Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Style is really missed

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    g01denswan wrote: »
    My computer was 10 years old at the end of TS3 and I have all EPs, most SPs and most store content. Not once did I have a problem with CASt and my computer wasn't even high end in 2004.

I miss CASt so much. It takes forever now to decorate in TS4, and even when I'm finished, it looks so boring.

I agree, it takes forever and at the end of it there is no satisfaction at all. :( Sims 4 is completely ruined for me without a colour wheel or at least more colour choice matching across the whole range of objects.

I never had a problem with CASt, ever. It was only after buying later store content that my game began to lag towards the end of the Sims 3 series when using CASt.

• Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    Sims 4 players say, "Make your own recolors"
    It's the only way now ヽ(^🐸🐸🐸🐸^)丿
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    While I miss this feature, I could totally be content if there were at the very least, a color wheel to allow me to match things up far better than what we currently have.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    CASt is one of the main things that I miss from TS3. (Much bigger than toddlers for me, but yeah -- to each his/her own.)

That said, it really is something they need to design into the game from the start. Yes, even for "just a color wheel." The problem being, even "just a color wheel" gets complicated once you start dealing with items that have patterns or just more than one color on them, in general.

Assuming that the item is not monotone (one single, solid color), then you have to have some sort of mask layer included in that item to indicate which areas get colored when you recolor it. A blouse with white lace trim would have to specify that only the colored portion and not the white lace changes when you use your color wheel. That sort of thing. So really, even just recoloring tends to require mask layers that essentially define the pattern(s) in the texture so the game knows where the color goes/which color(s) change.

So the big problem is that all of the existing clothes already in the game, packs and expansions would ALL need to be tweaked to add this additional data, which is a lot of tweaking. And of course, all CC that's ever been made for the game would likewise also need to be redone, which would make for a lot of unhappy CC creators/users.

The only way I could see CASt coming back to TS4 would be if they basically 'grandfathered' all of the existing clothing and just made new clothing going forward recolorable. That should be possible, but it would obviously be less than ideal. (IE, existing clothing would remain as-is and not be recolorable, while new clothing made with the new system could be recolored.)

All in all, I'm just hoping they really get the idea and make CASt a part of The Sims 5. (Along with a bunch of other things they left out, like open world, terrain editing, CAW and such.)
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    I personally never used it. First, I plum at using it, and second, it always made the game lag, and it just wasn't worth my time, but I would like a color wheel. JUST a color wheel.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    ren_sibal123ren_sibal123 Posts: 86 Member
    Pros of create a style: More aesthetic, more fun
    Cons: Laggy, turn gray while reloading.
    I still like it. So i hope sims 4 will be create a style feature.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited April 2020
    As I said before I miss CASt a lot, but the reason I miss it is because again, they have deliberately made things not match in this game. That's the only way to really explain it... Not only do some things don't HAVE a match (like the aforementioned base game tables that has no matching dinner room chairs with them for no reason known to man) but even a lot of things that supposedly are part of a set has things where one thing in the set is missing, or exists but only have half the swatches of the other items, or...

I mean I ran into a stupid problem yesterday. I was going to use the tallest base game wooden fence around a lot... and found out that Maxis never put a matching gate for it into the game. The one gate that matches has the swatches of another fence for it, not for that fence.
    (edit) Or what about kitchenware? I know of at least one matching set of stove and fridge that has a lot of cute colors, BUT someone thought it was a good idea to put a little more "shine" on the surface of the fridge, so they still don't look the same despite identical swatches.
    So yes, I miss CASt.

Btw as for crasing? It could break a computer, but it depended on how many styles you had. As long as you created styles you could re-use and had <50 or so, it worked fine on most machines. I have a feeling people that got everything wrecked had like one whole unique style set for every house and every family, like 300 - 500 styles in one save.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Simmer4Ever2020Simmer4Ever2020 Posts: 15 Member
    I watched lots youtube videos on the sims all four of them. Everyone graphics are better but I hear a lot missing from sims 4 that sims2 , and 3 has nevr played sims 2 so won't say nothing about it. But the sims 4 is missing lots of the characteristics sims 3 had and I would like beable add 5 and or 6 traits to my sims.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    It's also still missing the Heartshape Bed.