Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆Color My World☆ Rainbowcy (Update 5/7)

Comments

• Options
    iButterfreeiButterfree Posts: 2,043 Member
    @linesa- Yeah, getting involved and participating in the foreign language you're trying to learn is said to be the best way to improve- and to improve rapidly.

Oh yeah, it's a sad situation. The thing is, too many people write lazily in casual settings like when they're on the internet or texting their friends. They then bring that bad writing into their educational/professional work. In 7th grade, there was this one girl that wrote every single "you" as "u" because that was how she wrote it when she typed. I asked her why she did that on a rather large assignment, and she said she simply forgot that she had to spell correctly. It doesn't help that, for whatever reason, reading has become a chore for most people instead of something that brings pleasure. Everyone is too absorbed with their technology and how it can help them shortcut their way through life to take the time to take a step back and realize how counterproductive that is.

They did, and because the words are so different is why it's so bad. It gets worse still because that person is a university student who should have known better.
    I'm assuming it was a student in one of her lower level classes, since she allows them to write more in English than she does the ones in the higher levels. But yeah, it's ironically amusing that it's a person who doesn't speak English as her first language who has to deal with such terrible writing of native speakers *eyeroll*

I don't think I've ever seen any mods ever reprimand anyone for going off topic, actually. I don't think that's something they are very worried about. People like @AEventyr and I went off topic in my TGO thread all the time, and nothing ever happened.
    The next chapter should be fun ^^ Ethereal gets a big surprise at the very end that really does more to show how different this rainbowcy is going to be. There should be enough clues in Chp. 1 to figure out what's going to happen if you're interested in taking another look :smiley:
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    linesalinesa Posts: 426 Member
    edited October 2014
    I agree with what you said about learning a foreign language ^^

Oh yeah, I don't know why, but I don't like when people write u instead of you or any other abreviation when it's not needed XD
    I think it's useless and not "pretty" to see, especially for the readers XD

Yup, it's sad that those who love reading are "mocked" by the plums who consider reading being idiotic :\
    Reading is a thing I really love and it help us to learn a lot :D
    And from what I understand, you too enjoy reading ^^

Oh my, a university student on top of that ? It's not glorious XD
    But even in my country I've heard that a certain percentage of the managers aren't very good in orthography for example XD

Poor french prof, having more work than needed because of the bad writing of her students XD

Ah, that's good then, if they don't do anything in the Stories section of the forum unless it's necessary ^^
    Post edited by linesa on
  • Options
    Chapter Two

fc23e4ec-07f9-479c-a02d-e8723bf5030b_zps89e6e70b.jpg

I slept awfully. The mattress felt like bricks compared to my nice bed back in my room. Eden somehow had no problem with it, but I was constantly tossing and turning. It didn't help that after several hours I began to feel like how I felt after one of my meetings with Mr. Blue...Eminence...whatever. I didn't feel sick, but I felt wrong. I figured the injection Eden had given me was beginning to do whatever it was going to do. It was around early morning when I did begin to feel actually sick. Though I hoped the nausea would pass, it suddenly gave my whole body a shock. I didn't even have time to get out on my side of the bed and run around to the bathroom. I had to hurriedly crawl over Eden in order to make it to the toilet before I lost the little that was in my stomach. Naturally, my actions woke Eden up with a jolt. He came over to rub my back and keep my hair out of my face as I struggled for a whole half hour over that gross toilet.

7bb6a026-9c80-4e93-9a43-83bf0887ec0d_zps7e020dbc.jpg

When the nausea subsided, I didn't have the strength to stand or walk. Eden gently picked me up to sit me on the bed.

"Guess you're not feeling so great, huh?"

He was trying to be amusing by being sarcastic, but I was hardly in the mood for his teasing. I might have sent a rather nasty glare his way.

"Okay, okay," Eden conceded, "Do you feel any better now that your stomach is done throwing its fit?"
    "A little. I feel really weak, and I don't want to move. At all." I mumbled.
    "Well, here. I'll help you to lie down, and then I'll get you some water. We don't want you to get dehydrated."

Eden assisted me in slowly laying back down. The way he fluffed the pillows and propped me against them made the bed feel not quite so lumpy. The water did wonders as well. Most of the icky feeling in my stomach went away, and I didn't fell as woozy as I had before.

"Looks like that microwave dinner really didn't well with you." Eden said after several minutes.

I didn't say anything. I knew he was trying to stop me from worrying by making it seem as if that nasty stuff was the reason for my being sick. However, he wasn't blinding me from the real reason. I napped for maybe an hour or so before the uncomfortableness of the bed woke me up again. It was hard to tell how much time was passing considering Eden kept me away from the windows. The only way I knew how to tell time was by using the sun. Even if I had been able to read a clock, there wasn't one in the building. Eden was sitting on the couch reading another book when I decided to get up.

"How are you doing now?" he asked.
    "Much better. I don't feel sick at all anymore."
    "Good. Very good."

c1a856db-86db-44fb-8531-71481ca5c266_zpsb42f4ad0.jpg

I wandered over to the box thing in the corner.

"That's a television." Eden explained before I could ask what it was.
    "Television?"
    "There are these devices called cameras. They can record the sights and sounds of the things going on around them. A lot of people like to dress up and basically put on plays for the cameras. What's captured can be broadcasted on television for people to watch. It's a very popular entertainment activity. Here," he said as he motioned for me to sit down before he placed a rectangular thing in my hand, "This television is old, but it at least has a remote and a pretty good broadcast quality. That thing is the remote by the way. It lets you control what the television does. Click the red button on the top left. It'll turn on."

I did what Eden said. I nearly jumped when the television sprang to life. I wasn't even sure what I was watching, but I knew I liked it. Eden showed me which buttons to press to scroll through the different channels. He told me to pick whatever I liked because he was going to keep reading. I went past a few channels before I stopped on one that entranced me immediately. There were so many people. There so many colors. I had felt blind when I had first seen the dingy place we were in. Now I was beginning to see that I had actually been blind for a long time. I didn't even know the world could look like that! However, Eden momentarily ruined my excitement when he looked up and made a noise of disgust.

"You told me to pick what I like. Don't complain about my choice now." I reprimanded him.
    "I know, but did you really have to pick this show?"
    "What's wrong with it?" I asked defensively.
    "It's made for three-year-olds. It's about as dumb as anything can be."

I quickly turned my head away from him. I was really insulted, but mostly I wanted to hide the fact that I suddenly felt like crying.

"Eth- I didn't mean it like that. The show is fine. It really is. Don't pay attention to me. I get really snooty sometimes. I'm super smart and all that, you know?" Eden joked sarcastically to diffuse the tension.
    "No you're not." I mumbled.
    "Oh, but I am!" Eden said with pretend haughtiness, "I graduated from high school at 16. Graduated from university at 18."
    "And that is something impressive?" I rolled my eyes.
    "It actually is. Unfortunately, I then got pulled into a job where I had absolutely no idea what I was getting myself into." he finished in a downcast tone.

And that was when I knew he wasn't joking with me.

Continue reading.
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    It's a pretty good chapter @iButterfree :D
    It's interesting that she's now a green berry, at least temporary ^^

Oh my, the scenes with the adult channel on the tv and the the one with the bathroom, it make me really laugh XD

I understand that she don't like the sedative XD
  • Options
    @linesa- Thank you very much ^^
    I thought her being changed to green was a nice little twist. It really drives home the point that the white is being eliminated from Ethereal's world XD

I love those scenes too qw7zT.gif
    The TV one was mostly for fun. The bathroom one was to subtly show how Ethereal's isolation has loosened boundaries, in this case- personal space, that a normal person would generally have. It's further amplified by her also having no qualms whatsoever about going to the bathroom outside.
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    You're welcome ^^

And I agree, it was a good little twist :D
    I think it's going to do her some good to see others colors than white and see the world ^^

Yup, you showed well that she don't really have that notion of personal space ^^
  • Options
    AmberKotoriAmberKotori Posts: 3,440 Member
    Oooo shes green! Great chapter :)
    456932bd-d82f-41e3-ba07-e3cbab1b5ebc_zpsfu64k4v0.jpg
  • Options
    AEventyrAEventyr Posts: 702 Member
    WIG! WIG! WIG!!! :s

I audibly gasped when she went from pale to green in the span of a screenshot. Not even her eyes remained white! Are there mixed berries in your world or is everyone solid? Being Eden's little sister is a great solution. I figured you'd go the more familial route. My bet was on Dad and daughter. Is it Monday again yet?
  • Options
    @AEventyr- Stop making it so hard to resist going to see the movie! XD

Yup yup. Ethereal is all green ^^
    There are mixed berries. The whole color situation will be explained in the next update :smiley:

I might be a bit too addicted to the cuteness that is the older brother/little sister scenario :blush: Can't help it XD
    Eden is a bit young to pose as her dad, and he'll give more reasons for choosing to be her brother instead in the future. I did consider pushing things in that direction though.
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    Perhaps this little TGO post can tide you over @AEventyr? :wink:
    There's Two Futures as well if you haven't seen that yet.
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    :o

I am so saving that for tomorrow or the day after to help spread the week out!
  • Options
    @AEventyr- Whoops, I forgot to link the first post I was talking about :blush: It's just some pictures of Ellothiel.

I know how you feel about the updates XD I was freaking out just a tiny bit today about how I had to hurry up and keeping working on the updates to make sure they didn't catch up on me. I had forgotten it was only yesterday when Chp. 2 came out, and I have 3-5 all done and 6 almost finished too :lol: That's a month and a half's worth of time for me to use to make more chapters :grinning:
    I'm just so eager to put the updates out that I get waaaay too ahead of myself, haha.
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    Well, you know, it's not like we'd get mad if you felt the need to post an extra chapter sometime or anything..... ;)
    Elly had such pretty outfits.
  • Options
    @AEventyr- Perhaps someday XD Maybe there'll be a Christmas special or something :smiley: Otherwise, I gotta control myself. These chapters take so long to make, so I can't be too generous with giving them out ahead of time.

I would say my favorites are Vacation Outfit 1&2, Dress 5, and her Wedding Dress. I like the hospital gown as well, mostly because it gave me an excuse to change her hair :lol:
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Chapter Three

13e12b55-fdee-48f7-9d2b-6a441e6e6ca5_zps65246d60.jpg

My mind was spinning when I woke up. Not because I had been sedated, but because there was so much for me to take in. I saw many things that I knew the words for but had never actually seen myself. I was lying in the back seat of a "car", and we were parked on the side of a dirt "road." I could see a bunch of tall buildings in the distance. I promptly woke up Eden, who was napping in the front seat, and excitedly asked about them. He thankfully wasn't annoyed and explained that we were close to the place where we would be living- Berrybrook County. All I had to do was get changed, and we could head to our new home. Apparently, Eden had met with one of his "friends" while I had been sleeping. He had brought me some green clothes and lunch for the both of us. I changed quickly for I was starving. Eden and I sat out in the field near where we were parked to eat the spaghetti and meatballs. It was strange to be the same color as the grass. The change was going to take quite a while to get used to, and I hoped I would never have to have another injection. I liked Eden being green. I didn't like me being green.

However, I soon forgot about that. Eden let me sit in the front seat of the car while we drove into Berrybrook County. I had never had such a thrill before! To have the world zooming by me was a sensation impossible for me to have ever imagined on my own. I was so enthralled by the drive that it took us reaching Berrybrook for me to start paying attention to what was outside the window. Eden explained that it was half a city and half a town. Our house was on the town side. I didn't listen to him very much. The television truly didn't do justice in showing what the outside world was actually like. My heart began to beat fast again though. There were so many people around. It was knowing I was going to be surrounded by a lot of them that was the source of my continued anxiety.

It was awe, amazement, and excitement that my heart then began to beat with. Eden slowed the car and pulled us into our driveway. Our driveway that was at our house. Our house. It was just too much to believe. I jumped out of the car before Eden could turn to look at me. I had only seen the other houses we had passed coming in, but I quickly decided the one in front of me was the most perfect one of all. I began to understand why Eden had gotten upset with me all those times I said I didn't care about the outside world. Now that I was in it, I could never live in isolation again.

55d3455f-ce35-43e0-9f47-eeda00a356d8_zps6fb6151a.jpg

"Meadow."

I ran over to the window. I wasn't surprised when I saw that there was a lot of green. Despite my desire to peek and see everything in its entirety being great, I found myself hesitating. It really was so much to take in. I thought looking at anything else would make me faint due to me being absolutely overwhelmed.

"Meadow!"

However, my curiosity won me over. I began to crane my neck to see inside.

"Ethereal!" Eden whispered furiously.

fcb85660-5b56-489c-bd86-f7940dc1bb6f_zps291f25a9.jpg

I flinched. Whoops. I had done it again. Eden was scowling when I turned around, so I walked over to him quickly when he motioned me to him. He hurriedly glanced up and down the street to make sure no one was around.

"You have to remember to respond to your new name." he reprimanded sternly.
    "I don't understand why I have to have to be called something different." I mumbled.

Why couldn't I keep one connection to the old me?

"No one would name a green child Ethereal. Besides, that name would be a magnet that would draw The Company here."
    "Why didn't you change your name then? They know it just as well as they know mine."
    "Believe me, I would have done that if there had been time. My friends and I had enough trouble just getting 'Meadow Yonder' into the system. It's easier for them to hide us than it is to come up with new identities."
    "Can't you call me Ethereal as a nickname or something though?"

I was desperate.

"I will call you that when we are home alone only after you have gotten used to 'Meadow', alright?" Eden compromised.
    "Alright." I pouted.

Eden's expression softened.

"Alright," he repeated, "Well, I can tell you're eager to see what's inside. Let's go in."

Continue reading.
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    It was a great chapter ^^

It's cute to see her playing with children of her age and starting to discover the world ^^
  • Options
    She's so shy, it's adorable!!! I like her new set of friends, especially "Charming". He's going to be a barrel of laughs, isn't he?

Did you make the house or did someone else, and is the neighborhood on the store or did you just recolor a game one?
  • Options
    @linesa- Getting her around the other children was something I really enjoyed. I do like how they make a great rainbow ^^

@AEventyr- Ethereal/Meadow does have the Shy trait, but it definitely doesn't help that she was pretty much thrown into this decently sized group of strangers on her first afternoon on the outside where she doesn't know much about the person she's supposed to be or of the world itself XD I think she did well though.
    I love Allium (and I thought his "Charming" line was pretty clever, if I do say so myself.) He and Amaranth are tied for my favorites out of Ethereal's friends. There's going to be a lot of him in the future :smiley:

"Berrybrook" County is Storybrook County, which can be found here. I've done some work berrifying it, but the only building I've done is Ethereal's room with The Company and the little house Eden and Ethereal hid out in.
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    I agree, they make a great rainbow ^^

The world you've used is really beautiful ^^
  • Options
    Oh, no doubt! Little Elly/Meadow acts exactly how I do when thrust into a new situation. Shy kids FTW! We open up when we're ready to and feel comfortable. If you're not one yourself then good job depicting one properly.

That is an adorable little town! I love how they've added lots when more expansions came out.
  • Options
    @linesa- I was a little disappointed when I realized I didn't have any brown in the "main" group, because then every color of the Berry Sim rainbow would have been represented, but I made up another little girl who will appear often enough to counter that. There's gonna be a whole lot more color coming- which is somewhat overwhelming for someone who doesn't really like to make Sims like I do :sweat_smile:

I gotta let the creators take the credit ^^ I'm hoping I can build a world like Storybrook County myself one day though. Create-a-World is overwhelming at first, but it's actually a whole lot of fun to use.

@AEventyr- (Think you meant little Ethy, not little Ellothiel :grinning: I probably shouldn't give my main characters name that use similar letters and have the same overall flow XD) I used to be shy. It wasn't until about freshman year of high school when I really began breaking out of that. I am a quiet and introverted person, and while I recognize that now, before I didn't. I kinda did look at it as if there was something wrong with me. It was hard for me to understand why everyone was so energetic and eager to be around people all the time, but whenever I tried to be the same way I just couldn't do it. Eventually I grew to accept it. Then I grew to embrace it. Now I like that I have a quieter way of going through life. I generally don't go out of my way to interact with new people, but I have absolutely no problem talking to strangers or meeting new people anymore.

I actually had a few troubles with the town. I downloaded an earlier version when I didn't have the expansion packs I have now. However, there were still some lots that looked weird because I was missing content that I had been used. It was a right pain figuring out how to transfer my households over to the new version when I picked up more expansions. Eden and Ethereal's house is an older copy of their house placed where the most recent version of it should be XD I was really disappointed because in the old version their house had a winding path in the backyard that went up a hill and led to a secluded, grassy cliff that overlooked the ocean. That hill and cliff was taken out in the new world :/
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    I see ^^

Can't wait to see that little girl ^^
    It's going to be fun to see another possible friend for Ethy/Meadow ^^
  • Options
    Yes. Ethy. Think I'll just call her Meadow from now on. Nice name. I was the exact same way even through college, unless I was with my group of friends. Berry, I'm still that way, but since I work in customer service I'm able to tell myself "it's like being on stage; you do your job to make people happy and they don't have to know the real you" and it gets me through the day. Being one of the quiet ones is often, imo, more fun than being the extroverts jumping around. I think we see things others miss.

Boo. That sounds like a beautiful feature they had to cut out. It's horrible when features don't want to work properly, like that whole mermaid tale fiasco or the celebrity system suddenly not working, or houses losing features.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    @linesa- I've been working on more chapters. The brown girl, and several other children, will make their first appearance in Chp. 7.

I'm looking forward to the ones that'll cause friction with Ethereal/Meadow. She's gotta have frenemies at some point XD

@AEventyr- It's funny because once she's green I can only see her as Meadow. As soon as she's white, she's Ethereal. It really is like she's two distinct people. I think if she's green in the chapter, I'll call her Meadow. If she's white, I'll call her Ethereal XD

That's good that you're able to find a way to psyche yourself up ^^
    For my job I don't have any problems with. But back in school, when I had to give a presentation or something of the sort I always forced myself to go first. Not only did most of my teachers go easiest on the person who volunteered to go first, I didn't have to worry about feeling inadequate of anyone who went before me and I could just get it out of the way so I didn't have to deal with the stress of sitting there freaking out about being up there in front of people.
    mss8gv9
  • Options
    Oh, I see ^^

I can't wait to see the other children and your other chapters ^^