Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Style is really missed

I really miss create a style. :'( The pattern choices and colors in the game, so far, are lacking. :'( This is the BASE game and I realize that. The fact that Sims 3 had this tool, and this game does not, makes NO SENSE to me :o . That was one aspect of Sims 3 that I really loved and thought was a true "keeper" for the future. I hope that it returns somehow or that we get a separate program (FREE, FREE, FREE) to create-a-style. <3

Comments

• Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Ya I miss it here too
  • Options
    SuperKamakasy64SuperKamakasy64 Posts: 112 Member
    I get why people miss it, having so many styles when making a home was super useful but i never use it, not because i didn't want to is for the reason @Xminajesty mentions, It was a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to use with all the lag and loading, but i get your point we need more styles in The Sims 4.
    eBeOEPN.png
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    derfloc wrote: »
    Imo furnishing is a nightmare currently, colors just never match and in general color selection feels way too limited. Quite often even similar looking colors on different items look really off1, and all together Sims 3 buildmode felt way less restrictive and more rewarding thanks to CAS and the color wheel. When it came to furnishing the only real limit was ones imagination, in TS4 on the other hand I spend most of my time clicking through all the available items, trying to find acceptable color premades, mostly without much success.

I know. I love decorating and it's such a PITA in TS4. It takes forever to find stuff with presets that actually go together. :confounded: It's just no fun. I always have a blast with decorating in TS3.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2014
    I wish to see it return because as long as there is no customization, Sims 4 will always be lacking. In some areas of Sims development low end machines are what holds back progress regardless of how well the game plays without it and those that are more than capable of having it suffers.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I don't miss it that much except with some objects in build mode--such as doors. And matching wood tones on exterior elements.
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    edited September 2014
    I don't mind patterns as much as the color wheel, but 4 definitely has a lot lacking a lot of style now. I'm not a fan of mods/addons, but if someone makes a color wheel at least I'm downloading it :)
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    smoogie wrote: »
    hence why I still play TS3
    Ditto. I miss Create-a-Style too much. That tool really let my imagination go wild.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited September 2014
    I miss it too. I think something similar but not quite so all-encompassing would be awesome (since it was making people's computers give up in protest). I just want to be able to make the color schemes match lol I don't care so much about selecting every single detail of how my object looks, but I would like to make it so they at least look like they came in a set. Lots of the color combos are kind of similar between different objects, and yet somehow not at all at the same time lol.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    I really liked create-a-style! Yes it made my game lag (and occasionally crash) but the detailed customization was awesome! As others have stated, it does feel like there is a lack of matching objects into a set, especially bedroom furniture!! Sigh.
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I am missing it too, primarily for clothing, but building interiors and exteriors too.
    I think my general approach to interior design is to keep the majority of the room in neutrals and punch it up with color in spots.
    09-21-14_8-03nbspAM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    Neverrr *hisses*
  • Options
    RyckRyck Posts: 214 Member
    edited September 2014
    pawzsim wrote: »
    I really miss create a style. :'( The pattern choices and colors in the game, so far, are lacking. :'( This is the BASE game and I realize that. The fact that Sims 3 had this tool, and this game does not, makes NO SENSE to me :o . That was one aspect of Sims 3 that I really loved and thought was a true "keeper" for the future. I hope that it returns somehow or that we get a separate program (FREE, FREE, FREE) to create-a-style.

Don't you know? They had to remove CASt to make room for multitasking and emotions.

Priorities!

Where did they say that? CASt created lag before multitasking existed. I always hated watching rooms constantly render from all the patterns the game was loading. However multitasking is infinitely more immersive than multiple floral patterns so I am fine with that trade off.
  • Options
    RyckRyck Posts: 214 Member
    edited September 2014
    If you went to the department store to buy clothes or furniture, you pick from what they have. That's the way I kind of look at it. It's more realistic in a way. I only used it a few times and mainly because some items you bought in the store only came in one preset color. I would save the item in a couple more colors to get some variety.
    Post edited by Ryck on
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Ryck wrote: »
    If you went to the department store to buy clothes, you pick from what they have. That's the way I kind of look at it. It's more realistic in a way.

The furniture store is the same.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited September 2014
    I miss it too. It wouldn't be so bad if they had at least used a bigger and better matching color palette for the CAS and Build/ Buy functions. But without a color wheel or CASt you are at their mercy, unless you use a mod.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I don't find myself missing CASt quite as much as I thought I would. I used it all of the time, too. But it did cause problems in the game. Without mods my game was becoming quite unplayable. To me, having Sims with way more personality and lively, more than makes up for a designer room. M'eh, early garage is an okay style with me. :p
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited September 2014
    I actually don't miss it at all. It's nice to not have to customize your house for ten minutes, waiting for CASt to load and then digging through the myriad of hideous paisley patterns, animal patterns, flame patterns, flower patters, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. As others have said it would be nice to have a color wheel at the very least, but right now I'm fine with not having even that.
    44444.gif
  • Options
    webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Ryck wrote: »
    If you went to the department store to buy clothes, you pick from what they have. That's the way I kind of look at it. It's more realistic in a way.

The furniture store is the same.

Well, I wouldn't be shopping at these stores. They have little selection.
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    I happen to not miss create a style. It and the open world of sims 3=laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggggg
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    marthakixmarthakix Posts: 188 Member
    I know this doesn't add to the discussion but me too! I miss it so bad! I really can't understand why they didn't figure a smart way to make it run better.

I don't care about smarter sims. I want smarter create style!