Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone else noticed that the female kids are always fat in the game? :/

Has anyone else noticed that the female kids are always fat in the game? I almost always use a girl kid for my next generation and i am sick of them all being fat, the boy kids are hardly ever fat.

Comments

• Options
    CoriChanCoriChan Posts: 197 Member
    To me the girl and boy children have the same body type, so they don't necessarily look fat in my eyes @_@ The adults however, there was a time when they did get pretty chubby from game mechanics
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,654 Member
    None of my sims kids are ever fat, I thought it might have been a glitch, but they just don't get fat.
  • Options
    k0zik0zk0zik0z Posts: 9 New Member
    I get fat kids all the time too, even when both of the parents are skinny. But sometimes they're skinny again, don't know why :|
  • Options
    Jalice4everJalice4ever Posts: 233 Member
    mine was, but I just assumed that was from both of her parents being fat.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Yes. I have discovered that if you make the mother have any type of figure besides teenage boy, then all the female children will be fat. So if you make her all the way skinny, but widen her hips and/or butt, then all female children will be fat. Kind of sucks that that is the way the devs view female body types.
  • Options
    Hallonsaft11Hallonsaft11 Posts: 1,377 Member
    edited November 2014
    Yes, the few times my game has given me girls I´ve noticed the girls all have a larger figure as children. However, in my game, when they age up to teenagers they have obtained a figure resembeling their parents.

A good cup of coffee is always best served together with someone you like
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    My girls tend to be fine as children, but chub up when they turn into teens (which is actually normal with some girls depending on hormones and such). If you don't like it, the InstaLean potion works well to get them skinny.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited November 2014
    I haven't notice that at all.

sitting-on-the-side-of-the-pool.png

These are my two current sims both were generated by the game (one through the adoption system the other's family was generated and moved in by the game)

hanging-out-with-cassidy.png

And here they both are as kids.

I've never altered them outside of clothing and they've never been overly active but neither of them has been anywhere close to fat, in fact Cassidy (the one with the ponytail) has always been a twig.

Post edited by Celiria on
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
  • Options
    Starfire71Starfire71 Posts: 18 Member
    I have the same problem. When my baby girls age to children they are all chubby. This does not happen to the boys, only the girls.
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Girls usually come out fat and boys come out thin. Not fair.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    'Murica! ;)
  • Options
    SkellySpadesSkellySpades Posts: 328 Member
    I have thin children generated but a LOT of overweight and obese adult men and women.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    edited December 2014
    My sim had two boys with some extra weight. The only girl that sim had was kind of skinny. The mother had plenty of curves too that I gave her so I don't really know how this works... But I placed some monkey bars in the backyard and send all the kids out there everyday. I think it helps keep off weight and builds their motor skill too.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    My sims haven't had a fat child yet.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    All my sim kids are skinny, but most of the townies in my game are fat..... :s
    He/Him
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I have only 1 sim kid in my game and she is far from being fat. In fact if she stood sideways she would just about disappear. You must be over feeding your sim kids as that is the only way they generally get fat. Like you don't let them eat until they are totally hungry.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Mine always come out chubby even the boys sometimes. I just go into cas.fulleditmode and fix that right up.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I have only 1 sim kid in my game and she is far from being fat. In fact if she stood sideways she would just about disappear. You must be over feeding your sim kids as that is the only way they generally get fat. Like you don't let them eat until they are totally hungry.

No. They pop out of the bassinet fat.
  • Options
    FishyGoRawrFishyGoRawr Posts: 125 Member
    For some reason I never have fat kids, but whenever the kids age they magically get fat. It's a little odd considering the parents aren't fat either and that this happens all the time
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2014
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

No. They pop out of the bassinet fat.

Ahhhh - that explains it - I won't play the poof babies - so I just made the little girl in CAS. I have aging turned off so she just stays a child.

But tonight I went back to Sims 2 anyway... so much for Sims 4.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....