Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I keep running into the same sims

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimDadSimDad Posts: 523 Member
    Has anyone tried clearing cache and seeing if that helps reset the world?
    aTv8KCZ.jpg
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    I picked up a tip from a poster in another thread. Last weekend, I went into Manage Households and deleted a bunch of unplayed households with a single Sim who was an elder. Cleared out a lot of elders from my game. I'm hoping the game will automatically spawn newer Sims to replace them.

I have gone and deleted the random townies multiple times. The games still spawns new ones or sends the same 10 townies is made to every lot I visit. I have about 30 or so that I have made that I still haven't seen.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    SimDad wrote: »
    Has anyone tried clearing cache and seeing if that helps reset the world?

Yes, I do this everytime I play before I play and still nothing changes.

• Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    I already noticed in previous games that deleting the 'not in the world' random sims increases the chances of finding custom sims in public lots. However, it only takes a couple of days until the townies start flooding the place because they keep getting generated every day. Like I said, it's a chore to clean them out regularly :(

And in my particular case, random townies weren't the problem, it's one household that's overrepresented in the nightclub. It's nice to see sims I wanted to see in the game, but not that often. Variety is the spice of life and I'm not getting any, lol. Even the random townies become regulars. As you can see in my Excel sheet, the first day (I deleted all the 'not in the world' sims before that) had 5 custom sims show up that never visited again. I gave everyone who visited at least twice a colour, and the 3 other days are almost fully coloured. So I don't know how the game determines who visits a lot, but I do think there's something wrong. And it happens to random townies (as others have reported) as well as custom households.
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    So I decided to give the Dragon Age characters another chance and inserted the two households into the world again.

Guess who were occupying the nightclub day after day and night after night?

YEP. So I had to delete them again.

I'm almost starting to think the game is doing it on purpose, as some sort of aggressive markting ploy for Inquisition. :p
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    lilmisfit1987lilmisfit1987 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited October 2014
    Dragon Age you say????...I'm sorry what were we talking about? O YEA! I always run into the same sims at the gym too, which can be alright when my sim is trying to chat up that same cute redhead on the punching bag, but otherwise it is very annoying. Especially for doing the last bodybuilder goal of mentoring 15 people. How is he supposed to that when all he sees in the same 6-8 sims over and over again? Walk over to park and the same 6-8 townies, grrrr.

P.S. Is your Fenris and Alistar any good? May I borrow them?
  • Options
    MerrySardMerrySard Posts: 97 Member
    I found it amusing to sit my Anders down at the park blench behind his (and Fenris') house to have a long chat with one of my Silmaril sims, Elenlossë. I like to think of it as him trying to lecture the future Queen of Ferelden about Mage Freedom.
  • Options
    sparkler_rosesparkler_rose Posts: 466 Member
    I love how normal it is to say you ran into Vladimir Putin at the club! :D Gotta love the sims