Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PewDiePie playing TS4

Comments

• Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    edited September 2014
    I tend to think there's a difference between humour and just screaming offensive things to be "cool"...
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    What is this? a "I hate pewdiepie" thread? :D I hate it when people judge you by what kind of humor you have. And to call someone immature or a 5 year old because they find him funny, isn't that in turn immature aswell? Well I think so.

To the OP, I think the first one is hilarious :D I like the way he edits his videos, and how he uses music for dramatic effect lol.
  • Options
    robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    JeanBaby4 wrote: »
    What is this? a "I hate pewdiepie" thread? :D I hate it when people judge you by what kind of humor you have. And to call someone immature or a 5 year old because they find him funny, isn't that in turn immature aswell? Well I think so.
    I quite use to seeing that sadly...darn you youtube comments!
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I'm actually surprised I didn't know he had that many haters lol you learn something new everyday
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    EGYPT87771 wrote: »
    Valandis wrote: »
    Lightests wrote: »
    pewdiepie doesn't use offensive jokes ... lol ...
    people seem to assume things they hear from others

He even made an apology video about his offensive jokes, but it didn't take long before he started again.
    He makes racist, homophobic, sexist, ableist and sexual assault(and probably more) jokes... There are just some things you never joke about. :(
    Since when did he made a homophobic joke?
    For a long time, he also makes transphobic jokes.
    And the "It's not called being gay, it's called being fabulous" is really demeaning, stereotyping and damaging towards gays. :s
    K

I thought his little line "It's not called being gay, it's called being fabulous" was a really cute line. Do people take such offense easily? Especially homosexuals? I don't even think homosexuals would take that line as seriously as you are right now... You must be the life of a party hon.

i honestly didnt know people would get offended by that line
    i always get the feeling pewds likes gay people and didnt mean for people to take what he said as condescending
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    EGYPT87771EGYPT87771 Posts: 224 Member
    edited September 2014
    It's interesting how some people say how some things are offensive. I really would love to see what those people laugh at themselves to be honest.
    Miricha wrote: »
    I tend to think there's a difference between humour and just screaming offensive things to be "cool"...
    I also agree with this as well. Humor is such a very very broad term though.

• Options

He even made an apology video about his offensive jokes, but it didn't take long before he started again.
    He makes racist, homophobic, sexist, ableist and sexual assault(and probably more) jokes... There are just some things you never joke about. :(
    And the "It's not called being gay, it's called being fabulous" is really demeaning, stereotyping and damaging towards gays. :s
    K

I thought his little line "It's not called being gay, it's called being fabulous" was a really cute line. Do people take such offense easily? Especially homosexuals? I don't even think homosexuals would take that line as seriously as you are right now... You must be the life of a party hon.
    lol I don't think homosexuals will be offended THAT easily I get when people yelling f.ag and f.aggot and saying all these mean things agianst homosexuals
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I'm actually surprised I didn't know he had that many haters lol you learn something new everyday
    You've got some catching up to do Orchid! Ahaha, he has TONS of haters. Some even hate him just to hate him because it's supposedly cool to hate people. Wow that was a lot of hates. :O
  • Options
    You haven't been reading the youtube comments lately have you?
  • Options
    ArkansasWoman777ArkansasWoman777 Posts: 601 Member

You would be surprised...

i7 6700k, 1tb ssd, Rx MSI 480 8gb, Evga 750G2, Corsair H100i V2, 16gb of ram
  • Options
    You've got some catching up to do Orchid! Ahaha, he has TONS of haters. Some even hate him just to hate him because it's supposedly cool to hate people. Wow that was a lot of hates. :O

Lol yeah I guess I'll have to. My sister showed me one of his videos a few months ago. He was playing some scary game and I thought it was hillarious.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options

i think getting attention gets you haters naturally because people are jealous
  • Options

K

i honestly didnt know people would get offended by that line
    i always get the feeling pewds likes gay people and didnt mean for people to take what he said as condescending
    Exactly. I have empathy so I know when something could possibly be offensive or whatever.. but I never got an offensive vibe from that phrase. Lately it really seems like there's this group of people on the internet who loves to victimize themselves and over analyze things to make them offensive. No idea why.

• Options
    I don't read youtube comments anymore haha too much work with the iphone lol and I think the sim videos didn't have open comment section.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    I don't read youtube comments anymore haha too much work with the iphone lol and I think the sim videos didn't have open comment section.
    i hope youtube fixes its comment section, i made a twitter account just to comment on his videos lol ...
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited September 2014

That is true! Justin bieber had TONS of haters even before he became a genuine b.rat :P (sorry if i offend any beliebers) You know, back when the hate was unjustified. Even Psy (gangnam style) started to get haters as his fame grew.

• Options
    JaegerJaeger Posts: 256 Member
    > @EGYPT87771 said:
    > Orchid13 wrote: »
    >
    > I'm actually surprised I didn't know he had that many haters lol you learn something new everyday
    >
    >
    >
    > You've got some catching up to do Orchid! Ahaha, he has TONS of haters. Some even hate him just to hate him because it's supposedly cool to hate people. Wow that was a lot of hates.

He also makes a million a year to play/review games; I would gladly take that hate!
  • Options
    Jaeger wrote: »
    > @EGYPT87771 said:<br />
    > Orchid13 wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > I'm actually surprised I didn't know he had that many haters lol you learn something new everyday<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > You've got some catching up to do Orchid! Ahaha, he has TONS of haters. Some even hate him just to hate him because it's supposedly cool to hate people. Wow that was a lot of hates.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    He also makes a million a year to play/review games; I would gladly take that hate!

You are darn right Jaeger!! Lol, I would too! I wouldn't even care!!
  • Options
    ArkansasWoman777ArkansasWoman777 Posts: 601 Member
    Jaeger wrote: »
    > @EGYPT87771 said:<br />
    > Orchid13 wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > I'm actually surprised I didn't know he had that many haters lol you learn something new everyday<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > You've got some catching up to do Orchid! Ahaha, he has TONS of haters. Some even hate him just to hate him because it's supposedly cool to hate people. Wow that was a lot of hates.<br />
    <br />
    <br />

Actually i think he makes 4 million a year...could be wrong though. Also he raises money and donates to charity so not sure why people would hate him since he is awesome for doing that

i7 6700k, 1tb ssd, Rx MSI 480 8gb, Evga 750G2, Corsair H100i V2, 16gb of ram
  • Options
    Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    I'm one of those people who can't be offended easily, but one thing i've learned is that not everyone are like me. and about joking around, it's one thing to joke around offensive thing with people who knows you well, and another thing to do the same around people you don't know.

I'll give you an example, one of my former manager, a white guy had all colored employees (black, latino, and asians), he was one of those jock type guy cool with everyone. One day, we were all talking about muscle, and I mentioned that I think black and white people can gain muscle way faster than asians, he replied with "of course, especially black people, they get total work out by running from police, and climbing up the fence, squat down and hands behind their head, you get total package of work out". We all laughed because we knew he was joking (and he did quite lot of racist jokes), but if you were to walk into the store and heard that joke, would you just laugh with us? or get offended?
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • Options
    I guess any sort of celebrity (even youtube ones) will have haters and fans lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options

Lol yeah I guess I'll have to. My sister showed me one of his videos a few months ago. He was playing some scary game and I thought it was hillarious.

You should watch the videos where he plays the pixelated Japanese horror games. I looooove those! I really hope he does more of them.
  • Options
    JeanBaby4 wrote: »

That is true! Justin bieber had TONS of haters even before he became a genuine b.rat :P (sorry if i offend any beliebers) You know, back when the hate was unjustified. Even Psy (gangnam style) started to get haters as his fame grew.
    why would anyone hate Psy? that song isnt the greatest (i personally like it), but it doesnt deserve to give him hate
    oh bieber ... his voice is so annoying, but i wouldn't tell a fan of his how i cant stand him ... i'd just say i dont like him lol
    pewds is so modest though, i think it's a swedish/non-warring country thing (ie Switzerland, Canada...)
  • Options
    Mashimar0 wrote: »
    I'm one of those people who can't be offended easily, but one thing i've learned is that not everyone are like me. and about joking around, it's one thing to joke around offensive thing with people who knows you well, and another thing to do the same around people you don't know.

I'll give you an example, one of my former manager, a white guy had all colored employees (black, latino, and asians), he was one of those jock type guy cool with everyone. One day, we were all talking about muscle, and I mentioned that I think black and white people can gain muscle way faster than asians, he replied with "of course, especially black people, they get total work out by running from police, and climbing up the fence, squat down and hands behind their head, you get total package of work out". We all laughed because we knew he was joking (and he did quite lot of racist jokes), but if you were to walk into the store and heard that joke, would you just laugh with us? or get offended?

Yeah I guess it happens. I mean I'm not really a minory but I was in class and my TEACHER was like you are like such a preppy girl you are only missing the blonde hair and the tiny dog XD and I just laughed about it because I know he isn't trying to offend me he even said in front of my whole class I'm only telling her this cause she can take a joke and I even kinda liked the attention lol

21mbz47.jpg
  • Options

You should watch the videos where he plays the pixelated Japanese horror games. I looooove those! I really hope he does more of them.

I like the goat ones lol and I love it when he plays with his girlfriend!
    21mbz47.jpg