Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dance obsession

LovelyMelodyLovelyMelody Posts: 896 Member
Is there a mod to stop sims from dancing autonomously? I'm playing on a lot with different little caravans and they came with little stereos in each caravan. My sims keep autonomously walking over to the stereos to dance. They will dance all night if they aren't stopped. I deleted every stereo except one which is in the little girls' room. I want her to be able to dance and listen to music because it's cute but her mother keeps walking into her room and dancing. Neighboring caravan owners also walk into the girls room to dance.

If she breaks that stereo from dancing I will put it in her room and leave it there as if to say "Look at what you did." T_T
Strawberry_Shortcake_Commision_by_sugarlette.gif <~ my weakness.

Comments

• Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Mine are the same they love to dance. I've started taking their stereos away and keeping them in the family inventory, and only letting them have them for restricted periods. Unfortunately I don't know of any mod, but hopefully someone will.
  • Options
    altad1 wrote: »
    Mine are the same they love to dance. I've started taking their stereos away and keeping them in the family inventory, and only letting them have them for restricted periods. Unfortunately I don't know of any mod, but hopefully someone will.

That's hilarious XD

I don't want to take it away from the little girl though :( It'd be so nice if we still had the ability to restrict access to rooms to keep things private.
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    That would be a good solution, and children need the stereo to complete an aspiration. I'd love to have lockable doors.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    My sims prefer to dance above all else. They will leave the pool I direct them to use as soon as possible to go dance.
    There stereo will be gone next time I load the game. Since they can't seem to use it responsibly, they will lose the privilege of having one. The stereo goes into time out.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I have threatened to sell my sims stereo because the mom is ALWAYS dancing. I zone in to see what they're doing, and if she isn't on the toilet, she's dancing.

It annoys me. Count me in for locked doors being a must have... or a stereo mod... whichever comes first. There is a mod (I don't have) for no autonomous PC use... I wonder if that could be adapted? (I know zilch about making mods, just a true fan... I'm running 20 ATM.)
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Picturing this in my head & it seems hilarious.
  • Options
    I have threatened to sell my sims stereo because the mom is ALWAYS dancing. I zone in to see what they're doing, and if she isn't on the toilet, she's dancing.

It annoys me. Count me in for locked doors being a must have... or a stereo mod... whichever comes first. There is a mod (I don't have) for no autonomous PC use... I wonder if that could be adapted? (I know zilch about making mods, just a true fan... I'm running 20 ATM.)

I think it's very doable. I wouldn't know how, though. I'm sure there is someone out there in the modding community who knows exactly what to do. If only I knew who they were :(
    Picturing this in my head & it seems hilarious.

It sounds funny but my god it's frustrating to play with :P
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Ugh sorry...well there's a mod for the computers maybe they can make one for the stereos. You should ask in the modding section!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd love a mod that stopped my Sims from autonomously turning the stereo on. It's just plum rude to turn the stereo on and dance when you're right next to your roommates who are watching a movie on tv.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Your Sim is just like the Great Hero, Kevin Bacon!
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I might put one stereo in the house, most the time I don't. They can go to the venue to dance, LOL

I did learn my lesson on putting one in the bedroom. No more. They wake up after going to sleep because of the music. I have to turn it off and click for them to go back to sleep because they cant figure that out themselves, LOL
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Is there a mod to stop sims from dancing autonomously? I'm playing on a lot with different little caravans and they came with little stereos in each caravan. My sims keep autonomously walking over to the stereos to dance. They will dance all night if they aren't stopped. I deleted every stereo except one which is in the little girls' room. I want her to be able to dance and listen to music because it's cute but her mother keeps walking into her room and dancing. Neighboring caravan owners also walk into the girls room to dance.

If she breaks that stereo from dancing I will put it in her room and leave it there as if to say "Look at what you did." T_T

This needs to be tweaked, I agree. MTS might have mod to stop their idles etc. I'm not sure if I saw one to do that or not over there. Been awhile since I looked. I think these Sims learn what to do or is allowed if you encourage it or start it yourself. I know when I put a stereo in one household they never use it. Which was amazing. But in another house I played when the game first came out the guy in that household will not stop dancing. But I allowed him to do that a few times and encouraged, so now he is obsessed. Finally took all of them out of their house. It was non stop hungry, tired, whatever, he would go dance. He was the only one who was that obsessed though others used it, too. I think they 'learn' these things then it's too late.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    KoomasterKoomaster Posts: 68 Member
    One of my friends streams the game on twitch. One of his sims every time he turns around, she's out in the living room dancing to the stereo. Every time we ask of her whereabouts, we know - dancing. It became sort of a running (dancing) joke in the stream that this sim would not stop dancing above all else. Every time she finished a task - dance time.

I also noticed this while doing a legacy challenge. I eventually got to build a huge mansion and there were lots of music devices. The sims would always turn them on. I'd have one out by the pool that was constantly in use. It's like my sims didn't necessarily want to dance, but they wanted every stereo in the house turned on at all times. I would turn one off and someone would walk into the room just to turn it back on and then leave. Quite funny, haha. :lol:
    Origin ID: koomasterpc
  • Options
    catwoman2005catwoman2005 Posts: 360 Member
    You can have caravans in this game??? How and where I've not seen them
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

This needs to be tweaked, I agree. MTS might have mod to stop their idles etc. I'm not sure if I saw one to do that or not over there. Been awhile since I looked. I think these Sims learn what to do or is allowed if you encourage it or start it yourself. I know when I put a stereo in one household they never use it. Which was amazing. But in another house I played when the game first came out the guy in that household will not stop dancing. But I allowed him to do that a few times and encouraged, so now he is obsessed. Finally took all of them out of their house. It was non stop hungry, tired, whatever, he would go dance. He was the only one who was that obsessed though others used it, too. I think they 'learn' these things then it's too late.

I looked for "stereo" at MTS this morning. The only one that came up was to fix the sound during high speed... not what we're after here.
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Hmm, maybe these sims have watched 'Flashdance' and 'Dirty Dancing' one too many times. :D
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    RollingBingCatRollingBingCat Posts: 24 New Member
    Dance and play computer games, that's what they will do all day if you don't control them.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I don't let them have stereos anymore.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Let's just hope she doesn't start dancing while on the toilet. >:)

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    edited November 2014
    Cuz your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of miine :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Juana wrote: »
    Cuz your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of miine :sweat_smile:
    Love that song, nostalgia ^.^
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    This topic is hilarious! :-D
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    I think it's so cute how different sims prefer to do different things. My sim is obsessed with the computer.

Mine too. I have taken there computers away because they will play games 24/7. I've noticed that since I took their computers away my sims will use the pool on their own. Love that!

On topic: I have one sim in the house that will dance till he dies if I don't step in. Starving? Let's dance!!! Ugh.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    My Sims are not allowed stereos or observatory's. They will die inside that thing looking at stars. I've watched their bars go down into the red and they still don't leave it. The stereos and the nonstop dancing are just plain irritating.

I don't really have a problem with the computer. They will just as often go read a book, take a swim, use the exercise equipment or play chess as they will play video games or troll the forums on the computer.

Oh and the gaming platform thing, another item they are too obsessed with to allow them to have.