Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• SavannahSavannah Posts: 174 Member
    and thank you @rosemow - I did look at the forum and it looks great. I can't wait to post a story there. I just have to have a member status so that I can add links and such first :)
  • SavannahSavannah Posts: 174 Member
    Hi @rosemow - I had a nice weekend yes, thanks :) How was your weekend?
  • EhmeraldasEhmeraldas Posts: 15 New Member
    Hi! I'm new, Nice to met you all.

I bought the game a year ago but just now i started really playing it. I don't know too much about the game yet, i have the starter pack. I'm planing on buying 2 exp but i haven really decide yet, i have to make it soon because i want the origin offers. I'm thinking in four seasons+world bundle or family+professions, which do you would recommend?

also i'm looking right now in ALL ABOUT SIMS to find more clothes and hair styles.

... my english isn't very good
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Ehmeraldas wrote: »
    Hi! I'm new, Nice to met you all.

I bought the game a year ago but just now i started really playing it. I don't know too much about the game yet, i have the starter pack. I'm planing on buying 2 exp but i haven really decide yet, i have to make it soon because i want the origin offers. I'm thinking in four seasons+world bundle or family+professions, which do you would recommend?

also i'm looking right now in ALL ABOUT SIMS to find more clothes and hair styles.

... my english isn't very good

Hello @Ehmeraldas :) It is nice to meet you :) Seasons is a great EP. It is nice seeing our sims experiencing the different types of weather and seasons. Each day brings a different type of weather, and there are different activities for sims to do depending on what the season is. The outdoors changes depending on the season. The snowy landscape looks very pretty in Winter!
    All the EPs are great though! They all have great features in them. It is also fun having our sims visit new worlds.
    Whichever EPS packs that you buy you will enjoy playing in your game.
    Have fun simming! :)
  • OzGuyOzGuy Posts: 57 Member
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    Don't have any EP's Yet! picked up the Sims3 a few months ago but i waited til i got my new computer to start playing :smile:

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    There's so much! i like having kids and raising a family, and also just trying to build friendships and careers, i also like expanding the houses i have, though i'm nowhere near as creative as some of the people on here!
    3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    Nope! not unless "ResetSim" counts :wink: its a rewarding experience getting your money by earning it!

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    Don't send two sims to the same job! It caused one of those sims on my game to keep glitching and getting stuck outside the entrance, he ended up getting fired because of it! different job, no problems

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Not yet! not sure if i will, i'm enjoying 3 without any ep or mods, so there still heaps for me to do in that regard, and also the reviews of 4 aren't very complimentary, for the most part!
    Hello @OzGuy :) Welcome to the forums and simming! It is great that you have a new computer! You would enjoy playing Sims on it. I hope that you continue to have fun simming, and you will enjoy the features that come with EPs if/when you get them too. :)
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello OzGuy Welcome to the forums and simming! It is great that you have a new computer! You would enjoy playing Sims on it. I hope that you continue to have fun simming, and you will enjoy the features that come with EPs if/when you get them too.

Thank you, i am sure i will be having fun simming for a very long time :smiley:
  • brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited February 2015
    OzGuy wrote: »
    Don't have any EP's Yet! picked up the Sims3 a few months ago but i waited til i got my new computer to start playing :smile:

There's so much! i like having kids and raising a family, and also just trying to build friendships and careers, i also like expanding the houses i have, though i'm nowhere near as creative as some of the people on here!
    Nope! not unless "ResetSim" counts :wink: its a rewarding experience getting your money by earning it!

Don't send two sims to the same job! It caused one of those sims on my game to keep glitching and getting stuck outside the entrance, he ended up getting fired because of it! different job, no problems

5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Not yet! not sure if i will, i'm enjoying 3 without any ep or mods, so there still heaps for me to do in that regard, and also the reviews of 4 aren't very complimentary, for the most part!

I haven't been by here much, but just wanted to say hello to all of the latest newcomers! :smile:

@OzGuy, welcome to the Sims! I have never had that happen where two Sims both had the same job and couldn't get to work! I currently have two Sims in the film career branch, but they are both at different levels, so maybe that's why they can go to work normally.

You will really enjoy the EP's if you get them. I have all of the EP's and I love them all! They add all kinds of variety to the game.

I see that you don't have any mods installed, so here are my suggestions for all newcomers and Simmers about mods: Some really good ones Twallan's Master Controller and Twallan's Overwatch. Master Cont. gives easy access to cheats you may like by clicking on a Sim/object and bringing up a menu of options. For ex, I use MC all the time to click on a Sim, then choose "Change this Sim's Traits," "Edit in CAS," and you can even choose "Age Up" if you like. Those are just some of the basic ones - there are a lot more!

Twallan's Overwatch literally saved my game! It would constantly get stuck and now it only pauses momentarily at 3 am "Sim time" clean up. The overwatch mod cleans up stuff that clogs up the game such as stuck cars, Sims, etc. You can google Twallan and go to his site, he has created quite a few mods. I can't speak for all of them, but MC/Overwatch are great! :mrgreen: I've used them for probably three or four years and never had issues.

Oh, I almost forgot to say: to use these mods you will have to set up the framework for it. It's really easy to do, I believe these are the instructions: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files.

Hope that helps! Have fun Simming! :smile:
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
    > @brandi22 said:
    > OzGuy wrote: »
    >
    > 1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?
    > Don't have any EP's Yet! picked up the Sims3 a few months ago but i waited til i got my new computer to start playing
    >
    > 2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    > There's so much! i like having kids and raising a family, and also just trying to build friendships and careers, i also like expanding the houses i have, though i'm nowhere near as creative as some of the people on here!
    > 3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    > Nope! not unless "ResetSim" counts its a rewarding experience getting your money by earning it!
    >
    > 4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    > Don't send two sims to the same job! It caused one of those sims on my game to keep glitching and getting stuck outside the entrance, he ended up getting fired because of it! different job, no problems
    >
    > 5. Did you buy the Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    > Not yet! not sure if i will, i'm enjoying 3 without any ep or mods, so there still heaps for me to do in that regard, and also the reviews of 4 aren't very complimentary, for the most part!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I haven't been by here much, but just wanted to say hello to all of the latest newcomers!
    >
    > OzGuy, welcome to the Sims! I have never had that happen where two Sims both had the same job and couldn't get to work! I currently have two Sims in the film career branch, but they are both at different levels, so maybe that's why they can go to work normally.
    >
    > You will really enjoy the EP's if you get them. I have all of the EP's and I love them all! They add all kinds of variety to the game.
    >
    > I see that you don't have any mods installed, so here are my suggestions for all newcomers and Simmers about mods: Some really good ones Twallan's Master Controller and Twallan's Overwatch. Master Cont. gives easy access to cheats you may like by clicking on a Sim/object and bringing up a menu of options. For ex, I use MC all the time to click on a Sim, then choose "Change this Sim's Traits," "Edit in CAS," and you can even choose "Age Up" if you like. Those are just some of the basic ones - there are a lot more!
    >
    > Twallan's Overwatch literally saved my game! It would constantly get stuck and now it only pauses momentarily at 3 am "Sim time" clean up. The overwatch mod cleans up stuff that clogs up the game such as stuck cars, Sims, etc. You can google Twallan and go to his site, he has created quite a few mods. I can't speak for all of them, but MC/Overwatch are great! I've used them for probably three or four years and never had issues.
    >
    > Oh, I almost forgot to say: to use these mods you will have to set up the framework for it. It's really easy to do, I believe these are the instructions: Can't reply with links---
    >
    > Hope that helps! Have fun Simming!
    Cheers for all that, much appreciated! :smiley:

okay, just a couple of quick questions, i found my scrapbook, how do i get those photos from there to my sims3 account page so i can save/share them? i went to share pictures i had but when i went to the scrapbook, none of the images loaded, even though i know i have pictures there, i've just seen them! i know i can't add avatars yet, for the moment i just want to be able to save and view the scrapbook pictures, Oh and the custom ones i have taken, i have no idea where they are! Thanks in advance, sorry i feel a bit thick at the moment :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    edited February 2015
    OzGuy wrote: »
    Cheers for all that, much appreciated! :smiley:

okay, just a couple of quick questions, i found my scrapbook, how do i get those photos from there to my sims3 account page so i can save/share them? i went to share pictures i had but when i went to the scrapbook, none of the images loaded, even though i know i have pictures there, i've just seen them! i know i can't add avatars yet, for the moment i just want to be able to save and view the scrapbook pictures, Oh and the custom ones i have taken, i have no idea where they are! Thanks in advance, sorry i feel a bit thick at the moment :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Hmm, I know you can upload screenshots by pressing the C button while you are in the game. They will save to your Sims 3 Launcher "Uploads" tab and from there you would place a checkmark next to each snapshot and then choose the "Upload" option. They should then upload to the "Media" folder within your Sims 3 Studio on the Sims 3 website.

To answer about the scrapbook...I haven't done much with the scrapbook that I remember, though I do have some "memories" uploaded to my page on the Sims 3 website and I think the scrapbook would be where all of your Sim's memories are stored....it's just been so long since I did that, I don't remember much! :p I would google "Sims 3 memories" or "Sims 3 scrapbook" to find out how to upload them to the site.

You may have to be logged in and also select "Enable memories" in the options menu in order to get them to upload. I'm not sure why they are not saving in the scrapbook unless you have memories disabled. If the pictures are being taken using the C button, they will be in your Screenshots folder within the Sims 3 folder. Hope this helps! :smile:
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    MY STUDIO
    Hello @OzGuy :) The pictures that you have taken are in the Screenshots folder in your My Documents -EA -Sims 3 folder. Many simmers upload them to a photo sharing site like photobucket to share them. Copy the link code of your photo from the photo hosting site , and then press the little file symbol that is above your post on the thread. Paste the photo code link there, then press enter. The photo link will then appear in your post. The picture will then appear when you press post comment.
    edited February 2015
    rosemow wrote: »
    I am sorry. I didn't see that Brandi had already answered your screenshots question on the next page of the thread :)

That's okay, Rose, you are always so helpful and that is a good thing! :smile:
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    MY STUDIO
    Thank you both, i have found my screenshots :smiley: now i just have to figure out how to get my scrapbook images onto my sims3profile page so i can save those, if its possible. Cheers! :sunglasses:
    Bump! :smile:
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    MY STUDIO
    Feel free to add me; itsnotmeitsyou90 :smiley:
  • pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    Hello sims 4 forums! My name is Jodie! I've been involved with the sims from the very beginning, downloading the first game onto our old gateway 2000 computer. I love making romantic sims who are out to find true loves. And I'm always looking for a good challenge to keep things fresh :smile:
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
    Hello sims 4 forums! My name is Jodie! I've been involved with the sims from the very beginning, downloading the first game onto our old gateway 2000 computer. I love making romantic sims who are out to find true loves. And I'm always looking for a good challenge to keep things fresh :smile:

Hello Jodie :) It is great that you have been enjoying playing sims from the beginning. You would have spent hours having fun simming over the years. Each version of the sims has great features in it. It is nice that you have now have sims 4. Happy simming! :)
    edited February 2015
    Okay tried quoting you, and it just ended up a block of text instead of separated in a grey box (any advice?)

I've been through it all, the bad and the good. When games crashed, when I had a cheap dirt old computer and bought weaker versions of the games for either ps2 or ds (sims 3, urbz) and when I wanted to throw my computer across the room from massive loading times lol. But no matter what, it's still one of the most fun games I've ever played and I will continue to go back to it time and time again.
    Helo @pottergoose :) The quoting may not work right for you until you become a member. The grey boxes which the text is in will then appear in messages that you post after becoming a member.
    edited February 2015
    @rosemow‌ curse this darn new member thing!! :-D. Can't post smileys, can't post photos, can't even quote people

*curses to the universe*

Darn it and here I've been a forum poster (many other sites) for years and years lol. You'd think I'd get seniority *goes off muttering to herself while continuing to post on the forums anyway :wink:

EDIT: well pfffft I can't even tag you in a post lol
    Okay tried quoting you, and it just ended up a block of text instead of separated in a grey box (any advice?)

I've been through it all, the bad and the good. When games crashed, when I had a cheap dirt old computer and bought weaker versions of the games for either ps2 or ds (sims 3, urbz) and when I wanted to throw my computer across the room from massive loading times lol. But no matter what, it's still one of the most fun games I've ever played and I will continue to go back to it time and time again.

Hi @pottergoose! It's good to see you on the members thread and welcome. :smile: It sounds like you have been Simming for a long time and I hope you are getting closer to member status. The more you post on the forums and get likes, the closer you will be to being able to do all of the forum things like posting pictures, quotes, etc. I agree that the Sims has been a great game to play through its ups and downs. Happy Simming :smile:
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    MY STUDIO
  • victoriae350victoriae350 Posts: 342 Member
    Hey everyone! I'm new on the forums and I'm very excited to be here! I'm a member of the School of Dragons forums linked to the School of Dragons games, and the annoying amount of complaints and hacker reports has brought me here (that and I LOVE the sims 3). From what i've seen so far, this forum is full of supporters and friendly faces. Here are my answers to the questions:

I have a few favorites; Pets, Seasons and Island Paradise. Honestly I can't chose.

Watching my sims and their wacky persona's. I love watching them go about their day.

Yes. I am embarrassed of course :3 I use testingcheatsenabled true.

Randomize your traits and put eight sims in a house. I guarantee a funny time and some drama ;)

I did ^^ My least favorite is the lack of stuff available, but my favorite thing is the writers career...I wanna be a writer :P
    edited February 2015
    Hi @victoriae350‌, welcome to the Sims forums! :smile:

I am glad to hear you are having fun with the Sims! You are right, the Sims have very goofy personalities and you never know what they are going to do next! :p:#

"Testingcheats" is a handy cheat to use and I use it all the time to teleport Sims. If you haven't tried this, it's a great trick to have in the game! Just shift-click on the ground at the point where you want your Sim to be, then choose "Teleport Me Here" from the pop-up menu and your Sim automatically appears there! :blush: No more waiting for tedious car rides! ;)

You can also shift-click on your Sim to bring up a menu to make changes to them. The ones I use a lot are transporting the Sim to create-a-sim and also changing their traits.

The writer career is great and it can be challenging and fun to play. I like to have my Sims write one type of novel and then become a specialist in that genre. :smile: I think the highest writing career level I have reached is "pretentious poet." Here is a link with more about the Sims 3 writing career: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/writing/

I hope you will continue to enjoy playing the Sims and have fun in the Sims forums, too! :smile:
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    MY STUDIO