Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Achievements? Achievements!

Comments

• JaNatJaNat Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi, JoxerTM22!
    It's very impressive you did so many achievements!
    I also have a goal to do them all. It's so bad thas some of them are bugged (old lace, woo-hoo with 50 npc)
    Thank you very much for info about hidden achievements! How did you find them I wonder to know? Where?
    What about 400 babies? It's very interesting let's try to do this))) Do we need to have 400 babies in town at the same time? Or just born 400 during all game (I can not give birth to triplets, probably while I'm trying, so it'll happen :# )
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Hi, thanks.

I've reported broken achievements on EA answers HQ, hopefully they'll fix them soon:
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Broken-and-quot-broken-quot-achievements/td-p/3693481/jump-to/first-unread-message

About hidden achievements - When I started doing achievements that weren't completed in normal gameplay, I wanted to see if someone has a strategy or something on completing those grindy ones. First site I checked was, of course, SimsVIP site. What a disappointment it was. No detail on achievements, just some PDF or something.
    Then I used google for it. And, found this twopages list:
    http://segmentnext.com/2014/09/08/the-sims-4-achievements-guide/
    That's where I've heard and learned for the first time the game contains hidden achievements! Of course, those *are* the most interesting ones, right? :D

And of course not even that list is complete. As you can see on the previous page Kal_T0rak discovered another hidden achievement by himself! We can only speculate if there are more of them in the game, plus it's possible the recent update added a few new ones.

For Baby Boom one forum member posted on my wall (click on my profile to see it) that he or she completed it! But... No pic, so... Dunno.
    I think we just need total of 400 babies during one (save)game, not at the same time, you can't have that at the same time, I mean... How would someone even organize that?! LOL
    And yes, the key is probably triplets guaranteed as it would make things happen fast, but so far I didn't manage to get triplets even once (not that I've tried much, I must admit).

The first post in the thread is re-edited and is now more decent and more informative. I think.
    Posts with hints will have to wait on edit but will also be cleaned.
  • KlrSimsKlrSims Posts: 185 Member
    So we just have to have had 400 babies during that saved game? If they grow up, it still counts towards the 400 baby count?
    It has to count. Otherwise we'd all have to keep aging off for this one which would be rediculous!
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    It has to count. Otherwise we'd all have to keep aging off for this one which would be rediculous!

awesome. so just keep having babies and eventually (even if they grow up) i'll hit 400 and get the achievement. is that right?
    Yes, to my knowledge that should do the trick.
    Now imagine if we found some ingame mechanics that'd guarantee triplets at least every second pregnancy. It's still more than 100 pregnancies to go through, but compared to 400 one by one... *sigh*
    edited October 2014
    News:
    SimsVIP revealed the table of all achievements including planned ones that didn't make into the game (inactive).
    http://simsvip.com/the-sims-4-achievements/

They noted just like me which ones are bugged and per their source Old Lace is not bugged?! Since when?
    Did anyone kill 10 NPC sims lately? Maybe it's fixed with the patch... Will try later. Or tomorrow. Or...

Will not add to the thread those two presumed bugged hidden achievements unless it's officially confirmed by devs they're definetly bugged and not scrapped during game design.
    - Horticulture Shock definetly doesn't appear because logically anyone who has For the Hoard! achievement should automatically have this one too. As you can see in the thread, I didn't receive it. Or the logic behind it is to have all types of one plant (normal, nice, ..., perfect). If that's the logic, there is no way I'd ever pursue this achievement because I want to play the game, not grind a whole month for this one trying to make my way though the horrible ingame inventory system.
    - For Can Reproduce I admit none of my sims has 10 children and I never even tried to have a sim with 10 babies thus can't claim anything. I'll try it one of these days, if it works I'll add it in the first post, if doesn't work won't add it unless devs confirm somewhere it was supposed to trigger.

First post edited:
    Added notes in brackets about achievements where description text feels misleading or is not clear about the requirement.
    @JoxerTM22
    Hi, so I was testing out the Aspirational achievement in a new save, and I used the cheat "Aspirations.complete_current_milestone" to complete every aspiration and it never unlocked for me. not sure if it's cause I used the cheat..or if it's broken. just fyi :)
    edited October 2014
    From ingame code:
    Enable Cheats? Doing so will disable certain Achievements and Aspirations. This cannot be un-done.
    No bug, sorry.
    edited October 2014
    > KlrSims said:
    > Hi, so I was testing out the Aspirational achievement in a new save, and I used the cheat "Aspirations.complete_current_milestone" to complete every aspiration and it never unlocked for me. not sure if it's cause I used the cheat..or if it's broken. just fyi :)
    >
    You must complete every aspiration of adult sim and every aspiration of child! Try. I did this and it's work.

> @JoxerTM22 said:
    > They noted just like me which ones are bugged and per their source Old Lace is not bugged?! Since when?
    Did anyone kill 10 NPC sims lately? Maybe it's fixed with the patch... Will try later. Or tomorrow. Or...
    >
    Kill one and watch at the progress indicator.

> @JoxerTM22 said:
    > For Can Reproduce I admit none of my sims has 10 children and I never even tried to have a sim with 10 babies thus can't claim anything. I'll try it one of these days, if it works I'll add it in the first post, if doesn't work won't add it unless devs confirm somewhere it was supposed to trigger.
    >
    I'll try. Any way I am doing 400 babies :s
    edited October 2014
    JaNat wrote: »
    per their source Old Lace is not bugged?! Since when?
    Kill one and watch at the progress indicator.

funny-anime-subtitles-failed-18.jpg

edited October 2014
    From ingame code:
    Enable Cheats? Doing so will disable certain Achievements and Aspirations. This cannot be un-done.
    No bug, sorry.

ok so if I do each aspiration in my cheat-free save, it'll work?
    Post edited by KlrSims on
    edited October 2014
    > KlrSims said:<br />
    > Hi, so I was testing out the Aspirational achievement in a new save, and I used the cheat "Aspirations.complete_current_milestone" to complete every aspiration and it never unlocked for me. not sure if it's cause I used the cheat..or if it's broken. just fyi :)<br />
    > <br />
    You must complete every aspiration of adult sim and every aspiration of child! Try. I did this and it's work.<br />

I'll give it a try!
    edited October 2014
    > KlrSims said:<br />
    > Hi, so I was testing out the Aspirational achievement in a new save, and I used the cheat "Aspirations.complete_current_milestone" to complete every aspiration and it never unlocked for me. not sure if it's cause I used the cheat..or if it's broken. just fyi :)<br />
    > <br />
    You must complete every aspiration of adult sim and every aspiration of child! Try. I did this and it's work.<br />
    <br />
    > @JoxerTM22 said:<br />
    > They noted just like me which ones are bugged and per their source Old Lace is not bugged?! Since when?<br />
    Did anyone kill 10 NPC sims lately? Maybe it's fixed with the patch... Will try later. Or tomorrow. Or...<br />
    > <br />
    Kill one and watch at the progress indicator.<br />
    <br />
    > @JoxerTM22 said:<br />
    > For Can Reproduce I admit none of my sims has 10 children and I never even tried to have a sim with 10 babies thus can't claim anything. I'll try it one of these days, if it works I'll add it in the first post, if doesn't work won't add it unless devs confirm somewhere it was supposed to trigger.<br />
    > <br />
    I'll try. Any way I am doing 400 babies :s

I tried using the cheat to complete all aspirations for the two adults in my household. the baby doesn't have any aspirations. didn't work :neutral_face:
    edited October 2014
    @JoxerTM22
    old lace is definitely still bugged. a NPC died of starvation on my home lot and still shows 0/10. hopefully they'll fix more bugs in the next update
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'm working so hard to get the "Triple Play" achievement but no luck so far... :(
    > @KlrSims said:
    > JaNat wrote: »
    > I tried using the cheat to complete all aspirations for the two adults in my household. the baby doesn't have any aspirations. didn't work :neutral_face:
    No baby! Child! Next age after baby!

> @gothprincess4ever said:
    > I'm working so hard to get the "Triple Play" achievement but no luck so far... :(
    Same as me(((
    > @KlrSims said:<br />
    > JaNat wrote: »<br />
    > I tried using the cheat to complete all aspirations for the two adults in my household. the baby doesn't have any aspirations. didn't work :neutral_face:<br />
    No baby! Child! Next age after baby!<br />
    <br />
    > @gothprincess4ever said:<br />
    > I'm working so hard to get the "Triple Play" achievement but no luck so far... :(<br />
    Same as me(((

I have no child. should I age the baby up?
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    The achievements for how long played have not unlocked played over 60hrs!
    edited October 2014
    KlrSims wrote: »
    Yes you should. Or adopt a child, you'll do a good thing.
    knazzer wrote: »
    The achievements for how long played have not unlocked played over 60hrs!
    You mean those three new ones?
    Check them in the game, they should say x/5, x/25, x/100... What number x is there?
    I have "problems" with the last one, seems to me it doesn't count time if your game crashes instead of you exiting normally.
    edited October 2014
    LOL!
    KlrSims wrote: »
    Yes you should. Or adopt a child, you'll do a good thing.

• LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    Hi,

I looked at the first post to see the updates but did not look through all 7 pages....

Are the "knack of all trades", "ghostly", and "smooth talker" glitched?

How can your Sim complete 71 careers when they aren't allowed to choose alternate paths once they've completed one? My Sim completed the mixologist path and does not have the option to go back and do the chef side of the culinary career.

Ghostly - I've completed everything ghostly, got credit for having 8 ghosts, etc. Ergo, I have ghosts in my household yet did not get the ghostly (have 1 ghost) achievement. What's the trick?

Smooth talker - my Sim has maxed out all skills and never got this one. Should I cheat her back down a level and see if I work her back up if it triggers?

Thanks!
    edited October 2014
    I've marked broken achievements in the first post, can't guarantee the last update didn't mess some.

Who told you one sim should complete 71 careers? There is no such requirement nor such achievement.

Ghostly... The logic is there, but I believe you have to add the ghost to a household only through chatty option. Because if it wasn't like that, all you need is to download a gallery ghost and move it in a house, right? ;)

ST... You have a sim who got to charisma level 10 by chatty, books and "performances" in front of the mirror? And you didn't get that achievement? If that's so, then it's definetly a bug. It worked before the recent update because I got it.
  • LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited October 2014
    I did just use the mirror to get the charisma, it didn't count. So, I cheated her back down to level 9 (hoping it would be like the fishing bug where you can't catch three fish if you are level 10). Then I sent her all over town doing charisma interactions with every Sim she met. She leveled up again and got it! So yeah, at least in my game you can't get level 10 with just the mirror and get that achievement.

I'm scared!! My Sim just got the beloved trait. Somehow, I thought it was a trait you gave them in CAS. Is my game going to break now? She just finished all the skills, has all the collections, is about to complete her 4th career and is almost done with the aspirations (the ones I plan on completing, see my comment below about killing Sims).

I did a save as when I realized she had gotten that trait so my old game would remain intact without that trait. What happens when a game breaks because of this Beloved trait?

Shoot....yes, I did just add the ghosts from the gallery because I don't like killing Sims. I guess this is just one I won't be completing then (this and any that involves killing them).

The careers, nobody told me. I looked at the achievements lists and it lists 71 careers so it confused me. It also confuses me because it says I've completed 7. Hmm...no....she's almost finished 4 (or does it somehow count both branches?).

Here is the screen of the careers thing:

TS42014-10-1314-44-54-53_zps5a383266.png
    Hopefully the game won't break because of Beloved trait. LOL
    I can't understand why they didn't fix that trait yet.

That career achievement display, 7/71, is messed up.
    There are no 71 careers in Sims 4 but 8.
    Just max one branch in each.

Sims 4? Riiiight.
    It's Bugs 4.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top