Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I keep running into the same sims

I didn't have many custom families in my world, so I often met random townies at public lots. I decided to fill all the empty houses and lots with households I created myself and downloaded some from the gallery, to increase the chances of seeing a familiar face. Every single lot is now inhabited by mostly new, non-original sims.

I sent my Sim to the nightclub, to see if it had any effect. Yay, hardly any random townies! In fact, it looked like all the Dragon Age companions came out to have a drink and dance. My Sim met Leliana, danced with Sten, had an unpleasant conversation with Anders, cracked some jokes with Oghren and ordered a drink for Alistair. So far, so good. Nice to see someone I know.

Next night, my Sim felt like going out again, so I headed to the nightclub. Looks like those Dragon Age people really enjoyed the night before, because they were there again in full force. Sim had a good time, but was a bit disappointed she didn't meet anyone new.

Then it looked like the Dragon Age peeps made the nightclub their own. Whether I came there during the morning, afternoon, evening or night, always the same people. Tried to mix it up by going to the bar, but the bar is always filled with random townies and Vladimir Putin. Decided to visit the lounge, but that one's filled with old people. I hardly see any other custom people in other public lots.

I noticed my Sim had gained some weight, so I sent her to the gym for a workout. She was running on a treadmill when I saw Alistair, in his tight boxers, walk into the place. This is my chance! If he's going to do a workout now, he won't be in the nightclub! Took the cab to the club, and guess what? Alistair is dancing right there. And Sten, Oghren etc. enter the building soon after.

I tried to move the Companions to another lot, tried changing the lounge into a nightclub to see if the other nightclub simply had an irresistable effect on them (nope, they still showed up), I even evicted them to put them in the "not in the world" map, hoping the chances of them appearing would be lower. Nope, nope, nope. My only option would be to delete them, but most of them are friends with my Sim (duh, hard to not become friends when you see eachother so often). Though I am curious to see who'll occupy the nightclubs next when they are gone :p

/random story

tl;dr: Do you ever see the same sims in specific places over and over again?
What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery

Comments

• Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    maybe the same sims are just running into you
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Cerrydd wrote: »
    I didn't have many custom families in my world, so I often met random townies at public lots. I decided to fill all the empty houses and lots with households I created myself and downloaded some from the gallery, to increase the chances of seeing a familiar face. Every single lot is now inhabited by mostly new, non-original sims.<br />
    <br />
    I sent my Sim to the nightclub, to see if it had any effect. Yay, hardly any random townies! In fact, it looked like all the Dragon Age companions came out to have a drink and dance. My Sim met Leliana, danced with Sten, had an unpleasant conversation with Anders, cracked some jokes with Oghren and ordered a drink for Alistair. So far, so good. Nice to see someone I know.<br />
    <br />
    Next night, my Sim felt like going out again, so I headed to the nightclub. Looks like those Dragon Age people really enjoyed the night before, because they were there again in full force. Sim had a good time, but was a bit disappointed she didn't meet anyone new.<br />
    <br />
    Then it looked like the Dragon Age peeps made the nightclub their own. Whether I came there during the morning, afternoon, evening or night, always the same people. Tried to mix it up by going to the bar, but the bar is always filled with random townies and Vladimir Putin. Decided to visit the lounge, but that one's filled with old people. I hardly see any other custom people in other public lots.<br />
    <br />
    I noticed my Sim had gained some weight, so I sent her to the gym for a workout. She was running on a treadmill when I saw Alistair, in his tight boxers, walk into the place. This is my chance! If he's going to do a workout now, he won't be in the nightclub! Took the cab to the club, and guess what? Alistair is dancing right there. And Sten, Oghren etc. enter the building soon after.<br />
    <br />
    I tried to move the Companions to another lot, tried changing the lounge into a nightclub to see if the other nightclub simply had an irresistable effect on them (nope, they still showed up), I even evicted them to put them in the "not in the world" map, hoping the chances of them appearing would be lower. Nope, nope, nope. My only option would be to delete them, but most of them are friends with my Sim (duh, hard to not become friends when you see eachother so often). Though I am curious to see who'll occupy the nightclubs next when they are gone :p <br />
    <br />
    /random story<br />
    <br />

If they are the sims I have created, as in your example, I like this a lot.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    maybe the same sims are just running into you
    Then she might need a restraining order.....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    When i was trying to play a game without cheats(didn't last long,) i saw two little girl Sims i had made playing together on the sidewalk.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    I tend to see the same sims at the same places but not at other places... weird.
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    I did notice it in previous games, but never to this extent. It's okay for sims to have preferences for certain public lots, but it would be nice if they decided to stay home for a change and give others a chance to go clubbing. There are plenty of extravert young adults in my neighbourhood, but they seem to stay holed up in her houses. I never see them. Kind of defeats the purpose of having lots of sims living in the worlds.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    I did notice it in previous games, but never to this extent. It's okay for sims to have preferences for certain public lots, but it would be nice if they decided to stay home for a change and give others a chance to go clubbing. There are plenty of extravert young adults in my neighborhood, but they seem to stay holed up in her houses. I never see them. Kind of defeats the purpose of having lots of sims living in the worlds.

Yep; Nancy, Geoffrey, Bob, and Mortimer go to every single lot that my Sim goes. It means that they take up those four slots that my Sim could have seen somebody new. She doesn't meet them, I just send her to the lots so I can Sim watch. It's not much fun when it's the same Sims at every single lot.

I have 40 single Sims living in 5 "townie" houses that I created. I never see them anywhere, kind of disappointing. I just see the EA pre-mades that I evicted to make room for my own Sims.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I didn't have many custom families in my world, so I often met random townies at public lots. I decided to fill all the empty houses and lots with households I created myself and downloaded some from the gallery, to increase the chances of seeing a familiar face. Every single lot is now inhabited by mostly new, non-original sims.<br />
    <br />
    I sent my Sim to the nightclub, to see if it had any effect. Yay, hardly any random townies! In fact, it looked like all the Dragon Age companions came out to have a drink and dance. My Sim met Leliana, danced with Sten, had an unpleasant conversation with Anders, cracked some jokes with Oghren and ordered a drink for Alistair. So far, so good. Nice to see someone I know.<br />
    <br />
    Next night, my Sim felt like going out again, so I headed to the nightclub. Looks like those Dragon Age people really enjoyed the night before, because they were there again in full force. Sim had a good time, but was a bit disappointed she didn't meet anyone new.<br />
    <br />
    Then it looked like the Dragon Age peeps made the nightclub their own. Whether I came there during the morning, afternoon, evening or night, always the same people. Tried to mix it up by going to the bar, but the bar is always filled with random townies and Vladimir Putin. Decided to visit the lounge, but that one's filled with old people. I hardly see any other custom people in other public lots.<br />
    <br />
    I noticed my Sim had gained some weight, so I sent her to the gym for a workout. She was running on a treadmill when I saw Alistair, in his tight boxers, walk into the place. This is my chance! If he's going to do a workout now, he won't be in the nightclub! Took the cab to the club, and guess what? Alistair is dancing right there. And Sten, Oghren etc. enter the building soon after.<br />
    <br />
    I tried to move the Companions to another lot, tried changing the lounge into a nightclub to see if the other nightclub simply had an irresistable effect on them (nope, they still showed up), I even evicted them to put them in the "not in the world" map, hoping the chances of them appearing would be lower. Nope, nope, nope. My only option would be to delete them, but most of them are friends with my Sim (duh, hard to not become friends when you see eachother so often). Though I am curious to see who'll occupy the nightclubs next when they are gone :p <br />
    <br />
    /random story<br />
    <br />

It's my theory the community lots aren't resetting themselves because I have the same problem but it's my own played Sims at the gym still there though I have went back and actually played them since then. I fear these are merely copies left on community lots like the bug in the Apartment Life EP for TS2, when you evicted townies etc. to get the apartment you wanted the game left copies of Sims behind. I really think the community lots aren't resetting sometimes.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    I am noticing the same sims going to every community lot I visit. I made a bunch of townies and deleted most of EAs sims. Some of the sims I made are in houses and some in the bin. The same 10 sims or so are appearing at every lot my sim goes to. I have many sims I made that I have never seen out and about.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    LauriApp wrote: »
    I am noticing the same sims going to every community lot I visit. I made a bunch of townies and deleted most of EAs sims. Some of the sims I made are in houses and some in the bin. The same 10 sims or so are appearing at every lot my sim goes to. I have many sims I made that I have never seen out and about.

Try sending them to the lots and see if the game will start switching them out. I only have this problem on a few lots, not all, So that was my concern that maybe particular community lots aren't resetting. I mean they are already there when I get there, not like others are describing showing up after they get there. My problem is they are already there. I don't think they ever left in several Sim weeks.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    LauriApp wrote: »

Try sending them to the lots and see if the game will start switching them out. I only have this problem on a few lots, not all, So that was my concern that maybe particular community lots aren't resetting. I mean they are already there when I get there, not like others are describing showing up after they get there. My problem is they are already there. I don't think they ever left in several Sim weeks.

I don't think it's the lots not resetting. I had my sim go to every community lot. At some lots it was only the same group of sims were there or they would come there. At others it would be one or two of that group then some EA generated townies. I have about 25 - 30 sims in the townie bin I either haven't seen or have only seen once.
  • Options
    I saved my game and deleted the Dragon Age Origins household (and all other 'not in the world) people) to see what would happen to the nightclub. I sent my sim to the nightclub 4 days for 12 hours each to see who would show up. Anyone with an * before their name is a random townie.

Excel visual: 38.media.tumblr.com/d42531eb6e5237191d5921b1b99171eb/tumblr_ndfy0uLNgS1s873l7o1_1280.png (I can't post links yet, copy paste into browser, hope it works)

The amount of times sims showed up per household:

Fenris 4/4
    Anders 4/4
    Varric 3/4
    Aveline 2/4

Summer 3/4
    Liberty 1/4

Zoe 3/4
    J Huntington 1/4
    Gavin 1/4

Beth 2/4

Snoop Dogg 2/4

Luke 1/4
    Alvin 2/4
    Rebecca 2/4

Schama 1/4

Snow White 1/4

Anna 1/4
    Philip 1/4

Random single townies (not counting mixologists):
    Maxim 3/4
    Esmee 2/4
    Iris 2/4
    Marjolein 2/4
    _______

Now that the Origins companions have been deleted, 4 of the Dragon Age 2 sims are enjoying the spotlight. (tbh, Anders was present a lot too before I purged the Origins people). There's hardly any variation in the people that show up and I don't think that's supposed to happen. Even the randomly generated townies are mostly the same. There are so many more sims in my 2 worlds, but I never see them. If it wasn't such a chore, I'd do this 'scientific experiment' (lol) at the other venues too, but I think this is pretty clear, since the Origins characters were hogging up all the space before their deletion. I think it's easier (and creepier) to meet new sims by just walking to their houses and knocking on their doors than to visit public lots. "Hello, I had a vision that the sim of my dreams lives here, mind if I chill at your place for a while?"
  • Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    Some of the venues are designed to appeal to certain types of Sims (the nightclubs for young adults and adults, the lounge for elders, etc.) so it's not really surprising you'd see the same people come in a lot.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    Sims you have met and are friends with have a much higher chance of showing up places you go.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • Options
    Well, yeah, but if you have 80 (young) adult sims living in your world, you should be seeing different sims every day, instead of the same ones over and over and over and over again.

And sims you've met/are friends with showing up more often is stupid. It defeats the purpose of going out and meeting new people if you keep seeing the same sims at that place. Keep in mind that I've never run into those sims at other venues, just the nightclub.
  • Options
    JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member

I have 40 single Sims living in 5 "townie" houses that I created. I never see them anywhere, kind of disappointing. I just see the EA pre-mades that I evicted to make room for my own Sims.

This is me... sort of. My sims do occasionally run into other sims that I created, but not very often :\
  • Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    Well, yeah, but if you have 80 (young) adult sims living in your world, you should be seeing different sims every day, instead of the same ones over and over and over and over again.<br />
    <br />
    And sims you've met/are friends with showing up more often is stupid. It defeats the purpose of going out and meeting new people if you keep seeing the same sims at that place. Keep in mind that I've never run into those sims at other venues, just the nightclub.

I agree.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Maxis doesn't do random well...never have. I have the same thing happen time and time again. Yeah, the different lot types attract different types of sims, but even if you have 80 young adults in your town, there will still usually be a core that shows up at the nightclub again and again. And at the gym. It's either by design or by poor design. Or both.
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Not sure if you would want to. but if you go to simsvip someone had actually empited out the worlds. so you can place down whatever you want. I am using it now. I love it. I don't see any of the same sims at all. The game generated all new sims finally Just go a google search for empty worlds the sims 4 and it should tell you the link
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Same townies show up over and over. I hate them.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I tend to move families into the adjacent homes in the neighborhood. That way, it makes sense to see those Sims regularly. And my Sims will have extra social interactions when dealing with neighbors, such as "Enthuse about property values, Complain about teens in the hood, etc.".
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I've got both worlds almost filled with families I made myself, and ones like the Goths, Don L., the regulars. You wouldn't think when I go to a park, it's all townies I don't play.
  • Options
    I'm 'happy' to hear I'm not the only one with this problem, I almost started to think my game was bugged. It's really annoying and killing some of the joy in the game. I'm still seeing the same people in the nightclub, so I guess I'm going to delete another household. It's also a bit silly that the game still pumps out so many random townies when there are plenty of sims in the world to use. I can understand generating some mixologists when there's no one skilled enough available for the job or just some extras, but skipping 20% of the world population to add some new visitors to the nightclub (or whatever venue) when 80% has never seen the place yet is ridiculous.

It's also such a drag to delete those townies every now and then, one by one.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I find that the same sims can be at two places at one time. I went to a club and the sims were there, so I left as only elders are in my town for some reason, elders in their underwear! anyway that is another post, but, I went to the park and who should be there but the same sims. Now just a minute before they were at the club now they are in the park playing chess, I went back to the club to see if any of the young sims I made were there, and guess what the same sims that were in the park were back at the club! Go figure. I think it takes awhile for the game to generate new townies in the worlds, so they use the ones they have at the different venues, thinking that not everyone is like me hopping from one place to another, they think we do not have time for that, but, I wanted to see what would happen so I then went to the gym, guess what they were there also. Seems like I am stalked by the same sims everywhere I go LOL!
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I picked up a tip from a poster in another thread. Last weekend, I went into Manage Households and deleted a bunch of unplayed households with a single Sim who was an elder. Cleared out a lot of elders from my game. I'm hoping the game will automatically spawn newer Sims to replace them.
    Origin ID: nik24x7