Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Expansion Pack Survey? NOW INCLUDES SCREENSHOTS

Comments

• Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited October 2014
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    If this list is true, I'm out.

City living + fame and fortune = late night.

Active careers = watered down ambitions.

Health and wellness = what used to be base game content.

Business owner is of course OFB, yay for many but I never liked OFB that much.

Town life might be OK if they added HUGE zones to the game.

All in all it looks like watered down versions of everything we've already seen.

Naah Ambitions = Watered down Active Careers

They're gonna give us a new neighborhood of open lots where we can FINALLY see and play out our sims at work, as a doctor and a scientist and in an office. That's a whole lot more than what they dished out in Ambitions.

Fame and Fortune = Superstar remake with new features, something some of us have been screaming for since TS2. An actual remake, not what they did with Showtime. I hope as a nod to TS1 Superstar some of the same songs are brought back.
    City Living = Late Night.
    I can see why they separated the two, this time they're actually different. Superstar Remake deserves it's own expansion

So tell how are you going to actually play through careers in a multi Sim household.

P.S. Superstar was like the worst expansion ever IMHO.

You can switch between sims even when they're on community lots now. It's a lot of loading screens but it can be done.
    Sim 1 is at work
    Sim 2 is at the park
    Sim 3 is at home
    All can be switched too

And let's not forget we can play both Oasis Springs and Willow Creek at the same time, this new career world is probably going to be just like that
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »
    What kind of stuff do you want to see, Vlax?

First two off the top,

Fast Lane - add cars and car play, demolition derbies, monster trucks, racing, ect.

Lake Time - Neighborhood with huge lake zone and all the appropriate activities, like boating, skiing, camping, cave exploring ect.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with that stuff added back to the game, but at this point they need to combine like 3 EP ideas into 1 EP if I were to judge by the content that base came with.

"Fast Lane" couldn't be any more of a man's idea if it tried. :p But I do like Lake Time.

Yeah, I can agree with that. Being 2 games on now, they should really be looking in that direction, though I wouldn't count on EA doing anything of the sort when they can stretch it out to sell more. But combining all the generic Family/ Seasons/ Pets EPs into one or two packs would be ideal.

Allow me to appeal to estrogen then. Loading the kid into the car and heading out to shop, drive in movies, making out in the car, drive in food places, car washes and gas stations, driving zones between neighborhoods, ect.

• Options

All in all it looks like watered down versions of everything we've already seen.

They're gonna give us a new neighborhood of open lots where we can FINALLY see and play out our sims at work, as a doctor and a scientist and in an office. That's a whole lot more than what they dished out in Ambitions.

Fame and Fortune = Superstar remake with new features, something some of us have been screaming for since TS2. An actual remake, not what they did with Showtime. I hope as a nod to TS1 Superstar some of the same songs are brought back.
    I can see why they separated the two, this time they're actually different. Superstar Remake deserves it's own expansion

So tell how are you going to actually play through careers in a multi Sim household.

You can switch between sims even when they're on community lots now. It's a lot of loading screens but it can be done.
    Sim 1 is at work
    Sim 2 is at the park
    Sim 3 is at home
    All can be switched too

And let's not forget we can play both Oasis Springs and Willow Creek at the same time, this new career world is probably going to be just like that

What I would do with that is check it out enough to see what can be seen, then be too busy running a multi Sim household to be bothered with it.

• Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member

First two off the top,

Fast Lane - add cars and car play, demolition derbies, monster trucks, racing, ect.

Lake Time - Neighborhood with huge lake zone and all the appropriate activities, like boating, skiing, camping, cave exploring ect.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with that stuff added back to the game, but at this point they need to combine like 3 EP ideas into 1 EP if I were to judge by the content that base came with.

"Fast Lane" couldn't be any more of a man's idea if it tried. :p But I do like Lake Time.

Yeah, I can agree with that. Being 2 games on now, they should really be looking in that direction, though I wouldn't count on EA doing anything of the sort when they can stretch it out to sell more. But combining all the generic Family/ Seasons/ Pets EPs into one or two packs would be ideal.

Allow me to appeal to estrogen then. Loading the kid into the car and heading out to shop, drive in movies, making out in the car, drive in food places, car washes and gas stations, driving zones between neighborhoods, ect.

You've got a strange idea of the female mind if you think it involves gas stations and driving zones.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member

Sim 1 is at work
    Sim 2 is at the park
    Sim 3 is at home
    All can be switched too

That would be sort of a pain x-x. I usually play with many sims. Those loading screens ultra popping up between switching would become extremely annoying. Perhaps, they'll find a way to stop that scenerio(or perhaps they already have?)
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    I wonder how much will it cost?
  • Options

First two off the top,

You've got a strange idea of the female mind if you think it involves gas stations and driving zones.

Like scenic zones between neighborhoods? Gas station where you pull up and like 3 Sims run out as if its 1950's full service?

• Options
    Dreamie209 wrote: »

Sim 1 is at work
    Sim 2 is at the park
    Sim 3 is at home
    All can be switched too

That would be sort of a pain x-x. I usually play with many sims. Those loading screens ultra popping up between switching would become extremely annoying. Perhaps, they'll find a way to stop that scenerio(or perhaps they already have?)

Right, you have to keep that in mind when they talk about this stuff. While you're at one lot with Sim A, Sim B,C,D ect. sit in rabbit holes.

• Options
    ewilson1114ewilson1114 Posts: 2,513 Member

First two off the top,

Right, clearly us women only care about having children & shopping. :s

• Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

First two off the top,

Also strange to think loading kids into any car is appealing.
  • Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

First two off the top,

You could make cute, it was cute in TS2 wasn't it? I thought it was.

• Options

Sim 1 is at work
    Sim 2 is at the park
    Sim 3 is at home
    All can be switched too

It's not really that hectic unless you make it so. There are options for the inactive sims on a different lot like
    "Care for self"
    "Clean Up house"
    "Build Relationship with..."
    and
    "Raise Skill of..."
    So it does simulate the inactive sims so they don't kill themselves, and there'll probably be new options with the expac.
  • Options

First two off the top,

Right, clearly us women only care about having children & shopping. :s

The punchline is my idea was originally accused of being "too manly." ... lol.
  • Options

First two off the top,

You could make cute, it was cute in TS2 wasn't it? I thought it was.

Well it was certainly cute i'll admit that lol. I do sort of wish for car seats. I always wanted for TS3 to make them...holding the baby in the car just looked super dangerous to me.
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options

Sim 1 is at work
    Sim 2 is at the park
    Sim 3 is at home
    All can be switched too

It's not really that hectic unless you make it so. There are options for the inactive sims on a different lot like
    "Care for self"
    "Clean Up house"
    and
    "Raise Skill of..."
    So it does simulate the inactive sims so they don't kill themselves, and there'll probably be new options with the expac.

Right, so basically a similar drop screen you'd get with the work or school rabbit holes.

• Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited October 2014

Sim 1 is at work
    Sim 2 is at the park
    Sim 3 is at home
    All can be switched too

"Care for self"
    "Clean Up house"
    and
    "Raise Skill of..."

I have yet to see any of that actually work. Never has my sim made a friend or raised a skill while I was away. My sim kids have been alive for more than 70 days and I press make friends every time they go to school. They still don't have friends beyond the ones I forced upon them.
  • Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    I am really interested in Town Life (Restaurants! Coffee shops! Farmers' markets!) and Business Owner (I loved OFB). The ideas in Active Careers sounded fun, but I would hate to spend all day on just one Sim and have to leave everyone else at home! The elementals and monsters mentioned in the Supernatural EP sound cool as well.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I love the ideas - but.. are witches going to be called elementals now like an MMO mage kind of thing? O_o and .. I NEED that Business Expansion pack, but I hope we can make Open Restaurants and be able to run them and dine in them. Hire Waiters/Waitresses, and Seating staff and Chefs and a Bus Boy/Girl. Couples that come on dates could have booth interactions; like cuddle, footsie, holding hands across the table, and even feeding one another (they had that from Sims 2, and it was so cute.) (x
  • Options

Sim 1 is at work
    Sim 2 is at the park
    Sim 3 is at home
    All can be switched too

"Care for self"
    "Clean Up house"
    and
    "Raise Skill of..."

I have yet to see any of that actually work. Never has my sim made a friend or raised a skill while I was away. My sim kids have been alive for more than 70 days and I press make friends every time they go to school. They still don't have friends beyond the ones I forced upon them.

That one for work and school is just for for the Social Need. The one where the active sim is at the community lot and the inactive sim is at home, the options for the inactive sim works. Relationships and skills are indeed gained for the inactive sim.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited October 2014
    Holy cow, ALL of the ideas sound magnificent.

I hope this isn't a process of elimination and everything listed has a chance to happen for the game. :\
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member

First two off the top,

Like scenic zones between neighborhoods? Gas station where you pull up and like 3 Sims run out as if its 1950's full service?

Nahh. Cars isn't the way to go for women.

It'd have been better to go with nail salons or something. :p
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    They all sound great except for the health and wellness one. *Shudder* It sounds like with that EP, we'd be getting YET ANOTHER gym. Boring! And I have no intention of ever sending my Sims to a spa.

But the others sound awesome! I especially want the supernatural EP. They need to put witches in there in addition to vampires, though.

And a farmer's market sounds wonderful and charming! I'd love that in the game. I'd also love the one that has acting and singing in it, so long as being famous doesn't spread like a virus again, like it did in Sims 3. People were calling it the "celebrity virus," LOL.
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    You know what I really miss about cars? Having an excuse to build an underground garage :(
    (although I don't think we can do that anyway right now)
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

First two off the top,

Nahh. Cars isn't the way to go for women.

It'd have been better to go with nail salons or something. :p

I vote for both nail and hair salon. and i'd want both hairstylist and nail designer..I'd love for us to make some sort of design..>_<
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    All EP. All. Not just one or two. ALL OF THEM.
    Now.
    NOW.

N O W !
    tumblr_m8o3t5h0OY1rddqy5o1_250.gif