Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simmers are disappointing me

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    ladybastillaladybastilla Posts: 172 Member
    Lover or hater, the next few days will be the big hurrah. It happens with every game; it's just the way of the internet.

Personally? I'm glad I bought it. There are lots of things I love. There are a few things that irk me--most of which *I* can actually fix because they're due to new game + my lousy vision. And there's a whole bunch of stuff I've yet to test for myself...and until I do test it personally, I refuse to pass any form of judgement on those aspects of Sims 4.

Relax, everyone. This is just par for the course with a big series sequel launch. :)
  • Options
    sosweetlysosweetly Posts: 47 Member
    I can't wait to get my copy today! I'm still so excited. I'm enjoying the picture threads (check out Asterravos' post... Beautiful pics).

I don't have my Sims game in hand yet so I reserve my judgement. But I've brought each version (from TS1) and brought almost all of the packs for TS3... Which I didn't care for the change in style and stopped playing. I know the cost is an issue for lots of folks but it's not for me. I can appreciate the concerns for the cost and potential issues, and missing, loved content.
    This game is just being added to my The Sims collection (which includes an unopened copy of TS3 Pets. I couldn't even bother to install it. I could probably sell it. But I won't. Sell my copy? No way!).

I'm happy to see people's excitement. I understand the concerns, the reservations and the decisions not purchase at this time, if ever. I don't get the lashing out by some.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Can someone send me the link where people upload videos of live gameplay? Thank you!
  • Options
    vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    Well I haven't bought 4 yet. I've been playing the Sims since 1. Each new game should be a step up from the previous game, in graphics and game play. I've watched the live broadcast and from that I decided to hold off from buying this, because the hair and eyelashes, are a step back, walking through furniture,they did that in 3 and the graphics aren't that much better, in my opinion. I was expecting something like the console games more realism. That is just my opinion. I have spent a lot of money over the years. I own all of 1, 2 and 3, and most of the store.
    I know some people are saying it runs smooth, it always does when it first comes out. I'm glad so many people are having fun, after all that is whats its about. I probably will buy it sometime in the future. I will keep watch to see what patches come out to fix what, and what players are saying. I will have a first hand look as I know someone who has the game, on the same type of computer as mine. With all that being said, have fun everyone and respect each others opinions. After all it's a game, and we have a choice to buy it or not. Anything man made is never going to be perfect. Look at all the car recalls for example.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I just was checking LazyGamer Reviews Twitter page and he seems to be liking it too. At the time he mentioned he was 6 hours in the game so far. He mentions in his posts he is hoping to have a review up by the weekend. Mine won't be here until later this morning - so just checking out different posts.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    adamc123adamc123 Posts: 221 Member
    edited September 2014
    Because the game is so bad and missing so much stuff and still got just as many bugs as the sims 3.
    Post edited by adamc123 on
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Well I do not have my game yet and I came out here to see how the game is. I am so excited, I have been reading post for almost an hour now, and they all have such good reports and game play, I have not see a really bad report from those who are playing, only from those who do not have the game, I can't wait for 10am to get my game. I am so happy to see so many pictures and good news about the Sims 4.
    Well I am now going back to read some more things about the amazing Sims 4.
  • Options
    mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    I'm not getting it, but I came on and checking threads to see if their is anything from those who had and I see a lot of positive things from people. I read some more and realized that the mods are hard at work deleting threads that have a negative tone to them. This does not surprise me and explains a lot. Checkout other fan site forums and you will see a whole different tone....
  • Options
    LolaleePlayerLolaleePlayer Posts: 16 Member
    I have no intentions of being negative, but I am one of the old point and click sim gals and find this more like sim mario brothers...I am hanging in the sky....cant move the furniture...sigh....I will get my geek son to help me...but ....oh please dont take my sims 3 point and click...sigh....maybe it is my age....I still write checks....online banking scares me....the saving grace is motherlode...I took the gal and stuck her in a fine house....just cant get her to go where I want her to go yet...well my geek son will help me after he gives me the stupid old people frown....that alone is worth the price of admission....still got humor....
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited September 2014
    You go to your habitual clothing shop, you are and old client and expect to be treated as you deserve, you see a beautifull dress, it is rather expensive but you want it, it fits your style and the material and dising is nice, then you try it on and you notice the stiches are slipping here and there... the cuff is not much even as it should, even the pattern has some glitches..., should you shut up? are you not going to ask the shop to fix it? should you not be nitcpicking to point each one of the failures you can find? are you to be said just don´t buy it? if you want it and your money is that good as they are asking for, is it not your right to have it in the quality standard its price wants?

We are not buying on a sale off of fault products but a shiny new high quality product or so have we been told, so, why are we to be quiet and wait for modders to fix anything, EA has to hear us and patch every glitch and every bug we can point at, and this is the right time and place to ask for it!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!