbb91.png

Sleeping room:

Screenshot-1494_zps9c8938e3.png

Bathroom:

Screenshot-1496_zps73435f09.png

Screenshot-1499a_zps16f6f3ba.png

Screenshot-1504_zpsa6f0657e.png

Saul has two children. One plantsim - Bryony - and a daughter with a woman he met in the future, Cameron (my next heir).
    Two pictures of Bryony's room (don't really have one of Cameron's):

181_zps012b1e0f.png

Screenshot-910_zpseac7917d.png
    (Cameron sleeping in her sister's bed because monsters were haunting hers)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    I'd like to share the house of my current sim, my twentieth heir: Saul.

Your twentieth... wow! That's pretty amazing since I can't even play through my 3rd generation sim... What happened with that time machine? Did your sim use it? Did your sim get to see that past of the house and its stories?

• Options
    oneeyemcflyoneeyemcfly Posts: 94 Member
    I tend to start off small with one person then it multiplies as my Sims marries and has kids. A while back I removed the Langraabs (Sunset Valley) from their mansion, saved it to my files, and remodeled it in some places. My current generation is trying to continue a legacy in Twinbrook so I removed a 60x60 run down park and placed the Langraab house there, renamed it, yadda yadda. Although when my current children (on the second gen) get old enough they're moving into a house I bought somewhere in Twinbrook. I remodeled it as well, it's the 7 br/ something bath mansion that looks like some kind of plantation house. Forgot who previously lived there.

I renamed it as well and refurnished it to the point where generations and generations will be able to stay there, the Langraab estate is only so big plus I have a butler so I'm leaving it to the parents.

I feel like I'm writing an essay about myself hahaha. But yeah, my style is kind of southern chic / mansion type stuff. xx
    [img][/img]cSwUxVF.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2014
    I'd like to share the house of my current sim, my twentieth heir: Saul.

Your twentieth... wow! That's pretty amazing since I can't even play through my 3rd generation sim... What happened with that time machine? Did your sim use it? Did your sim get to see that past of the house and its stories?
    He did indeed, that's where he met the mother of his youngest daughter. Their relationship is somewhat complicated because he cloned her - he´s an alchemist - and thought he was having the baby with her clone. He just found out the original was the mother all along and now he's cross she never told him.

I like to make up my own story's really, using the features in the game. So I didn´t do anything yet with Utopia and Dystopia, nor with the descendants. I've got all the time of the world, the odds are I will be playing this game for at least five more years ;)

(the past of the house doesn't play a part, the time portal goes into the future, not the past)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    > @astridentanja said:
    > I'd like to share the house of my current sim, my twentieth heir: Saul.

20th is impressive! I only could make it to 7.
    [img][/img]cSwUxVF.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I made my first house in a loong time. It's meant to be a starter home, so it's still full of potential!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8520428

I took picture while I was in game, but I can't figure out how to get them here... :( I uploaded them from the launcher, but I don't see anything here...

EDIT: I think I figured it out...maybe? Does it look right below??

1_zps0c7f99b2.jpg

2_zpsf6c4507d.jpg

3_zps40450872.jpg

5_zps307845d3.jpg

4_zps637dba7b.jpg

• Options
    > @tac612 said:
    > I made my first house in a loong time. It's meant to be a starter home, so it's still full of potential!

Just downloaded that from you, that's too perfect.
    [img][/img]cSwUxVF.jpg
  • Options
    > @tac612 said:<br />
    > I made my first house in a loong time. It's meant to be a starter home, so it's still full of potential!<br />
    <br />
    Just downloaded that from you, that's too perfect.

Thanks! It's been a while...
  • Options
    elliskane3elliskane3 Posts: 2,050 Member
    edited December 2014
    I always seem to be much better at building starter homes than big homes. I managed to fit a pool into this one:
    %2313%2B-%2BWhimsical%2BOasis.png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqaz0UdMzKc&amp;list=UUOj0Ps-z45xmdMsfcb0cwtA

Post edited by elliskane3 on
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    @Jessa_Dakkar and @astridentanja: Such beautiful builds, the both of you. Ya see, this is why I leave building to the professionals!

As for my own little project, it turned out a lot like this:

wild_about_fruit_zpsc707d735.gif

Needless to say I bulldozed the lot and I am actually thinking about going back to salt the earth...yeah, it was that bad.

I'll give it another shot tomorrow with some fresh eyes but I have a sinking feeling I'll just have to be happy with my decorating skills.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    Judging by pictures of your decorating talents, I think you could make that box look beautiful Darkling. :p
  • Options
    elliskane3 wrote: »
    I always seem to be much better at building starter homes than big homes. I managed to fit a pool into this one:
    [img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/1v0lDkXvNA_a8LzOBciLIPxTXcxah0tQFTQpYXEysdE=w398-h224-p-no[/img]

I think the picture link is broken. Would you like to check and fix it? :)