Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gather Ye Rosebuds - a Neighborhood Rotation Blog

Comments

• Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Oh, man! I love TS2 Sims! I just took one look at your screenshots and did a little "squee" inside! I'm heading into my game for a while, but I've got your pages up so I can read them when my gaming session is over. Thanks for sharing!

No problem :D Just looking at them has me teary-eyed. I especially loved my Greta Goth <3

I was thinking of maybe continuing their story in the Sims 4, but it's seriously so complicated! Lol

Thank you! You are too sweet! <3
  • Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Nice updates. :)
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @FloorRaisin - Hi! I've missed you and the Wolffs! Hope you're all peachy!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Hi! :) I've missed you all too. "Real Life" has been sapping away all my free time but it's clearing up a bit now. Hoping to get my game patched up this evening. We've not seen pools yet!
  • Options
    Pools are fun, but the end of squint-eye, square-jaw is even better! (Although it's thanks to that glitch that we have PV's wide grin!) Have fun with game play! I

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    No problem :D Just looking at them has me teary-eyed. I especially loved my Greta Goth <3

I was thinking of maybe continuing their story in the Sims 4, but it's seriously so complicated! Lol

Thank you! You are too sweet! <3

I really enjoyed reading through these! How fun! TS2 is just so very classic!

• Options
    Chapter 33 is up. Risky rockets and sisters. Lol, what a title.

Thanks for reading!
  • Options
    Such a fun chapter! Malcolm looks awesome in his cowboy hat--is he wearing eye-liner? It looks good! I love the dog collars! Those twins, wow! Did you see the way Don looked at them... ummmm... you don't have that mod, do you? If so, don't let Don know! And I think maybe Sarah might be my favorite Sim in your game! She is so beautiful and so very good! It's really fun to see your Sims grow up! (I can hardly wait to see what Alex looks like when he's a teen! In one of my games, he's a YA, but he aged up during the square-eye-squint-jaw epoch, so he looks a little neanderthal. It's ok, he acts a little neanderthal, too!)

• Options
    @CathyTea Yep, I gave Malcolm "man mascara" lol. I think he looks good, lol. Yah, the twins grew up to be really pretty. Rofl, no mods. Don is just smiling, nothing illegal! Lol. They have a lot of group conversations, so I was surprised how nice Don and Babs were talking, since they had a mean breakup so that Don and Scarlet could marry. Yes, I love Sarah too. Can't wait to age up Alissa next. And yes, Alexander and Cassandra are definitely coming up too with birthdays. :D Thanks for reading!
  • Options
    Don has that little look where he raises his eyebrows and kinda looks out under his eyelashes that always looks illegal to me! He used to look like that at my SimSelf when she was a teen, and it freaked me out!

That's great that he and Babs were getting along. I think that actually Don is a really good guy. He's just got a bad reputation.

• Options
    Chapter 34 update... Domesticating Don, lol. And, yep, that's a baby bump.
    DomesticatingDon_zpsfcb11fda.jpg

Thanks for reading. <3
  • Options
    Silvereyes83Silvereyes83 Posts: 253 Member
    @RachelRosebud great chapter. that new lounge looks great. Are you considering sharing it on the gallery? Can't wait to see who's up next in the rotation.
  • Options
    @Silvereyes83 Thanks! Yes, it's already shared on the Gallery. I still have to make a slideshow for it though. I like to officially introduce it with a ton of pictures on my blog, and I playtest it, too, lol. My originID is GirlzillaGC, and the Kissing Llamas nightclub is under there <3 All my uploads are NoCC. Thank you again! <3
  • Options
    Maria is so cute as a baby and gorgeous as a child! And Don is such a great dad! Love the Kissing Llamas nightclub!

• Options
    Great updates! Cute teens! And I love Maria's nose. :) Kudos for making Don seem tolerable 'cause I usually want to dropkick him whenever I see his face. ;D

.. I suppose I should be thanking Babs and Scarlet for that, too. Hee.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I love your story, it was one of the first stories I read for ts4, before I even got it. So...I'm so glad you're updating again. I look forward to all the shenanigans this next generation is gonna bring.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Hi everyone! <3 I’m so excited to have something a bit different for you. I’ve made a short (about 5 minutes) video! It showcases the nightclub I recently built in my game: the Kissing Llamas nightclub. I gave a little “sneak peek” picture of it in my last blog post, and there is a slideshow available on my blog under the Lots page… but pictures can only show so much, and I thought, hey why not a video! I confess I had so much fun watching @RobinsonFam Let’s Play, I was really tempted to try out video-making, too. I’ve never done it before. Have like zero editing skills, so hopefully this is fun to watch, lol. Please let me know what you think. Is the sound level OK? I haven’t had a chance to formally post the video on my blog. I’m sending it out early on the forums. Thank you as always. Love you all! <3 Also thank you to @Silvereyes83 @CathyTea @FloorRaisin @candace92 for all your kind words! I really appreciate you taking the time. Have fun Simming!

So without further ado, here is the video link!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtW9kE4JSyo

(Check it out in HD 1080p!)
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    The video was perfect :p sound was fine, and it was actually interesting to watch and listen. It's a beautiful build for sure.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    I sure wish I had your patience and creatively. Lovely work @RachelRosebud :)
  • Options
    @Candace92 @YazFoxxy Thank you both so much. <3 I was really nervous how the video would come out, lol.

Watching it now, I realized I forgot to show the bathrooms. They're on two levels so Sims don't have to trek all the way down to the ground level. And I forgot I also wanted to show the lot at night, lol. The slideshow has night time pics though. See here:
    http://www.slideshare.net/mobile/RachelRosebud/the-kissing-llamas-nightclub
  • Options
    DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    @RachelRosebud This is awesome!
    I really enjoyed the video and how you share your process and what inspired you in building it.

I also love the 1st floor windows and how they compliment the colors of the 2nd floor pool.
    And the pool behind the bar where you can see them swim is awesome!
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • Options
    EEee! You're adorable. :D Beautiful build, too!
  • Options
    Your voice is so cute and delightful and full of fun! Somehow, I imagined your voice would be... I don't know, like Scarlett's and with a bit of an edge of cynicism, or something--but it is so perfect and sweet and fun and funny! Hey, wanna hang out and have a cup of coffee with all our friends here and chat about our Sims? LOL

Is that Bob Pancakes as the mixologist?

I downloaded the Kissing Llamas the other night when I was grabbing Verity Victorian for a new game I'm preparing, but I haven't played the lot yet. It looks super, and your walk-through answered a lot of questions I had about it!

I'm excited to bring all my Sims there. Thanks for the vid! And thanks for sharing your creativity and talents!

• Options
    edited December 2014
    @robinsonfam @FloorRaisin @CathyTea Awww, thank you guys, lol! I’m glad you enjoyed it. I’m really excited about making more videos, lol. It was really fun. I want to do it again. And most of all, I really hope people have fun playing the lots in their own neighborhoods. And changing it to fit their own needs! I can see the lot being converted to a wedding venue if need be.

And, yes, that was Bob Pancakes at the bar, lol. I haven’t rotated to the Pancake family yet. Mainly, I just don’t want to lose Bob. I love his character. I want him to be the immortal mixologist for now, lol. (Edit: Whoops, I was wrong that is not Bob Pancakes. I rewatched it and realized it's not, lol. It totally should be though. Bob 4ever <3)

I’m currently building a residential home for Nina Caliente and her Bachelor winner (to be announced lol). I’m calling it “Science is Fun” house, lol. I think that will be my next video. But I have to get caught up with the blog, too. Gah, so much to do!
    Post edited by RachelRosebud on
  • Options
    Ok... "science is fun..." That's a teaser as to who the winner is, and I'm making my guess! By the way, looks like your Sims have been working out for the video! The party-going bellies seem to have disappeared!