Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆Color My World☆ Rainbowcy (Update 5/7)

Comments

• AmberKotoriAmberKotori Posts: 3,440 Member
    I don't use them either @AEventyr well rarely, need to with twitter and my business and junk, but I don't like it.Always forget them on Facebook posts too >.>
    456932bd-d82f-41e3-ba07-e3cbab1b5ebc_zpsfu64k4v0.jpg
  • iButterfreeiButterfree Posts: 2,043 Member
    edited January 2015
    #Allthehashtags

Lol, no. I don't use them either. I have a Twitter, but I haven't bothered with it in forever. The only time I used hashtags is when I'm searching for stuff on Tumblr :smiley: The ones I look up the most are #Thranduil and #Legolas. I love those two even more than I did before now :disagree:

Random BTS picture:
    c7330945-c317-418a-9c2e-091204839888_zps45d3fb39.jpg

Ethereal is a little perturbed by everyone else yawning in exact unison.
    mss8gv9
    I have everything linked, I post a pic of a new necklace or pendent on instgram, and that is connected to twitter, tumblr, and a few others. Need to hashtags so my work might be seen when people are searching. :) It's more I'm forced to use them if I wish for the business to take off.
    I would be a bit freaked out if everyone around me just started yawning at the same time XD
    Chapter Thirteen

c7893a90-34a9-4664-a364-011a44eec295_zpsd9f3d26c.jpg

I fixed my hair and straightened out my clothes for the thousandth time. The outfit was a little too new and stiff for my liking, but good ol' Eden had refused to allow me to wear any of my previously bought outfits on my first day of school. Not that any of what I had could be considered old or worn at all. I had so many clothes that by the time I got around to wearing a few things twice Eden had already bought me more. It was becoming a really big problem that I was going to have to talk to him about soon. That issue was hardly bothering me at the moment though. I had thought my one year anniversary of being away from The Company earlier in the summer had been a momentous occasion. As it was, I was more anxious about what this particular day had in store for me. I practiced a smile and pose in the mirror right as Button shuffled into Eden's room. The mirror in my room wasn't low enough to get a full view of myself. I gave Button a pat before smiling wider at my reflection.

"That just looks silly, doesn't it?" I said to myself and my dog, "I think a nice simple one will do fine."
    "Ethereal!"

The call came from Eden downstairs. My heart pounded loudly for several thumps. It was almost time to go.

f3c76880-4059-4e3a-8a68-ec62ec4076e3_zpse6ff92b1.jpg

I walked downstairs slowly trying not to scuff up my new shoes. I found Eden in the kitchen furiously scrubbing away at a horribly messy stove.

"It still isn't coming off?" I asked in surprise.
    "This is what I get for letting Blaze cook. 'Just a quick little thing,' he said. Yeah right!" Eden complained.
    "You should get him over here to clean it off." I suggested.
    "Believe me, I would if I could. The idiot is smart enough to know that's what I'll give him an earache about, which is probably why he won't pick up when I call."
    "I find it funny, and somewhat annoying, how you'll let him cook, but you still are so uptight about letting me do anything." I half grinned, half pouted.
    "I do need to rethink my priorities, don't I?" Eden chuckled before sighing, "And I guess I need to give up on this for the moment."

9d6ceaf8-7fed-4dfa-aa63-4c49f3e43114_zpsff476c04.jpg

He set the sponge down and looked at me. I rolled my eyes mentally because I knew exactly what was coming. I hadn't heard the end of Eden's worries ever since it had been decided I would start attending public school.

"We have to be heading out in a minute," he began reluctantly, "Although I continue to think that we shouldn't. I don't know why I let myself be convinced that doing this was an acceptable idea."
    "It'll be fine! I really do think it's like what Blaze has been saying- if you get me out where I have more pressure on me then there's sure to be faster results."
    "He can only say that because he has no idea that you've only had about a year of proper education. And I can't get you jumping into a normal school after having such a short time to not only catch up to where you should be but also learning basic social norms and customs to play out well in my head. I think you, like Blaze, just don't understand exactly what you're getting yourself into."
    "My friends have told me all about what school will be like though. I do understand!" I reassured him.

However, Eden shook his head and sighed again. He clearly didn't believe me. His watch beeped. It was time for us to leave. I really wished he had more faith, but I was content with knowing that there was nothing he could do to stop the current situation. He had gone ahead and enrolled me despite his reservations. I had to show up for the first day now whether he liked it or not. Eden put the lunch he packed in my bookbag before ushering me out towards the car.

Continue reading.
    mss8gv9
  • AEventyrAEventyr Posts: 702 Member
    Man, this gave me flashbacks. Jumping from Private School to Public isn't as daunting as Home schooled, but still enough of a change to make any shy kid want to just go home at lunch. As soon as you introduced another white girl, I knew she'd either be a prissy little princess or you'd surprise us and she'd get along the best with Meadow. I think I'm going to call her Prissy from now on, because she is. Prissy the Pristine Princess. (I hate bullies.) Also, Am is the best friend in the history of ever! Nothing bad had better ever happen to him or I will cry.
    I second @AEventyr you better not have Prissy try and take Am away from Meadow! =p
    @AEventyr‌- I remember early elementary being rather chaotic for me. I went to 4 different schools. There was the one on the military base (Marshall, I think it was), then I went to Jackson after we moved to New Mexico, then there was Wood Gormley which I transferred to a few weeks after attending Jackson because my mom didn't like how me and my sisters went to different schools (so I don't know why she put us in different schools in the first place), and then there was the one I went to after we moved to Ohio. A lot of changes, a lot of new situations, and constantly leaving friends/making new ones. By the time I was in the one in Ohio my grades were struggling :dizzy_face:

Purity is actually going to be a lot more mean than I originally intended :sweat_smile: I knew it was cliche to have her be a really rude character, but there was just too much good conflict I could get from her being that way. I also needed to introduce a mean character at some point otherwise things would just be too happy, and changing her character made the most sense considering it does make sense that she would be spoiled rotten. I think she'll end up well fleshed out in the end though :blush: She's going to be in for quite a shock when she discovers Ethereal's little secret :grinning:

I'm struggling with Amaranth, because I want to focus more on the other boys as well. It's just too easy to give him all the cool parts though :disagree: I was going to put Sap in the same class with him, Ethereal, Frost, and the others, but I didn't want to crowd that class with all the main/minor characters. Ah well. The other boys will have their time to shine eventually. Their high school years are going to be fun :wink:

@AmberKotori‌- We're just going to have to see :wink: Purity likes the best of the best, and Amaranth is as about as good as you can get :disagree:
    mss8gv9
    157c9389-f6d8-432e-b6f0-dfcb8b943fe7_zpsd7cb6bba.jpg

c073edd4-c815-4b2d-8d8e-ba7d2315d6d8_zpsb93ba476.jpg

d70ed45c-7fae-4ee1-b1fc-16b5bff2a589_zps80aaa24f.jpg

e94b583c-7de5-489d-b585-0d5af888f3eb_zps3b40adb3.jpg

8b3f0f39-8e1a-4df5-a2ad-e6604f71e121_zps29baed12.jpg

Finding an appropriate action for Mrs. Chamois and her stick is hard.
    mss8gv9
    She scary!
    edited January 2015
    I think it'd be fun to have a teacher like that :disagree:
    mss8gv9
    At Meadows age I'd be worried that she was guna beat me with the stick! O.O
    Eh, I think the kids all know there would be a riot if that happened :relieved:
    mss8gv9
  • pigletpooh1pigletpooh1 Posts: 231 Member
    What an inspiration!
    "And that, children, is how I failed my audition to be a Jedi Master for the horribly made Star Wars prequels."
    @pigletpooh1‌- Indeed!

@AEventyr‌- At least she puts her heart into it :disagree:
    I think a Jedi like her would be hilarious, lol! Probably would have made me like those movies better.

Came across this image yesterday:

438_zpsc08ae6c3.png

That second name :smiley: I was like "That's not a strange name though. Not to me." :disagree:
    mss8gv9
    What are some modern parents thinking? Really..... Then again, I'm sure the same thing was said when someone suggested streets and locations for names and no one bats an eye at those anymore. But good grief.
    You should have seen the rest of the unfortunate names in that post. Some people need to be smacked with some Sense.

I was named after a street my parents lived on (Kelsey Ave.), but at least that's still a normal name. I kinda feel 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on my name though. I was named after a street for Pete's sake, and I have a boring middle name that like 50% of other girls have- Marie. My sisters have cool middle names- Rochelle and Monet.
    mss8gv9
  • Makayla_MakaPakaMakayla_MakaPaka Posts: 771 Member
    Ms Chamois and Purity are horrible! I wish Ethereal could have peeled off the green to show the white and been like 'I'm white too. And yet I'm not a ****** like you! So don't act so high and mighty!'
    I was named after a town (Melissa) XD
    @Makayla_MakaPaka‌- Mrs. Chamois is actually not that bad. She's really nice, but she just had that one moment where she made a really stupid comment. You'll see her get better in tomorrow's chapter :blush:
    Also, Purity might have some bad karma coming her way :wink:

@AmberKotori‌- That's nice :blush:
    I guess I can't complain too much though. All the potential names I want to give my potential kids don't really have any meaningful reasoning behind them either. They're just names I like :smile:
    mss8gv9
  • Makayla_MakaPakaMakayla_MakaPaka Posts: 771 Member
    @Makayla_MakaPaka‌- Mrs. Chamois is actually not that bad. She's really nice, but she just had that one moment where she made a really stupid comment. You'll see her get better in tomorrow's chapter :blush:
    Also, Purity might have some bad karma coming her way :wink:

@AmberKotori‌- That's nice :blush:
    I guess I can't complain too much though. All the potential names I want to give my potential kids don't really have any meaningful reasoning behind them either. They're just names I like :smile:

It was a fairly mean comment. But I'm glad she gets nicer :blush: and good! I hope she gets karma! I hate people like that :angry:
    edited January 2015
    Chapter Fourteen

e8b229dd-176a-4fbb-aa49-d88a8fe97d97_zps3515ad10.jpg

I pulled back when Button once again decided to wet my face with her lovely wet tongue. I loved Button, but the one thing about her I detested was her bad dog breath. Eden had bought her some toys that supposedly helped to floss her teeth, and he had even been able to coax her to sit still long enough for him to scrub at her teeth with a toothbrush a few times. It felt like it didn't do much, to me at least. I wiped off the slobber and gently pushed Button away.

"Come on now," I said, "You need to be brushed. It's not time to give 🐸🐸🐸🐸."

Button sat down for a brief few seconds, but she soon stood back up to go at my face again. I sighed, but stopped complaining. I would rather deal with Button's kisses than have to deal with the inevitable that was going to happen soon. No matter how badly I wanted to get out of it, there was no way that was possible. In fact, it was only several seconds later when Eden called for me.

"Ethereal! It's time to go!"

7ec56e9b-a6ba-445b-8101-372d4fba0d12_zpsb759eed9.jpg

I frowned hard and reluctantly stood up. Button's tail drooped. She either could sense my somber mood or she knew I was about to leave her again for hours on end. Eden had told me she had done nothing but mope about all yesterday while I had been at school.

School. I was not looking forward to going back there at all. I didn't say a word when Eden handed me my backpack and lunch. I shuffled behind as I slowly followed him to the car. He unlocked the doors, but turned to me instead of getting inside.

"You going to be alright?" he asked with concern.
    "I don't know. Yesterday was awful. I can't imagine that today will be any better." I pouted.
    "Well, I think it might be better. You know what to expect now, and you studied so hard last night. You're sure to understand more in your classes, and once you feel comfortable there you'll feel comfortable with everything else as well." Eden encouraged.
    "Yeah..." I responded unenthusiastically.

It was true I had studied right up until bedtime reading about the stuff Mrs. Chamois had taught yesterday and what we would be learning today. However, even doing all that still didn't feel like enough. I was also worried that Mrs. Chamois would actually choose me to answer questions today. What if she asked me something simple that everyone else knew, but was something I didn't know? I'm sure a lot of my classmates already thought of me as 🐸🐸🐸🐸 considering the poor job I did reading yesterday.

Eden gave me a pat on the back and motioned for me to get in the car. I could pout and worry all I wanted. I had been hoping that would be enough to convince Eden to keep me home, but it looked like I was out of luck.

a96ba7c5-5c12-47c5-9dc8-454c2d02d0dd_zps5c580af0.jpg

The day was already off to a a worse start considering my bad mood, and then there was the fact that I got to see less of Eden before I headed to my doom. There was no reason for him to come inside with me today. He parked momentarily on the side of the street, said goodbye before leaning over to give me a kiss, I got out of the car, and he left. I moped silently in my head as I watched him drive away. Then my situation already grew even more deplorable when I turned around to find out who else had also just been dropped off. Purity hadn't seen me, but I had easily spotted her. She appeared to be readjusting a delicate strap on her shoes. I noticed when I approached her that light, flowery scent enveloped her person. Her clothes looked even more expensive than her outfit yesterday, and she kept on carrying herself with that poise that I doubted I could ever have.

She gave me a disapproving look when I walked over. She turned her head away slightly as if I smelled bad.

"Hi, Purity." I greeted her calmly.
    "Hello, Envy."

She spoke with gentle malice. I didn't dare show that I really hated her nickname for me. That would have made it harder for me to accomplish my goal. Unable to sleep the previous night due to my nerves, I had worked out how to deal with the other new girl. It was clear to me we weren't going to be best of friends. I doubted Purity would want that at all. The most I could wish for was to get rid of her disdain for me before otherwise leaving her be and hoping she would let me be. The only way to do that was to feed her attitude even though I knew that would just make her arrogance that much worse. However, I was willing to do it if it cleared up the bad air between us.

"Um, I just want to say," I started timidly but as genuinely as I could, "That I'm sorry about yesterday. You're right that I don't know much about you or what you've been through. I honestly didn't mean any harm when I talked about your condition, so I hope you'll forgive me for bringing it up without your permission."

Purity eyed me for a moment.

"It's fine," she replied with another obnoxious flick of her hair, "I know it can be overwhelming to meet someone like me. People don't know how to react sometimes. I'll let your mistake slide. Although, I'm still going to call you Envy."
    "What? Why?"
    "Don't try to act surprised. You were dressed in all green yesterday, but now that you've met me you've added white to your clothes. Why else would you have done that if you didn't wish on some level to be like me?" she explained haughtily.
    "White is my favorite color. It has been since I was little. My brother bought me this outfit a long time ago, so that it has white on it has nothing to do with you. You can just ask one of my friends." I pointed out.
    "It's alright," Purity said as she placed a hand on my shoulder, "You don't have to make excuses."

Continue reading.
    mss8gv9
    Awww, I know how she feels, I've been sick since Christmas Eve.
    edited January 2015
    My mom just always liked the name she gave me. *shrug* But each of my names reflects part of my heritage (Italian, Danish, Scots-Irish), so I have that going for me.

YAY new chapter! I'll edit in thoughts as I go read now. Ugh, Prissy is such a little snot. Clearly some issues there since she's not just picking on Meadow. Upbringing, clearly.
    Post edited by AEventyr on
    @AmberKotori‌- Sorry to hear you're still sick. At least you've got a (fictional) comrade to share your pain with :relieved:

@AEventyr‌- And Purity is going to get better :disagree:
    You are right. Purity's parents will make an appearance soon-ish, and it'll be shown exactly how their daughter became such a lovely young lady.
    mss8gv9