Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

who has fallen weak

Comments

• Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    I am still waiting
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    mwdonohue wrote: »
    kirby356 wrote: »
    Atomicus wrote: »
    @mwdonohue You never said how you got the game early. Aren't you US? :astonished:

I actually mentioned it a few times. I used a VPN to change my IP Address to a Korean one.
    Umm....is that even legal?

I never heard of it being illegal to use a vpn.

Guess you will find out soon enough,since you openly admitted it on the forum.

Well. I'll message SimGuruHydra. I don't think there's a problem though.

lol Nah i wouldnt worry about it. if it was,they would be contacting you.
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    I was going to wait, but ended up pre-ordering on Friday and will be playing tonight at 9. I saw enough potential (especially with the creative tools in CAS and Build Modes) and the gameplay (especially kids) that I can overlook the flaws. Now I've got to go pick the splinters out of my backside from jumping on and off the fence so much. :p
    TMarie wrote: »
    @mwdonohue You never said how you got the game early. Aren't you US? :astonished:

I actually mentioned it a few times. I used a VPN to change my IP Address to a Korean one.
    Yes, it is legal.

I know Steam doesn't allow VPN's to be used and they consider using them to be piracy....I can't imagine Origin is more laid back than Steam.

I hope not... I went into this thinking that they allowed it... I wish someone would tell me though.
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    No.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    not to change the topic but what are easter eggs. i heard of them but i don't know.

From Wikipedia:
    An Easter egg is an intentional inside joke, hidden message, or feature in a work such as a computer program, video game, movie, book, or crossword. According to game designer Warren Robinett, the term was coined at Atari by personnel who were alerted to the presence of a secret message which had been hidden by Robinett in his already widely distributed game, Adventure. The name has been said to evoke the idea of a traditional Easter egg hunt.

For example, in CAS there's a kitty cat sweater; that could be an Easter egg for an upcoming Pets expansion. There's also a T-shirt that shows a UFO kidnapping an animal of some sort, so that could be an Easter egg for the return of aliens in some form (could either be playable aliens like in Sims 3, or Sims 2 aliens where you never saw them but you saw Sims get abducted). In Sims 3 people liked to try and spot things on movie posters on the theater to get clues for upcoming content, especially in the Store worlds.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options

You never know though... They might be on lunch break or something.
  • Options
    Dearra95Dearra95 Posts: 556 Member
    Not me. I'm still not buying it.
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member

You never know though... They might be on lunch break or something.

Well you know how they are lol they always get to it. even if it is two years later.
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member

Yes, it is legal.

I know Steam doesn't allow VPN's to be used and they consider using them to be piracy....I can't imagine Origin is more laid back than Steam.
    I think it's a illegal to buy the game with a VPN, not to unlock it early.
  • Options
    rooroomay1509rooroomay1509 Posts: 2,693 Member
    Im weak from not being able to get it until....Christmas. So far away. *cough* I might die before *cough* then.

I've always wanted the game and never had a second thought but...again I can't get it for awhile. I must not go on these forums until I get it, no more spoilers!!! But i'll probably still be on here, I am weak. xD
  • Options
    TMarieTMarie Posts: 183 Member

Yes, it is legal.

This is what steam says (granted its Steam and not Origin):
    You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, we may terminate your access to your Account.
    Origin I.D. : TovahMarie

"Plum went to the plum to plum plumly"

tumblr_n0solrOrvy1ts8vabo2_400.gif

• Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Hermione-Raising-Hand.gif
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    talomktalomk Posts: 16 Member
    > @mwdonohue said:
    > stilljustme2 wrote: »
    >
    > I was going to wait, but ended up pre-ordering on Friday and will be playing tonight at 9. I saw enough potential (especially with the creative tools in CAS and Build Modes) and the gameplay (especially kids) that I can overlook the flaws. Now I've got to go pick the splinters out of my backside from jumping on and off the fence so much.
    >
    >
    >
    > TMarie wrote: »
    >
    > CapraCorn104 wrote: »
    >
    > kirby356 wrote: »
    >
    > mwdonohue wrote: »
    >
    > Atomicus wrote: »
    >
    > mwdonohue You never said how you got the game early. Aren't you US? :astonished:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I actually mentioned it a few times. I used a VPN to change my IP Address to a Korean one.
    >
    >
    >
    > Umm....is that even legal?
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes, it is legal.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I know Steam doesn't allow VPN's to be used and they consider using them to be piracy....I can't imagine Origin is more laid back than Steam.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I hope not... I went into this thinking that they allowed it... I wish someone would tell me though.

As long as there is nothing in the terms of service that you agreed to when you bought the game then you should be fine.
  • Options

Yes, it is legal.

This is what steam says (granted its Steam and not Origin):
    You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, we may terminate your access to your Account.

Maybe origin is less strict...
  • Options
    kama674kama674 Posts: 1,618 Member
    Not me! I'm still going to wait and see as I see no reason for a rush to go and buy it. :)
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    What do we have up here? A bunch of cops? Or is it schoolyard snitches? Sheesh. If the person openly stated it, then leave it alone. If a guru wants to take issue with it, they can. For pete's sake children - let's grow up. Ewwww.

Was going to wait and see with this one but son came in and said "I'll split it with you." What the hell - I caved.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I thought EA said it was okay to play the game with a VPN but it's not okay to BUY the game with VPN
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    TMarieTMarie Posts: 183 Member
    Surreal wrote: »
    What do we have up here? A bunch of cops? Or is it schoolyard snitches? Sheesh. If the person openly stated it, then leave it alone. If a guru wants to take issue with it, they can. For pete's sake children - let's grow up. Ewwww.

Was going to wait and see with this one but son came in and said "I'll split it with you." What the hell - I caved.

I'd just hate to see someone lose their account because they thought something was legal and it wasn't.
    Origin I.D. : TovahMarie

"Plum went to the plum to plum plumly"

tumblr_n0solrOrvy1ts8vabo2_400.gif

• Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    The only thing that is almost making me buy the game is that if I wait until a few EPs are out I might not be able to buy everything at once.
    But, for now, I'm waiting.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    Speaking of the easter egg...

2oMIz5M.jpg
  • Options

I'd just hate to see someone lose their account because they thought something was legal and it wasn't.

Yeah... I would too. lol. But I just got addicted to ts4... There's no coming out of it now. (I mean. Unless a Guru or someone else who has the power to terminate the account asks me to)
  • Options
    rikkiroserikkirose Posts: 74 Member
    > @CapraCorn104 said:
    > I was sitting strongly and uncomfortably on this fence here, now I feel like buying the premium edition. :'(

Yep, I was on the fence, was telling myself to wait until it came out so I could read reviews by players. Caved and bout the premium edition. XD
    I am the walrus?
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    I'm still not getting the game. There has to be at least a couple EP's, including toddlers and pools. Then I might consider buying it.
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited September 2014
    Nope, I'm not falling weak. This game is asking for real dough. If it was free, I'd be getting it though.
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member

My experience on Sims forums is that the person who says they'd hate to see someone get in trouble is the first person to report, thereby ensuring it. But who knows... maybe it's different this time.