Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simmers are disappointing me

Comments

• Options
    EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    keyb0x wrote: »
    EatChees wrote: »
    Disappointments can happen, especially for new releases or even already released titles. Players have the right to shed some disappointment, especially when it's a game they paid good money for. Though of course if you like a game then, good, fantastic your allowed to express your pleasure to the world. But do keep in mind others can have a very different opinions than yours, and that tromping on them sparks most of the flame wars.

All in all debating is what really can shed more light on what you or other people liked, and what you and others didn't like. Maybe give the Gurus a better perspective of what they should try to do, or try to fix in later patches, expansions or even new iterations.

I don't think most people here are against reporting bugs and such, I found the baby glitch pretty funny. But it's all the people who go around dampening the mood by acting like they won't get fixed. Especially after they've told everyone they're not getting the game. It's like, "so why are you here then"?

My Dear, We are here because we have hope that our complaints will be heard and result in a better sims 5. We want what we don't like to be heard so that EA doesn't keep doing what they are doing. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. In addition lots of things will not be fixed, they won't put in a open world or CASt, and they also won't make any changes to the art style. Also EA has a horrible track record when it comes to fixing things. You act like we are doing this just to make other people sad, which we are not.

I think people are making their bug reports just fine without people coming here to justify their hatred and vilify others.

Just because you feel those are things that need fixing doesn't mean everyone else does, either. I thought you were done responding to me in any case. We both disagree, let's end it at that.

Yeah the lack of toddlers and pool isn't important i never used them! These bugs are normal too, every game has bugs so that makes it ok.
    /End of sarcasm.

The thing with most of you positives, you think we're complaining just for the sake of complaining. Do you think democracy would of ever came into play if people just kept quiet and sent little letters describing their dissatisfaction? If we want something to change, we need to make a big noise about it. Simple logic.

We are now best friends!
    Sig.png
  • Options
    Saskia507Saskia507 Posts: 649 Member
    Jaded I think what they mean is people got used to stuff like the uni or future or world travels. They want that stuff now and dunno what to do without it. Not everyone but some people are like that i think
  • Options
    JadedsinsJadedsins Posts: 233 Member
    edited September 2014

The thing with most of you positives, you think we're complaining just for the sake of complaining. Do you think democracy would of ever came into play if people just kept quiet and sent little letters describing their dissatisfaction? If we want something to change, we need to make a big noise about it. Simple logic.

Well when most of the negative threads start making sense. People can be more understanding.

People have spread false info, cried about a lack of things to do, (when the game itself has tons of content that equals if not more than base sims 3).

What I've come to understand that, people will be closed minded and be negative no matter what. If they don't like the game, they will come to the forums and be all negative. That is fine! Just, don't be shocked when you get called out on some of the bs that the negative people are spreading.
  • Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    Disappointments can happen, especially for new releases or even already released titles. Players have the right to shed some disappointment, especially when it's a game they paid good money for. Though of course if you like a game then, good, fantastic your allowed to express your pleasure to the world. But do keep in mind others can have a very different opinions than yours, and that tromping on them sparks most of the flame wars.

All in all debating is what really can shed more light on what you or other people liked, and what you and others didn't like. Maybe give the Gurus a better perspective of what they should try to do, or try to fix in later patches, expansions or even new iterations.

I don't think most people here are against reporting bugs and such, I found the baby glitch pretty funny. But it's all the people who go around dampening the mood by acting like they won't get fixed. Especially after they've told everyone they're not getting the game. It's like, "so why are you here then"?

My Dear, We are here because we have hope that our complaints will be heard and result in a better sims 5. We want what we don't like to be heard so that EA doesn't keep doing what they are doing. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. In addition lots of things will not be fixed, they won't put in a open world or CASt, and they also won't make any changes to the art style. Also EA has a horrible track record when it comes to fixing things. You act like we are doing this just to make other people sad, which we are not.

I think people are making their bug reports just fine without people coming here to justify their hatred and vilify others.

Just because you feel those are things that need fixing doesn't mean everyone else does, either. I thought you were done responding to me in any case. We both disagree, let's end it at that.

Yeah the lack of toddlers and pool isn't important i never used them! These bugs are normal too, every game has bugs so that makes it ok.
    /End of sarcasm.

I'm not a positive, I'm actually neutral. People for some reason always insist on either being for or against, which is really childish.

I've been talking about the same things the "negatives" have, but I'm not going into people's threads to continually moan about, say, clipping because I don't see the point. It's not a matter of democracy or not, it's a matter of identifying a problem with something, making note of it so the gurus can see it and moving the hell on. You can read my post history if you insist on glorifying me as some sort of Sims 4 worshipping dimwit.
    It's just not true, I look at the positives and negatives but choose not to dwell on what's bad all the time.
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member

/End of sarcasm.

I'm not a positive, I'm actually neutral. People for some reason always insist on either being for or against, which is really childish.

I've been talking about the same things the "negatives" have, but I'm not going into people's threads to continually moan about, say, clipping because I don't see the point. It's not a matter of democracy or not, it's a matter of identifying a problem with something, making note of it so the gurus can see it and moving the hell on. You can read my post history if you insist on glorifying me as some sort of Sims 4 worshipping dimwit.
    It's just not true, I look at the positives and negatives but choose not to dwell on what's bad all the time.

So we've made notes about the things lacking in the game and bugs, before release date watching live streams etc. So the Gurus are definitely aware of them, why has a patch not been made for the release date? We both know EA's track record, they'll only fix something if its completely game breaking.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    The problem with you negatives is you think the only way to get a reaction is to scream yell and throw a fit. If can be handle a better way. I'm not saying posting about it isn't right but throwing a temper tantrum isn't going to fix things any faster.

Why buy the game then if you've seen the problems and what you don't like. If EA is so bad then don't buy their products. Problem solved.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

/End of sarcasm.

So we've made notes about the things lacking in the game and bugs, before release date watching live streams etc. So the Gurus are definitely aware of them, why has a patch not been made for the release date? We both know EA's track record, they'll only fix something if its completely game breaking.

There is a day one patch...
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-4-updates/
  • Options
    Jadedsins wrote: »

Well when most of the negative threads start making sense. People can be more understanding.

People have spread false info, cried about a lack of things to do, (when the game itself has tons of content that equals if not more than base sims 3).

What I've come to understand that, people will be closed minded and be negative no matter what. If they don't like the game, they will come to the forums and be all negative. That is fine! Just, don't be shocked when you get called out on some of the bs that the negative people are spreading.

People can call me out on my negative 🐸🐸🐸🐸 all they want. I'm not here to play who mommy loves best, i'm a very opinionated person and i like having my voice heard. I respect others who have a different opinion than me, I wont be rude to people who have a different opinion. Maybe blunt but never rude. But so far i have seen legitimate concerns about the game.
  • Options
    There are concerns yes but there are also people throwing temper tantrums about it. Making a hateful post isn't going to solve matters
  • Options
    Saskia507 wrote: »
    There are concerns yes but there are also people throwing temper tantrums about it. Making a hateful post isn't going to solve matters

And that's on them. You can't label all the negatives as immature kids just cause one or two has lost their toys.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    Go ahead and disagree with me I dont care. The game has glitches. Everyone of us knew it would. Remember The Sims 3 initial release? What gets me is the game has been out only a few hours and a lot of people are just hating on it. Guys come on. Its a great game and for the most part everything is going well. Rather than nit pick the game just have fun and stop acting like you're a game designer. All of us love the sims. Now take the time to realize how much work was put into the game.

Is this even true?? I'm in Finland, having morning coffee and checking the forums. This was the top thread and I'm shocked because it's just around 1:30 am on the West Coast of North America. Most people in North America have had a few hours to play it, and that's just counting the pre-order people who downloaded at midnight. People in Europe haven't even touched the game. So the haters have to be people who are from Asia?? I didn't see a lot of hate before I went to bed though, so I'm guessing the haters are midnight downloaders of North America or they're just trolls.

OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options

People can call me out on my negative 🐸🐸🐸🐸 all they want. I'm not here to play who mommy loves best, i'm a very opinionated person and i like having my voice heard. I respect others who have a different opinion than me, I wont be rude to people who have a different opinion. Maybe blunt but never rude. But so far i have seen legitimate concerns about the game.

You were rude to me, but so am I rude and I have a thick skin so it doesn't bother me. Just saying.

The thing I find funny though is that we keep telling you we have those very same legitimate concerns, we just don't understand why the people who don't care and aren't getting the game keep telling us what's wrong with it.

I'm off to do something fun, like I don't know, play TS4.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

You were rude to me, but so am I rude and I have a thick skin so it doesn't bother me. Just saying.

The thing I find funny though is that we keep telling you we have those very same legitimate concerns, we just don't understand why the people who don't care and aren't getting the game keep telling us what's wrong with it.

I'm off to do something fun, like I don't know, play TS4.

lol i was not rude trust me. If sarcasm and being blunt is being rude then i don't know. Then you take offense very easily.
  • Options
    And I didn't. Like I said before people can think what they want. I dc. Out of the ones i have seen a majority if they need to handle it better
  • Options
    And I didn't. Like I said before people can think what they want. I dc. Out of the ones i have seen a majority if they need to handle it better

Agreed here :)

@keyb0x I do apologize however if i came off rude.
  • Options
    Enkeli just been seeing a lot of immaturity on my end
  • Options
    Sc3niX you did a bit but I think it was mainly a misunderstanding
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member

And that's on them. You can't label all the negatives as immature kids just cause one or two has lost their toys.

I think the problem is that the ones screaming the loudest drown out the sensible ones.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    Enkeli just been seeing a lot of immaturity on my end

Yeah, I'm slow on the waking ;) lol Coffee cup is half empty... wait, half full... but I cannot quite judge the tone of the forum just yet ;)

OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    Its called down a lot lol

Exactly horrorfan
  • Options
    Sc3niX you did a bit but I think it was mainly a misunderstanding

My apologies then :) Sometimes i get carried away with my sarcasm and being blunt. Its never my intention to come off rude ^.^

• Options
    No problem at all
  • Options
    Goodnight everyone
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    @Enkeli, like you I won't get the game until Friday, and this was the first thread on the forums. Sitting here with my coffee too, I think I need another one.

It sounds like this game will require a very different play style from S3 and may take some time to get used to. I think it's important that people who find bugs and glitches do come on and and report them. Sometimes perfectly reasonable threads become war zones and that's a shame.

I'll be getting the game on Friday, and will then make up my mind if it's the game for me, I'll come to the forums until then and read both the positive and the negative.
  • Options
    Erich_RaederErich_Raeder Posts: 1,114 Member
    EA made a very good game, lets all bow down and worship EA