Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Cozy Starter Cottage

jegoodejegoode Posts: 267 Member
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath :-D

Origin ID is MJSimKat_14

10687396_390220607792323_1785838902203233685_o.jpg

10636916_390220614458989_8406669116901402490_o.jpg

10604546_390220581125659_938339960146391182_o.jpg

10683619_390220597792324_5519483748688516638_o.jpg

10511475_390220574458993_5921353195943999877_o.jpg

10697216_390220624458988_8405403411693321423_o.jpg

10683584_390220631125654_2492726319863633504_o.jpg

10549150_390220637792320_3334378627613297604_o.jpg

10687467_390220651125652_6349491092656848628_o.jpg

10682232_390220667792317_4240804320188701454_o.jpg

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/user/MJSimKat
"Just Exquisitely Goode"

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Cozy Starter Cottage is very nice! :) The exterior is very nice! The roofing looks great! The flower box windowed dormers are very nice! Very nice front porch! It looks very nice how you have used the spandrels! The flower boxes on the front windows look nice. The lights on the front of the home would look especially pretty at night time when sims are coming home. The awnings and side porch and steps are a very nice part of the home. The flowers beside the steps are very pretty for sims to see which coming outdoors. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior. The butterflies pattern on the bedhead wall and the butterfly photo frame on the dresser are very nice for sims to see when getting up in the mornings. Very nice kitchen and dining area! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets there. The basket of eggs on the dining table and plates on the wall are nice homely touches. The yellow flowers picture on the wall is a nice sunny sight for sims to see when eating there. Nice shade of green that you have used for the walls through the home.
    It is a very nice starter home! :)
  • Options
    KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    Super adorable! I love a little Cape Cod home. :)
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    @jegoode - I like it. Cute, cozy and you did something I haven't really seen anyone else do yet and that is go pretty minimalist on the side door, but that's a great thing because if you had put a deck on it or loaded it up with furniture, it would draw away from the cuteness of the home. That side doorway, being the way it is, gives the house a lot of character in my opinion. It's my favorite feature.
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    chrissie11778chrissie11778 Posts: 223 Member
    This is very cute, wonderful job on the roof.
    cc4simscomindugledv.jpg
  • Options
    TheMatteo0TheMatteo0 Posts: 509 Member
    I love your starter cottage, it looks very quaint and cute, I love the way you have put the flower pots under the windows, and the lovely flowers you have decorated around the house, it looks beautiful :)
  • Options
    Simsgeek201Simsgeek201 Posts: 47 Member
    I'm loving you're cosy cottage. :)
    f79d3db7-df1c-48f2-b756-9e62f40c9ec4_zpse4c7881b.png
  • Options
    Ash072 wrote: »
    @jegoode - I like it. Cute, cozy and you did something I haven't really seen anyone else do yet and that is go pretty minimalist on the side door, but that's a great thing because if you had put a deck on it or loaded it up with furniture, it would draw away from the cuteness of the home. That side doorway, being the way it is, gives the house a lot of character in my opinion. It's my favorite feature.

I really appreciate your comment and thank you for noticing the side door :-D. That side door is actually pretty common on houses Long Island, NY. At least it was in my late grandmother's neighborhood. Because the lot is so small, you really didn't need a whole lot of space or a huge deck to exit the house (other than the front door). :-D
    "Just Exquisitely Goode"
  • Options
    TheMatteo0 wrote: »
    I love your starter cottage, it looks very quaint and cute, I love the way you have put the flower pots under the windows, and the lovely flowers you have decorated around the house, it looks beautiful :)

I'm happy that I only put flowers on the front of the house because otherwise it would've been too much! I'm really glad this feature has been added to the the Sims 4! I hope they'll include more different variations of flower pots in the near future.

:-)
    "Just Exquisitely Goode"
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    rosemow wrote: »
    Cozy Starter Cottage is very nice! :) The exterior is very nice! The roofing looks great! The flower box windowed dormers are very nice! Very nice front porch! It looks very nice how you have used the spandrels! The flower boxes on the front windows look nice. The lights on the front of the home would look especially pretty at night time when sims are coming home. The awnings and side porch and steps are a very nice part of the home. The flowers beside the steps are very pretty for sims to see which coming outdoors. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior. The butterflies pattern on the bedhead wall and the butterfly photo frame on the dresser are very nice for sims to see when getting up in the mornings. Very nice kitchen and dining area! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets there. The basket of eggs on the dining table and plates on the wall are nice homely touches. The yellow flowers picture on the wall is a nice sunny sight for sims to see when eating there. Nice shade of green that you have used for the walls through the home.
    It is a very nice starter home! :)
    KaylyRed wrote: »
    Super adorable! I love a little Cape Cod home. :)
    This is very cute, wonderful job on the roof.
    TheMatteo0 wrote: »
    I'm loving you're cosy cottage. :)

Thank you all for your kind comments! I am still a newbie when it comes to building homes. I was not totally in love with building in the Sims 3. The Sims 4 has sparked my interest because of how easy it is to make beautiful lots. I can't wait to see what else I can come up with! So little comments like these can go a long way for a newbie like myself :-) So thank you!

"Just Exquisitely Goode"
  • Options
    DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    Amazing! I really like it, especially the side entrance and the porch. I love small builds and this one looks just so good. Maybe one tip: you can put a ceiling in between the porch and the roof to have it 'closed' with the added plus to add a trim....
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    Really really pretty!
  • Options
    MatthiaMatthia Posts: 107 Member
    Very nice starter home. :) I love the porch you've made! I also like the style you've made inside. :) Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Love it.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    skyeuk05skyeuk05 Posts: 122 Member
    Cozy Starter Cottage is so cute, great job :)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Finally someone made one of my favorite styles
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    What a cute starter! I like the soft green you have used for both the interiors and the exterior. Good job! :)
  • Options
    Amazing! I really like it, especially the side entrance and the porch. I love small builds and this one looks just so good. Maybe one tip: you can put a ceiling in between the porch and the roof to have it 'closed' with the added plus to add a trim....

That was the only part I struggled with! I couldn't figure out how to add it in :-\ it was almost like because it's not a room, the ceiling tiles disappeared. I'll have to play around with it more so I'll know next time how to fix it.
    "Just Exquisitely Goode"
  • Options
    AnnabelleAnnabelle Posts: 248 Member
    So cute! I love how the colours all flow with one another. You've got a good eye for design :#
  • Options
    22calprincess22calprincess Posts: 103 Member
    > @jegoode said:
    > Ash072 wrote: »
    >
    > jegoode - I like it. Cute, cozy and you did something I haven't really seen anyone else do yet and that is go pretty minimalist on the side door, but that's a great thing because if you had put a deck on it or loaded it up with furniture, it would draw away from the cuteness of the home. That side doorway, being the way it is, gives the house a lot of character in my opinion. It's my favorite feature.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I really appreciate your comment and thank you for noticing the side door :-D. That side door is actually pretty common on houses Long Island, NY. At least it was in my late grandmother's neighborhood. Because the lot is so small, you really didn't need a whole lot of space or a huge deck to exit the house (other than the front door). :-D

The first thing I thought seeing the side door was the block I grew up on in LI. The cottage looked so familiar it almost brought a tear to my eye as I have been feeling a bit homesick lately. I love this. I am starting to get comfortable with the new build mode and love finding inspirations like this. Keep posting your work!
  • Options
    > @jegoode said:<br />
    > Ash072 wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > jegoode - I like it. Cute, cozy and you did something I haven't really seen anyone else do yet and that is go pretty minimalist on the side door, but that's a great thing because if you had put a deck on it or loaded it up with furniture, it would draw away from the cuteness of the home. That side doorway, being the way it is, gives the house a lot of character in my opinion. It's my favorite feature.<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > I really appreciate your comment and thank you for noticing the side door :-D. That side door is actually pretty common on houses Long Island, NY. At least it was in my late grandmother's neighborhood. Because the lot is so small, you really didn't need a whole lot of space or a huge deck to exit the house (other than the front door). :-D<br />
    <br />
    The first thing I thought seeing the side door was the block I grew up on in LI. The cottage looked so familiar it almost brought a tear to my eye as I have been feeling a bit homesick lately. I love this. I am starting to get comfortable with the new build mode and love finding inspirations like this. Keep posting your work!

Aw I'm so happy this house is bringing you joy and memories of your home in LI! :-) I visited LI almost every summer growing up so I'm quite familiar with the type of houses they had. I might even remake my late grandmother's house as well - her house was very pretty and cozy. Keep an eye out for more in the near future! I'm glad to hear that you're having a blast with the new build mode! I'd love to see some of your finished work!
    "Just Exquisitely Goode"
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    This such a pretty little starter Jegoode :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    It would be special for you if your recreated your grandmothers home @jegoode :) it would hold special memories for you.

I agree! I've done it before with the Sims 3 so I can certainly do it again with the Sims 4. I can't wait to get started on it :-)
    "Just Exquisitely Goode"
  • Options
    jje10001jje10001 Posts: 87 Member
    What an adorable little house! Fits perfectly into the neighborhood as well :smile:
  • Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    I <3<3<3 IT! Great choice of colors!