Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Achievements? Achievements!

Comments

• Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    I have noticed that they dont list every single thing that is fixed in patch notes. Not sure why. People will keep complaining about stuff being broke because they dont know it was already fixed. Whining without a purpose is so anoying lol! I believe that the glitch in grafting was fixed but never mentioned so what else is as well? Are they afraid that if they list all the details people wont read it? They should at least consider attaching a link with the complete list of fixes.
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    > @sooozeeebeee said:

> Pretty sure unless you click "start new game" on the main menu it's not a new game. That's just my opinion though. I dont know what cheats may or may not affect the challenges. I have one game that I am keeping cheat free. I have had to "repair" my game though and I'm hoping it didn't reset my achievements since I got the "you played 4 hours" notice...again.

Why did you have to repair your game? And why?
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Thank you for this thread, I wondered why I got a message when I played for 5 hours. Although I've played over 25 I'm total and I didn't get an achievement for that.
  • Options
    C3llyC3lly Posts: 31 Member
    I've noticed that these 3 achievements only counts the live mode hours, if you spend time on CAS or building something will not count :\
    tumblr_okxq78zbnr1v5rze9o1_1280.gif

"All human wisdom is contained in these two words -- wait and hope".
    A l e x a n d r e D u m a s
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member
    C3lly wrote: »
    I've noticed that these 3 achievements only counts the live mode hours, if you spend time on CAS or building something will not count :\

Now I understand, thank you for your help. Silly me.
  • Options
    C3llyC3lly Posts: 31 Member
    > @Clarkie100 said:
    > C3lly wrote: »
    >
    > I've noticed that these 3 achievements only counts the live mode hours, if you spend time on CAS or building something will not count :\
    >
    > Now I understand, thank you for your help. Silly me.

You're welcome :)
    tumblr_okxq78zbnr1v5rze9o1_1280.gif

"All human wisdom is contained in these two words -- wait and hope".
    A l e x a n d r e D u m a s
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    garapoes wrote: »
    > @sooozeeebeee said:<br />
    <br />
    > Pretty sure unless you click "start new game" on the main menu it's not a new game. That's just my opinion though. I dont know what cheats may or may not affect the challenges. I have one game that I am keeping cheat free. I have had to "repair" my game though and I'm hoping it didn't reset my achievements since I got the "you played 4 hours" notice...again.<br />
    <br />
    Why did you have to repair your game? And why?

I actually dont remember why I did it. Sorry. I need to learn more about that feature and what exactly it does and does not do. Sounds like a good question for a tech forum, though I will probably do a search first.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Sadly devs seem not to care about achievements at all, I've brought them up in devs chatty thread twice and reported bugged ones on EA answers HQ.

Keep in mind that Sims 4 achievements are (currently) not Origin achievements so you can't show them to your friends. Guess why am I currently playing Dragon Age 3 like crazy.
  • Options
    > @JoxerTM22 said:
    > Actually, just checked modthesims - modders made two new party types. Honestly am not sure if those mods can help us who don't have deluxe edition with these two achievements, but after I'm done with all other achievements, I'll try that.

Did you try this out yet?
  • Options
    Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member
    Achievements are locked to individuals save games from what I've observed.
  • Options
    Did you try this out yet?
    No sorry.
    I'm playing Dragon Age Inquisition currently and not returning to Sims till they patch it properly (which includes broken achievements).

• Options
    When I started my game after the December update,
    I got this one > Event Horizon
    - Earn a Silver rating on every social event

But I didn't got this one > The Main Event
    - Earn a Gold rating on every social event

It says 5/8, I don't have the black and white party and the other one, so we have a new (christmas?) party? But I don't understand why I got the silver one xD
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Maybe it also counts the date as a social event (although I still count that as 7 different types, with the black-and-white bash and the incognito party).
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Dates are social events, yes.
    Remember that these two achievements in the release version were de facto pay2win achievements, you couldn't get them without deluxe edition.

Dunno what they changed with the recent update. Since they still didn't make achievements per Origin user and not savegame (if they did, it's not listed in changelog), I didn't even bother to start Sims 4 past few days and god knows when or if I'll ever return to it.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    ‘Til Death Do Us Part - 100, hints: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12751528/#Comment_12751528
    - Have a Sim die at their own wedding. (but before exchanging wows!)
    -
    Vengeful Deity - 25, fast strategy: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12728021/#Comment_12728021
    - Kill off 10 of your Sims via unnatural causes.

Unfortunate how often necro happens but...
    Just need to comment about this...

Huehuehueh
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    When I started my game after the December update,<br />
    I got this one > Event Horizon<br />
    - Earn a Silver rating on every social event<br />
    <br />
    But I didn't got this one > The Main Event<br />
    - Earn a Gold rating on every social event<br />
    <br />
    It says 5/8, I don't have the black and white party and the other one, so we have a new (christmas?) party? But I don't understand why I got the silver one xD

I got the Event Horizon too, and there are several party types I haven't even held (haven't done a House Party for example). I need to build my Sims their party house now that they're both at the top of their careers and have lots of time off, but I may wait till their last kid moves out of the house so I can only have one bedroom. Bottom floor will be all the items for partying, top floor will have the study/art studio/den/workout room but I'm going to try and have all that behind a door I can remove before the party so no one can get up there so everyone has to stay downstairs. B)

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I get it now, if you finish all free to play party's (5, wedding, house, date, food en birthday), you'll get the trophy. So that's good thing!
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I can't seem to get the "Ghostly" achievement. I've got the have "8" ghosts in a household already. Had Sims die on my house and move in to.
  • Options
    LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
    What do we or our sims get for accomplishing each achievement??
  • Options
    duska3419duska3419 Posts: 180 Member
    How do I find out what Achievements I've gotten? I see the pop ups in the corner but I had no idea there was a list somewhere
  • Options
    Load the game then it's available in options. You can't see them outside of the game, don't ask me why, Sims 4 is one rare Origin exclusive that doesn't have achievements on Origin.
  • Options
    Marieke020Marieke020 Posts: 57 Member
    I got 3.655 achievement points. This includes all non-bugged goals and the new outdoor retreat achievements. I can confirm that 50x NPC woohoo is fixed. But killing NPC's still doesn't count for the Old Lace badge.
    Did anyone get the 400 babies achievement yet?
    My achievement savegame gets really laggy and I think I'm half way (what a shame there's no counter for the number of babies) and I would really like a confirmation if this badge isn't bugged.
  • Options
    Not me sorry, my game got broken while I was chasing that one. I did about 100 babies but then I couldn't save the game any more, it started to crash on save. :(
    Sadly, achievements are (still) savegame based otherwise I'd start a new game just for babies achievement.
  • Options
    > @JoxerTM22 said:
    > Not me sorry, my game got broken while I was chasing that one. I did about 100 babies but then I couldn't save the game any more, it started to crash on save.
    > Sadly, achievements are (still) savegame based otherwise I'd start a new game just for babies achievement.

I somehow like it that I can start achievements again in a new savegame .... (because I achieved most in the current one).
    But the 400 babies indeed gets frustrating because all got too laggy in the savegame with all achieved.
    I think it's inventory that bugs it. Like it did in Sims3 .. too much inventory is too much lag.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    > @JoxerTM22 said:
    > Not me sorry, my game got broken while I was chasing that one.

Did you try to rename the current game map (electronic arts/the sims4) p.e backup Sims4? The game will make a new map and you can transfer the savegame file to the new one (/saves - the savegames) and (/tray - this contains the families). The achievement points will transfer with it. I did and it worked fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top