Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So...where did all my screenshots go?

Hey, folks!

I was wondering if you'd be able to help me. :)

I've taken quite a few screenshots in the Sims 4, but only half of them are appearing in my Screenshots folder (in the My Documents directory). I've tracked the rest of them down to appearing on my "memories timeline" in the game.

Where might I find the rest of my screenshots from the "memories timeline"? Are they stored online, or on my PC in some files that I can't find?

Thank you to anyone who can help me. :)

Comments

• Options
    KjrockPlayerKjrockPlayer Posts: 305 Member
    go into my documents,EA then in that file you will find your screenshots
  • Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited September 2014
    Thank you for replying. However, in my first post I said that only half of my screenshots were in the folder (My Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Screenshots), but not all of them. I need to find the rest of them from the "memories timeline". But I don't know where to find that.

Is there anyone else that can help me?
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited September 2014
    Well, I don't know about the memory pictures because I've not used it yet. I also thought my pictures were missing when I looked in the screenshots folder. I was quite confused since I literally had JUST taken a photo. The game names the screenshots really weird and my computer then puts them in an odd order by "name". I put the folder in date order and then they were all there. You might try that. If you screenshots are still missing, then I'm not sure what is going on. :(
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Huzzah! Lovesstorms, thank you for your post! You fixed it! My screenshots have miraculously appeared! I don't know what happened. :S
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Glad you found them! It's kind of a pain that they are named the way they are, but at least we have access to them. Happy simming!
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Alex210Alex210 Posts: 81 Member
    My Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Screenshots

Enjoy!
  • Options
    Katari15Katari15 Posts: 27 Member
    Thank you for asking this question, I was about to post a new thread with the same one but then I found this one. :)
  • Options
    MamaPunkin21809MamaPunkin21809 Posts: 51 Member
    :/ I'm having the same problem, and just put them all in order by date. It rearranged them but didn't give me any of the pics that I set to 'memory' either and I still can't find them. I'm bummed, I really wanted to use a pic of my sim for my profile but can't find the rest of the pics to look through. Has anyone else found a way to locate the memory pics aside from arranging them by date?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    :/ I'm having the same problem, and just put them all in order by date. It rearranged them but didn't give me any of the pics that I set to 'memory' either and I still can't find them. I'm bummed, I really wanted to use a pic of my sim for my profile but can't find the rest of the pics to look through. Has anyone else found a way to locate the memory pics aside from arranging them by date?

My experience is that if you make a screenshot a "memory" it doesn't stay in Screenshots at all, since game launch. If I think I'm going to want the screenshot, I don't make it a memory.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MamaPunkin21809MamaPunkin21809 Posts: 51 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > My experience is that if you make a screenshot a "memory" it doesn't stay in Screenshots at all, since game launch. If I think I'm going to want the screenshot, I don't make it a memory.

Good to know, I think that's what I'll start doing too. Thanks :)
  • Options
    VampCatzVampCatz Posts: 10 New Member
    I can't find all of my screenshots either. I did save them as "memory". Half of them were saved in my Sims 4>Screenshots folder but the other half disappeared. No clue. EA names the screenshot like this 5-18-15_4-53 PM; at least that's how they're named in my folder. Anyway, I hate that some of my screenshots have just plum disappeared. If anyone figures out where they go, please let me know.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    VampCatz wrote: »
    I can't find all of my screenshots either. I did save them as "memory". Half of them were saved in my Sims 4>Screenshots folder but the other half disappeared. No clue. EA names the screenshot like this 5-18-15_4-53 PM; at least that's how they're named in my folder. Anyway, I hate that some of my screenshots have just plum disappeared. If anyone figures out where they go, please let me know.

Nobody's found where "memory" screenshots end up - they must be incorporated into the Save file. If you don't make them a "memory", they'll be in Screenshots.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I love how it took from September 2014 until now to get an actual answer for this. Thanks, Luthien.

Guys, this thread is nearly one year old. I left it up to be informative, but it'd be a good idea to stop bumping it. :)
  • Options
    GoldQueenGoldQueen Posts: 1 New Member
    FYI in case anyone still wants to know, the photos you save as "memories" are in My Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>saves>scratch and are the jpeg files that say "memory" in them.
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    GoldQueen wrote: »
    FYI in case anyone still wants to know, the photos you save as "memories" are in My Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>saves>scratch and are the jpeg files that say "memory" in them.

You're kidding! And I've been deleting that folder every time I quit the game. Not that I have been saving my screenshots as memories. I'm just referring to the folder itself. Thanks @GoldQueen for making us aware of this! ;)

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Kristeng91Kristeng91 Posts: 3 New Member
    I just took a screenshot of my grim reaper impregnanting someone and now the photo has disappeared. Where did my screenshots go? :(
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited February 2017
    Kristeng91 wrote: »
    I just took a screenshot of my grim reaper impregnanting someone and now the photo has disappeared. Where did my screenshots go? :(

Hello.
    Try having your sim travel to another lot, then see if the photo appears then. If it is not appearing in game, exit the game and see if the photo is in your screenshots folder in the documents -electronic arts -sims 4 folder.

If the photo isn't there, try testing by taking another screenshot and see if the photo appears.

This link explains about the screenshot manager
    https://simsvip.com/2015/12/04/the-sims-4-screenshot-capture-manager/
  • Options
    HeloNecroHeloNecro Posts: 97 Member
    I've always wondered about this too.
  • Options
    SammiegamesSammiegames Posts: 6 New Member
    Since people are still having problems after sorting them like that I thought I'd say what fixed mine (mine automatically sorts by date) I put in the first part of it in the search thing and then the ones I had just taken popped up
  • Options
    Since people are still having problems after sorting them like that I thought I'd say what fixed mine (mine automatically sorts by date) I put in the first part of it in the search thing and then the ones I had just taken popped up

Hello
    It is a helpful suggestion to know what helps you when are trying to locate a screenshot.
  • Options
    cookieminoucookieminou Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey i have a question about screenshots. I know how to take them and everything, but my sims always have pixelated arms and things . And honestly its making me mad and making my shots look like crap. What do i do ?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Hey i have a question about screenshots. I know how to take them and everything, but my sims always have pixelated arms and things . And honestly its making me mad and making my shots look like plum. What do i do ?

Hello @cookieminou
    Try altering the graphics settings and see if that helps.
    Try changing to full screen or windowed full screen and see if that helps.
    If you are are playing on a laptop, and your laptop can handle it, try turning off laptop mode. It may though cause lagging issues.
    Check that your graphics drivers are up to date.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Hey i have a question about screenshots. I know how to take them and everything, but my sims always have pixelated arms and things . And honestly its making me mad and making my shots look like plum. What do i do ?

Apart from what Rosemow said, could you also post a screenshot as an example? Upload it to Imgur and paste the URL here.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    SaraCluesoeSaraCluesoe Posts: 6 New Member
    It's an old post,but please can you help me? I have the same issue, all my screenshots are lost and I don't know where to find them! I tried to sort them by date but they're nowhere!
    When I take a screenshot it appears in Screenshot Capture Manager but they never appear in the EA folder like they used to do. I have this issue since when I installed Cats and Dogs!!
  • Options
    It's an old post,but please can you help me? I have the same issue, all my screenshots are lost and I don't know where to find them! I tried to sort them by date but they're nowhere!
    When I take a screenshot it appears in Screenshot Capture Manager but they never appear in the EA folder like they used to do. I have this issue since when I installed Cats and Dogs!!

Hello @SaraCluesoe
    Do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a screenshots folder in One Drive . The game may be using that screenshot foldrf instead. One Drive can cause issues, It would be best to unsync One Drive and Sims 4.
    This link explains how to do that
    https://support.office.com/en-US/article/Turn-off-or-uninstall-OneDrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0