Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• Options
    xoxoXDxoxoXD Posts: 215 Member
    RRR24 wrote: »
    The steel bladder reward trait i bought was probably the best decision i have ever made

I bet! My sim has had at least one bladder failure for each pregnancy! The house is kinda big, and the bathroom is all the way across the house from the painting room/ skill room! :)
    qCDeJ1I.gif
  • Options
    xoxoXD wrote: »
    RRR24 wrote: »
    The steel bladder reward trait i bought was probably the best decision i have ever made

I bet! My sim has had at least one bladder failure for each pregnancy! The house is kinda big, and the bathroom is all the way across the house from the painting room/ skill room! :)

I will get it after fertile <3
    qCDeJ1I.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    oops! i dont know how to work this website!
    qCDeJ1I.gif
  • Options
    RRR24RRR24 Posts: 38 Member
    It was one of the last traits i bought. Fertile was the first. She has about 12 traits, and with the bladder one, the only time she's on the toilet is to take a test! It's great. I have three bathrooms in my house, one downstairs and two upstairs. My kids never walk in on each other anymore! > @xoxoXD said:
    > oops! i dont know how to work this website!
  • Options
    RRR24RRR24 Posts: 38 Member
    Just had my first set of triplets ever in the sims 4!!! This is also the first time I've had a full house in my second attempt at this challenge. Noah, Nina, and Neda are babies 23, 24, and 25. Neda could possibly be the next matriarch.
  • Options
    UFGHUGIUKGIULSDBUIADHGI:ADGIU:YAGIDGIYDFSUISDAGIU:ABDU:OGJK im so mad, I had about 5 babies and my first one was adult. then my game CRASHESSSSHSHKUHAGSDUIHOSIUJHJKSQJIOASUOLISAJLISHIOASJOifydshajlgyhasvdfhk d,mad dujansdismda,smd amdsmabjduaosdbuohiaody8oaufufuoddddddsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshojf;iusdgpagu;ogh;aogsuhfasughiulhfguoysgdo;ugyhsugihfgisaigyiudfgdiygtadyiugyuygsaliufglfiuhgiufhiusydfsduyoWHFIULYFDILFusfhiglfyLFIGFULAFSYGulagsaldusadygldsugydfsgiudfgugiIFYfDFUSGdsfufylFYSDYLIIGFG;OFU;IDUfi and i had 10000 simoleons i worked so ahrd gughgg8uhg and i have no cc in my game why????!!! :(:#:s:'( smh
    qCDeJ1I.gif
  • Options
    mqdsnevesmqdsneves Posts: 1 New Member
    Can I take the young adults of my house to make room for other children?
  • Options
    mqdsneves wrote: »
    Can I take the young adults of my house to make room for other children?

your supposed to
    qCDeJ1I.gif
  • Options
    RecursiveAcronymRecursiveAcronym Posts: 41 Member
    Slowly chugging along! 60% of the way there. With the house perfected, I've really reached a rhythm with this matriarch to ensure pregnancy as soon as possible. I think she's been at 11 days 'til becoming an Elder for her past four births, now.
    Recursive%20Acronym%20Sims%20Banner_zpsmhx4ohyu.png
  • Options
    dietnutelladietnutella Posts: 16 Member
    Just started my 100 baby challenge a few days ago and so far it's really fun. My First Generation Matriarch is called Layla Jones and so far she's had 8 kids. She's also had two sets of twins, and I recently bought the fertility trait so I'm hoping for more. Currently she is pregnant and I can't wait for baby 9. I also decided to name my kids in alphabetical order which I thought would be helpful.
    Her kids are...
    Aaron (M) - YA (moved out)
    Bella (F) - YA (moved out)
    Charlotte (F) (Twin) - Teen
    Daphne (F) (Twin) - Teen
    Emily (F) (Twin) - Child
    Fiona (F) (Twin) - Child
    George (M) - Child
    Herbert (M) - Baby
  • Options
    chunkyChris41chunkyChris41 Posts: 27 Member
    I'm jumping on board. I've done challenges like this many times, though not with these rules, but I've never finished one. I'm finding the pace to be both rewarding and motivating, so maybe this time? I know all these little housekeepers, er, I mean, offspring are really making a big difference as their mother tries her hardest to remain pregnant and pay for enough beds. Three kids grown to child so far and another on the way.
  • Options
    MingatzMingatz Posts: 1 New Member
    Ah,yes. I have just got Sims 4 and was hoping to do this challenge. Thank you for the set of rules :smile:
  • Options
    PhDSimmerPhDSimmer Posts: 86 Member
    Would it be against the rules to run a business to make money?
    Sul Sul! I'm a life long fan of The Sims! Come and join me on Youtube/Twitter. My videos are mainly LPs and Challenges, with a few other random things thrown in there too!
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/phdsimmer
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/PhDSimmer
  • Options
    I got to a minor milestone tonight: kicking the first of the kids out of the house. Believe it or not, I actually didn't know kids had goals to achieve to reach a grade of A before this. The child who left the house was actually #2, not #1. #1 is still making up for lost time and will probably just age up normally or very close to it. It took child #3, who is a self-starter, unlike her older sisters, to make me question why she was advancing so quickly while they had so much trouble. Now that I know what's required, I've found a pretty good set-up for gaining the required skills. I can't believe I had no clue. I used to just let kids run wild. As long as they weren't failing school, I filled the house with fun stuff and didn't care what they did. Seven kids born, five girls, three boys, one left home, and I'm pretty sure we're pregnant again, but I'll have to check when I play tonight.
  • Options
    Oops. Seven kids born make four girls and three boys. I have mom listed on my spreadsheet, too, so I won't have to remember her traits after she's gone and I got confused.
  • Options
    Misztwilight617Misztwilight617 Posts: 60 Member
    I have a couple of questions
    1) If my sims oldest turns into a young adult & I move him out, can he get married to his GF & can they have Children?
    2) If they can have children would it count towards the 100 Babies?
    tumblr_mu9ep8aRmB1rn1oj5o1_500.gif
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    I have a couple of questions
    1) If my sims oldest turns into a young adult & I move him out, can he get married to his GF & can they have Children?
    2) If they can have children would it count towards the 100 Babies?

Yes, they can get married, however, if you play them, you must turn off aging for other households (but note, they will probably acquire relationships and/or jobs, you may or may not want, while you are away from the 100 baby family.)
    No, none of the children your OS will have will count towards the challenge. BUT, if your main sim (the one that is having the babies) has the big family trait, the children will count on the aspiration level that has "have 4 grandchildren".
  • Options
    PhDSimmer wrote: »
    Would it be against the rules to run a business to make money?

As per page 1, post 1 of this thread....
    Get To Work Rules
    * These rules are for players who have the Get To Work expansion pack installed. If you do not have Get To Work installed, disregard this section.
    • Your matriarch cannot take any of the new active careers (Scientist, Detective, Doctor).
    • Your matriarch may run her own business. There are an equal amount of benefits and drawbacks to this which is why this type of job is an exception to the "no jobs" rule for your matriarch. A business will allow your matriarch to support her large family more easily and while your matriarch is at her business, her children will all look after themselves; however, being away from the children all day gives you less time to bring up the kids' school grades to move them out faster and it also gives your matriarch less time to find new fathers for her offspring and reproduce with them. You must also sink a lot of money into a business in order to make a lot of money. It's up to you to decide whether the benefits of running a business outweigh the drawbacks in this challenge.
    • Your matriarch can take up the new Photography skill and sell any photographs she takes.
    • Your matriarch can take up the new Baking skill and sell any sweets she bakes.
    • Your matriarch may go to the hospital to give birth.
  • Options
    AdelaideMannAdelaideMann Posts: 196 Member
    Checking in with 20 babies. I go slowly what with that pesky day job and all. My first mom had ten and my second had ten, though the second should have at least some more. I downloaded famous people to use as dads and my lot have been fathered by Luke Skywalker, Darth Maul, Glen Rhee, Daryl Dixon, Peter Brady and Dracos Malfoy. Makes it fun! I used T names with the first bunch and am using M names with the current ones. I've had one set of twins in all that, and have not tried the fertile trait.
  • Options
    AntonGladerAntonGlader Posts: 54 Member
    I'm in the challenge now with.... 10 babies! I got the fertile trait... that does not help... haven't got twins yet...
  • Options
    Popping in with an update. My first mother, Bobbie, is 4-ish days from becoming an adult and just had baby #11. No twins so far, but this early in the game, I've left off the fertile reward in favor of others that help with wooing and paying bills. I'd hoped she could get pregnant again tonight, but you know how it goes. One moment there are three unfamiliar men strolling by your house, so you stuff your face with tacos so you don't starve and run to say hello, but by the time you get there it's all old women and your own plentiful offspring. Blah. It's too late at night to invite anyone over. Not everyone is Bob Pancakes and dying to come inside. Would it kill Travis Scott to accept an invitation once in a while? Geoffrey Landgraab died in my kids' bedroom. I'd hate suitors die in my other attempt, but never in front of the kids. So. Much. Crying. Single worst thing to happen to progress so far. What a pain. At least he left us a little present before he died. Just belatedly evicted an adult daughter because I had five boys in a row and was certain that if I didn't keep her around, I'd never have another girl, but the new baby is female, so we're all good. This is still lots of fun. I'm pleasantly surprised that I've stuck with it this long.
  • Options
    SimsSiblings456SimsSiblings456 Posts: 4 New Member
    Cool!
  • Options
    Um, so what are the things one might do to extend a sim's lifespan? I know they're against the rules for this challenge; that's what I'm concerned about. It seemed a little odd to me that I saw others claiming something like 16 kids per generation and here I am, not even to adulthood for my founder and she already is about to pop with #12. I hadn't been paying especially close attention to her age. When I said last night she had four days left, I knew I'd seen it at five but figured that it could have clicked over to four by the time I saved for the night. So, when I started my game back up, she had five, okay, no problem, I must have overestimated how much I'd played. I watched it click over to four days left at midnight, cool . . . and now it's five days left again. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Obviously I'm extending her life somehow. Whatever I've done, it's a dealbreaker if I'm getting such drastically different results from other players. I've been doing this a long time, but I'm not that good. I would love to start over, but before I do, I want to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
  • Options
    Um, so what are the things one might do to extend a sim's lifespan? I know they're against the rules for this challenge; that's what I'm concerned about. It seemed a little odd to me that I saw others claiming something like 16 kids per generation and here I am, not even to adulthood for my founder and she already is about to pop with #12. I hadn't been paying especially close attention to her age. When I said last night she had four days left, I knew I'd seen it at five but figured that it could have clicked over to four by the time I saved for the night. So, when I started my game back up, she had five, okay, no problem, I must have overestimated how much I'd played. I watched it click over to four days left at midnight, cool . . . and now it's five days left again. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Obviously I'm extending her life somehow. Whatever I've done, it's a dealbreaker if I'm getting such drastically different results from other players. I've been doing this a long time, but I'm not that good. I would love to start over, but before I do, I want to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

That really confused me too at first, but then I learned that when a sim is pregnant they don't age at all. Time stands still for them. I couldn't figure out why she was outliving her first few children. That could be why it seems like she's living a long time. If you are keeping her pregnant, she will live for quite a while.
  • Options
    Hmm, well, okay. I would rather not start over, since I really love the house, if nothing else. I looked up ways to extend a sim's lifespan and found nothing that I'm guilty of as yet. I'm still not sure why it would go backwards, but I'm going to just accept it and continue on. Thanks, Fizzstix! I had not noticed that before.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top