Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• Options
    fs747574fsfs747574fs Posts: 102 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello fs747574fs It is fun that we can build all sorts of styles and sizes of homes and community lots in the Sims. Every simmer can enjoy using their creativity to create homes and venues for their sims to enjoy living in and visiting. I hope that you continue to have fun simming

Thank you, @rosemow! I'll continue having fun simming, ditto for you. This game is my favorite hobby and has been for the last 11 years, since Sims 2! Sims 2 will always be the best to me, and the creativity is the best part of this game! Plus if I get bored playing the normal way, I just build houses and venues, problem solved. :D
  • Options
    jms62511jms62511 Posts: 167 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum...I was referred to come here due to the post I created a couple days ago. I was wondering why I wasn't allowed to create a signature or upload a profile picture. I was referred by @despina53!

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    -I have Master Suite Stuff, Worlds Bundle (Monte Vista and Hidden Springs), University Life, Late Night, and High End Loft Stuff. I'd say my favorite EP would have to be Late Night (although I haven't played it much), and my favorite SP is High End Loft.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    -That's a tough question...which game are you talking about? Lol.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    -I actually do use cheats. I seem to use "motherlode" a lot...

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    -Nothing comes to mind...I'll get back to you on that lol.

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    -I do have the Sims 4! My husband bought it for me last week! I'd say my favorite thing about it would have to be build mode and CAS. The only thing I don't really like is the lack of color choices
    New Beginnings - Story on my Instagram page, bloominglotussims
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello @jms62511 :) Welcome to the forums! It is great that you have sims 4, and very nice and kind of your husband to buy it for you. Building and creating in it is enjoyable and fun! I hope that you continue to enjoy playing, building and creating sims in the Sims :)
  • Options
    BleubellBleubell Posts: 457 Member
    Hello everyone, I am new to these forums but have posted to forums on The Sims 3 site. I'm just sad that I can't change my profile pic! Will I ever be able to? Lol

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why? My favorite expansion pack is Seasons hands down. Before it came out I was always complaining about how there was no rain. I love the rain, snow, hail and every other aspect of this pack that makes the game more realistic. I also love the tanning beds which seem like a Premium Content item from the store to me!

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? My favorite thing is just playing the game and keeping a family going. I also make LP's on YouTube (PeachySimmer).

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? No, only the necessary ones like moveobjects on and resetsim. I NEVER use cheats to enhance the game unnaturally.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Don't update the game through the launcher. Download the super patcher.

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? Nope! I have a Mac. Luckily it's coming out for Mac next month!
    tumblr: brooklynsims / cc finds blog: brooklynsimscc
    thank you thread
  • Options
    Hello @Bleubell :) Seasons is a great EP! It is great having the variety of different weather and seasons, for Sims to have fun doing a variety of different things depending on the time of year or the type of weather.
    It is great that sims 4 will be soon coming on Mac! You will enjoy playing it.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    SonicSoundsSonicSounds Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey guys! Also new to the forums but really excited about it all :D

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why? - I haven't actually baught many of the expansion packs, supernatural was my favorite from the Sims 3! Loved having magic and all that stuff, really made the game more enjoyable.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? - My favorite thing so far is the generational thing, I love seeing how life progresses for each generation and seeing the different variations you can have withing one family from the starter to the tenth generation!

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? - I used to play with money cheats but it got really boring for me even though I love making houses. There was no challenge anymore

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? - For The Sims 4 I have one tip I think is kinda useful, if your sim has an aspiration and it will take some time to complete the next part of it, just change aspirations for a while, you can always change back when you are able to complete the first one.

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? - I have and I really enjoy the mood element that they brought into the game! It makes so much sense, nobody is just in a good mood or a bad mood we have loads of different moods and this new feature really does a good job with that. I don't like the fact that there is no real open world anymore :( Also where are the toddlers!? :( Miss those little guys!

Oh! What does CAS mean?
  • Options
    Hello @SonicSounds :) Changing to do different parts of aspirations is a great tip. It is fun competing the different sections of the various aspirations. The new emotions adds a great part to the game. CAS means Create a Sim.
    Continue to have fun playing Sims 4! :)
  • Options
    SonicSoundsSonicSounds Posts: 4 New Member
    Thanks @rosemow :D I have be seeing CAS all over the place and had no idea what it meant :P
  • Options
    LuauauLuauau Posts: 64 Member
    My favourite EPs were always the pets ones... and open for business! I would happily give my arm for an open for business style ep!

Family play, but sadly sims 4 is lacking that :( But I do like playing the Goths... They're fun. I'm trying to make them a massive grave yard.

I play with lots of cheats... all the way since the sims 1. I find it impossible to play without them.

Always let your sims be unfaithful, it's much fun ;)

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Yes, I have the sims 4. I miss toddlers, a lot! But now we have the family trees back, so that's amazing! :D
  • Options
    Hello @Luauau :) It is great that family trees have come to Sims 4 ! It is a great addition to the game. Pets is a great EP in sims 3. Having pets as part of the sims household is nice, and it is fun seeing sims riding horses and unicorns.
  • Options
    LuauauLuauau Posts: 64 Member
    Hi @rosemow‌ :D Ah, I miss my unicorns :( I'm really tempted to reinstall sims 3 with pets just for the unicorns but I'd love some different pets.. I don't know, like snakes or something! That'd be fun :D
  • Options
    rinarooorinarooo Posts: 50 Member
    Hello all! I have never really posted on here before The Sims 4. The name is Rina and I have played The Sims since the very beginning!

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why? The Sims 3 Generations! I have always loved the family aspect of The Sims.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? Playing a family from generation 1 to 10. Legacy challenges are my thing :)

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? Motherlode and testingcheats, sometimes moveobjects!

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? Not really

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? Yes! Love the graphics and the emotions are cool. I am missing the toddlers!
  • Options
    Hello @rinaroo :) It is nice that you enjoy doing Legacy challenges. It is great that family trees have now been added to Sims 4! It is great that you have been playing The sims since the beginning and are now enjoying Sims 4!
    Continue to have fun simming! :)
  • Options
    rinarooorinarooo Posts: 50 Member
    Thanks @rosemow
  • Options
    irishsweets85irishsweets85 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello all I am really now...lol like a couple days new. I love this game so far....but find it difficult for me to get stuff for simpoints. As I have a one yr old and he needs everything as most parents would know. I don't have a clue as to what or how to do anything in a forum for anything as this is my first time in one. So any help would be perfect :)
  • Options
    Hello all I am really now...lol like a couple days new. I love this game so far....but find it difficult for me to get stuff for simpoints. As I have a one yr old and he needs everything as most parents would know. I don't have a clue as to what or how to do anything in a forum for anything as this is my first time in one. So any help would be perfect :)

Hello :) welcome to the forums :) If you are playing sims 3, this is a helpful thread for you to visit
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/557950/hi-my-name-is-the-landing-pad#latest
    If you are playing sims 4 , this thread contains helpful links and information
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/802325/helpful-links-for-playing-and-creating-in-sims-4
    Have fun simming! :)
  • Options
    bleedingbanshebleedingbanshe Posts: 146 Member
    Hallo ... I've been lurking on here for a few days. May as well answer the questions.

A: I would have to say Isla Paradiso. The addition of resorts, mermaids, under water exploration, and houseboats are equisite to me.

A: The ability to make custom patterns and colours has to be my number one favourite, mainly due to it being lacking in previous Sims games and the Sims 4. That doesn't, however, define their places in the spot light. Each and every game has its strengths and weaknesses, so comparing it with the other games is a little unfair. Kind of like basing your opinion on how well a cat, elephant, dog, and fish can climb a tree and comparing the results.

A: Oh, I am SO guilty of using cheats. The most common ones I frequently use are motherlode (one does not simply use motherlode once!) and testingcheatsenabled on to edit sims. If I'm hellbent on not using any, I'll occasionally slip in a kaching or two.

A: That no one knows of? Nope. Simply play the game how you want to play it!

A: Yup. It was nice that sims could talk to each other while doing tasks, but that's about it. There are so many annoying things about the Sims 4, but the most annoying thing I've found is that the Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat can only be bought online with a credit card or Paypal! What the plum, EA?! What if I had a prepaid VISA card that I wanted to use? I would have gladly bought the blarney thing with it!
    tumblr_inline_mm2wuyuVsL1qz4rgp.gif
  • Options
    Hello @bleedingbanshe :) Island Paradise is a great EP! It is great having our sims visiting and running resorts, and it is nice seeing them enjoying exploring underwater. Traveling by boat around the world is great too.
    Cheats are very helpful! They enable sims to live in homes and have items in their homes that they may not be able to afford, and they are very helpful when building and furnishing homes.
    I hope that you continue to have fun simming :)
  • Options
    bleedingbanshebleedingbanshe Posts: 146 Member
    @rosemow How does a simmer not have fun simming? XD
    tumblr_inline_mm2wuyuVsL1qz4rgp.gif
  • Options
    SavannahSavannah Posts: 174 Member
    Hi everyone!

I am a new member too although I have played Sims 3 for a long time and had challenges and stories on the old forum. I have played Sims 4 since October and thought I'd try to make a story with the new game. I am wondering if anyone else is working on story telling?

I am also curious about the first single/family you created in TS4? Do you still play the family/gen. down?
  • Options
    Hello @Savannah :) Sims 4 is fun! You may like to look at the threads in the Sims 4 Stories and Legacies part of the forums.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies
    Simmers are posting great stories of their sims there.
  • Options
    brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    Welcome to all and thank you to @rosemow for your dedicated support! I have really enjoyed reading the comments and seeing what you all like about the Sims. Happy Simming! :smile:
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • Options
    sweetbbdragonsweetbbdragon Posts: 49 Member
    Hello :D I'm new here and I'm Annie ~ I found about this Forum a few days ago and decided to join cause I only know a person who play TS4 besides me ^^' I think this forum will be so much of a help to me! I'm really amazed with The Sims 4, I mean, the Sims are so well done :o I love the emotions and stuff but I'd like to have little babies to teach him talk, walk and that but yeah... We can't have everything and I love the game either way *.*
  • Options
    Hello @sweetbbdragon :) Welcome to the forums! It is great that you are enjoying playing sims 4. I hope that you continue to have lots of fun simming! :)
  • Options
    SavannahSavannah Posts: 174 Member
    Hi @sweetbbdragon I miss being able to teach the kids to walk and such too but maybe we will get it back in some feature down the road again? I'm still very much exploring the game so that's been keeping me distracted from missing some of the aspects from TS3. I think this game will go very far as time progress though - it already has :]

Hope everyone's having a nice day