Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simmers are disappointing me

Comments

• Saskia507Saskia507 Posts: 649 Member
    Well a lot of what I've seen is posting about glitches. That is just whats always popped up. There's a page to post it so they will read it and know what to fix. Flooding the forum with posts about it isn't going to change things. I don't expect mine too either lol I just needed to vent.
  • keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    EatChees wrote: »
    keyb0x wrote: »
    Jadedsins wrote: »
    baddazoner wrote: »
    do people here not understand that some people just don't like the game? it's great you like the game but it's not rocket science to realise that others do not share the same opinion

forums are for positive and negative threads

I don't think many of us care that people are negative about the game, but attacking others who like it, or just spreading false info to make the game looks worse is a no go in my books.

Notice how they all jump in on those threads as if to say "I told you so" too. lol

Is it lonely up there on your pedestal?

What are you even talking about? :s
    Hey it could be worse. It's a lot better than Dragon Age 2 and its definitely a lot better than Brink.
  • JohnBlackJohnBlack Posts: 115 Member
    > @Jadedsins said:
    > Sims 2 was one of the best sims. In my honest two cents sims 2 is what made The sims into a huge thing.
    >
    >
    > Sims 3 was a step back from sims 2 in many ways. The engine was bad, it was filled with bugs, and open world was not as great as it seems when most of the sims either bugged out, or did not appear for a long time.
    >
    >
    > They took what sims 2 had, and improve it by a lot. Sims 3 did some things great, but the bad stuff was just to much to ignore. At least sims 4 is starting off on the right foot.

Yes Sims 2 is the best game out of the franchise thus far even if it is 10 years old :smile:
  • averee90averee90 Posts: 448 Member
    JFC.
    Agreed about SIms 2. Anyways its late so I'm saying my good nights.
  • gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    There is some trolling out there...stirring the pot.

There are the people who do not like the game...they are saying real reasons why they do not like it.

Not buzz words.

I do not want to buy this game at this time BUT I do see a few troll treads.

Not all that glitters is gold...just because someone SAYS what you want to hear does not mean they are not trolling.
  • EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    @Lostsouls I don't know why you are stalking me and disagreeing with every post I make, but would you kindly go away. I get that you disagree with me but, shoo.
    Sig.png
    do people here not understand that some people just don't like the game? it's great you like the game but it's not rocket science to realise that others do not share the same opinion

I don't think many of us care that people are negative about the game, but attacking others who like it, or just spreading false info to make the game looks worse is a no go in my books.

Notice how they all jump in on those threads as if to say "I told you so" too. lol

It's a saying for someone being pretentious.
    Sig.png
    EatChees and Keyb0x lets stop this here. No starting arguments or stirring the pot or anything like that. Its been a simple discussion so far so lets keep it that way please and thank you.

It's a saying for someone being pretentious.

How am I being pretentious? What?
    Saskia507 wrote: »
    EatChees and Keyb0x lets stop this here. No starting arguments or stirring the pot or anything like that. Its been a simple discussion so far so lets keep it that way please and thank you.

My apologies then.
    Sig.png
  • MckinneyMiniMckinneyMini Posts: 456 Member
    edited September 2014
    Saskia507 wrote: »
    All I've seen so far is people finding reasons to hate it and Its very frustrating. I agree the game is beautiful and feels a lot smoother than the sims 3. I think it might have aspects from all of the sims games mixed. I love it personally.

You do realize that it is an entertainment medium like books, movies, art, etc right? People nitpick books, movies, art, AND games and everyone is entitled to. Its funny I see more threads of people calling out people who do not like certain things about the game than thread from people who don't like it saying that they don't get the people who like the game. Its funny how that works. It is fine for you to LOVE it and its fine for others to maybe not like everything about it. I might like the movie Django Unchained and someone may HATE it, you don't see people whining about how people shouldn't like it because I loved it do you?
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've yet to find any major glitches or bugs, and that's after over 3 hours of game play. It's a bit of a learning curve, especially when you're used to Sims 3 way of doing things. I've been having a lot of trouble making friends -- sometimes the group conversation thing can be a bit confusing when you're trying to concentrate on just one person to get them up to friend level. Maybe I should just invite him over for dinner when I get my new house. But I'm enjoying it, and I'm not really bored yet at all.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited September 2014
    Disappointments can happen, especially for new releases or even already released titles. Players have the right to shed some disappointment, especially when it's a game they paid good money for. Though of course if you like a game then, good, fantastic your allowed to express your pleasure to the world. But do keep in mind others can have a very different opinions than yours, and that tromping on them sparks most of the flame wars.

All in all debating is what really can shed more light on what you or other people liked, and what you and others didn't like. Maybe give the Gurus a better perspective of what they should try to do, or try to fix in later patches, expansions or even new iterations.
  • shipofsimsshipofsims Posts: 905 Member
    edited September 2014
    I really don't care what people say, I still want it!
    I know there will be things I like and don't, but is that not always the case with every game you buy? :)
    Disappointments can happen, especially for new releases or even already released titles. Players have the right to shed some disappointment, especially when it's a game they paid good money for. Though of course if you like a game then, good, fantastic your allowed to express your pleasure to the world. But do keep in mind others can have a very different opinions than yours, and that tromping on them sparks most of the flame wars.

All in all debating is what really can shed more light on what you or other people liked, and what you and others didn't like. Maybe give the Gurus a better perspective of what they should try to do, or try to fix in later patches, expansions or even new iterations.

I don't think most people here are against reporting bugs and such, I found the baby glitch pretty funny. But it's all the people who go around dampening the mood by acting like they won't get fixed. Especially after they've told everyone they're not getting the game. It's like, "so why are you here then"?
    Just would like to point out I have never said their opinions are wrong. I merely stated it was frustrating how some were handling it. I'm not saying you need to love this game. I'm Just saying give it a fair chance

I don't think most people here are against reporting bugs and such, I found the baby glitch pretty funny. But it's all the people who go around dampening the mood by acting like they won't get fixed. Especially after they've told everyone they're not getting the game. It's like, "so why are you here then"?

My Dear, We are here because we have hope that our complaints will be heard and result in a better sims 5. We want what we don't like to be heard so that EA doesn't keep doing what they are doing. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. In addition lots of things will not be fixed, they won't put in a open world or CASt, and they also won't make any changes to the art style. Also EA has a horrible track record when it comes to fixing things. You act like we are doing this just to make other people sad, which we are not.
    Sig.png
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    Some of us are upset yes. They knew that this was a bare bones base game. But I think its completely different when you actually have it and really realize that there really is nothing to do yet. And that's probably why they are complaining. You think you know, but you don't until you see it.

My Dear, We are here because we have hope that our complaints will be heard and result in a better sims 5. We want what we don't like to be heard so that EA doesn't keep doing what they are doing. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. In addition lots of things will not be fixed, they won't put in a open world or CASt, and they also won't make any changes to the art style. Also EA has a horrible track record when it comes to fixing things. You act like we are doing this just to make other people sad, which we are not.

I think people are making their bug reports just fine without people coming here to justify their hatred and vilify others.

Just because you feel those are things that need fixing doesn't mean everyone else does, either. I thought you were done responding to me in any case. We both disagree, let's end it at that.
  • LovetoSimLovetoSim Posts: 70 Member
    I almost did not purchase this game because of what everyone was saying. It is a lot of money to spend on a game that might be crap. I decided to get it because I do love the sims and origin's menu says if you hate it, they will refund you. I don't think I am going to hate it. So far I seem to like it. I really like the interactions the sims have with eachother. I like the options you have to create the sim. I miss a few of the old stuff, like driving. I do hate the load screen in between destinations, more than I thought I would. And the controls are going to take me a while to get used to. And I also dislike that you can no longer change things to any color that you want.

I dont think that the extreme hate for this game is necessary. I think over all it is a good game and I hope that simmers will give it a try. Plus I kinda feel like if everyone here thinks they can do better than EA at making a sim like game, than go do it but I'm sure no matter what you do you will have customers like yourself nit-picking every little detail.
  • JadedsinsJadedsins Posts: 233 Member
    Kamb64 wrote: »
    Some of us are upset yes. They knew that this was a bare bones base game. But I think its completely different when you actually have it and really realize that there really is nothing to do yet. And that's probably why they are complaining. You think you know, but you don't until you see it.

What do you mean nothing to do? Could you explain more? Like I said before, this game has more content in it than sims 3 first coming out.

The skills have branch offs in it. Jobs have more options, the sims are more alive, and react to things. What more do you want in a core sim game? Pools? Toddlers? Them two things are not enough for people to not be bored with.

I think people are making their bug reports just fine without people coming here to justify their hatred and vilify others.

Just because you feel those are things that need fixing doesn't mean everyone else does, either. I thought you were done responding to me in any case. We both disagree, let's end it at that.

I never said everybody wants those things, but I have seen a lot of people that do.
    Sig.png
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member

Yeah the lack of toddlers and pool isn't important i never used them! These bugs are normal too, every game has bugs so that makes it ok.
    /End of sarcasm.

The thing with most of you positives, you think we're complaining just for the sake of complaining. Do you think democracy would of ever came into play if people just kept quiet and sent little letters describing their dissatisfaction? If we want something to change, we need to make a big noise about it. Simple logic.