Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JBEAR1 Builds Unfurnished Houses Then covers Them in Shelves.

JBEAR1JBEAR1 Posts: 537 Member
edited October 2014 in The Sims 4 Lots
(Some of my small residential builds follow in this 1st post and thread. I make big projects but they have their own page, If you like what you see I can only encourage you to follow me so you don't miss these as I publish quite often))

I thought I may build a house now and again so I should probably keep them all together in a thread here as others tend to do.

So this is my 1st . 'LITTLE BRITAIN'. (1st Oct) I just wanted to represent the UK in the flood of American homes we get on the gallery ;) lol. It isn't anything flashy but I tried to just capture 'normal' if that makes any sense. Please forgive my close up build mode interior photography skills. Some of my other small builds follow these pictures if you scroll down.

Ooh I forgot, it is on a 15 x 15 lot and costs around 47k. I'm such a noob.

edit 2: Remember that thing I told you about 15 x 15? Yeh, that's a lie. Turns out I was building on 20 x 15 all along, annnd, there is no 15 x 15.

10-01-14_4-55nbspPM.png
10-01-14_4-56nbspPM-2.png
10-01-14_4-56nbspPM.png
10-01-14_4-58nbspPM.png
10-01-14_5-01nbspPM.png
10-01-14_5-00nbspPM.png
10-01-14_5-01nbspPM-2.png
10-01-14_5-01nbspPM-3.png
10-01-14_5-02nbspPM.png
10-01-14_4-57nbspPM.png

As always, thanks for looking.
page 2
10-03-14_10-31nbspPM.png
10-05-14_4-53nbspPM.png

page 3
10-08-14_10-26nbspAM.png

page4
10-10-14_3-36nbspAM.png
10-09-14_7-28nbspPM.png

Post edited by JBEAR1 on

Comments

• Options
    DippyDesignsDippyDesigns Posts: 1,809 Member
    I like your house, I love the telephone box, definitely makes it feel a bit more British, a nice touch!
    My Origin ID is DippyDesigns

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

644362_1491605541100631_1472781576571833276_n.jpg?oh=c0019c8ce2de98a0158c1aba60509bc8&oe=57C1A708

• Options
    Thanks Dippy ! That is where it started with the phone box to see if I could make a passable one. Then I put a tree next to it, then a street. Then I thought I should probably build a house at that point.
  • Options
    gypsygypsy Posts: 48 Member
    This is such a cozy home! Everything is looking really great. I love the telephone booth and that TV in the kitchen. It reminds me of my grandmother's house. It's lovely! :)
    I'm Clementine. Can I... borrow a piece of your chicken?
  • Options
    This is such a cozy home! Everything is looking really great. I love the telephone booth and that TV in the kitchen. It reminds me of my grandmother's house. It's lovely! :)
    Reminding you of your grandma's real home is a great compliment, I'll take it :) Thank you

• Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    Oh, this is so cute! I love the compactness of it -- it looks very 'real' and cozy. And the landscaped patio/courtyard area is BEAUTIFUL. :)
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    ahholladay wrote: »
    Oh, this is so cute! I love the compactness of it -- it looks very 'real' and cozy. And the landscaped patio/courtyard area is BEAUTIFUL. :)
    You are too kind :)
  • Options
    BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    Wonderful lot! I love how compact it is without being cramped. Well done. The TV in the kitchen is a nice touch and the telephone box made me lol, if it was blue I would have seriously fangirled at the doctor who reference. But still, wonderful! Going to go download it once my game loads. Can't wait to see more from you!
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • Options
    Wonderful lot! I love how compact it is without being cramped. Well done. The TV in the kitchen is a nice touch and the telephone box made me lol, if it was blue I would have seriously fangirled at the doctor who reference. But still, wonderful! Going to go download it once my game loads. Can't wait to see more from you!

I can't believe how much I wish I had thought of and uploaded it blue. doh. Thank you.

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Little Britain is very nice. :) Very nice exterior of the house. It looks great how you have done the telephone box! The telephone box area looks great how you have designed it. Child sims will have fun playing on the monkey bars and the pram is a nice touch there. Sims will enjoy sitting on the seat bench under the shade of the tree. It looks nice the type of windows that you have used and how you have placed them. The brickwork texture of the exterior looks great. The gnome looks cute on the upper patio! It looks very nice how you have done the flowers, plants and rocks patio courtyard! It looks great how you have the back street with the enlarged vehicles in it. It looks great the type of fencing and gate that you have used. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home. Nice living room sofa sitting nook area under the staircase. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there watching tv. The floor mat looks nice there. Nice floral pattern that you have used for the master bedroom walls. The butterflies picture is very nice for sims to enjoy seeing when laying in bed. Great dresser alcove. Sims will enjoy using the computer at the study desk table in the single bed room.Great design of the kitchen. The fruit bowl and basket of eggs on the counter there are nice kitchen touches. It is great that you have a tv in the kitchen and dining area for sims to enjoy watching tv whilst cooking and eating food.
    It is a great home! :)
  • Options
    Thank you for noticing all those things rosemow :)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    So cute! I love the architecture! So adorable! Like how you have placed the cars at the back too! :D
  • Options
    Frau_EngelFrau_Engel Posts: 43 Member
    Beautiful job!
  • Options
    Rc_shabbaRc_shabba Posts: 183 Member
    awesome work, I really like it B)
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    @JBEAR1 - I'm half British and I have to say the best part about your house is that it is JUST AS SMALL as a real British house. :smile: Well, the one my relatives live in. They're cramped compared to US standards. I like the brickwork and your choice of a phone booth. Too bad it wasn't a TARDIS. :smile:
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    keshialeekeshialee Posts: 533 Member
    edited October 2014
    Maybe because I've never had to live in one... But I love these little British houses. The out side landscaping is great, you have such a great imagination and are good at putting things down to make them look amazing (like your lord of the rings!)
    I love how little this place is, but still looks functional. I wish we had smaller lots to build on than these, they were my fav in S3 to build on.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    JBEAR...did those rocks stay for you when you reloaded the property? I always have issues with them not loading due to item interference.
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    Ash072 wrote: »
    JBEAR...did those rocks stay for you when you reloaded the property? I always have issues with them not loading due to item interference.
    They should do, I usuall do lots of testing by saving then exiting to the map then back to lot and if things are gone then they won't stay.
    And you do need to place lot from build mode etc. That is if I remembered to test it.
  • Options
    Thanks Keshialee, I was really into making the street more than the house lol.
  • Options
    yanti68 wrote: »
    So cute! I love the architecture! So adorable! Like how you have placed the cars at the back too! :D
    Rc_shabba wrote: »
    awesome work, I really like it B)
    Frau_Engel wrote: »
    Beautiful job!

Thank you guys and gals, don't know how i missed these comments earlier. Honestly didn't expect people to think much of it :) I might try another soon.

• Options
    JBEAR...did those rocks stay for you when you reloaded the property? I always have issues with them no loading due to item interference.
    JBEAR1 wrote: »
    Ash072 wrote: »
    They should do, I usuall do lots of testing by saving then exiting to the map then back to lot and if things are gone then they won't stay.
    And you do need to place lot from build mode etc. That is if I remembered to test it.

Alright...cool! I'll remember that for landscaping in the future. I'm always too delicate fearing that I'll spend time landscaping something really cool only have half the items kick back upon reload.
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    NaveenCoTNaveenCoT Posts: 29 Member
    That house looks very cozy! Well done :D
  • Options
    DippyDesignsDippyDesigns Posts: 1,809 Member
    JBEAR1 wrote: »
    Thanks Dippy ! That is where it started with the phone box to see if I could make a passable one. Then I put a tree next to it, then a street. Then I thought I should probably build a house at that point.

Sometimes that is how my builds happen, great job, keep it up!
    My Origin ID is DippyDesigns

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

644362_1491605541100631_1472781576571833276_n.jpg?oh=c0019c8ce2de98a0158c1aba60509bc8&oe=57C1A708

• Options
    cornishovencornishoven Posts: 163 Member
    edited October 2014
    > @Ash072 said:
    > JBEAR1 - I'm half British and I have to say the best part about your house is that it is JUST AS SMALL as a real British house. :smile: Well, the one my relatives live in. They're cramped compared to US standards. I like the brickwork and your choice of a phone booth. Too bad it wasn't a TARDIS. :smile:

Lol at this. So true! All the Americans are like, "It's small, and cute etc". In Britain this is a pretty big house lol, and detached too, which is hard to come by. If this was RL that house would be way out of my price range :D

Edited cos I forgot to tell you what a good job you did, Jbear :)
  • Options
    pchapmanpchapman Posts: 260 Member
    JBear I love your Little Britain house. I think it is an excellent build.
    Origin ID for Sims 4: patti2297
    Follow me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Thank you both :)

Got side tracked from my main builds again and decided to make a multi storey car park, did that then thought hmm, this just needs windows and a door and it will not be useless. I considered furnishing it, then started filling it with gallery rooms but I've decided to just leave it a blank canvas for people to do what they want with. Hope you like it. I'm pleased with it.

I think it is a 30 x 20 and 60k. Called CAR PARK CONVERSION. Origin JBEAR1.

As always, thanks for looking.

10-03-14_10-31nbspPM.png
    10-03-14_10-31nbspPM-2.png
    10-03-14_10-33nbspPM.png
    10-03-14_10-33nbspPM-2.png

edit: just thought how awesome it would be if someone took it and turned it into a car park. Mind would be blown.
    Post edited by JBEAR1 on