The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    TY @Clarkie100 I don't know what I will do if she doesn't get the job :( Fingers crossed though, LOL

She has been thru a lot and it was a big change when her husband died. I feel so bad for her. Being with my husband for 36 years next month is a long time, we have a hate/love/hate/hate relationship (LOL) so I try to put myself in her shoes because I don't know what I would do if anything happened to my husband! Its hard to really put yourself in anyone's shoes unless it has actually happened to you. The loss of a loved one is a tremendous loss, regardless if its a parent, child, relative, or friend!

She gets stressed and her blood pressure goes up, so I try to give her advice on keeping stress down.......needless to say, its not working for me atm.........she has a way about her, LOL

I did find out that she is suppose to be on blood pressure meds, water pills, and depression meds........she doesn't take any of them due to finances :( I don't know much about depression ( I feel depressed at times but never required meds) so I guess that is the difference? I know she is stressed and I try to give her that little push to get her back to her life. She has a daughter and grandkids to think about. I don't think I am being much help though, its hard to help someone who doesn't want to help themselves?

You are a good person, you are trying to help your friend and that is lovely. I am sorry to hear she has lost her husband, you are an amazing person for helping her.

It is a shame she is unable to take her medication. Her doctor will have prescribed them to help her, and improve her health.
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    cristill13 wrote: »
    @SilentWolf101 :# I'm terrified of spiders. We spray Home Defence around the house, window and doors. I'm a camper and my hubby has no no idea why I'm okay when I'm camping and not at home. It's weird, but I guess I just pretend that they are not there. It's a mind thing.
    So, I love camping, but I think for me the reason I'm okay with it is because I'm coming into their home, where as at my home I'm not okay with it. I guess it's more of a territory issue.

rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @SilentWolf101. It is good that you were able to trap the spider into the cup. Perhaps you can try to get it back outside, or you may need to kill it.
    Sadly, I think I might have to kill it... I keep making myself paranoid by imagining what would happen if I let it go outside - it could easily get back inside, or it could try to bite me when I let it go, and so on. Curse you, wild imagination...
    I think it might be best to kill it. I hope your killing of it goes okay.
    So, my brother came home, and he let it go outside - then immediately killed it because he flipped out. At least we kind of tried...
    *takes a deep breath*
    When I told her she could move in, I told her she could only stay till the first of August because my daughter is going off to college and my son is taking her room (much bigger) over and his room is not big enough to hold my friends stuff, LOL. She was only working part time so this new job is full time. She is stressing too just knowing she has about a month to find somewhere else to go. She has family but no one wants her ( I think I know why now, LOL) You think you know someone till you actually live with them :s

I took your advise @rosemow and went in there to talk to her (since she was not coming to me). She has to go tomorrow for more testing ( like a stress test, she has to wear a heart monitor too). Never heard of a job making you go through all these tests, geez! If she passes this last test tomorrow she will start Tuesday next week. So she quit her other job after working two days this week *smh* so again, she will have a nice vacation before starting work ( I know that sounds mean, sorry) I don't take a dime from her, I buy her food that she needs, gave her some gas money (and didn't get it back)........so I am hoping and praying she passes this last test tomorrow.

Please keep me in your thoughts, I will have my fingers crossed that she passes the test!

*Hugs*
    *hugs* I do hope that everything goes well.
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    So, for a long time now I've been clean of an old habit - cutting - several months, actually. I can almost always get out of a bad habit by writing down everything that pops to mind in my little journal. Sadly, last night I had a mental breakdown and I had a hard relapse. After that, I got rid of what I used to use - threw it out the window - then I went and took a shower so it didn't seem like I had been crying for the past ten minutes. The only other person I told was my brother, and he didn't take it too well. Thankfully, he agreed not to tell my parents on the account that I got rid of the weapon of choice and that I made him a promise - I don't break promises, and he knows that. I'm afraid to tell my parents because... Well, the way they reacted when they first found out was rather bad - my mom tried to make me feel guilty (and succeeded with ease), and my dad lectured me about it, and I ended up in the hospital for a suicide evaluation and was sent to a therapist who didn't help and was put on several different depression medications that didn't last or that didn't work right or whatever... I don't want to go through all that again, not when I'm trying to get over it. I'm only 16, and this isn't something a normal 16 year old should be going through. I know that it's wrong and I know that it's bad, and that's why I got rid of it - why I kept it in the first place I don't even know. I just don't know what to do.
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    My friend is getting ready to go for her testing. Fingers crossed here! She is getting worked up and worried about her Blood Pressure. I told her to calm down and go thru the testing and then stress afterwards, LOL. She is worried because if she doesn't pass the test, she has no job because she quit her other one because she "thought" she had this one :(

She got ice cream out last night and put it in the freezer (so she thought) and grabbed her bowl and looked on the counter to make sure she put her box of ice cream up. She thought she was good to go, LOL. BUT the ice cream box was found in the microwave (next to the fridge) so its good to know I am not the only forgetful one around here :p

I hope everyone is feeling good today!

*hugs*
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,710 Member
    So, for a long time now I've been clean of an old habit - cutting - several months, actually. I can almost always get out of a bad habit by writing down everything that pops to mind in my little journal. Sadly, last night I had a mental breakdown and I had a hard relapse. After that, I got rid of what I used to use - threw it out the window - then I went and took a shower so it didn't seem like I had been crying for the past ten minutes. The only other person I told was my brother, and he didn't take it too well. Thankfully, he agreed not to tell my parents on the account that I got rid of the weapon of choice and that I made him a promise - I don't break promises, and he knows that. I'm afraid to tell my parents because... Well, the way they reacted when they first found out was rather bad - my mom tried to make me feel guilty (and succeeded with ease), and my dad lectured me about it, and I ended up in the hospital for a suicide evaluation and was sent to a therapist who didn't help and was put on several different depression medications that didn't last or that didn't work right or whatever... I don't want to go through all that again, not when I'm trying to get over it. I'm only 16, and this isn't something a normal 16 year old should be going through. I know that it's wrong and I know that it's bad, and that's why I got rid of it - why I kept it in the first place I don't even know. I just don't know what to do.

Hello @SilentWolf101. I send big hugs to you <3 You are a special person. Your family love you and care about you. They don't want you to feel so unhappy that you cut yourself. I am sorry that you have had times and continue to have times when you feel so low that you hurt yourself in this way. You are hurting inside, and you are trying to use a physical means to express your pain. Could you perhaps visit a doctor or counsellor that you choose to go to, to discuss how you are feeling? It may help to talk your feelings over, as a way of helping you cope with how you are feeling inside. You are hurting yourself both inwardly and outside when cutting. They can offer support and listen. It is good that you have thrown away what you use to do it. When you get feelings to want to harm yourself, straightaway try to go and do something else that will stop you from doing it. Read a book, do simming, watch TV, or listen to music, or something else that stops you from thinking about how you are feeling. Try and focus your thoughts on something else.
    There will be good times and not so good times in your life. Try to take a day at a time, and always remember that you are a special person that is uniquely you in this life and has a role to play in the world.
    I send big hugs to you. <3
  • Options
    My friend is getting ready to go for her testing. Fingers crossed here! She is getting worked up and worried about her Blood Pressure. I told her to calm down and go thru the testing and then stress afterwards, LOL. She is worried because if she doesn't pass the test, she has no job because she quit her other one because she "thought" she had this one :(

She got ice cream out last night and put it in the freezer (so she thought) and grabbed her bowl and looked on the counter to make sure she put her box of ice cream up. She thought she was good to go, LOL. BUT the ice cream box was found in the microwave (next to the fridge) so its good to know I am not the only forgetful one around here :p

*hugs*

Hello @charlotteprice. <3 I hope that your friend's testing goes well and that she is able to get the job.
    It is not good that she put the ice cream into the microwave instead of the freezer!
    Sending hugs to you <3
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member

Congrats on being clean for a couple months! I think its great that you can write things down in your journal. Writing things down or talking about it is a good and helpful thing!

A Parent will always worry about their children and only want the best for them, so of course they will lecture ( I always dreaded those lectures, LOL). I am glad you are close to your brother to have told him. It is ok to cry too, just let them tears flow, it really does help!

Life throws us curveballs all the time, we just learn to dodge them! So when you get to feeling sad, just treat it like a sad habit and throw it to the back of your mind and do something else that brings a smile to your face! Sometimes that is easier said than done.......but it can be done!

My thoughts and prayers go out to you, throwing some of my strength your way too!

*hugs*
  • Options
    *hugs* @rosemow and @charlotteprice Thank you.
  • Options

I know just how difficult it can be. I had a similar issue a few months ago.

I know it's hard, but please take care of yourself, I started around my teens and it's still with me 10 years later. I don't want that for you.

I am sending you lots of hugs, I hope you are okay.
  • Options

*hugs*

I hope everything goes okay for your friend. These things can be stressful, it is great that you are there to support her and offer her advice.
  • Options
    Clarkie100 wrote: »

I know it's hard, but please take care of yourself, I started around my teens and it's still with me 10 years later. I don't want that for you.

Hello @Clarkie101. I send many big hugs to you <3 I keep you in my thoughts, as you live day by day with your health issues. You are a very caring, thoughtful and special person. Sending more hugs to you, to help you through those days and times when life feels a bit more harder. <3
  • Options

So, I'm spending the weekend at my grandpa's house, and already I feel a lot better, and I have a lot more confidence in myself. Even though my grandpa doesn't support the same things that I support (I support LGBT and everything related), I still feel better being here. But it's only for the weekend, and then I go back to my parent's house. Maybe I just needed a break... I don't want anybody to feel like they have to cut, but I feel like a hypocrite when I tell people not to and then I still do it.
  • Options

So, I'm spending the weekend at my grandpa's house, and already I feel a lot better, and I have a lot more confidence in myself. Even though my grandpa doesn't support the same things that I support (I support LGBT and everything related), I still feel better being here. But it's only for the weekend, and then I go back to my parent's house. Maybe I just needed a break... I don't want anybody to feel like they have to cut, but I feel like a hypocrite when I tell people not to and then I still do it.

Hello @SilentWolf101. It is good that you are spending the weekend at your grandpa's house and that it is helping you to feel better. Sometimes being in a different location, and talking to other people and doing other things that are different from what you would be doing at home can be helpful. Having a break can allow us to perhaps see things in a different way or help to relieve pressure or strain that we are under. It helps our minds and bodies.
    You understand how people feel when they cut, so you can understand their thoughts. By you telling them not to do it, you are seeking to help them. You have thrown away what you used to do the cuttings. It is a good step. There will be times when life seems a bit overwhelming and harder than at other times. Try to endure through the harder times.and know that you can come out the other side of how you are feeling. There are better days, and better hours ahead. You have people here thinking about you and wanting the best for you in your life. We care about how you are feeling.
    Sending hugs to you <3
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you.
  • Options

Having breaks now and then to relax is good, I can understand and you are doing extremely well. It is good that you are feeling better. :)
  • Options

Hello @Clarkie101. I send many big hugs to you <3 I keep you in my thoughts, as you live day by day with your health issues. You are a very caring, thoughtful and special person. Sending more hugs to you, to help you through those days and times when life feels a bit more harder. <3

Thank you @rosemow. :heart: I am sending you lots of hugs back. :heart:
  • Options
    cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    @SilentWolf101, I just read some of your past posts. I'm so sorry that you're going through such a hard time. I know that you're visiting your grandparents this weekend. I wish you well and my thoughts are with you. Lots of hugs and remember that there are people who care about you. <3
  • Options
    cristill13 wrote: »
    @SilentWolf101, I just read some of your past posts. I'm so sorry that you're going through such a hard time. I know that you're visiting your grandparents this weekend. I wish you well and my thoughts are with you. Lots of hugs and remember that there are people who care about you. <3
    Thank you. *hugs*
  • Options
    Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    *takes a deep breath*
    When I told her she could move in, I told her she could only stay till the first of August because my daughter is going off to college and my son is taking her room (much bigger) over and his room is not big enough to hold my friends stuff, LOL. She was only working part time so this new job is full time. She is stressing too just knowing she has about a month to find somewhere else to go. She has family but no one wants her ( I think I know why now, LOL) You think you know someone till you actually live with them :s

I took your advise @rosemow and went in there to talk to her (since she was not coming to me). She has to go tomorrow for more testing ( like a stress test, she has to wear a heart monitor too). Never heard of a job making you go through all these tests, geez! If she passes this last test tomorrow she will start Tuesday next week. So she quit her other job after working two days this week *smh* so again, she will have a nice vacation before starting work ( I know that sounds mean, sorry) I don't take a dime from her, I buy her food that she needs, gave her some gas money (and didn't get it back)........so I am hoping and praying she passes this last test tomorrow.

Please keep me in your thoughts, I will have my fingers crossed that she passes the test!

*Hugs*

I hope she passes the test for your sake as well as hers. It is awesome that you're helping her, but she seems to not want to put much of an effort into anything. If she passes that test and gets the job, I would tell her that she needs to start giving you some rent money to help with the bills. Maybe that will be a catalyst to motivate her to find an affordable apartment of her own. The fact that the stress you're dealing with regarding her can affect your health is a concern. You don't need that kind of stress. Hopefully, you'll have some peace and relaxation some day.
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    Spreading hugs to everybody out there, whether or not you're going through a hard time. *hugs*
  • Options
    So, I just recently found out that my stepbrother (who works in the firefighter field) married another man (who works for the military), and I couldn't be happier for them. ^-^ *proudness*
  • Options
    So, I just recently found out that my stepbrother (who works in the firefighter field) married another man (who works for the military), and I couldn't be happier for them. ^-^ *proudness*

Hello @SilentWolf101. Congratulations to your stepbrother on his marriage.
    I hope that your time away at your grandpa's home helped to give you a break, and that this week holds better days for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top