Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could this be the best Sims game ever?? Here I go reminiscing again

promiseofraynepromiseofrayne Posts: 48 Member
edited December 2014 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I've been playing since 2000/TS1:

I have to say that I could't wait for the Sims 4 to be released. I was a little disappointed when I saw it was stripped down with a glorified Create-a-Sim feature and over-emotional robot Sims. One thing that I remember saying about The Sims 3 was that all the Sims looked the same, and how come Maxis should have further developed the Sims from TS2. Finally they did, but then I found the rest of the game to be lacking. It took me 2 hours to figure this out. I was excited about how the game reminded me of The Sims 2, and how it wasn't like the runaway train TS3. I was too amazed by the new facial expressions, the hair, the new look, that it took me a while to figure out that TS4 wasn't keeping my attention.

I'm going to say how I feel now. I am still bored lol, but I see where this thing is going (or I'm really delusional lol). I think it was stripped down because they want to get back to what made The Sims amazing. The Sims 3 had this wonderful open world, but I felt that The Sims there were too serious. It lost most of the silliness and fun that TS1/TS2 had been built on. My Sims were constantly followed by stalkers (paparazzi), andreceived unwarranted punishments for being a well-known Sims (rumors). I couldn't be malicious without the whole town knowing (even in private!!). My aliens fell flat, my vampires were weird, interesting and then the same, and the werewolves should have been on the pet expansion...but the good things (generations, university, back to business etc...) were lost even when Maxis tried to make up for it towards the end. Too much (not that I complained because it kept my attention), but I didn't laugh like I use to.

With all the expressions the Sims make, how come the more I play, the more I feel like they're robots. Over-emotional robots. I like the reactive Sims from Sims 2. I would like that back. -_- I just want more substance, not too much to ask...and Matching furniture! LOL. So here's my take: Bring back the Sims 2 concept of worlds (did not like open world, too laggy), Keep our super engineered Sims brought to up by CAS (we need more colors, more outfit, and hair ASAP), teens need to look like teens, you can let the toddlers back (although I shortened this stage-toddlers are necessary), I like to pretend to have cars (even if its not open world), I want that ol' Sims 2 relationship concept back, did I meantion more colors (I like to decorate), my dear family tree (my PowerPoint presentation is getting full keeping track), more houses and places to go in each town (so that my neighbors won't all be related to one another soon), the solo and Default careers (but not the ghost buster type), cemeteries (so I can send my tombstones and visit my long gone Sims), move_object on LOL....

Anyways, I'm realistic. I cannot compare TS3 (several expansions/stuff packs) to TS4, no matter how bare I feel TS4 is. I think Maxis is going to allow us to create the perfect Sims game as we go along.I'm going to be patient (I think). Plus I really cannot go back to Sims 3 now. I'm falling in love? I'm in it until the end. I'm still hoping that EA doesn't disappoint me, even though they have so many times in the past. I dare EA to blow me away...until then, I'll be waiting.

Fell free to spread your voice about the "good ol' times" and how you would envision the perfect Sims game....

Sincerely,

The Crazy Sim Lady aka The Crazy Sim Lady who just wrote a paper on how crazy she is about the Sims :)

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited December 2014
    esoed.jpg

EDIT: Anyway, the Sims 4 will be better than all of the Sims games combined when expansions and stuff packs start rolling in.
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    I think it could be for sure!
  • Options
    > @colton147 said:
    > EDIT: Anyway, the Sims 4 will be better than all of the Sims games combined when expansions and stuff packs start rolling in.

I completely agree with you 100%
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    It has potential.
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited December 2014
    Oh god, you just triggered the horde.
    AbandonThread.gif

OT: For most of your post, I do agree with you. I don't like the overemotional faces the sims make. It's...It's creepy...
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    tumblr_mmo4avZ6GY1sopr3do1_500.gif
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    I feel inspired
    anigif_original-grid-image-29384-1388506754-52.gif
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Kittenkiss wrote: »
    It has potential.

Potential shouldn't cost 70 dollars and have only 5 hours of play value, lol
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    It has potential.

Potential shouldn't cost 70 dollars and have only 5 hours of play value, lol

Agreed. I purchased mine on sale. No way is it worth the $90 Australian dollars they're asking. Goodness no.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Ashamed to say I spent $70 too :\ Hoping free stuff keeps rolling in until they fix what they left out...then EPs
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    No comment.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Purchased at a bargain on eBay, but should've waited until Black Friday like I originally planned and would have gotten the game at the exact price I was willing to pay it for (I bought it for $40). I agree with you @SelenaGrey the extras were not worth the money, and so overpriced when you think people paid 10 dollars for a sim hat and party item... this is why I always drag my heels when other fans start pressing for DLC content.
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    Origin is still selling the standard edition for $29.99.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    edited December 2014
    I definitely think that, even with it's faults, Sims4 is off to a better start than some of it's predecessors were at this point in their run.

But if an essentially 2-feature game Like Sims3 can become such a good high-quality game, that it turns it's fan base into a minor religion.
    Who knows what will happen when Sims4 really gets going.
  • Options
    ScarlettLuffsUScarlettLuffsU Posts: 204 Member
    I only spent like 35 on it at a Black Friday sale.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    I only spent like 35 on it at a Black Friday sale.
    omg your sig!
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    post too long to read it all
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Could this be the best Sims game ever??

Mmv-nZ8oU2w.jpg

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member
    To be honest (I know people won't like this), I never wanted an open world for The Sims 4. I like the system now except it would be better if the neighborhoods were open. So a selection of five to ten lots with no loading screens needed for moving in between. But you still have to have one between neighborhoods in the same and different worlds though.
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    *staying for the gifs*
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    > @catmando830 said:<br />
    > SinStaphVagiSeal wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > The Sims 4 was rated below The Sims 3, but that is okay because we are catching up by throwing in updates to the game that should have been there to begin with. Due to monetary issues, EA members being laid off, we've had to make arrangements, and changes with the game and unfortunately omit some things but that's okay. Please fellow simmers continue on but beware, do not mention any cr4cKKs, K3yg3ns, Sims 3 g0ld edition which is a free version of the full game made by russians, don't mention m0ds, cheats, h4cks, or any 3rdparty sites.<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Bye - Bye troll<br />
    <br />
    Please refrain from using alcoholic beverages in your avatar, this is 1llegal and can result in a permaban! We have kids, please be kind around our young members! Last warning, another mistep can result in your account being brought under!

You have to realize you have been reported.

Yea! He got banned
  • Options
    To be honest (I know people won't like this), I never wanted an open world for The Sims 4. I like the system now except it would be better if the neighborhoods were open. So a selection of five to ten lots with no loading screens needed for moving in between. But you still have to have one between neighborhoods in the same and different worlds though.

This would be a pretty reasonable option, actually. A good compromise.
  • Options
    Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member

Thank you. This means that people who like open worlds still get to visit their neighborhoods and roam around without a loading screen, while it still can reduce lagging because the entire world isn't rendering at the same time.
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

Thank you. This means that people who like open worlds still get to visit their neighborhoods and roam around without a loading screen, while it still can reduce lagging because the entire world isn't rendering at the same time.

This is what I think people were expecting when they talked about how the world would be. So when they found out it wasn't, it meant they weren't satisfied. I know your suggestion is what I expected before I read otherwise.
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Not with the fundamental design flaw of combining the lack of an open world with gameplay requiring our sims to work through a tasklist in order to get promoted, get higher crades or to work on their aspirations.

It a OK game but it will never be a great game.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.