Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    LOL finally useful MySims dolls for kids to play with: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=556467
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    LOL finally useful MySims dolls for kids to play with: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=556467

Oh it's so cute ! Thanks for the link !
  • Options
    Neia wrote: »

Oh it's so cute ! Thanks for the link !
    No problem.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited June 2015
    Twincest? Is that a new one? Smh.

You know, this game actually makes my stomach turn sometimes. That's gross and totally creepy!

I'm starting to feel better about uninstalling and giving up now. Part of me still hopes they'll turn things around but it's easier, now, to accept that they probably won't.

--T

ETA: Oh, @Scobre, great poem btw!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    To7m wrote: »

You know, this game actually makes my stomach turn sometimes. That's gross and totally creepy!

I'm starting to feel better about uninstalling and giving up now. Part of me still hopes they'll turn things around but it's easier, now, to accept that they probably won't.

--T
    ETA: Oh, @Scobre, great poem btw!
    I only heard it happening with her game. I don't know how new it was but yes she explained to me how it occurred with her game with group interactions between her twins. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news with it.

Thank you. I hope I won't get banned for it, but I had a lot of fun writing that parody poem. I tried to include as much about the Sims into it especially the family related things and the upcoming patch.
  • Options

--T
    I only heard it happening with her game. I don't know how new it was but yes she explained to me how it occurred with her game with group interactions between her twins. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news with it.

Haha, you really do need to stop saying sorry.
    Its not your fault this game bares more bad news then good. But I get what you mean so thanks, bless you :)

--T
  • Options

Its not your fault this game bares more bad news then good. But I get what you mean so thanks, bless you :)

--T
    My friends and family say the same thing to me, that I say sorry too much. XD I guess it is a family trait/habit. I'm not sure if it is a blessing or a curse. My aunt had to cut the habit and guess I'm trying to with not much success.
  • Options

--T
    My friends and family say the same thing to me, that I say sorry too much. XD I guess it is a family trait/habit. I'm not sure if it is a blessing or a curse. My aunt had to cut the habit and guess I'm trying to with not much success.

In that case, it is part of who you are. You mustn't change it!! its not a bad thing though, it just shows me you are thinking of others' feelings.

--T
  • Options
    I can't find the actually video link, but skip to 5:20 and this is what culling feels in the Sims 4 to me. This was a Sims 2 video piece that was done:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9TiV6ivlGY

So I hate when family members in the Sims 4 get deleted through culling because this is exactly how it feels like.
  • Options
    I can't sleep yet, so had to figure out the number of lots and max culling limitations with the new patch. Willow Creek has 25 total lots and Oasis Springs has a total of 25 lots. The new update will add 15 lots. So that's a total of 65 lots versus the 63 lots the Sims 2 had, so yay happy about that. The current culling limit is 180 Sims. That means it will take 22.5 full households of 8 Sims each to reach the limit. The total amount of Sims that will be able to live in the lots will be 520 if you multiply 8 by 65 lots. So I'm not sure what will happen with culling whether the limit will be raise or if it is possible to replace it with the Sims 2 generating system. But yes as Maxis releases more and more expansion packs, the culling limit will need to be raised and that is probably going to hinder on computer performance on lower end computers. So, um good luck Maxis making the base game stable enough to handle expansion packs. There needs to be enough room to fit in not only new Sims, but new NPCs and workers for stores if the game is going to function well.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I can't see them raising the the max number of sims before culling kicks in, they choose to set it at that number for a reason, I presume. They either need to change the way townies are generated (I wish they would do this, since it's ridiculous to send your sim to multiple lots and see the same ones) or create some other 'hood clean-up system.

TBH, I'm not sure they'll change anything. Too hard, too expensive, and all that. :*
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I can't see them raising the the max number of sims before culling kicks in, they choose to set it at that number for a reason, I presume.

I would not exclude it completely, they have raised the maximum number of floors we can build for example.
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited June 2015
    @Scobre @To7m Not sure if the incest is still a huge problem, the whole twincest incident was pre march patch. Haven't seen anything in patch notes though so I assume its still an issue? I remember wondering at the time if full.edit mode played a part, BC I had edited the whole family to add some cc skin details prior to it occurring. :/
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Not sure if the incest is still a huge problem, the whole twincest incident was pre march patch. Haven't seen anything in patch notes though so I assume its still an issue? I remember wondering at the time if full.edit mode played a part, BC I had edited the whole family to add some cc skin details prior to it occurring. :/

I saw it mentioned only last week in a new thread, so it looks like it is still an issue :(
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,556 Member
    Just dropping in to say a quick hi!

So... we have a new hood coming! (Yes, I'm late to the party) I guess that is good for the people still playing, lots of people were asking for more room. EA must know they are still well and truly in the doghouse to be releasing it for free lol.

But I know what would look great in that hood - toddlers!!!!!!! A kiddie and toddler park; a shop dedicated to kids, toddlers and baby stuff; a pre-school type of childcare Lot; a public swimming pool with added paddling pool for toddlers...
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    Okay.... so I've been taking a forum hiatus for like the past 2 or 3 months. Sometimes I just feel like it's needed because I thought I would come back in 3 months to soooo much change and be WOW'd by all the things the dev team have done in that time and finally feel like Sims 4 would be worth my money. So I have returned, but a lot of things haven't changed apparently and I find that I'm still not pleased with what I see in this game now that we are now rapidly approaching almost a year into this game.

But for one, I am super happy that this threaad is still around. Kudos to you Sparkfairy! I applaud your hard work and dedication.

2. There are still the same glitches in this game as there were 3 months ago when I took off. I seriously thought that a lot of these would be handled by now.

3. We got a new stuff pack? Who knew. More content is cool, but I wish they would sort out their priorities. Luxury stuff is not important to me if the gameplay itself is lacking.

4. Apparently Sims 4 players are FINALLY getting a new "world." More space to put places and sims! I think that's great and all but around this time in Sims 3, we got CAW where we could create how ever many worlds we wanted to place however many sims and places that we wanted. I hate that Sims 4 players have to basically depend on EA to continue to dish out worlds in order for their games to grow. Yes, this one is free. But will the next one be free? And the one after that, and the one after that?

5. There are STILL no toddlers!!! I can't...... why?!?!?! It just is unfathomable to me that this issue is still here. And it's frustrating because their whole reasoning behind this is supposedly "we wanted the other lifestages in the game to be well rounded and amazing so we took out toddlers to really focus on the other lifestages in the game." Personally, I think that is probably the "plumest" excuse ever because the lifestages in the game are completely and overwhelmingly lacking in this game. Babies are eternally tied to a crib. Children are basically shrunken adults. Teens are adults. YA are adults. Elders are adults with wrinkles and they can't do anything fun or else they die. It doesn't make sense. If that's the real reason why toddlers aren't in game, then I feel the other lifestages that were left in the game should have been much better than what they gave us. Based off of this, then I feel as if that excuse is just something they are feeding us as a means of appeasing us.

I guess needless to say, not much has really changed in my opinion, but I'll stick around a little bit to see what's going on in the forums. Although, it seems as if things have gotten a little barren around here from a couple of months ago. Where is everybody?
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    SadieD123 wrote: »
    I guess needless to say, not much has really changed in my opinion, but I'll stick around a little bit to see what's going on in the forums. Although, it seems as if things have gotten a little barren around here from a couple of months ago. Where is everybody?
    A LOT of people kinda packed their bags after they realized TS4 wasn't for them...
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @scobre Love the song!!!

I just saddened that the silence is worse than ever, the banning that is happening of long term simmers and closing of threads that actually have a message and still no toddlers in Sims4...or CAS/color wheel, semi open worlds, fixed emotions and more actual gameplay.
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited June 2015
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    A LOT of people kinda packed their bags after they realized TS4 wasn't for them...

Either that or they were tired of being ignored. Either way though it's sad and disheartening. I don't want to give up on a game series that I love so much and that I have put in so much time, effort, and money into. I love The Sims series and I want to see it get better. A lot of the people who are now gone only wanted the same thing...... I'm getting afraid that we are starting to lose our voice and all EA will see are the people who are completely content with them being mediocre and not living up to the potential that they should be living up to. It's sad to see, because most of those people had really good ideas, made amazing points and threads up here only to be shut down and shut out by the people they wanted to hear them the most.
    Post edited by SadieD123 on
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    mwyatt139mwyatt139 Posts: 374 Member
    I've moved on. Until I see something that wows me, I'll still keep the game in my library but I play SimCity now
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my blog: https://www.merismusings.wordpress.com
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990
    Add me on Origin: mwyatt139

event.png
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @scobre Love the song!!!

I just saddened that the silence is worse than ever, the banning that is happening of long term simmers and closing of threads that actually have a message and still no toddlers in Sims4...or CAS/color wheel, semi open worlds, fixed emotions and more actual gameplay.
    Thank you and yeah there were quite a number of users that got banned too. So probably why the forum is more empty as well.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    mizuru007 wrote: »

Either that or they were tired of being ignored. Either way though it's sad and disheartening. I don't want to give up on a game series that I love so much and that I have put in so much time, effort, and money into. I love The Sims series and I want to see it get better. A lot of the people who are now gone only wanted the same thing...... I'm getting afraid that we are starting to lose our voice and all EA will see are the people who are completely content with them being mediocre and not living up to the potential that they should be living up to. It's sad to see, because most of those people had really good ideas and made amazing points and threads up here only to be shut down and shut out by the people they wanted to hear them the most.

It's not the end. Plenty of us refuse to give up, and continue to fight to be heard. If they truly want feedback that should apply to all sorts of feedback, not just the kind that praises whatever you do. Anyone with sense knows that.

This thread is a gift from us, family players, to the developers. If they choose to refuse the gift and ignore everything then that is their prerogative. However pride comes before a fall and if they refuse to see feedback other than from those who praise them then they will lose out. They will be losing out on a great deal of potential for profit, success and a great deal of wonderful people who have supported them for the past up to fifteen years. That would be truly, truly sad.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I don't think they are listening to anyone here. Only to the ones on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/YouTube. I base that on this:

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/world-of-newcrest

Scroll to the bottom.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    blaznfalcnblaznfalcn Posts: 731 Member
    Mylita wrote: »
    I don't think they are listening to anyone here. Only to the ones on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/YouTube. I base that on this:

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/world-of-newcrest

Scroll to the bottom.

Mylita

That is why I joined Twitter and send them tweets with links to great stuff from you guys here ;)
    HAHA, they can't hide from Sparks, I love it! <3 You totally Rock!!! \m/(>.<)\m/
    "Laziness is a state of mind, not necessarily a lack of action"
    ZY6USJj.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top