Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    ivescarlaivescarla Posts: 55 Member
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, but in game you don't have the family tree anymore
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    I think it would be better to set the gallery default to "all" instead of "maxis", because if people don't realise when they go to search something it comes up with "no sims found" or just one or two.
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    TheRed3110TheRed3110 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Things I didn't like:
    Day is too short or work day is too long. By the time I get home from work I spend the rest of the day filling up my needs or emotions and there's no time to go out and have some fun.

No color wheel. Not sure why there couldn't be a color wheel to make things the specific color u want like in sims 3. Would also like if u could change patterns like sims 3 as well.

No toddlers or pools. This should be in an update and not part of an expansion I shouldn't have to spend more money for something that should be stapled in the game.

Wish the towns were just a little bit bigger.

Things I liked:
    Game feels and flows very smoothly. Loading screens are short and I feel like I can get in the game right away unlike sims 3 where by the time I got to live mode I didn't wanna play anymore.

Time goes by super fast while sleeping or at work (although this doesn't seem to work every time (There could be something I'm missing or just a bug) and I wouldn't mind if it went even faster, maybe a button to just skip right to when your sim gets back, so you can get right back to playing.

Being able to replace broken items instantly.

Multitasking is great! Love that I can be social with so many sims at the same time even while leveling a skill. Always found keeping up with relationships very tideous in other sim games. Now it's fun and easy.

Played live mode for about 5 hours haven't gotten into building yet but Overall I'm liking it. It may be stripped down and i'm not sure the game was worth 60 bucks because its kinda like a sims 2 do over but its a breath of fresh air and i can see myself playing the sims 4 more often then I have with any other sims game just for the fact that i'm not waiting forever to start the game and seems to run better on my comp.
    Post edited by TheRed3110 on
  • Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    lizcardoso wrote: »
    > @renzilla said:<br />
    > lizcardoso You can switch between Sims in different lots.<br />
    <br />
    Not what I meant. I wanted to switch between sims in the same household. For example when one goes to the gym, the other is grayed out and it gives options like, "Take care of self" or something similar.
    That's exactly what I mean lol. You can have one Sim at the gym and one at home and switch back and forth.
  • Options
    windchime00windchime00 Posts: 294 Member
    I love that Sims can take pictures with each other but it would be nice if we could print them out or something.
  • Options
    ShadoShyrkeShadoShyrke Posts: 57 Member
    edited September 2014
    > @SimGuruHydra said:
    > Happy The Sims 4 Launch week!
    >
    > For Simmers who are playing TS4 - we invite you to share your feedback in this sticky.
    >
    > Share: * What you liked
    > * What you didn't like
    > * Suggestions?
    > * Overall thoughts?

I have been a fan of the Sims since the first game released, coming over from SimCity, SimTower and the other Maxis games. I am a "builder" personality that generally spends the first few days designing, then building houses. Then I spend the time creating a detailed family or roommates and off I go. This is the first version of a Sims game that I pre-purchased and played at launch, so bear with me.

What I like:
    Advancements in wall item placing - You are not locked to a fixed spot on the wall from top to bottom. I can hang small items over/under each other on the same section of wall, or make sure that an item is not hidden behind a hutch on a desk. Nicely done
    Advancements in full room placing - I used the "blueprint" process in Sims 3 to place full rooms, but you had to make sure the floor fit the size of the room. I like that you can adjust the whole room, or floor, after placing.
    CAS - No unnecessary background embellishments, so it processes faster and is a smaller resource footprint. Nicely done.
    Expansion of jobs/careers and skills of launch content - nice not to have to wait for an EP to work a singer/entertainer, or various other skills
    Skills leveling is faster - which is really nice

What I don't like:
    Camera changes - Sims3 had the best camera control, with fine tuning, Sims 4 control left out some fine tuning, causing only overhead and 3/4 overhead unless you zoom in. I often used the fine tuning to find things that would end up "hidden in environment" from standard views. Now It takes a bit more tweaking and waiting to be able to click on that one object. Sad to have to use "Sims3 version camera" instead. Seems to me to be a waste of efficient programming to make the fine controls an "activatable" option.
    Lack of Basements - I love having a wine cellar or workable basement to make a full home. Great for home gyms and "creation stations". Also the perfect place for a "mad scientist" or "spy station". So what gives?
    Lack of pools - "nuff said"....Sims stuck living in California on water shortages?
    Zone sizes - very new SimCity - Technically, I understand the purpose. It is a lower demand on resources, and removes those long load screens at startup and reduces resource snafu's. Yet, the lack of larger "maps" with more zones to a town is very limiting. I loved owning my own stores/shops and interacting with town. Travel is now clunky and prone to issues for the Sims
    Sims room/bed assignments - What the heck? I can't assign rooms to my Sims? What is this - space available hostels? What's the point of refining bedroom décor when it won't match a specific Sims' mood and interests?
    Removed basic "traditional" jobs - No police, fire, medical, teacher jobs makes no sense with the other skills and needs that are involved.
    No basic telescope for logic skill - why do we have to buy a 1,300 simoleon "backyard observatory" just to look at the stars in the sky?
    Job quests - Some are hard as heck to meet just to get a level two job rating. For instance, trying to make "Friend" level with 4 people, while trying to keep the Sim happy and content, just to make level 3 in the Entertaining field.

Suggestions:
    Get Basements and Pools into core game.
    Make sure we have a Supernatural EP - I want my Pixies, Witches (nothing like witch cop hexing the town badboy) and werewolves. Zombies are darn entertaining to watch shambling around town as well.
    Need a World Adventures style EP
    Fix room assignments
    Need a "Zen garden" sand style so I can make my signature Zen rock garden for my writer's/artist's house

Question:

Where's my butler?
    Post edited by ShadoShyrke on
  • Options
    Prettyweed870Prettyweed870 Posts: 832 Member
    edited September 2014
    Things I liked:
    1. My sims still feel like my sims. Thanks for keeping the core of what makes then special.
    2. The number of sims available to interact with both in front of my home and on community lots.
    3. Autonomy of sims left unattended. They act out their moods and interact with other sims and objects appropriately.
    4. Quick learning curve. Although this may also be due to the CaS Demo and the numerous game play videos before launch.

Things I don't like:
    1. The edge scroll tool is not very sensitive and can be frustrating to use. I have had to use the WASD keys to move my camera and the <> to turn my camera. I am not used to using the keyboard by default when playing Sims so this is a BIG adjustment.
    2. Although this happens VERY RARELY for me, I did have one or two sims actually walk right through my a sim I was talking with. I suppose it is better than the routing issue stomp from Sims 3 but it was a bit jarring for a second.
    3. The camera angle seems more restricted than I am used to. I can only change my angle of viewing my sim by zooming in and out or opting for top down view which is too high for me. It would be nice to be able to change that angle to something between follow and top down.
    4. The transition from Infant to Child seems a bit jarring. I suppose it is a "quirk" we will all have to get used to because I don't think toddlers will be added to this rendition of Sims at a later date. It's my understanding the coding is not in the game. DO NOT BREAK THE GAME TO BRING TODDLERS IN WORLD. I would rather have a working game and miss my toddlers than have another broken game that has them in it. No fun if they get added and bork everything.

I feel like Sims 4 has features from both Sims 2 and Sims 3. I didn't play the original Sims game but I am sure those who have can find pieces of that game in Sims 4 as well. I hope that you will bring Cars in some form to the platform soon and also find a way to bring pools back (even if they wind up being above ground pool options since I don't think digging into the ground is supported).

Overall I am enjoying the game. There are things I miss of course but I am sure those holes will be filled with later expansions (dishwashers, hot tubs, etc.). So far having fun getting to know the new neighbors and exploring the new worlds.

*Was fooling around in settings and found an option to enable Sims 3 camera movement with the mouse scroll wheel. That takes care of crazy camera angles, phew! Edge smoothing is still tricky trying to get that magnifying glass lined up with the screen edges. Go too far and it does nothing....
    Post edited by Prettyweed870 on
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I've been reading that Origin has to be logged in to play the game. I understand it can be offline but I will be buying the disk and don't want to have Origin to play the game.

I can understand EA wanting us to register or get permission to play the copy of the game the first time but I don't like the idea of having to sign in (even offline) to play a disk game.

So, can you all fix this? I'm not buying Origin, I'm buying a copy of the game on disk.
  • Options
    grasswidowTgrasswidowT Posts: 11 New Member
    So far, bored out of my mind. Sims2 is still the best. IMO.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    A few more likes and dislikes. I'm trying to post them as I go so I don't forget anything.

Dislikes:
    The Dance together interaction with the stereo only causes the sim you selected it with to start dancing. You then have to invite the other sim over to dance together. It would be awesome if when you clicked "Dance Together" on the stereo it actually prompted you AND your date to dance together right then.

There are wedding rooms that you can add to venues, which is awesome, but a legitimate wedding venue would be wonderful for these ADORABLE new weddings.

The couch make-out is weak my friends! The regular kiss interaction shows more passion then a couch make-out session. I'd like to see this interaction spiced up in the future. <3<3<3

Delete All Notifications feature! You are awesome!!! In TS3 it got really old fast having to delete my in game notifications one by one. Thank you for the delete all notifications feature, it has rocked my socks!

Clutter on bookshelves! Being able to place small plants and clutter on the actual shelves in bookshelves made my day. I discovered it accidently last night when moving a small potted plant off the desk and about squealed. Just awesome!!! I also discovered the small wall shelves of books (that I thought were decorative like they were in TS3) also function as REAL SHELVES! This made me one thrilled simmer! Thank you for adding bookshelves that hold clutter and for wall bookshelves (such a great space saving feature!).

Grafting trees. What a pleasant surprise it was last night when I leveled my gardening up a little higher and found I could Graft plants!!! I currently have a single plant that produces strawberries, spinach, and grapes. hahaah I truly enjoy this feature, as it rewards gardeners with all the materials produce they need, but in one harvesting swoop as is befitting of a sim that has leveled their gardening skill.

Careers: So far I have really enjoyed how you revamped careers. I like that there is a mini challenge for each new workday, and how the sims are rewarded for going that extra mile. The unlockable content has been fun to obtain. The new careers are limiting, but I truly enjoy how they work now, and so I look forward to the new ones that will be added with each EP. Well done Sim team!

Treasure Maps: These are just fun! I like the little emo dolls I've been discovering from them, and that they emanate moods. Learning which objects cause your sims to reflect different moods have been both annoying and fun. hahah I am glad the feature is there and these little collectibles you find from treasure hunting are effective and amusing. Thank you!

For a base game, this is the best one yet for me. Thank you!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Pheebs284Pheebs284 Posts: 10 New Member
    Things I like:
    How the mood changes desires and abilities.
    How much more screen space I have without all the panels.
    How much more control I have over the sim's appearance.

Things I don't like:
    -Sims are COMICALLY disproportionate to the world around them. They are tiny little creatures who are half the size of the furniture and tools around them. Even the "short" doors seem far too large for the amount of space each sim requires.
    -This game feels more like Sims2... or even Sims1 than some new high-tech innovation.
    -There are too many maps and not enough integration. I loved being able to explore the whole town in map view in Sims3, everything seemed connected. Sims4 is a bunch of load screens. I understand that developers wanted things to look cooler in detail so they had to cut the world to make gameplay faster but honestly, it just looks cheesy and overly sparkly. It's the same problem I had with Sims Medieval, to which I can see too many similarities. It makes gameplay very annoying.
    -I am now required to be logged in to Origin to play. I bought the discs so I wouldn't have to do this.
    -I have to deselect a box that sends my usage info to EA. It's intrusive.
    -While traveling between towns is a great addition, the lack of integration of the town makes this new feature seem pointless. It's just another map, and another loading screen I have to sit through.

Overall, I can't believe I spent money I don't have on a new computer for this. I'm so disappointed.
  • Options
    Kayla103Kayla103 Posts: 38 Member
    What I Don't Like:
    - I'm not a fan of if you want to go talk to someone else after you were talking to someone it automatically puts you in a group conversation. Makes it awkward when trying to flirt.
    - Wish there were more occupations to choose from, and some like "doctor" and "business clerk" I even like the idea of "mail man"
    - I find it more difficult for people to "fall in love" for those with the soul mate aspiration.
    - Wish there was more to the neighborhoods. It feels tiny
    - I don't like the "forgotten birthday" thing. Because there is no notification when their birthday is coming up so it is hard to keep track.
    - I wish the edge scrolling worked better
    - Musical chairs when having conversations

What I Like:
    -I like the detail you can put in to your sims
    -There is gardening still, and that it has more components to it than in TS3
    -That the kids look more like their parents in features
    -That you can work while pregnant and not have to automatically take time off (great for single sims)
    -Time speeds up when sleeping or at work
    -Love multi-tasking!
    -That items are easily repaired
  • Options
    chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    edited September 2014
    :D I like it. I knew I would. I thought I was going to be disappointed going from S3 with all the expansions and more (yeah... I must have it all... just like when I was a kid I wanted all of "Barbie's" stuff....)ha ha... :p I have all the Sims expansions and Stuff way back from S1 when it first came out.

I have only played for six hours straight yesterday...which since I was busy checking everything out translates to four sim days but I have a few comments.

THE GOOD: (Short list because except for a few things that I do not much care for, am enjoying it very much.)

Love the sims' expressions....they are so cute!
    Love how their moods give me different options whether interacting with other sims or objects.
    Liking to find frogs and dig up the funky statues.
    I LOVE that when I take one sim out to do something the others "take care of self". It is nice to come home and not have the other sims in the red or have to micromanage them while I am out on a date or exploring.
    I like the mini goals for the aspirations and dating.
    LOVE the multitasking..... mostly.
    LIKING that I can add tags, comments etc. to my screenshots and memories BUT... see "eh" section....

THE "EH...." :\

DATING... I wish that my date was more interested in MY sim than everyone else. Had the poor guy my sim was dating get embarrassed and feeling like "very awkward social situation" because while my sim was busy flirting up a storm, other people kept coming up and joining the conversation then getting irritated at MY sim... lol... was kind of funny but even when I cancelled the "group" conversation... they kept coming back. Also when I wanted to go somewhere else with my DATE... the only option was "go here together" which... everyone who was eavesdropping on my date also felt they were invited. My sim had not even met or spoken to these sims... they just would not get out of my date...

MULTITASKING/TIME PROGRESSION... Ok well it takes an hour and a half to make a salad because my sim multi-tasks chatting to her sister who is in the room. I like that she can converse with others in the room while doing things, but perhaps the sim day needs to move a little slower if something that SHOULD take maybe 10 mins (if she is really bad at cutting tomatoes) takes over an hour.

EDGE SCROLLING... eh... wished it worked like S3... but got used to just grabbing the ground and moving when I wanted the camera to go backwards.

PICTURES/MEMORIES: Ok... :# the pop up to "would you like to make this a memory" is irritating. I take lots of pictures because I like to make stories with them. ALSO... the screen shots are NOT in chronological order when I go back in...not helpful. Please make it so they save in order and maybe add that you can "read" them like a story... kinda like in S2....

WORLD: Wish it was bigger and there were more lots to visit and live in. I do not mind the world system at all and know that with expansions maybe it would change but I do miss the huge and detailed open neighborhood of S3.

CURBS: Ok now this one had me thinking I had ran into some teens as my sim was standing on the sidewalk talking to two sims in the street and she was at least 2 feet taller than her. I thought I had found some teens... lol. When I turned the camera around I noticed that I myself (being short) would require a stepladder and some climbing gear to get back on the sidewalks.. (giggles)

STORY PROGRESSION: Have not decided how I feel about this yet... I KNOW I would want my sim's family to go on and have kids and stuff so cousins would be born... but I do not really care about the townies.

FAMILY TREE: I would like this back even if they do not multiply on their own once they move out. Speaking of moving out....

MOVING OUT: Now I have not done this yet but I like BIG families... and like moving family out into the hood so my sims can interact with their families... so we need more lots and houses to move them into. (in my opinion there were not enough lots in S3 either... haha... so there are REALLY really not enough places in S4)

FROGS: I like finding them and putting the aquariums up in my sim's house BUT they do not do anything... maybe add interactions... feeding... playing etc??

CUSTOM COLORS: I really really really REALLY miss not being able to personalize everything with colors and patterns... I loved that about S3 that I could camo the heck out of everything and make it any color I want... Please add this back and give me back my color wheel please.

ALIEN ABDUCTIONS: Ok it was standard in S1 and S2.... had to wait forever for it in S3....I want it back.

RANDOM DEATHS: Miss this too... I LOVED the guinea pig disease.... lol... and the random deaths from falling meteors and satellites and what not....

I am sure there was more I will find that I love and not so much... my sims do not even have jobs yet... so much to try out still :) BUT I am so ready for expansions.. lol. I want more more more and I want it NOW.... (get crackin guys.... I will buy it)
  • Options
    BatreaBatrea Posts: 25 Member
    edited September 2014
    I have not gotten the game, I live in Europe so the game will launch at midnight, and I have to save my moneys for a new computer, but as far as I see it looks like a great game, hope toddlers will be a part of the game soon :)

What do you think, should I save moneys for a new computer, or should I buy TS4?
    Playing sims all day keeps the boredom away.
  • Options
    Lianuh1104Lianuh1104 Posts: 142 Member
    edited September 2014
    Buy and large this is the same game that I fell in love with in 2000. Regardless of all the bells and whistles, I will play the game and enjoy its new features. However, there are a few minor things that kinda irked me, simply because they appear to be so minor that were simply overlooked.
    • It was really difficult to try to figure out how to get ONE sim to move out of the household. It was so easy in TS3 with the cell phone and I would really like the ease of that to return. I honestly don't remember how I did it and will have to figure it out again later.
    • It also seemed like there was WAY too much for kids to have to do, and not nearly enough time to do it. For school they had to get to level 4 on all these different skills and finish homework every night, then there was a bunch of stuff for their aspiration, too. It seemed like you had to choose one or the other.
    • But at the same time, (as far as I can see) skills earned as a child started over when they aged up into teens, which made it seem like all the work I did as a child was for naught. Is there a benefit to doing all of that work??
    • I would like to be able to see my Sim's needs (etc) while they are at work or school or off the lot. Things like that I would take into consideration for what they did while there -- when their job bar was full they could make friends; if their needs were low they could slack off; If needs were high they could work hard.
    • I didn't like in the "Big Happy Family" aspiration that a requirement was to adopt a child. Some families that's just not something I want them to do, but for that sim to be successful they have to. If, say....there were a pool of tasks for the aspiration at each level that were randomly selected, that would be okay. There's a CHANCE they would have to adopt... i could work with that. But I like genetics too much to do that all the time.
    • So, in TS3 I was a total control freak and had mods so that I could keep the marriage names of the townies and their children how I wanted. So the fact that marriage doesn't change the last name of my playable family and there is NO WAY (even with cheats) to change it, is KILLING ME. I would really, really, really, really, REALLY like to see that change. I'm all about feminism, but even default hyphenating would be better than everyone's parents having different last names.
    • Finally, I was a big fan of the Family Tree and would very much like to see its return as well.

That being said, I am thoroughly enjoying the game so far. I commend everyone's hard work and eagerly await the patches that will remedy some of these things :)

edit: i have discovered cas.fulleditmode and i can work with that.
    Post edited by Lianuh1104 on
  • Options
    MellroseMellrose Posts: 18 Member
    Judging from the videos I've watched of the Sims 4 so far without actually having played it because I am in the UK it looks like there is a lot missing. You could easily please fans by creating a new world full of activities and no houses, like a spa you can walk into and get treatments done, a restaurant where you can also see whats happening like the Sims 2, a cinema, you could re-introduce grocery/clothes stores there as well. The annoying thing about Sims 3 was that there wasn't a lot you could do socially like go to a spa with another sim... I realise this isn't actually feedback about the game itself just an idea for a next expansion based on what seems missing. It doesn't seem like there is a lot to do in the Sims 4 base game.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Any chance y'all can patch in the c button for pics in cas? I'm still having to use print screen.
  • Options
    PaladinAndersonPaladinAnderson Posts: 174 New Member
    I really don't think it's worth 60$. At all.

The game itself is nice, and I actually haven't seen a lot of glitches.
    Yet.

I'm very disappointed with the lack of the color wheel, and just.. lack of patterns or anything for hair/eyes/clothing.
    Feels like a huge step back from progress.

I don't know. I understand it's the base game, but it feels vanilla.
    I don't know. Lack of town areas, the world isn't as nice as Sims 3 was.
    Shrugs.
  • Options
    hysellsgirl07hysellsgirl07 Posts: 33 Member
    i dont like how i cant use moveObjects to put things where i want. i dont like that there are not enough lots to build and play with in the neighborhoods. i dont like that there is no color swatch tool. and i dont like that there are no cars.
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    While I haven't played the sims 4 much yet (will hopefully do so more over the weekend), I still have some initial opinions about the game.

What I liked:
    • The World is very beautiful, and no longer feels like a ghost town
    • Family interactions are back. (snuggle, kiss, etc)
    • Sim children feel more like children than like little adults
    • Love the clothes. Everything feels more 3 dimensional.
    • Love how emotions has a noticeable impact on gameplay
    • Multitasking is a godsend.
    • Sims finally eat dinner at a regular pace again allowing for family dinners, romantic dinners (etc)
    • Ability to once again play multiple households without fear of them again or dying off
    • No lag in the game
    • Smooth and interesting animations. (sims cook differently depending on skill and what they are cooking, etc)
    • Relationships is no longer totally linear. (separate romance and friendship bar)
    • Ability to put custom music in the various radio stations.
    • Ability to instantly travel to other worlds while keeping everything.
    • genetics. (Kids no longer look like clones of each other, and resemble mix of parents better).

Things I did not like
    • Children can't become better at playing instruments, they always play them at level 1 :(
    • No story progression at all. (Could have townies at least do certain things such as skill, gain job performance, etc, with the ability to turn this off for playable household you aren't currently playing)
    • No CAS tool (Although the amount of lag it caused is not worth it)
    • Lack of intractable objects (hopefully expansions will add some)
    • Can't play video games with other sims (seriously EA what gives? My geeks should be playing games on the maxis simulator)
    • No toddlers (that goes without saying)
    • No bus/carpool and lack of npcs. (The sims 2 had this stuff, why can't the sims 4)
    • Neighborhood is small and there aren't many lots.
    • no current way to add lots to neighborhood, or edit certain parts of the neighborhood

Features the sims 4 should add sooner rather than later.
    • With TV affecting emotions, sims 4 should definitely add the ability to put custom videos in TV stations (like in the sims 2)
    • With the expansion of emotions and paintings, you should reintroduce different painting options (portrait, landscape, and especially custom paintings [with ability to add an emotional state to the custom painting).
    • Ability to create radio stations like in the sims 2 freetime.

Overall the sims 4 is the same song and dance (base game feels stripped and should have a lot more features), but unlike the previous incarnation (sims 3) the sims 4 is built on solid ground, and while some people may get bored of it now, the sims 4 will flourish when expansion packs come out. Unfortunately that means shelling out a lot of money for the sims franchise (once again) and EA laughing maniacally:)

Hope for future: Due to the way the sims 4 is set up, here a few things that I am hoping for in the future expansions
    • Open restaurants like in the sims 2
    • Since pools are not in the base game, give sims more things to do in them. (ex. diving boards, pool slides, marco polo, pool volleyball, swimming contests.)
    • Since toddlers are not in yet, spend time on them and make them varied, fun, and tie them into the emotional aspect of the game.
    • Give players the tools to create brand new neighborhoods (like the sims 2, or CAW in the sims 3), and allow players to instantly travel to those worlds as well.
    • There are plenty more things they could add, but I won't list them here
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    lokeloskilokeloski Posts: 2 New Member
    I didn't played much. I play The Sims in a more casual manner and rarely experiments with everything, but here are my thoughts about what I saw until now.

What you liked

The way interactions and emotions work. They relate between themselves in an interesting way.
    The "multitask" is a welcome change, and way better than before.
    Loved the new skills and the possibility of jobs/careers.
    The way construction works is great!

What you didn't like

The world isn't "seamless" anymore. It doesn't work against the gameplay, but made a little bit sad, haha.
    The interface. It works well, but it's too minimalistic. The buttons are small and too far on the corner, and you can only see one of the "types" each time.
    The ultra speed is still too slow.
    The art on the neighborhood window is "too bland".

Suggestions?

For the interface, the ability to detach and pin windows (so they are always open) would be good. I would love, for example, to have Needs and Relationship, or Work and Skills, opened at the same time.
    A 4th speed would be good. One that goes at the same rate that when there's no one on the lot. I don't know if this can break the game or if people with low-spec pcs would have problems, but it would be good nonetheless.
    About the neighborhood window: just add some colors, like when you hover the mouse over the blocks. The selected area can be highlighted in a different manner.

Overall thoughts?

The game isn't all that revolutionary (gameplay wise), but it's way more interesting than it's predecessor. The change on controls and menus are a bit challenging at the start, but they respond well. The overall looks is great too, it doesn't weight too much on the computer.
    The ability to travel between neighborhoods and visit them is really cool! If in the future people add more neighborhoods, this will be very interesting. The sim doesn't have to live in one place and visit always the same lots over and over again.
  • Options
    CuteseCutese Posts: 2 New Member
    I have been in love with the SIMS ever since the first one came out. I have all of them with every expansion pack. I even bought the Sims 3 Car expansion which people thought was a waste of money, but It made it even better to me. That's why it's heart breaking that The Sims 4 is, no offense, a waste of my money. It's like it's not finished. There's no improvement, just a fancier version of the Sims 2. Everything that people said on here is right.
    You need pools, not messed up toddlers, dishwashers, open worlds, cars, and all the options the Sims 3 explored and already gave us.
    But I believe you have to make it up to your faithful fans, because after this, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, and wish I knew about Origin's refund before time ran out. There should be no expansions pack for game that should have already have this content, only constant, CONSTANT, online downloads and patches.
  • Options
    MichelleAdairMichelleAdair Posts: 2 New Member
    Like:
    Search option for items
    Wall building tool that includes foundation
    Adjustable windows
    CAS

Dislike:
    NO COLOR WHEEL. This is what I call a "deal breaker".
    The camera controls are taking a lot of time to get used to.
    The town is far too small and limited
    No adding lots
    Only 2 empty house lots. Wow.
    Can't see my sims needs while at work
    No cars, bicycles, any sort of transportation...
    No lifespan controls

Overall, this version seems to be limiting my imagination. I love putting all my little touches on EVERYTHING around town. I'll be playing Sims 3 until some significant changes occur within this game. When Sims 3 launched... I was totally addicted. Endless customization!! I prepared myself for the same reaction for 4. No need though. I was bored within 30 minutes... and totally enraged when I discovered my beloved color wheel was nowhere to be found.
  • Options
    KBetelgeuseKBetelgeuse Posts: 74 Member
    I'm still working in the Create-a-Sim and havent gotten into the main game yet.

I do like the pull and grab face manipulation over the sliders from previous versions though, I feel there could be a a bit more range of pullage. :)

My only complaint, thus far, is the lack of customizing colors in CAS. Character modeling has been my favorite part of the games and it saddens me to see a plus from the older version being dropped.
  • Options
    NaydiNaydi Posts: 387 Member
    I like that you can place the coffee table in the center of the sofa. (At least it seems like you can.)
    This I do for the fun of it.
    • My Sims 4 Blog with Custom Content and Commentary is at Celynoir
    • Get my Custom Content at The Sims 4 Noir and Mod the Sims.
    • More downloads, houses and Sims, are available in the Gallery, under Naydi33.