Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Achievements? Achievements!

Comments

• Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    So I was wondering, has anyone gotten "Can Reproduce" to work? In mine it didn't and I feel a little :neutral: after having played the family for so long as i usually never stick with it or get that many kids. I'm just obsessed with getting all the achievement :smiley:
    That achievement is either bugged or was removed from the game code prior to game release (a few of them were). Maybe it reappears through some family oriented expansion or EA finally warms their chairs and fix all those annoyances in the game, but for the time being, you can't get it.
    It was supposed to appear if one sim gets 10 kids.

Yeah I kinda figured it wasn't working when I didn't get it but just to be on the safe side I wanted to see if someone else was able to get it, thanks for the reply :smiley:
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Oh. Ok. Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi!
    So I was wondering if anyone knows the exact number of point that is possible to get from the achievements (that are working) at the moment? I have 4575 and the only one I don't have that do work (I think?) is the 400 babies one, which I probably never will get. Other than that one I have all working ones.

Also, does anyone know if they are working/ trying to fix the Can Reproduce, Old Lace and Horticulture Shock?

And if they actually are trying to make the achievements connected to the username and not by save? I'm tired of having to do a work around every time I want to/have to start a new save :/
    :)
  • Options
    cadorno12cadorno12 Posts: 61 Member
    Hi!
    So I was wondering if anyone knows the exact number of point that is possible to get from the achievements (that are working) at the moment? I have 4575 and the only one I don't have that do work (I think?) is the 400 babies one, which I probably never will get. Other than that one I have all working ones.

Also, does anyone know if they are working/ trying to fix the Can Reproduce, Old Lace and Horticulture Shock?

And if they actually are trying to make the achievements connected to the username and not by save? I'm tired of having to do a work around every time I want to/have to start a new save :/

AS of today 11/16/15 Horticultrual achievement is not working. I haven't checked the others yet.
  • Options
    cadorno12 wrote: »
    Hi!

AS of today 11/16/15 Horticultrual achievement is not working. I haven't checked the others yet.

Yeah, I wonder when the broken ones will work :/ Good to know its still not working so I don't try and get disappointed ^^
  • Options
    cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    edited November 2015
    I think the Horticultural achievement been remove Because today I put back a save game from Wednesday, ‎June ‎3, ‎2015, ‏‎6:49:39 PM and I could not find it on one of my sim that Had it done the Horticultural achievement at that time hope this may help thanks
  • Options
    I think the Horticultural achievement been remove Because today I put back a save game from Wednesday, ‎June ‎3, ‎2015, ‏‎6:49:39 PM and I could not find it on one of my sim that Had it done the Horticultural achievement at that time hope this may help thanks

Really? How odd? I I still keep trying to get that one just in case they fixed it. I'm never able to get that achievement. I've had the game since it was released on cd then when Origins took over. I don't know how to post a pic up here but, I have 4,025 points so far.
  • Options
    golongui2golongui2 Posts: 2 New Member
    I've heard that for the Legendary Legacy achievement you can't enter CAS. Is that right?
  • Options
    golongui2 wrote: »
    I've heard that for the Legendary Legacy achievement you can't enter CAS. Is that right?

I heard that as well before so when I went for that achievement I didn't change any clothes ^^
  • Options
    KlrSimsKlrSims Posts: 185 Member

correct. It'll reset your generations. No CAS during these kind of achievements otherwise it'll wipe all all of your hard work :)
  • Options
    thanks KlrSims for info (that were I have been going wrong
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Can't put a pic up here but ... I listed the achievements I got so far. I have 4,600 points. I tried getting all the others found in lists online but no other achievements work as today 1/18/17.

1. Till death do us part
    2. 50 Mile high club
    3. All nighter
    4. Are you entertained
    5. Autopsy-turvy
    6. Basketcase
    7. Beyond repairs
    8. Bowdacious
    9. Captain of industry
    10. Carried away
    11. Castaway
    12. Channel surfer
    13. Clued in
    14. Code monk
    15. Connoisseur Rex
    16. Critter catcher
    17. Down to a sicence
    18. Elementary
    19. Fired up
    20. Flying Colors
    21. For the Hoard
    22. Games within game
    23. Green thumb
    24. Harvested interest
    25. Hello, darkness, My old chum
    26. I'll get around to it
    27. I spy
    28. In the game
    29. Introvert
    30. It's not brain surgery
    31. Ivory tower
    32. Just getting started
    33. Knack of all trades
    34. Knock, knock
    35. Literal genius
    36. Male-strum
    37. Mischief mastered
    38. My you've changed
    39. Nature's course
    40. No excuses
    41. Older and Wiser
    42. On a whim
    43. Over achiever
    44. Patients are a virtue
    45. Piece of cake
    46. Problem child
    47. Refined Palette
    48. Rosebud
    49. Smooth talker
    50. So... I'll call you
    51. Splice of life
    52. Startup upstart
    53. Stellar work
    54. Straight for the jokeular
    55. Suave criminal
    56. Taste like burning
    57. Tender loving
    58. The most interesting sim in the world
    59. The pen is mightier
    60. Toungsen chef
    61. Up a notch
    62. Very special delivery
    63. View to a skill
    64. Whimsical
    65. World competitor
    66. You-reek-a
    67. Picture perfect
    68. Full house
    69. Ghostly
    70. I'm the mix master
    71. Aspirational
    72. Legacy player
    73. Vengeful Diety
    74. Alphabet Legacy
    75. What would it be like?
    76. Honorary Sim guru
    77. Legendary Legacy
    78. Black widow
    79. Triple play
    80. Ghost family
    81. Woohoo
    82. Aliens among us
    83. Double life
    84. No longer in solitary
    85. Event horizon
    86. The main event
    87. What makes a sim neutral
    88. Super best friends
    89. Speed dater
    90. Legacy leader
    91. Serial Monogamist
    92. Death of a salesman
    93. Host with the Most
    94. The Circle of Life
    95. View All Myshuno Meadows’ Sculptures
    Post edited by cadorno12 on
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    > @golongui2 said:
    > I've heard that for the Legendary Legacy achievement you can't enter CAS. Is that right?

But can you change clothes in the mirror or wardrobe?
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    charlottecupcakecharlottecupcake Posts: 80 Member
    KlrSims wrote: »

correct. It'll reset your generations. No CAS during these kind of achievements otherwise it'll wipe all all of your hard work :)

can you change clothes via the dresser? also, does anyone know if enabling full edit mode (or entering cas from the mc command center) also cause issue?
  • Options
    Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    KlrSims wrote: »

plum!!!!!!!! I thought I was going to get this one soon
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • Options
    FeiledamFeiledam Posts: 4 New Member
    > @charlottecupcake said:
    > KlrSims wrote: »
    >
    > golongui2 wrote: »
    >
    > I've heard that for the Legendary Legacy achievement you can't enter CAS. Is that right?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > correct. It'll reset your generations. No CAS during these kind of achievements otherwise it'll wipe all all of your hard work :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > can you change clothes via the dresser? also, does anyone know if enabling full edit mode (or entering cas from the mc command center) also cause issue?

Does anyone know if you can change your clothes via the dresser?
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    If you can't enter CAS, then you can't Plan Outfits or Change Appearance. Those take you into CAS.

Change Outfit via the dresser should not affect the generation counter but I don't think it's what you want. Change Outfit will just give you the same outfits you could get by changing outfit on the Sim.
  • Options
    FeiledamFeiledam Posts: 4 New Member
    Ok thanks.
  • Options
    as anybody got a sim that completed basketcase (have a sim get in and out of all primary emotional states within 24 hours) achievement in the gallery if so what the sims name? Thank
  • Options
    as anybody got a sim that completed basketcase (have a sim get in and out of all primary emotional states within 24 hours) achievement in the gallery if so what the sims name? Thank

I got it, but it took a lot of grinding. I read that some player got it by chance but I had to really work for it. First, make sure you have a room for each emotion and keep them close together so it doesn't take much time walking.

I had a small room with only angry paintings, one with sad (you could also have a tombstone), playful, flirty etc. Uncomfortable you need to have your sim not use the toilet. You can get dazed by drinking lots of coffee but I used an interaction (I think it was a mischief interaction from a higher level, perhaps 10?) I think someone else used that as well in this thread. So you need to have one sim who will get the achievement and another who will help out to get it.

Tense is possible getting with interactions as well, or make them have no fun, lots of unclean things etc. Bored you get by having another sim in the same household talk about the same thing several times.

Remember sleep is counted as one as well. The trick is to time them all since most moodlets don't run out for hours and you only got 24.

Good luck! ^^
  • Options
    evri5553evri5553 Posts: 9 New Member
    Ok So I've been trying to get the achievements done and I was wandering .... Will the legacy player achievement keep counting if I move the younger generation in a new lot? It if I move some sims out? I'm running out of space
  • Options
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Isew wrote: »
    I just tried to get the Basketcase achievement. I'm not sure what they mean by "primary" emotions, but I got: angry, confident, embarrassed, energized, flirty, focused, happy, inspired, playful, sad, and uncomfortable. I know I did not get tense or fine (not sure if there's more I missed).
    Anyone know which ones are required to complete it?

I'm pretty sure "primary" meens not "very" or more. So you don't have to get, for example, very focused. ;)

Currently these emotions are in the game (neutral, positive, negative):

Fine
    Confident
    Energized
    Flirty
    Focused
    Happy
    Inspired
    Playful
    Angry
    Bored
    Dazed
    Embarrassed
    Sad
    Tense
    Uncomfortable

If we have to pass them all with a sim, then such sim mustn't have whimreward negativeemotin immunity traits.

You missed Asleep. I got them mostly with animal hats and lamps. Peeing on simself.
  • Options

Airing networks achievement...
    TV: action, comedy, cooking, fireplace, kids, sports, romance, news, music. Also used channel surf.
    Radio: Appreciate classical, the blues, alternative, oh, it kicked in!

radio.jpg

I actually used "listen to" on my parties, but never alternative, apparently. :)

Channel surfer is working all right. Also editing the first post.

chsurf.jpg
    [/quote]

You forgot the alien channel you need the satellite dish you get from scientist career.
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    edited July 2018
    So is the OP ever gonna be updated or...?

Gonna try the 10 households 10 generation one now..

Are you allowed to move out?
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,463 Member
    garapoes wrote: »
    So is the OP ever gonna be updated or...?

Gonna try the 10 households 10 generation one now..

Are you allowed to move out?
    Well as seeing this thread is year olds, OP might not even be active on the forums to update, shouldn’t necropost, it is against forum rules.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top