Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wild Plants?

I have sent my Sim to the park and two other locations where wild plants are growing on numerous occasions but there is never anything to harvest. The message when I hover over the plants tells me to come back later, which I have, but nada?! Is anyone else having this problem? My Sim is a level 6 gardener but she cannot find anything to harvest in the wild?
My Origin ID is DippyDesigns

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

644362_1491605541100631_1472781576571833276_n.jpg?oh=c0019c8ce2de98a0158c1aba60509bc8&oe=57C1A708

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Yes, it takes awhile sometimes. Opt to view the plants and keep coming back every couple of days. Eventually, they do grow.
  • Options
    DippyDesignsDippyDesigns Posts: 1,809 Member
    Thanks, it is good to know that it is possible, I will keep trying and post again if I am successful.

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

644362_1491605541100631_1472781576571833276_n.jpg?oh=c0019c8ce2de98a0158c1aba60509bc8&oe=57C1A708

• Options
    VonSimsVonSims Posts: 186 Member
    Also try searching the public space around your lot. There might be some harvestable wild flowers along the jogging paths.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    This is not true, they don't eventually grow unless you're on the spot.
    You have to be on the location and spend the time there doing nothing. It's probably a bug or deliberate feature when they add fairy house so you can at least sleep.

At least that's how both secret areas work in my game. Nothing moved for couple of weeks in them till I started to just stand there.
    It's so "fun" I can't even explain it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I will try your method next Joxer as I am having no luck with revisiting the places where the plants are growing.

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

• Options
    moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    They DO eventually grow once you've first visited the lot to "activate" them. Also, once you have a high enough gardening skill level, you can take a cutting from a mature plant and graft it to one of the plants already in your garden.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    You have to be on the location and spend the time there doing nothing. It's probably a bug or deliberate feature when they add fairy house so you can at least sleep.

At least that's how both secret areas work in my game. Nothing moved for couple of weeks in them till I started to just stand there.

so you mean that when you send your sim out to jog there, it's best to let them do some push ups, or other forms of work out around the area, maybe place a bench and let them read or have your kid do their homework while waiting :-)
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member

That's how it worked for the tulip and lemon trees near the Landgraab house as well. I had to send my sim over there everyday she had off of work just to hang out until they bloomed.
  • Options
    I tried many times but never managed to harvest the wild plants I was after. My Sim eventually gained the skill enough to graft plants and that is the only way I managed to get them?

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

• Options

It didn't work that way for me. I went to the Glade and viewed the cherry plants, immediately left and came back 3 days later. They were grown enough to take cuttings then.

It also happened with a lemon plant that had died in an Oasis neighborhood. It was dead when I left and when I came back a week or so later, there was a live plant in it's place. Since my Sims are in Willow Creek, they hadn't spent any time in Oasis in between the first and second visit.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    green it's possible it worked that way when the game was released, but it's also possible that those two (or were there three?) game updates broke it.
    some bugs were fixed with those updates but some new emerged.
  • Options
    Twinkle_StarTwinkle_Star Posts: 19 Member
    I have a problem with the Lemon tree in Oasis. I took a cutting from the tree as i was fed up waiting for it to bloom. Soon as i did the tree died, and the only option i have now is to throw it away. Does it eventually grow back or something grows in its place? Im level 10 gardener.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited November 2015
    I have a problem with the Lemon tree in Oasis. I took a cutting from the tree as i was fed up waiting for it to bloom. Soon as i did the tree died, and the only option i have now is to throw it away. Does it eventually grow back or something grows in its place? Im level 10 gardener.

Hello @Twinkle_Star. If you throw away the tree, another one will eventually grow back there.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    The plants and gardening along with cooking with fresh produce they grow has kept me from not abandoning the game all together. I really love the whole gardening aspect TS4 has. Grafting plants with others and trying new combos has keep the game interesting for me. Unfortunately though I wanted to buy & play 'The Sims 4' -not- 'Grow a Garden with The Sims in the 4th Game of the Series'
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    edited August 2018
    @mommaleeblee6977 This thread is three years old. Necroposting is against the forum rules. You might have to look for a more recent relevant thread, as there have been updates and the seasons expansion since then that influence the wild plants.

Edit: I just saw that "popping into revived threads to educate others on the Necroposting rule" is also a "don't", my bad!
    Post edited by dopaminedroid on
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    @mommaleeblee6977 This thread is three years old. Necroposting is against the forum rules. You might have to look for a more recent relevant thread, as there have been updates and the seasons expansion since then that influence the wild plants.

Edit: I just saw that "popping into revived threads to educate others on the Necroposting rule" is also a "don't", my bad!

New members have to wait until they reach a certain level before they can post new topics -- sometimes "necroposting" might be the only way to get a question answered. Also, things have changed a bit with the gardening overhaul plus Seasons (for those who have the EP) so new information can be helpful.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    I went to oasis spring park, viewed all the plants there then waited a few days, when I went back the Lemon Tree was ready to take a cutting from. Some of the others, like the BlackBerry Bush were not ready yet. I have a vanilla game with the most recent update.

Please don't revive 4 years old threads.
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    As has been pointed out, please do not hop in and comment on necroposting. Leave that to us moderators. As most of the posts since this thread's resurrection have been focused on the issue of necroposting rather than continuing the conversation, however, it is being closed.

Take some time and read over the Necroposting thread from EA_Lanna.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top