Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Expansion Pack Survey? NOW INCLUDES SCREENSHOTS

Comments

• Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited October 2014
    If this list is true, I'm out.

City living + fame and fortune = late night.

Active careers = watered down ambitions.

Health and wellness = what used to be base game content.

Business owner is of course OFB, yay for many but I never liked OFB that much.

Town life might be OK if they added HUGE zones to the game.

All in all it looks like watered down versions of everything we've already seen.
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »
    I wonder if they're in the middle of making one right now, and these are for future ideas? Or if this is going to help decide the first one?

They'll be working on one already; remember, they still have an entire team of people working away. Not many of them will be working on the patch features; I'm sure one of the Gurus said the other day that only one person is working on pools. I would not expect any of these ideas to feature in the first expansion, which makes the likelihood of a Generations type expansion even higher.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    I didn't get an email.

I guess Maxis doesn't love me anymore ç-ç

I'm not really fond of any of the options but Supernatural, though. Still, I liked "Magic College" or whatever better (it was an option on the last survey).
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    I never get any surveys! :'( The business and supernatural ones I would LOVE to see!!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    These all sound great except for the superstar one. I disabled the celebrity point system on sims 3 after I got that expansion. I would love celebrity careers however. Just not that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 point system. Lol.
  • Options
    Wishonmeh05Wishonmeh05 Posts: 637 Member
    Really like all the different ones they seem to be leaning towards. My pick would probably be Town Life first, Supernatural next, and Health and Wellness sounds pretty interesting. I think my least favorite (though I would probably still buy it) would be City Life or maybe Fame and Fortune...never really used those features much in Sims 3 but would like to see how they would be implemented in 4.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Omg...the mayor one is something I've been dreaming about since TS2. It can probably be tossed in with something else, but I hope we eventually see that one.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    These all sound great except for the superstar one. I disabled the celebrity point system on sims 3 after I got that expansion. I would love celebrity careers however. Just not that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 point system. Lol.

I'm quite interested in the Superstar EP because I LOVE the idea that we can make our own sophisticated in-game movies. There was a game by Peter Molyneux in the mid 2000s that was called "The Movies" and had exactly this concept: Sims in a Hollywood Studio, playing through the decades and making more and more complex and modern movies which could be published and rated on the internet. I loved that game, I played it day and night for months.

amazon.com/Movies-PC/dp/B00026D13A/ref=sr_1_1?s=software&ie=UTF8&qid=1412890110&sr=1-1&keywords=the+movies

• Options
    KrystabelaKrystabela Posts: 143 Member
    Health and wellness :\ yeah no thanks. The others look okay. I like the idea of being my own mayor and making the rules. That definitely has lol potential. I would love to see a bigger town with more options. The town as it is is umm plain, boring etc. And babies...why can I not do more with babies?! The poor things lay in their crib doing nothing. And more outdoor stuff for the children to do. I'd definitely would love to see a generations type expansion or a town expansion first...maybe both or am I pushing it?
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Town life! Town life! Oh, plllllleeeeeeaaaaaassseeeeeeee!
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    Krystabela wrote: »
    Health and wellness :\ yeah no thanks.

Health and wellness = taking the spa out of the game and selling it back as an EP... lol.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    No survey yet for me. They didn't mention this, but it is something I would like to see somewhere down the road. I hope we get pets eventually, but I think other things need to be done first. Pets are part of the family. The basics: Dogs, cats, birds, and small animals. Hopefully they will add some farm type animals like horses, pigs, goats, sheep, chickens, cows, geese, and ducks. And maybe some zoo type animals so that we can have a small zoo. I would like to see the return of the skunk, the raccoon, and deer. And of course the llama, which I am surprised has never existed, since it shares the spotlight with freezer bunny as a sims mascot. Another thing I would like is a small group of wild birds that will basically be like a object that you could set by the bird bath. I would also like to see weather make a comeback at some point in the game.
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

All in all it looks like watered down versions of everything we've already seen.

I think the ideas for Health & Wellness could be added in as part of another EP (like saunas and massages came with SS in 1), though I can't speak on Ambitions or Late Night because I never played them. I have to admit I'm pretty excited about the Business Owner and Town Life ideas, though - it's not everyone's cup of tea but I like anything that adds depth to the towns/ neighbourhoods themselves. And tbh I think it's kind of inevitable we're going to get repeats, when you're expanding a Sims game there are certain options that are extremely popular no matter how far along we are.

I don't know what to think about Supernatural, as of yet nothing they've come up with has beaten MM for me, but I'll be interested to see what they do with it.

What kind of stuff do you want to see, Vlax?
  • Options
    AnaCecilia63AnaCecilia63 Posts: 190 Member
    edited October 2014
    And so far, nothing about Generations a.k.a. family trees or toddlers. *sigh*

ETA: Which means they'll *probably* give toddlers away in a patch, or will not be giving them at all.
    My Tumblr
    My Blog
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win". ~ Mahatma Gandhi.
  • Options

First two off the top,

Fast Lane - add cars and car play, demolition derbies, monster trucks, racing, ect.

Lake Time - Neighborhood with huge lake zone and all the appropriate activities, like boating, skiing, camping, cave exploring ect.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with that stuff added back to the game, but at this point they need to combine like 3 EP ideas into 1 EP if I were to judge by the content that base came with.

• Options
    LayMollsLayMolls Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Fordee09 said:
    > Rinilex wrote: »
    >
    > I wonder if they're in the middle of making one right now, and these are for future ideas? Or if this is going to help decide the first one?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hopefully they're making a "Generations" type pack right now. So we can get our Toddlers, Pre-Teens, Better Babies, way more interactions for Children and Teens. And just all-around more/new stuff to do with families and generational game play. I hope!

^^ This is seriously what I'm banking on. I won't stick with this game for very long if they don't add that soon. That, or a series of hefty patches.
  • Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    When I read Town Life, I stopped reading. That sounds awesome! I'd love to see an EP like that. All of the EP ideas I read sounded wonderful. It makes me wish all of them could happen :p
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Most of these sound like what we got in TS3 Late Night,Town Life,Ambitions and Supernatural. Were was the one on Seasons and Vacations? Out of all of them I'm hoping City Life is what I"m hoping we get in as ep one since it's probebly what contains hottubs.
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I really hope that the first expansion pack is the town life thingy, because it's really pointless to go to a nightclub when there is nothing to do, except drinking...a lot of drinking.
    And the nothing-to-do-in-community-lots was the only thing i was disappointed in.
    So please EA/Maxis, make something for our Sims to do in community lots first and then some Generations EP stuff and i will be so happy.
    FunnyPart-com-happy.jpg

Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member

Naah Ambitions = Watered down Active Careers

They're gonna give us a new neighborhood of open lots where we can FINALLY see and play out our sims at work, as a doctor and a scientist and in an office. That's a whole lot more than what they dished out in Ambitions.

Fame and Fortune = Superstar remake with new features, something some of us have been screaming for since TS2. An actual remake, not what they did with Showtime. I hope as a nod to TS1 Superstar some of the same songs are brought back.
    City Living = Late Night.
    I can see why they separated the two, this time they're actually different. Superstar Remake deserves it's own expansion
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member

First two off the top,

Fast Lane - add cars and car play, demolition derbies, monster trucks, racing, ect.

Lake Time - Neighborhood with huge lake zone and all the appropriate activities, like boating, skiing, camping, cave exploring ect.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with that stuff added back to the game, but at this point they need to combine like 3 EP ideas into 1 EP if I were to judge by the content that base came with.

"Fast Lane" couldn't be any more of a man's idea if it tried. :p But I do like Lake Time.

Yeah, I can agree with that. Being 2 games on now, they should really be looking in that direction, though I wouldn't count on EA doing anything of the sort when they can stretch it out to sell more. But combining all the generic Family/ Seasons/ Pets EPs into one or two packs would be ideal.
  • Options
    vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    edited October 2014
    I didn't get the survey in my email. City life would be nice
  • Options
    Playerthe95Playerthe95 Posts: 129 Member
    They should just mix city-living and town life because whats a city without the venues of town life?
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    And I honestly believe they're working on a family/generations and seasons expansions first, which is why they weren't in the survey. It's already on the way
  • Options
    Logisitcs wrote: »

Naah Ambitions = Watered down Active Careers

They're gonna give us a new neighborhood of open lots where we can FINALLY see and play out our sims at work, as a doctor and a scientist and in an office. That's a whole lot more than what they dished out in Ambitions.

Fame and Fortune = Superstar remake with new features, something some of us have been screaming for since TS2. An actual remake, not what they did with Showtime. I hope as a nod to TS1 Superstar some of the same songs are brought back.
    City Living = Late Night.
    I can see why they separated the two, this time they're actually different. Superstar Remake deserves it's own expansion

So tell how are you going to actually play through careers in a multi Sim household.

P.S. Superstar was like the worst expansion ever IMHO.