Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could this be the best Sims game ever?? Here I go reminiscing again

2...Next

Comments

• Lynne563Lynne563 Posts: 100 Member
    Sorry, No it isn't the best Sims ever. :)
  • EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    edited December 2014
    This could be the best Sims game ever for me, if there will be Christmas contents in the next patch. :3
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Best? No. One of the best? Maybe.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Back when they first announced the game I hoped (I probably wasn't alone in this) for TS2 fun and craziness and more variety in sims' faces with the good parts of TS3 (that includes open world because if Twallion could fix its problems, EA should have been able to) along with something amazing I hadn't even thought of--something new that would make me exclaim, "Now that's a Sims game! Gimme!"

That...didn't happen. I hope for everyone's sakes that EPs and patches greatly improve the game like some players think they will. Me? I'm not holding my breath and not spending any more money on this game. Fool me once, so to speak.
  • doaoc07doaoc07 Posts: 81 Member
    > @CapraCorn104 said:
    > Oh god, you just triggered the horde.
    >
    >
    > OT: For most of your post, I do agree with you. I don't like the overemotional faces the sims make. It's...It's creepy...

...... that's gif....is... awesome..I'm sorry. offtopic.

I do think once the game actually COMES together. It'll probably be the best. :) I think... I think...
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Its entirely possible its the best game ever for some, then you get the spectrum from those players right the way through to its their least favourite yet. Its all subjective and if you feel one way or the other its not worth trying to convince others around you otherwise. They can all make their own judgements :-)

If they put a lot of work into widening the fan base for sims 4 then I think it could be very successful. At the moment its missing key themes from a few different styles of play which is stopping some fans from enjoying it as much as they should.
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    Have fun with this thread, guys. I'm out of the door. *runs*
    This space is for rent.
  • thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    edited December 2014
    Not with the fundamental design flaw of combining the lack of an open world with gameplay requiring our sims to work through a tasklist in order to get promoted, get higher crades or to work on their aspirations.

It a OK game but it will never be a great game.
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    That is your opinion,however, I think the sims 4 is great and only get better.

Sorry about the double posting I just became a member and I am still getting used to the new quoting system :\.
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I've been playing since 2000/TS1:<br />
    <br />
    I have to say that I could't wait for the Sims 4 to be released. I was a little disappointed when I saw it was stripped down with a glorified Create-a-Sim feature and over-emotional robot Sims. One thing that I remember saying about The Sims 3 was that all the Sims looked the same, and how come Maxis should have further developed the Sims from TS2. Finally they did, but then I found the rest of the game to be lacking. It took me 2 hours to figure this out. I was excited about how the game reminded me of The Sims 2, and how it wasn't like the runaway train TS3. I was too amazed by the new facial expressions, the hair, the new look, that it took me a while to figure out that TS4 wasn't keeping my attention.<br />
    <br />
    I'm going to say how I feel now. I am still bored lol, but I see where this thing is going (or I'm really delusional lol). I think it was stripped down because they want to get back to what made The Sims amazing. The Sims 3 had this wonderful open world, but I felt that The Sims there were too serious. It lost most of the silliness and fun that TS1/TS2 had been built on. My Sims were constantly followed by stalkers (paparazzi), andreceived unwarranted punishments for being a well-known Sims (rumors). I couldn't be malicious without the whole town knowing (even in private!!). My aliens fell flat, my vampires were weird, interesting and then the same, and the werewolves should have been on the pet expansion...but the good things (generations, university, back to business etc...) were lost even when Maxis tried to make up for it towards the end. Too much (not that I complained because it kept my attention), but I didn't laugh like I use to.<br />
    <br />
    With all the expressions the Sims make, how come the more I play, the more I feel like they're robots. Over-emotional robots. I like the reactive Sims from Sims 2. I would like that back. -_- I just want more substance, not too much to ask...and Matching furniture! LOL. So here's my take: Bring back the Sims 2 concept of worlds (did not like open world, too laggy), Keep our super engineered Sims brought to up by CAS (we need more colors, more outfit, and hair ASAP), teens need to look like teens, you can let the toddlers back (although I shortened this stage-toddlers are necessary), I like to pretend to have cars (even if its not open world), I want that ol' Sims 2 relationship concept back, did I meantion more colors (I like to decorate), my dear family tree (my PowerPoint presentation is getting full keeping track), more houses and places to go in each town (so that my neighbors won't all be related to one another soon), the solo and Default careers (but not the ghost buster type), cemeteries (so I can send my tombstones and visit my long gone Sims), move_object on LOL....<br />
    <br />
    Anyways, I'm realistic. I cannot compare TS3 (several expansions/stuff packs) to TS4, no matter how bare I feel TS4 is. I think Maxis is going to allow us to create the perfect Sims game as we go along.I'm going to be patient (I think). Plus I really cannot go back to Sims 3 now. I'm falling in love? I'm in it until the end. I'm still hoping that EA doesn't disappoint me, even though they have so many times in the past. I dare EA to blow me away...until then, I'll be waiting.<br />
    <br />
    Fell free to spread your voice about the "good ol' times" and how you would envision the perfect Sims game....<br />
    <br />
    Sincerely,<br />
    <br />
    The Crazy Sim Lady aka The Crazy Sim Lady who just wrote a paper on how crazy she is about the Sims :)
    Your take is not my take.
    The Sims 2 concept of worlds, would that be playing on one lot, not being able to pay your neighbours a visit and when you go to town in the morning and spend all day there, you return in the... morning. All jetlagged and tired. In that respect S4 is an improvement.
    Sims in all the versions look alike by the way. Sims 4 is not different there.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    So many threads have a comment about potential. Just exactly what is this potential that people are hoping for?

This is a base game we're talking about here. Doesn't it strike anyone as a bit odd that so many people post that they are trying to love the game? Why should we have to work at loving a game?

I wanted to love it....I was excited for the release but the truth is these Sims just don't have the lovable factor built in.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    edited December 2014
    So many threads have a comment about potential. Just exactly what is this potential that people are hoping for?

This is a base game we're talking about here. Doesn't it strike anyone as a bit odd that so many people post that they are trying to love the game? Why should we have to work at loving a game?

I wanted to love it....I was excited for the release but the truth is these Sims just don't have the lovable factor built in.

True. I was floored the other day when I read a comment from an unhappy TS4 simmer and she was told to "force" herself to play the game. That was unbelievable. If you don't like the game you don't like the game. Nothing wrong with that.
    Post edited by Wildley Curious on
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • thorsicequeenthorsicequeen Posts: 52 Member
    To be honest (I know people won't like this), I never wanted an open world for The Sims 4. I like the system now except it would be better if the neighborhoods were open. So a selection of five to ten lots with no loading screens needed for moving in between. But you still have to have one between neighborhoods in the same and different worlds though.

This is exactly what I have been saying, we can't get rid of the loading screens, but a little openness would make a huge difference.
  • KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member

Personally, I think the base game is just ok. Not enough content to justify it being a stand alone game. That's why I purchased it at a discounted price, because I feel that's what it's worth.

My view of potential, what I'm hoping for, is a great fleshed out Open For Business function and hopefully a great Vacations based episode. Should some of this be included in the base game at this stage as far as games go? Yeah, probably. But I do acknowledge that I'm aware of what I'm buying into. Not thrilled about it, either.

• KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Kittenkiss wrote: »
    To be honest (I know people won't like this), I never wanted an open world for The Sims 4. I like the system now except it would be better if the neighborhoods were open. So a selection of five to ten lots with no loading screens needed for moving in between. But you still have to have one between neighborhoods in the same and different worlds though.

This would be a pretty reasonable option, actually. A good compromise.

Thank you. This means that people who like open worlds still get to visit their neighborhoods and roam around without a loading screen, while it still can reduce lagging because the entire world isn't rendering at the same time.

Indeed. And most importantly we could hopefully have some community lots nearby so that it's not a pain in the butt to visit them.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,374 Member

More so than 3

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • promiseofraynepromiseofrayne Posts: 48 Member
    edited December 2014
    I do agree with the comment posted earlier that the compromise should be maybe a group of lots that won't require a load screen. It doesn't bother me too much because it seems as though that's where they are going with this concept of Sims. I just don't like lag. Lag vs. load screens...I guess I'd have to take the load screens, but less as the world grows would be awesome. It took me a while to warm up to The Sims 3's open world honestly. I thought it was cool at first, but towards the end, it was time consuming (especially in World Adventures). I just like the fact that it seems they are getting around to improving the game play. It's hard seeing what they did with Skyrim and then wonder why Sims cannot keep up. This game has come a long way, and I really would hate for it to fail. It just seems like the creators working on it have no concept of the milestones it has made so far. This game was ground-breaking when it first came out, and it still can be.
    Post edited by promiseofrayne on
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited December 2014
    This is the problem and the disappointment. After having two fully fleshed out base games in The Sims 2 and the Sims 3, The Sims 4 is a letdown. Base game for base game, TS2 and TS3 had more content and deeper game play than this one does, plus they were more entertaining (at least to me, they were). The Sims 4, not so much.

Let's get real...apart from some new animations and the emphasis on emotions, and the multitasking, this version doesn't offer anything radically different in terms of game play. In fact, it offers less. There's too much hand-holding going on; it wouldn't be so bad if they'd left in the open ended elements and not imposed all these restrictions.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be throwing any money at this game either by buying the expansion....not unless I know what kind of enhancements they're planning to make.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • promiseofraynepromiseofrayne Posts: 48 Member
    edited December 2014
    I am also afraid of being drawn in by expansion packs that don't offer much. I always feel like I'm collecting clothes and hair...even if I am not fond of the type of expansion..I just want the features. Seems like I'm trying too hard. I definitely want to be wowed.