Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 not working for some reasons...>.>

MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
Ello! I'm posting here because my sims 3 stopped working for some reason, ever since yesterdays update on my laptop, it hasn't been working correctly, I might have to reinstall it if I can't get it to work, any tips or has anyone else got this issue besides myself?
I have windows 8.1 btw... I play both sims 3 and 4 soo getting cut off from 3, ruined my day today... D:

Oh and not just my PC laptop but also my mac stopped playing sims 3 as well = what the heck!?
It's like something is forbidding me from playing it or something. I thought it could be a virus, but I scanned my laptop and got nothing, sooo it's something else...

Edit: when I click on the sims app Logo that usually loads the game up so I can play but now it does nothing.
If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here

Comments

• Options
    simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    I am having the same issue today! Not sure what is going on. Clicked on the icon and nothing came up. Then I clicked a few times more and it is telling me to reinstall my base game. I hope someone knows what's going on. :'(
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • Options
    I just might have to do it soon... D:
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    LajulieLajulie Posts: 8 New Member
    This happened to me last night and again today. What is going on? I had Island Paradise in and then I took it out and put Sims 3 disc in thinking maybe that has something to do with it. Nothing happened, it told me to to install the Island paradise disc. Why wouldn't it start with any of them. It keeps going around and around trying to load but never does. I have DSL and it works fine everywhere. What is going on please help....
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    There's a fix to the problem... The Launcher is broken, best way to get in is to find the main
    icon that starts the game without the launcher.

The Main icon is located in program files (86) (for window 8)/electronic arts/the sims 3/game/bin ---> then you will find a icon called TS3W.exe, click that and your game will start. I suggest making a shortcut to this file so you won't have to keep going through the folders manually. And yes it works, I was able to play sims 3 again. ALSO I noticed my laptop is acting funky lately, I think I might of caught a virus or the Window update broke something in my computer..>.>

I am not too happy about it because now I cannot play Arche Age due hack shield failing to load up, due to this issue..>.>
    Post edited by MoonCrossWarrior22 on