Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gather Ye Rosebuds - a Neighborhood Rotation Blog

Comments

• Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    Ba ha ha! That was great!

I would not in a million years (Sim years) put those two together but, dang, they're a great couple.

Is it just me or did the way he carries himself change after their romance clicked. To me he kinda looks more .... something ... in the "after" pictures.
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I'm watching your video now. You are such a good builder! I think I'm going to have to download this house! Currently my SimSelf who's my age (not the young pianist who's touring all the hot art spots) and my bf's SimSelf live in our little SimHouse in Oasis Springs (which is fun, because it is SO our house, even with the garden in back), but I think maybe if we strike it rich (do chess-playing Sims strike it rich?) then we will want to move here! I love the island with a stove! I really love the formal livingroom (it would be a great music room with a piano and violins!), and I absolutely fell in love with the living room! The flow of the layout is so great, moving from the diningroom into the living room makes me feel so relaxed and at home! Pull out a book, head for the couch, sip some tea, glance out those windows! Wow!

Oh, the gnomes! How fun!

I love how you talk about Sims getting "fresh air" when they're outside!

So fun! You're inspiring me to try a Let's Play some time--you just make it look so fun!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    They are an odd, but very sweet couple. And their house is beautiful.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    DeeWrayngedDeeWraynged Posts: 102 Member
    I finally caught up in the chapters. I was so happy to find out who Nina would end up with and you know what, I think Steve was just perfect! I think they look super cute together <3

And the video looks wonderful! I might consider downloading it for my 4th gen. She needs to have a really big family so I love how much space and light there is in that house. My only concern would be that there are only two kid bedrooms, but I could always see about adding an extra bed in each room. Anyway, thanks for sharing ^^
  • Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    Is it just me or did the way he carries himself change after their romance clicked. To me he kinda looks more .... something ... in the "after" pictures.
    @Bilmonaghan Aww, I thought so too! He's so smiley!!! I'm really liking Steve Fogel the more I play him. His face is just a big Teddy Bear. He has those puppy dog eyes for realz!! Lol.

@CathyTea Thank you for your sweet comments about my video! <3 I'm glad you liked the house! I would totally love to live there, too, hehe. and you just HAVE to do a video too. If you made a Let's Play I know I'd watch it!!!! :smiley:

@Candace92 Thank you! They do seem odd, but now they've really grown on me.

@DeeWraynged Awesome! I hope you give the house a try. If it's too small, maybe you'd like to check out my Verity Victorian. The upstairs has three bedrooms for children, but they are quite large and each could easily fit two beds each! I plan on doing another showcase video for this build. I hope you can watch it then and decide! :D

Anyway, I do have another chapter update to wrap up Steve and Nina's story up to this point: Chapter 37 - Steve and Nina - baby time of course!
  • Options
    Steve is so happy now! It's super fun to see that big smile! Awww.... it looks like PV is still really into Nina, but he's so good-natured that he's not going to make a big deal of it.

Oh, I love the line about working for fun! Oh, that's priceless!

Zoe is so gorgeous! And Jamie Jolina is too cool!

Ohmigosh! Zachary is so beautiful as a baby... and what cute child! A beautiful child, actually. Who would have guessed? Yay! The freezer bunny t-shirt! (It's my fav, and I really, really want one!) Oh, boy! He's going to stir up trouble!

That was a lovely, fun, and very funny chapter! Thanks for writing it and sharing it with us!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    DeeWrayngedDeeWraynged Posts: 102 Member
    @DeeWraynged Awesome! I hope you give the house a try. If it's too small, maybe you'd like to check out my Verity Victorian. The upstairs has three bedrooms for children, but they are quite large and each could easily fit two beds each! I plan on doing another showcase video for this build. I hope you can watch it then and decide! :D
    Omg, I love the house! It looks perfect, especially for the storyline I was considering (I have to justify my 4th gen heir being able to live in a house so grande considering 2nd Gen isn't leaving much simoolah for 3rd Gen heir who is not so much concerned with building his fortune as he is his looks lol). I'm going to mull the idea over. The building is lovely, but your showcase video has made me reallllyyy want to give building a serious shot myself ... I know I'm going to be really bad at it but I'm going to try...

...I'll be sure to credit when I end up using your house in 4th Gen though, lol, keep an eye for it ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Chapter update -- Alissa ages up to teen, and Kristian and Babs... well, you just gotta find out!

Thanks for reading. I appreciate all the comments <3
  • Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Fun (at someone else's expense, oops - bad me!) update! I love the floating ring pic. ;D
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    Just a sneak peek of my upcoming chapter... I built a new home for Babs L'Amour and her daughter Alissa. Kristian Fry is still tagging along, despite his bad luck at proposing, lol.

This build took me two whole days. Can't wait to show you! It's up on the Gallery if you want an early look. I'm thinking of doing a video to showcase it.
    TS42014-12-1922-29-38-49_zps205ce89f.jpg
    <3
  • Options
    Gorgeous! I hope you do a Let's Play of it! I love your Let's Plays!

• Options
    edited December 2014
    'Ello! I just finished recording a video to showcase my Modern Mesquite build. It literally just finished processing.

http://youtu.be/HAoJJlLQKKg

The video is about 13 minutes long (grrr. I'm trying to keep it around 5-10 minutes, but this house is HUGE and it took a while to get through it room by room haha!) I had a lot of fun building it, and I hope you like it. It's available on the Gallery.

I built the house for Babs L'Amour and her daughter Alissa, and Kristian Fry, Babs' boyfriend - that pyro!! (you'll see lol).
    They will be the stars of my upcoming chapter. Thanks for reading and watching. :)<3

The Gallery Link to the build is located here!

Or, if you'd like to view a slideshow of pictures, click here.

<3Check out more of my builds here! <3
    Post edited by RachelRosebud on
  • Options
    <3Chapter 39 has been posted. <3

This one features Babs L'Amour, Kristian Fry, and Alissa L'Amour.

Happy Holidays. :)
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Hi....I read your whole blog tonight. I am caught up. And I loved every second of it. You're so great at building. I love it all! Definitely inspiring. Great job! Can't wait to see what happens next.
  • Options
    @aroseinbloom Thank you! All your many blog comments were a pleasure to read. Some time ago, I downloaded your wedding lot that you created and uploaded to the Gallery. I LOVE IT! I used it for Kristian and Babs' wedding and took a ton of pictures. It's the theme of this next chapter update!

<3Chapter 40 - Wedding <3

(Also, Scarlet Firecracker is currently "away" in aroseinbloom's Social Experiment. I haven't had much time to play, and I wanted to make a "prequel" story to show what happened before Scarlet left to go to this desert retreat, so right now Scarlet is still showing up in my game. I'm trying to give aroseinbloom plenty of time to play with Scarlet, so really I'll be taking my time playing my other rotation families, too. Eventually, Scarlet will come home, but I'm sure that won't be for a long time. I have two big classes this Spring for my grad studies, lol. I can't Sim as much as I have :(

Thanks for reading!
  • Options
    Wonderful chapter, RachelRosebud! I loved seeing all your Sims, and the best part was that your affection for each of them shone through every word.

@aroseinbloom Lovely lot! It's gorgeous and looks really playable!

Where was Sarah? Alissa was amazing, and I adore Kristian!

Maybe Don can't stand it when his exes hook up with someone else. Though he's noncommittal, I think he wants everyone he's been with to be committed to him!

I guess that Nina's conversation with Dina made an impression, since she not only showed up but was the first guest!

Scarlet is so great! She always looks so observant, so intelligent!

• Options
    That was so fun. What is WITH those sims that stand right in the photo and scowl during these precious moments? haha - I get them too!

The invisible cake reminded me of the invisible selfie that CathyTea and Elder took during Plum Day. Seemed more meaningful without the actual prop there. :)

• Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Awwww!!!! I love it. Such a beautiful wedding! I've only had one wedding there since I made it. Hopefully this next generation will have a lot of weddings (four maybe?).

I have never had my Sims smash the cake in each other's faces. So cute. Even with an invisible cake.

I loved this happy chapter. Thanks for sharing my design. I admire your work so much...I'm glad you are enjoying mine.
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    My latest sim couple just had an invisible cake slice, too!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    <3Chapter 41 posted!<3
    TS42015-01-1812-24-42-49_zpsce84e6f0.jpg
    Thanks for reading.

I'm hoping to do at least two updates a month. I know - doesn't sound like much, but I have to prioritize my graduate classes if I want to graduate this May, lol.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their Sims :)
  • Options
    Twice a month is really generous for a grad student who's working full-time! Especially during your busy season!

Sarah's face, when she's away from home, always cracks me up. In the first photo, she looks a little worried!

Ohmigosh! Your dragonfly photo is beautiful!

Lovely chapter! I really enjoyed the girl-power feel of it!

• Options
    Beetle face cracked me up! ;D Great update. Thanks for spoiling us even though you're super busy. <3
  • Options
    Update: Chapter 42 with the Fry/L'Amour family, and Jamie Jolina.

I'm really looking forward to the Get to Work expansion pack. Can't wait for it, almost as much as I can't wait to be done with school, lol! <3
    Thanks for reading :)

TS42015-01-3115-37-14-49_zps952bcaf5.jpg
  • Options
    Yay! How lovely to have an update from you!

What a great couple Babs and Kristian make!

Such beautiful Sims! All those girls! LOL!

Love the Jamie segment! That was such a fun chapter to read!

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Thank you CathyTea! I've posted another update: Chapter 43.

TS42015-01-3119-24-19-71_zps638c5296.jpg

These Sims are great stress relief from work and school, lol.