Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    pixelatedKarpixelatedKar Posts: 382 Member
    @MissCharlie It's fun! I just started and currently at baby #6 and Alena, my flounder, is now pregnant again :)

Instead of making a second post. Does anyone go my naming schemes? I don't, I hit the random button until I feel the name will suit the baby. Here they are to date.

Cherish Calvert - YA - Girl
    Norah Calvert - YA - Girl
    Yaritza Calvert - Teen - Girl
    Kendall Calvert - Teen - Girl
    Hunter Calvert - Child - Girl
    Marcelo Calvert - Child - Boy

And baby #7 in the next three sim days!
    Legacy Central - Reading Circle | The Blount Legacy | One Hundred Gnome's
    ORIGIN ID: pixelatedK
  • Options
    SkosalgSkosalg Posts: 165 Member
    So you can age up the child or teenager if they get an A in school, and in that case you dont have to wait until their birthday? Did I understand that right?
  • Options
    @Skosalg Yup, you're correct :)
  • Options
    I'm in love with Norah! She's the perfect mix of her mother and founder, Alena Calvert, and her father, Mortimer Goth. Defiantly going to do another challenge with her in the future!

Anyone else have favourites? I'll share a photo and the family tree later tonight!
  • Options
    AdelaideMannAdelaideMann Posts: 196 Member
    @MissCharlie It's fun! I just started and currently at baby #6 and Alena, my flounder, is now pregnant again :)

Instead of making a second post. Does anyone go my naming schemes? I don't, I hit the random button until I feel the name will suit the baby. Here they are to date.

Cherish Calvert - YA - Girl
    Norah Calvert - YA - Girl
    Yaritza Calvert - Teen - Girl
    Kendall Calvert - Teen - Girl
    Hunter Calvert - Child - Girl
    Marcelo Calvert - Child - Boy

And baby #7 in the next three sim days!

I've done it Duggar style. First mom had all Ts.
    Tillman (son of Johnny Zest)
    Trista
    Trina (daughter of Mortimer Goth)
    Tripp (son of J Huntington III)
    Truman (son of Alexander Goth)
    Ted (son of Don Lothario)
    Theodora (daughter of Malcolm Landgraab)
    Travis
    Troy (son of Seeley Booth)
    Teagan - second mom

Mabel (daughter of David Collins)
    Malfoy (son of Draco Malfoy)
    Maria
    Myles and Milford, my only twins (sons of Peter Brady)
    Meredith (daughter of Daryl Dixon)
    Murphy (son of Glen Rhee)
    Martina (daughter of Darth Maul)
    Mattias
    Mamie (daughter of Luke Skywalker)
    Mollie (daughter of Carl Grimes)
    Mira
  • Options
    MissCharlieMissCharlie Posts: 405 Member
    ahh have 7 kids now and my founder is pregnant again
  • Options
    iDannieSimmeriDannieSimmer Posts: 56 Member
    I am going to try this one, I was and then I wasnt but it does sound like a interesting challenge.
    Danielle

Orgin ID: iDannieSimmer

My Threads: Drifter Challenge
  • Options
    Simmer724Simmer724 Posts: 106 Member
    I am going to try this one, I was and then I wasnt but it does sound like a interesting challenge.

I was thinking the same thing. It seems so intimidating, lol. Good luck to you, can't wait to see or hear what you do!
  • Options
    iDannieSimmeriDannieSimmer Posts: 56 Member
    edited May 2016
    The challenge is fun, I am going to get a wordpress blog to post it.
    Post edited by iDannieSimmer on
    Danielle

Orgin ID: iDannieSimmer

My Threads: Drifter Challenge
  • Options
    chunkyChris41chunkyChris41 Posts: 27 Member
    I've been focusing on some non-sim stuff and haven't been playing quite so much, but tonight I went back in. Bobbie is pregnant with #19 now.

For names, I've used the randomizer, too. I've thought about lots of variations to this. In my other attempt at this, I actually gave the children their father's last name, as well as a four-letter (for Sims 4) name that began with the same letter as their father's first name. It was just a way of helping me remember which men already had a child. I did something like this with Sims 3 and used all M names, but that got super confusing. Even now, with a house full of nearly all black-haired kids, I have to make sure everyone has different hairstyles or I get them confused. I thought about assigning each a color, ROYGBIV. Seven colors, seven kids at home at a time, but so far that hasn't proven necessary and I kind of like (most) of the get-ups the game comes up with itself. I am thinking that for the next generation, I'll do names in alphabetical order. That way I'll know that Mary is child #13 in this generation, instead of having to continuously refer back to my spreadsheet.
  • Options
    tiggerwvtiggerwv Posts: 276 Member

I have started to blog my newest sims 4 100 baby challenge. you can go here if you would like to read it:

https://sims4100babychallengeblog.wordpress.com/

I only plan on posting on Sundays because of my work schedule.
  • Options
    JillvilleJillville Posts: 10 New Member
    [quote="chunkyChris41;14792310"]I've been focusing on some non-sim stuff and haven't been playing quite so much, but tonight I went back in. Bobbie is pregnant with #19 now.

For names, I've used the randomizer, too. I've thought about lots of variations to this. In my other attempt at this, I actually gave the children their father's last name, as well as a four-letter (for Sims 4) name that began with the same letter as their father's first name. It was just a way of helping me remember which men already had a child. I did something like this with Sims 3 and used all M names, but that got super confusing. Even now, with a house full of nearly all black-haired kids, I have to make sure everyone has different hairstyles or I get them confused. I thought about assigning each a color, ROYGBIV. Seven colors, seven kids at home at a time, but so far that hasn't proven necessary and I kind of like (most) of the get-ups the game comes up with itself. I am thinking that for the next generation, I'll do names in alphabetical order. That way I'll know that Mary is child #13 in this generation, instead of having to continuously refer back to my spreadsheet.[/quote]

I just change the child's last name to the fathers last name. But also... I have a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 chart I drew out. Actually I have like 3, I can't figure out which way I like it best.
  • Options
    kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    @Eminik: regarding the resetting of the game to previous save. I had that happen once when I went into CAS on a child's birthday, but though the picture in the panel showed him older, he hadn't actually aged up yet...

I left my game running while I got up briefly. When I returned, my Founder had drowned in the pool...she had 7 kids. Two sets of twins (no fertility treatment). Luckily she had daughters. The oldest child had aged up to a teen, so the kids got to stay. Since the eldest daughter had gotten an "A" in school, I aged her up to teen and now she's expecting her first child.
  • Options
    Unique_LaShaeUnique_LaShae Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm going to try this challenge out. It seems interesting and fun!! :)
  • Options
    raemariekraemariek Posts: 88 Member
    edited May 2016
    I just recently started mine! I chose my founder to be alien because I've never played an alien before. I wish I would have known that I really needed to like her skin color, because all 8 of her hybrid children have purple skin! This is the founder and her first four kids. 2ngr2pg.png I am really enjoying the challenge!
  • Options
    JazzoholicJazzoholic Posts: 9 New Member
    Hello! I've been on this forum many times, without ever writing anything. I feel like it's time.

I started the 100 baby challenge about a year ago and been playing it off and on. My current matriarch, Grace Porter, is 6th generation and *hopefully* the last! She just gave birth to the 91st child, so I'm starting to see the finish line. So far I've basically played by the rules, except for once when I was moving the household and some sort of glitch happened so they lost their money. I had to use cheats then, just to get them to the same economy they had before. The household's income has basically been gardening. It pays off nicely in the long run.

I have some advice for those of you just starting out:
    - Try to name your babies by some sort of system, so you can keep track easily. I name them alphabetically using 25 letters (I skipped the 'Q'), so I know when I start over on 'A' I've done a quarter.
    - A system for baby daddies is also a good idea. I still haven't come up with anything fool-proof. Anyone else have ideas?
    - Clear out the unplayed households once in awhile, so fresh father prospects can move in. Why wait for them to die of old age?
    - Start your founder out on as large a lot as you can afford. That way you might not have to move when the household is growing.
    - Get a garden going ASAP. It takes some nurturing, but it really pays off!

It's been so much fun reading about other simmers' experiences throughout this challenge, hope someone gets something out of my sharing :)
  • Options
    I use a random name generator to determine my children's names. For this particular challenge I am going alphabetically. Usually I just make sure every child of the generation has a different initial and no name repetitions.
  • Options
    IfritSimmerIfritSimmer Posts: 6 New Member
    Hey! i'm been a simmer for a while now and always wanted to try it but got half way into it got attached to the characters or made her get married haha, this time though i've been recording it and putting the game play on youtube with my boyfriend voicing over as he doesnt play the sims so it's interesting hearing what he thinks is happening hah, on baby number 8/9 the now and finding it an interesting challenge! My youtube channel is called Ifrit Overdrive and it's in the playlist under the 'Sims 4 baby challenge' i love reading and watching over peoples challenges so you have a look, leave a comment with a link to yours! :D
  • Options
    > @Skosalg said:
    > So you can age up the child or teenager if they get an A in school, and in that case you dont have to wait until their birthday? Did I understand that right?

yeah, i spent ages with my kids teenager A students until i reread the rules hahah
  • Options
    > @chunkyChris41 said:
    > Um, so what are the things one might do to extend a sim's lifespan? I know they're against the rules for this challenge; that's what I'm concerned about. It seemed a little odd to me that I saw others claiming something like 16 kids per generation and here I am, not even to adulthood for my founder and she already is about to pop with #12. I hadn't been paying especially close attention to her age. When I said last night she had four days left, I knew I'd seen it at five but figured that it could have clicked over to four by the time I saved for the night. So, when I started my game back up, she had five, okay, no problem, I must have overestimated how much I'd played. I watched it click over to four days left at midnight, cool . . . and now it's five days left again. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Obviously I'm extending her life somehow. Whatever I've done, it's a dealbreaker if I'm getting such drastically different results from other players. I've been doing this a long time, but I'm not that good. I would love to start over, but before I do, I want to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

i read a few different challenge rules before this one and it said that you could extend the sims lifespan, i've actually extended mines due to the fact i'm following all the other rules and on the sims 3 baby challenge they allowed you to set the life spans for the YA and Adults to Epic and the kids lifespan smaller so they would age faster
  • Options
    SkosalgSkosalg Posts: 165 Member
    Jazzoholic wrote: »
    Hello! I've been on this forum many times, without ever writing anything. I feel like it's time.

I started the 100 baby challenge about a year ago and been playing it off and on. My current matriarch, Grace Porter, is 6th generation and *hopefully* the last! She just gave birth to the 91st child, so I'm starting to see the finish line. So far I've basically played by the rules, except for once when I was moving the household and some sort of glitch happened so they lost their money. I had to use cheats then, just to get them to the same economy they had before. The household's income has basically been gardening. It pays off nicely in the long run.

- Try to name your babies by some sort of system, so you can keep track easily. I name them alphabetically using 25 letters (I skipped the 'Q'), so I know when I start over on 'A' I've done a quarter.
    - A system for baby daddies is also a good idea. I still haven't come up with anything fool-proof. Anyone else have ideas?
    - Clear out the unplayed households once in awhile, so fresh father prospects can move in. Why wait for them to die of old age?
    - Start your founder out on as large a lot as you can afford. That way you might not have to move when the household is growing.

It's been so much fun reading about other simmers' experiences throughout this challenge, hope someone gets something out of my sharing :)

Thats exactly what I have done! My sim mathriarc earn money mostly by gardening, but I also let her write a book if she is between pregnancys. I also have baby names that start with the same letter, to keep track of wich mama they belong to. My teenagers can get a job and help with the income.

I haven't come up with a good system for baby daddies, and sometimes I have to go and check all the kids to see if I used this father before :P I guess that will be diffcult as there are more and more children. I`m at 12 at the moment.

I chose a small lot for my baby mama. I wanted to create an illusion of a poor young, knocked up girl with no job. As the family get richer, I will move them or download bigger houses for them. Yeah, I guess its a hassle to move, but also fun!

I try to make different looking kids. I have some latina looking, one with clown-hair, one alien, one dark-skinned, some white-skinned. I take pictures of everyone for the living room walls. I guess they will fill up the whole house eventually :) Its so funny, cause every time I tell my children the "good news" of a new pregnancy, I imagine them thinking "again? what the hell is wrong with you?!"

My family dont get to do much sosializing with other sims, but once a week, in the weekend, I take all of them to the park. I`m planning to take them on a vacation, but right now I`m saving up for a bigger home (8 people, two bedrooms, yikes).
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Jazzoholic wrote: »

As you can tell from my signature, I completed this challenge, but I like to pop in here and read up as much as I can. As the game progressed, I learned that I needed something on my computer to track who the baby daddies were. I created a google spreadsheet to help with that. I also started giving the children their father's last name. I used the random name generator for naming, just clicked until I saw something that looked interesting. I ended up with 5 matriarchs, with the last one needing just 10 babies to reach 100. #1 had 23 babies with 1 set of twins and a set of triplets. #2 had 22 with 3 sets of twins. #3 had 23 with 3 sets of twins and 2 sets of triplets. #4 had 22 with 2 sets of twins. #5 had 10 with 1 set of twins and 1 set of triplets. If you want to view how I set up my spreadsheet you can look here. I ended up moving after each new matriarch inherited the lineage. I needed a change of scenery. I didn't need to clear out the unplayed households since I have the MC Command Center mod in my game, and it helped progress the population/story along. The money maker in my game was mostly painting with some gardening on the side.
  • Options
    Regarding the number of babies born per mother...apparently the game halts aging for a pregnant sim. So you could theoretically have 100 babies and not have the mother age at all. I actually use a mod that permits aging during pregnancy, unfortunately this mod affects all saves, so I can't tweak it just for a particular save. (I'm running 9 other challenges including this one).
  • Options
    RRR24RRR24 Posts: 38 Member
    Aspyn, my second generation mother, just had triplets. It was her first pregnancy and she doesn't even have the fertile trait yet!
  • Options
    thenameiswalkerthenameiswalker Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello everyone! So I am doing a somewhat varied rendition of this challenge on my YouTube channel! If you do want to see this, then make sure to come check out my channel! It's thenameiswalker and these are the rules I am using:
    1. The challenge ends when the 100th Baby has been born/if any of the rules are broken
    2. The Matriarch/Main Sim must be alone when first moved in.
    3. Aging and Story Progression must be on
    4. Lifespan must be on epic
    5. The Matriarch may not have a formal job/career; although, they may write, paint, or etc., and make money from home.
    6. The Matriarch can NOT get married; as long as she is able to bear children.
    7. Adopting children IS allowed; HOWEVER, they do not count towards the 100 Baby Challenge
    8. Teenagers are not allowed to have part-time jobs to contribute to the household.
    9. Each father must be different when impregnating the Matriarch
    10. NO cheats are allowed; UNLESS, a Sim needs reset -OR- someone important TO the Challenge is endangered.
    11. Twins/Triplets count as the numbers they represent, as long as they are natural -OR- incurred by in-game rewards/aspirations. NOT cheats or in-game ways that can sway gender/number of children.
    12. Only people in the household can care for a child; UNLESS, all Sims are out of the house.
    13. Any fertility/reverse aging rewards (not cheats) are allowed.
    14. Young adults can be moved out with their respective father; as long as they are alive. If the father is not alive, then they can be moved into a random household.
    15. If the Matriarch dies, then the oldest female Sim takes over. If needed, the last female moved out, will move back in.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top