Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of Challenges (Legacy and Other) for Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    In that case, what would you pick or favor for a legendary legacy? And what would put you off? Just getting some ideas!
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited April 2016
    @AlHollandiyah Personally I would use the K**I**S**S. method and Keep It SIMply SIMple. Rarely have I ever made it to Gen 10 in any game save. Mods are not my thing so I would not play if they were required. My Sims have historically started with an empty lot and usually at Zero Simoleons. Tracking generations could be tricky. I would recommend some sort of document outside of the game to follow the family lineage.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    In that case, what would you pick or favor for a legendary legacy? And what would put you off? Just getting some ideas!

I am no expert but might I suggest doing a different challenge every 5 to 10 generations? Maybe you are really good at doing long challenges whereas I tend to get bored after a few generations because I like to start off poor and then build up.

So depending on how you like to play, I would cater to whatever your play-style is. If you like to rotate families you could start off with the Prosperity challenge for example but if you like to play one family, then you could start off with say the Rosebud challenge or Randomacy type challenge or Build Newcrest Legacy if you like to build or really any that strike your fancy. Like Euphorial Queen said I would keep it simple.
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Hey guys ;) for those of you who are new to this forum I made this Quick Guide to Simlit ^^ I hope that new people will find many of their questions answered there. Happy Simming!

Guide:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/884045/a-quick-guide-to-simlit/p1
  • Options
    @AlHollandiyah Personally I would use the K**I**S**S. method and Keep It SIMply SIMple. Rarely have I ever made it to Gen 10 in any game save. Mods are not my thing so I would not play if they were required. My Sims have historically started with an empty lot and usually at Zero Simoleons. Tracking generations could be tricky. I would recommend some sort of document outside of the game to follow the family lineage.

Good thinking. I usually track on or more things in google docs, so that would be accounted for anyway. I will keep cooking on that one!
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    I am no expert but might I suggest doing a different challenge every 5 to 10 generations? Maybe you are really good at doing long challenges whereas I tend to get bored after a few generations because I like to start off poor and then build up.

So depending on how you like to play, I would cater to whatever your play-style is. If you like to rotate families you could start off with the Prosperity challenge for example but if you like to play one family, then you could start off with say the Rosebud challenge or Randomacy type challenge or Build Newcrest Legacy if you like to build or really any that strike your fancy. Like Euphorial Queen said I would keep it simple.

That is the biggest flaw in long term challenges, which played me part in the 100 baby challenge. I was planning to put lifetime on short to speed things up a little bit and use cake to age up at regular moments (rules yet to decide). So much to think about!

Also I have always wanted to do some kind of bunker challenge where you can only live under ground, so I'm likely to incorporate that into it. Goes fantastically with having to get 100 generations (after that much time it is safe again on the surface). Something like that!
  • Options
    Also I have always wanted to do some kind of bunker challenge where you can only live under ground, so I'm likely to incorporate that into it. Goes fantastically with having to get 100 generations (after that much time it is safe again on the surface). Something like that!
    You may want to consider The Vault Gameplay Challenge or The Bunker Legacy Challenge both by @Charliimai

• Options
    I have looked through it, it does contain some elements I thought of too. Most likely by then I will make a rule topic the way I like to play it, and then anyone can copy it or edit it to their liking. It will be a legendary legacy version. And the virus/nuclear stuff, who doesn't think of that with bunkers, lol! Thanks for posting!
  • Options
    IndyfayeIndyfaye Posts: 12 New Member
    hi this is an unfinished challenge and i wanted an opinion... i have tested it and so far its working... i just want people opinions

Sims 4 the pretty woman challenge
    You are broke...and your family is broke... you don't qualify for any jobs...so when times get rough yous use the most prized possession... your........... anyway you dream of buy everything you want you want to be a Simoleonair...so you do what you have to do woohoo with anyone to get your simoleons so you can get your simoleons so you come up with a way to make money
. you dream of love but you think no one will love you
    POINT SYSTEM(sim/sims =simoleons)

woman- 150 sim

man-100 sim

High class sims
(goths , landgraabs, sims 30000+ ect.)
    250 sims woman

200 sims man

Text invite -50
    sim
boyfriend/girlfriend (max 7 days)-1000 sims per days

Dates - Bronze 50 sims 
silver 100sims 
gold 300 sims)

RULES/RECOMMENDATIONS
/GOALS
    - you start with 3500

- 20 x 15 lot
- after u build house(shack) i want you to have 585

- i recommend if you do a 4x4house and basics in it you can send 3000 to build ill put a list be low on what i used and picture.

-cheats allowed are :

Testingcheats on

Sims.modify_funds  + 250 (example you woohoo with an landgraab right off the back lets say Nancy)
    Rosebud/kashing

bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement ( i used this to get the jail bed it’s cheap)

Shift + ]

Resetsim (example) nancy landgraab

Money 3500
    -NO MARRYING(unless you have finished the challenged
    -DON'T MOVE IN SIMS(1 sim)
    -you can use the risky woohoo if u wanna
    -you can age up teen to woohoo with the
    -or use the mod that will let YA and teen be together
    Goals
    -build a house... but still have 100000sim( mansion...or buy one 100000+)
    -100,000-550,000 sims
    -complete 2 aspiration them being SERIAL ROMANCETIC and MANSION BARON
  • Options
    OmalkOmalk Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Indyfaye said:
    > hi this is an unfinished challenge and i wanted an opinion... i have tested it and so far its working... i just want people opinions
    >
    >
    > Sims 4 the pretty woman challenge
    > You are broke...and your family is broke... you don't qualify for any jobs...so when times get rough yous use the most prized possession... your........... anyway you dream of buy everything you want you want to be a Simoleonair...so you do what you have to do woohoo with anyone to get your simoleons so you can get your simoleons so you come up with a way to make money
. you dream of love but you think no one will love you
    > POINT SYSTEM(sim/sims =simoleons)
    > 
woman- 150 sim

> man-100 sim

> High class sims
(goths , landgraabs, sims 30000+ ect.)
    > 250 sims woman

> 200 sims man
    > 
Text invite -50
    > sim
boyfriend/girlfriend (max 7 days)-1000 sims per days
    > 
Dates - Bronze 50 sims 
silver 100sims 
gold 300 sims)
    > 
RULES/RECOMMENDATIONS
/GOALS
    > - you start with 3500

> - 20 x 15 lot
- after u build house(shack) i want you to have 585
    > 
- i recommend if you do a 4x4house and basics in it you can send 3000 to build ill put a list be low on what i used and picture.

> -cheats allowed are :

> Testingcheats on

> Sims.modify_funds  + 250 (example you woohoo with an landgraab right off the back lets say Nancy)
    > Rosebud/kashing

> bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement ( i used this to get the jail bed it’s cheap)
    > 
Shift + ]

> Resetsim (example) nancy landgraab

> Money 3500
    > -NO MARRYING(unless you have finished the challenged
    > -DON'T MOVE IN SIMS(1 sim)
    > -you can use the risky woohoo if u wanna
    > -you can age up teen to woohoo with the
    > -or use the mod that will let YA and teen be together
    > Goals
    > -build a house... but still have 100000sim( mansion...or buy one 100000+)
    > -100,000-550,000 sims
    > -complete 2 aspiration them being SERIAL ROMANCETIC and MANSION BARON
    >
    >

I personally think this is an awesome challenge, but just 1 thins, watch your spelling. (I don't mean to offend you)
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Indyfaye wrote: »
    hi this is an unfinished challenge and i wanted an opinion... i have tested it and so far its working... i just want people opinions
    The pretty woman challenge

**Link posted to allow discussion in that thread,
  • Options
    onceuponatime4everonceuponatime4ever Posts: 1 New Member
    I love challenges and have made up my own. Going to post when I can! (I am new to the forums)
  • Options
    I love challenges and have made up my own. Going to post when I can! (I am new to the forums)
    Posting in a new thread under this section will allow comments and feedback.
    Please be sure to give credit if using another challenge idea to create your own.
  • Options
    AGamingMammaAGamingMamma Posts: 2 New Member
    I am about to start a new sims 4 challenge and I am pretty sure I came up with it myself....that is...I DID come up with it myself and have found nothing similar when researching it, but its possible someone beat me to the punch and I don't know about it!

The Alien Domination Challenge:

Start a new save game, this is important as previous saves could give you and unfair advantage.

Create your founder in CAS. You may download sims from the gallery if you wish but they need to be Alien and have NO skills at all. Your Sim MUST be Alien, a young adult and the only sim in the household. You can give them whatever traits you wish at this stage. Name them whatever you wish but bear in mind that this is a long challenge and that you will be looking at it for a while so chose something fun. Make sure aging is set to normal.

You can move into whatever lot you wish as long as you can afford it with your starting simoleons. Once you are moved in, if your funds are not below 500, use the money cheat to reduce them. If they are already under 500 you may NOT add the addition $.

When moving on to future generations you can do it any way you wish, all our children will play some part in the challenge anyway, the only rule here is that they must be in some part alien.

For this challenge I have used bits of other well known challenges like the legacy challenge and the 100 baby challenge. There are some deliberate changes to those rules though so please read carefully!

The challenge itself

The aim of this challenge is simple – aliens are going to take over the world! Aliens have long watched sims, and they are incredibly sad with how our world is shaping. The wars, the lack of compassion, the ravaging of our natural resources…..what once made the sim race great is becoming a legend in our own lifetime…and they have decided that they need to do something!

A rouge branch of the alien army has a plan, and they have sent a lone alien female to earth. Her mission, as she chose to accept it, breed, breed and breed some more! She must take a human partner or partners and produce a minimum of 10 children! From those children, more alien or half alien babies will be born. The aim…to mix alien intelligence with human emotions and fill the earth with alien/half alien sims! This will ensure the survival of both races.

No cheats/hacks/mods that give you an advantage over someone who did not use them.

No restarting after bad events

Our Alien family is the only one that can be played…for now….a twist may come in my lets play for this and if it does I will update the rules accordingly! No merging in other families. The only way a new sim may enter the house is through marriage to the current heir. Any other marriages i.e to siblings still living at home, must result in that family member moving out with their spouse!

Your sim is free to marry or not, they do not have to have a different baby daddy unless they chose to do so.

Your domination family is free to move around the world, as long as you do not have to cheat to buy the house any free home/land is fair game.

No anti aging at all!

No changing aspirations, once an aspiration is active it MUST be completed before another one can be selected.

A dead sim is a dead sim, even aliens cannot resurrect.

All current members of the household must move out as soon as the heir marries, with the exception of the heirs parents. This is your call, they can move out at anytime you wish but CAN remain in the household until they die.

Your sims can have any job you wish, with the exception of your heir. Male heirs may work but their partners may not, female heirs may not work while they are the heir until they have had 10 children! If your female heir has a job at the time she takes over this challenge she must quit as soon as she has her first baby.

Spouses may not bring in any money when they move in…I know this challenge is not about making as much money as possible, but it is a challenge all the same!

You may adopt but the aim of the challenge is to produce as many aliens/half aliens as we can so keep your household limit in mind. It could add a nice story telling touch though so I will not rule it out.

The Alien sims must never leave the house without her disguise until generation 3.

No babysitters, your heir can leave the lot at anytime as long as a family member is there to take care of the children.

Any lifetime rewards you chose to purchase are allowed.

All childrens trains must be randomly generated. I used the one of the Legacy challenge website (sorry will not let me post links)

No aging up babies until you get the birthday notification on their actual birthday. Children and teenagers can be aged up when they have an A in school.

Once a family member is moved from the house, they are at the mercy of story progression, you cannot play them again for any reason!

No killing of household members for any reason. Accidents happen of course but make sure they are not given a helping hand ;)

You may own a family business, but the heir cannot spend all day there and neglect the children. It will be a balancing act and remember….no babysitters! Your heir can make and sell baked goods and take and sell photographs, but nothing that requires set work hours and a pay check from a formal job.

You may visit your home planet once a week, so plan your trip well! Remember that your heir cannot have a job so you will have to teach yourself how to build the ship.

The challenge is over when the whole world is populated with Aliens/Hybrids. Good Luck!

You can also find my Lets play on my YouTube Channel Gaming Mamma - again cannot post links yet :)

Hope you like it and that some of you play along :)
  • Options
    raemariekraemariek Posts: 88 Member
    This is my favorite part of the forum by far! Thank you all who have contributed!!!
  • Options
    LuffyLuffy Posts: 3 New Member
    simplyvanillasimsblog.wordpress.com/buildnewcrest-legacy-challenge/.
    And interesting challenge that I am doing right now! On YouTube @LufiteabYT
  • Options
    Luffy wrote: »
    simplyvanillasimsblog.wordpress.com/buildnewcrest-legacy-challenge/.
    And interesting challenge that I am doing right now! On YouTube @LufiteabYT
    @Luffy
    #BuildNewcrest Legacy Challenge by @SimplyVanillaSims has become wildly popular with both the players and the builders. Giving us Newcrest as an empty neighborhood was a stroke of genius and has made a lot of Simmers very happy. I hope you are having fun with the challenge.
  • Options
    LuffyLuffy Posts: 3 New Member
    @EuphorialQueen so far I'm having a blast and I haven't even started and I just made my sim! I was unsure if you could do 2 sims so I only did one! I also had just enough money including a loan from her family(wink) and she has a small 2 bed 1 bath house! The videos are coming soon!
  • Options
    xceciliaxcecilia Posts: 21 Member
    I know there is already 2 university challenges, but I saw this one on Tumblr, and it a little more recent and updated.
    Could be fun!

miss-chevus.tumblr.com/post/120957604547/sims-4-university-challenge
  • Options
    xcecilia wrote: »
    I know there is already 2 university challenges, but I saw this one on Tumblr, and it a little more recent and updated.
    Could be fun!

miss-chevus.tumblr.com/post/120957604547/sims-4-university-challenge
    The Sims 4 University Challenge by @MissChevus
  • Options
    TheSimKittenTheSimKitten Posts: 7 New Member
    I'd like to suggest my challenge The Death Of a bachelor challenge orums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/885698/the-sims-4-death-of-a-batchelor-challenge?new=1
  • Options
    TheSimKittenTheSimKitten Posts: 7 New Member
    I accidentally did it wrong, make sure to add the f in forums :)
  • Options
    I'd like to suggest my challenge The Death Of a bachelor challenge orums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/885698/the-sims-4-death-of-a-batchelor-challenge?new=1
    I accidentally did it wrong, make sure to add the f in forums :)

The Sims 4 Death of a Bachelor Challenge
    Going back to read but here is the link.
    *Corrected spelling: Bachelor :)
  • Options
    OptionalDialogueOptionalDialogue Posts: 15 Member
    Woah! What an impressive list of challenges. It would be hard to choose just one.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    @EuphorialQueen Just wondering if you have seen this challenge: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14775119#Comment_14775119

The person who made it is currently play testing it. I thought it looked interesting and plan to try it soon. :)
  • Options
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    @EuphorialQueen Just wondering if you have seen this challenge: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14775119#Comment_14775119

The person who made it is currently play testing it. I thought it looked interesting and plan to try it soon. :)

@Glimmer50
    Ah yes... I remember looking at that a few months ago. I am always happy to see the challenge being tested by the creator.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top